Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    You tell me to stop hating on you speculating but what do you think you're doing?

The only thing I'm saying is that Sims 5 won't be out in 2 years time. And by 'saying' I mean 'speculating' and by 'speculating' I mean, what do you think people were saying three years ago? That there had been a new Sims game every 4 years so OF COURSE there would be a new one in 2018.

They been scouting for jobs in 2018 .

Which is part of why I'm not excited at all. You know games can be in development for years and get delayed many times for many reasons.

@Loanet Looking back at all previous Sims games, they all took about the same amount of years to develop. In many of these cases the development of the games started in secret right after the release of the previous one like the Sims 3 development started in 2004-2005. So it could be they started developing the game earlier than we might know. Even if it only started in 2018 it's already been a while.
    Only thing I will say that might have delayed to development is Covid. Other than that of course games get delayed but that doesn't mean every single game out there will get delayed, it's more of a worst case scenario. And even if there is a delay, it will probably be few months like it was with the previous games.

The Devs who made Sims 2 also made Sims 3, and they knew both games had limitations which is why they started on Sims 3 right after Sims 2. Sims 3 has the SAME ENGINE as Sims 2, so it was easy to make.

Sims 4's engine changed directions two years in, and was built in two years because Sims 3's lagging engine couldn't take another year. And you KNOW Sims 4 was seriously incomplete at launch. No pools, no ghosts, no aliens, and your Sim went from being an object in a crib to a ten-year-old. But it has an engine and graphics that can really stand the test of time thanks to semi-closed worlds and cartoonish graphics.

These adverts are for people to develop a UI. Which is one of the earliest things worked on in a game. The Dev team is just barely being put together. Sims 5 has NOT been secretly worked on for the last seven years. We don't even know if it's Sims 5 they're working on.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    You tell me to stop hating on you speculating but what do you think you're doing?

The only thing I'm saying is that Sims 5 won't be out in 2 years time. And by 'saying' I mean 'speculating' and by 'speculating' I mean, what do you think people were saying three years ago? That there had been a new Sims game every 4 years so OF COURSE there would be a new one in 2018.

They been scouting for jobs in 2018 .

Which is part of why I'm not excited at all. You know games can be in development for years and get delayed many times for many reasons.

@Loanet Looking back at all previous Sims games, they all took about the same amount of years to develop. In many of these cases the development of the games started in secret right after the release of the previous one like the Sims 3 development started in 2004-2005. So it could be they started developing the game earlier than we might know. Even if it only started in 2018 it's already been a while.
    Only thing I will say that might have delayed to development is Covid. Other than that of course games get delayed but that doesn't mean every single game out there will get delayed, it's more of a worst case scenario. And even if there is a delay, it will probably be few months like it was with the previous games.

The Devs who made Sims 2 also made Sims 3, and they knew both games had limitations which is why they started on Sims 3 right after Sims 2. Sims 3 has the SAME ENGINE as Sims 2, so it was easy to make.

Sims 4's engine changed directions two years in, and was built in two years because Sims 3's lagging engine couldn't take another year. And you KNOW Sims 4 was seriously incomplete at launch. No pools, no ghosts, no aliens, and your Sim went from being an object in a crib to a ten-year-old. But it has an engine and graphics that can really stand the test of time thanks to semi-closed worlds and cartoonish graphics.

These adverts are for people to develop a UI. Which is one of the earliest things worked on in a game. The Dev team is just barely being put together. Sims 5 has NOT been secretly worked on for the last seven years. We don't even know if it's Sims 5 they're working on.

EA/Maxis HAS to work on The Sims 5 and it's being developed openly and in earnest at this point. They KNOW the competition is working on theirs. Moreover, they just lost the exclusivity license with Star Wars which means not only have customers lost faith in them, but their reputation with CLIENTS as well (Disney was not happy with the Batuu gamepack reception among other disappointments). So they HAVE to step up with a new iteration in a popular franchise to prove that they haven't lost their edge. To drag out TS4 any longer would give the edge to the competition.

• CayleyCarlsonCayleyCarlson Posts: 18 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > The Devs who made Sims 2 also made Sims 3, and they knew both games had limitations which is why they started on Sims 3 right after Sims 2. Sims 3 has the SAME ENGINE as Sims 2, so it was easy to make.
    >
    > Sims 4's engine changed directions two years in, and was built in two years because Sims 3's lagging engine couldn't take another year. And you KNOW Sims 4 was seriously incomplete at launch. No pools, no ghosts, no aliens, and your Sim went from being an object in a crib to a ten-year-old. But it has an engine and graphics that can really stand the test of time thanks to semi-closed worlds and cartoonish graphics.
    >
    > These adverts are for people to develop a UI. Which is one of the earliest things worked on in a game. The Dev team is just barely being put together. Sims 5 has NOT been secretly worked on for the last seven years. We don't even know if it's Sims 5 they're working on.

There's general game UI, yes, but there's A LOT of UI in games. Games don't just move in single-directional chunks. EA/Maxis is a big machine churning stuff out every day, from multiple directions. That UI guy might be working on any number of menus, or maybe just enhancing current ones. They may be implementing 'new' menus, perhaps the previous UI designer has left the team?

Games take a long time to develop (much longer than it appears to us), and nowadays, fans are really chomping at the bit after an announcement which can put huge pressure on teams. So the bread trail that people outside of the game see is usually only apparent when the game is pretty polished. Maybe even mostly complete.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

Yes. This thread should go in the Franchise section.

I just want to see stuff about this iteration here.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    Simburian wrote: »

Yes. This thread should go in the Franchise section.

I just want to see stuff about this iteration here.

@Simburian What does this have to do with the video I posted? Also you can always flag the thread if you want to. No need to comment.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

If they do use subscriptions, i hope it is for multiplayer and not anything single player related
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

If they do use subscriptions, i hope it is for multiplayer and not anything single player related

That would be just as bad. GTA V has a solo campaign but they put all their effort on multiplayer content if you wanted new stuff.

I'm really tired of where EA is taking The Sims and I'm caring about this franchise less and less. I'm putting more focus on the competition now.

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Oh God here we go... they’re already focusing on how to implement online game play before getting the bare bones game established first? Is ea ever going to learn? Do they even care about the community and what we actually want?

If people want to play with life online there are already other ways to do that (SecondLife) and it gets straight into uncanny valley. The Sims is one of those games you just kind of want to play by yourself. I don’t want anyone’s input on why my sim has been eating garden salad for the past 4 days and will continue to do so lol.

They would need to implement it correctly. I always told my sister it would be cool if she could baby sit my Sims kids and come over and hang out with my Sims family and stuff like that but that’s about it... we could have play dates and stuff like that but then there’s the potential problem of people not logging on for months at a time.... there’s just to many opportunities for this to fail.
    p6tqefj