Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS5 threads useful ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
Hi,

A lot of The Sims 5 threads are started but do they give you useful informations ?

Are TS5 threads useful ? 211 votes

Yes
15%
CK213catmom1987SusanaLeotefriendlysimmersCinebarKaeChan2089Sakia903PupDLSspice3mikawagMikado-chanSimmerMarsChadSims2NationalPokedexpandie00king_of_simcity7garapoesactuallyitsjessicafilipomelClarionOfJoy 33 votes
No
64%
BluegayleJeanLeGardePourpreIcewolfErja888IceyJaprilroseWedlisamwittCamkatAlrynnIsb917Simburiankeekee53DOLLDRMS1SnuffyBucketIrdiwenAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010 136 votes
No but I like to talk about The Sims 5
13%
auroraael14wickichickJestTrumlmeadowsBimleSimdoogeriekristenleighwhitekristina16087-KendallKatz-EvaliynInternal_ChaosDeKayStrawberryYogurtAllyJean13comicsforlifeJediMuppetValeahTS1299AbbyZTodiloo 29 votes
Other choice
6%
Bagoas77LaniNeptuneTo7mCAPTAIN_NXR7DoloresGreyAquaGamer1212LoanetSAEldarinlogionTwicelikeyLibertyTheFreeSimAlexandrianetney52 13 votes

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    No. I don’t want to see any TS5 threads.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Yes
    yes since it prepares us for the possible annoncement of the sims5 at eaplay june 11 2020
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    Why not? It's okay to talk about it...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    Honestly I learnt nothing relevant about the future of The Sims, too many fake news.
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    The sims 5 is coming at some point, even if sims 4 players want 4 to last forever. There is nothing wrong with folks speculating about Sims 5. Especially as there are two potential competitors in the works.

If the moderators and EA had a problem with sims 5 threads they would be moved to off topic or find a reason to close them. 4 is 6 years old. Many of us simmers are ready for something new and better and it is fun to talk about possibilities.

It seems to me that as we got closer to a sims 4 announcement more and more sims 4 speculating threads popped up on the sims 3 forums.

Just have to ask. How is this thread useful🤔?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Other choice
    Well...any thread is useful or not depending on what you are looking for.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other choice
    I'm not interested in Sims 5, but if it is in development, I assume it's useful as for telling EA what people want...

However, I think there are too many of them and some should be merged.
    And I don't think they should be here in the Sims 4 area, even if it is in the speculation part because it's for speculation about Sims 4...
    I'd prefer to see them in the Sims Franchise area which is for talk about all the games until there's an offical place.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Yes they're useful they let the Sims team know how many of us are disapointed with Sims 4 and are ready to move on and the mistakes that came with Sims 4 we dont want to see again.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited June 2020
    Ultimately I dont think they are but I enjoy talking and speculating about the game.

I do wish it had its own section in the forums bcoz some threads are in franchise, feedback, ideas, speculation etc and I dont know where the most proper place is for it.

I think its a good idea to generate ideas and if they catch enough wind maybe it will change something. I didnt know people cared so much about toddlers until this forum (i personally still dont care about todders) but it was nice to see them being implemented so well. But i imagine there was a lot of push for it on twitter and other social media too.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    No
    Just to add to my abrupt no, lol. I just answered your question as in No they don't contain useful information. If they all did I would be saying Yes. However they can be entertaining at times. And there have been a few that contain well thought out concerns & requests for the developers so those would be useful.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    I think they should all be merged into one mega-thread, since TS5 hasn't even been officially announced yet.

This. There is no Sims 5. There has been no official announcement regarding Sims 5. So it seems silly to have so many threads about it on the Sims 1-4 forum. Seems like the type of thing you might create a thread for on a site like ModtheSims, The Sims Resource, or Facebook.
    As it is, they should all get moved to off topic chat.

And on that note, people can post whatever they want in off topic. So if they really want to talk about it, I suppose it's less odd than me saying what my last meal was or what music I'm listening to. *shrug*
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    I really don't care about Sims 5.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    No
    They are not useful to me, so I never click on them. I probably won't read anything Sims 5 related until there is an official announcement, whenever that will be.

I'm not in any rush to have a new Sims game anyway, still happily playing Sims 4.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited June 2020
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    This. There is no Sims 5. There has been no official announcement regarding Sims 5. So it seems silly to have so many threads about it on the Sims 1-4 forum.

And on that note, people can post whatever they want in off topic.

Ya but off topic is filled to the brim with forum games. I often actively look for sims 5 topics and its annoying going through them all. Its not that insane to think they may release a fifth game since so far this has been a series not including countless expansions, dozens of spin off games, and console versions nearing 100 games!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    Not at all
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    No
    Pffft as if anyone knows exactly what’s going on with ts5.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't mind people talking about the Sims future be it the Sims 5 or a DLC pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    No
    They don't really push anything forward. It basically just devolves into, "The sims 4 is broken beyond all hope, forget finishing out its content run, let's start all over again from nothing and screw the people who paid for TS4, still play it, and are waiting on the packs that will make the game whole for them. They don't matter. The only thing that matters my thorough dissatisfaction with TS4's base game and core gameplay. I want TS5 right now because TS4 wasn't exactly what I wanted."

Personally, I just want TS4 to get its full complement of content before it ends. Is that so wrong? Ending TS4 before then would be the ultimate blow against the series' fans, and would erode any confidence players would have that, by the end of the game's lifespan, every kind of player will have enough material to properly support their gameplay style. That will drive people away in droves.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    The threads mainly don't help unless they're for suggestions for TS5.

But I just like talking about TS5 cuz I'm tired of TS4. :grimace:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    No
    I don't think it's useful because EA is still working on TS4, so TS5 would be a long while away and I don't believe suggestions posted over here would be taken into careful consideration anyway.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes
    Yes we need to keep the pressure going
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I love speculation threads, so they are useful to me. Sometimes they are informative, like when people share tweets about the longevity of TS4 or when they share EA job announcements. I enjoy hearing people's excitement or opinions about the possibility of TS5. What I don't like is when the threads devolve into endless complaints about TS4.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Yes, it helps to show what actual players and not people who just follow Maxis think about. That can give an average player an idea of what the forum community are concerned about or want or think they want. It's not Twitter or FB or the following crowd that are going to ooh and ah everyhing but a good mix of what actual players really think about all the games, what they hope and expect for the future and we do get tidbits of 'news' with jobs posted, and stores or sites having placeholders for Ts5 already and all sorts of confirmed but unconfirmed rumors.
    It gives us an idea of what Andrew Wilson thinks about The Sims and it's players and if he understands a simmer or if he thinks we are more like