Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS5 threads useful ?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    In term of votes, TS5 threads are not popular and this category is TS4 Speculation & Rumor but some people want to talk about it.

It would be nice to keep on talking about it in The Sims Franchise Discussion, isn't it a good compromise ?

Both, respecting the choice to keep TS4 categories for TS4 and respecting the choice to talk about TS5 without being in the Off-topic ?
    Yes I think that is a very good idea. I am glad they added that section. I remember speculation and rumor was added when SimGuruDrake was CM. She was amazing at organizing the forums. But I am happy she is doing well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    No
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing what you might want in the game, but to say that Sims 5 is confirmed is a bit disingenuous. We know it's likely to come, but there has been no official confirmation from EA.
    That isn't true. It has been confirmed by the CEO of EA while talking during an earnings call for their shareholders. So not like it isn't coming directly from the source because it is.
    https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

The article you linked to doesn't confirm anything. It was vague statements about what Sims was, is, and how they are thinking about Sims future within our gaming environment. The only kind of answer he can give to questions currently, because there is nothing tangible to comment on yet.

The title of the article is a misnomer. The article even opens with "Electronic Arts (EA) has not formally confirmed its plans for the next entry in the franchise" and ends with "Going by Wilson’s wording, The Sims 5 is still in the conceptual, pre-production phase."

This article is nothing more than speculation and extrapolation on the part of the author. Just like all the Sims 5 threads here in the forums.
    I'm not knocking speculation, and the fun people get from that. Just saying there is no confirmation of anything.

NDA would also limit what a potential SimsGuru could say...really just that, it'll be announced when EA gives the go ahead.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    In term of votes, TS5 threads are not popular and this category is TS4 Speculation & Rumor but some people want to talk about it.

It would be nice to keep on talking about it in The Sims Franchise Discussion, isn't it a good compromise ?

Both, respecting the choice to keep TS4 categories for TS4 and respecting the choice to talk about TS5 without being in the Off-topic ?

Than don't clink on them.The owners running this forum are okay with the threads being here or they would been removed already.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Other choice
    Or you know, you can just not click on them.

It’s not hard.

—T
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well this answers the Sims 5 announcement that came with time. Not shocked since a lot of things are put on hold.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes

Sure I think the Sim Franchise forum is where they could move all TS5 topics. Then you guys will have the same threads about what comes next for TS4 to read, I mean it's not like those don't get spammed, either. But I agree, move the threads and most of us will be happy to get out of TS4 discussions. (Unless it's about a new pack that is announced, we will happly go talk about TS5).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes I think that is a very good idea. I am glad they added that section. I remember speculation and rumor was added when SimGuruDrake was CM. She was amazing at organizing the forums. But I am happy she is doing well.

SimGuruDrake had to be explained why speculation wasn't a violation of topics and why we got a speculation forum. And the history behind The Sims speculation. Some went into great detail with her of why it had always been a 'Sim thing' to speculate and wish and dream about this franchise. She finally agreed to make a forum for it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    Yeah and the complaining about the Sims 4 is just people having a different opinion and wanting a better game. If we want to request that and want The Sims Team to see then where's the problem?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    Yeah and the complaining about the Sims 4 is just people having a different opinion and wanting a better game. If we want to request that and want The Sims Team to see then where's the problem?

I know right? I feel like people just lumped together as people who just love to bash the game, NO we don't, we loved this franchise and want it to succeed.
    And we want to go on to the TS5 and want it to be an amazing game! What is so wrong with that.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    No
    Sims 5 threads may or may not be useful, but trying to shutdown one side of a conversation because you disagree with it is just wrong.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other choice
    If they are constructive for discussion and debate then I don’t mind them. However I seem to notice a lot of the threads turn into a I hate sims 4 and want sims 5 or I love sims 4 and don’t understand those who hate it and want sims 5 and people end up arguing. It seems there are a lot of threads that end up this way now and not just those about sims 5. Personally I’m not too fussed about sims 5 as I’ve only been playing 4 for 18 months but I welcome discussion about what it may entail and when it may come out. I’m personally hoping it has the gameplay and cas type options of sims 3, graphics and build mode of sims 4 with open neighbourhoods and it not be online.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    I dont think sims 5 threads are relevant in a sims 4 section of the forums. I think, because they have confirmed the sims 5, they should open up a new section of the forums, specifically for that iteration of the game. A few speculation threads are fine but the amount of sims 5 threads has multiplied in the last few months so I think that, while there may not have been before, there would now be enough interest and traffic to have a sims 5 section be on its own.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    No
    No, they're useless and no they don't give me any kind of useful infos on anything.
    They are used solely for complaining about what's bad in TS4 and saying do better in TS5.
    If the complaining didn't do much to make the 4th iteration of the game better, threads about 5 are completely and utterly useless. If EAxis is smart they'll take in to account what they made wrong and what was most wanted in TS4 anyway, when, and if they start on developing TS5. They'll do a ton of market research up front anyway, too.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    No
    I dont mind if its in the speculation side of the forum, thats why its in the speculation. If people like to discuss and dream about potential sims 5 in this section of the forum why not. I dont have to bother.
    Whats useless is giving feedback in the sims4 Game section for a potential sims 5
    No, they're useless and no . If EAxis is smart they'll take in to account what they made wrong and what was most wanted in TS4 anyway, when, and if they start on developing TS5. They'll do a ton of market research up front anyway, too.

agreed. I would not be suprised if they remove or not add features that was loved in the sims2-4. They can do whatever the want and still have a huge audience and therefore the money. It will be no suprise if the sims5 will be fully online, since some kind of multiplayer experience is really important for them.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    I think TS5 threads are useful. They're an indication that people are fed up with TS4 and want to move on to TS5 already. The more threads, the more urgent or intense the feeling.

If TS4 simmers don't like it however, EA should already create a TS5 section in these forums then. And then people looking forward to TS5 can really post as many ideas, hopes and wishes they have for TS5 without upsetting the TS4 bunch.

• Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    No but I like to talk about The Sims 5
    I like reading folks opinions and sharing what some think should be...it is always interesting!
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    The ones that give constructive criticism are super cool, I love to see new ideas and imagine them in a Sims game.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    @ClarionOfJoy

Correction : "They're an indication that a tiny sample of people are fed up with TS4 and want to move on to TS5 already."

Do You Want The Sims 5 *Yet*? (376 votes)
    Yes: 118 votes (31%) It's not 100,000, 10,000 or even 1,000 players
    No: 258 votes (69%)

The loudest one is never the majority. The reality is never the one that you want.

"The more threads, the more urgent or intense the feeling."
    I won't say that when 20 threads are started by the same person.

Just imagine if the 258 players who don't want TS5 start 5160 threads against TS5 (20 threads per person), I'm sure you won't appreciate that.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    @ClarionOfJoy

Correction : "They're an indication that a tiny sample of people are fed up with TS4 and want to move on to TS5 already."

Do You Want The Sims 5 *Yet*? (376 votes)
    Yes: 118 votes (31%) It's not 100,000, 10,000 or even 1,000 players
    No: 258 votes (69%)

The loudest one is never the majority. The reality is never the one that you want.

"The more threads, the more urgent or intense the feeling."
    I won't say that when 20 threads are started by the same person.

Just imagine if the 258 players who don't want TS5 start 5160 threads against TS5 (20 threads per person), I'm sure you won't appreciate that.

Correction:
    @LeGardePourpre Remember these are the Sims 4 forums, people who are active here are most probably people who actively play the game reguralrly, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

If you want a real representation of the reception The Sims 4 has had then look around the internet/life more. Also the amount of players who have the game are also not a good indication since The Sims 4 has been given out for free before.
  • Options
    Yes
    @SimmerGeorge

87 902 players online on Sunday 12 PM GMT.

@LeGardePourpre Your point?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @SimmerGeorge

A total of 376 votes is only 0.42% of this number, it's not representative of the whole community.

They probably never read any TS5 threads. The fact is a tiny group want to decide for the majority.
  • Options
    Yes
    @SimmerGeorge

376 total of votes is only 0.42% of this number, it's not representative of the whole community.

They probably never read any TS5 threads. The fact is a tiny sample of people want to decide for the majority.

There are thousands of people dissatisfied with The Sims 4 out there but for obvious reasons they are not on this site and might have even stopped playing the game. You can't rely on a poll about a game on the game's own forums. Ofc most people will not want The Sims 5. If you want to prove a point fine people outside this forum as well.

Also this whole "we don't want a new Sims game" thing happened during The Sims 3 era as well in those forums. You can go back a few years and see people complaining about The Sims 4 coming too early. Well you saw how that turned out, tons of people still bought the game of course. It's inevitable that people compain about the new game until it comes out and sell well :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @SimmerGeorge

"There are thousands of people dissatisfied with The Sims 4 out "

Where did you find that number ?
    I could also say there are hundreds of thousands of players who are satisfied.

There are hundreds of thousands of players dissatisfied with Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem.
  • Options
    Yes
    @SimmerGeorge

"There are thousands of people dissatisfied with The Sims 4 out "

Where did you find that number ?
    I could also say there are hundreds of thousands of players who are satisfied.

There are hundreds of thousands of players dissatisfied with Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem.

@LeGardePourpre Ehmm YouTube top comments in almost every Sims related video? All those videos about the Sims 4 being empty and EA being greedy going viral?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top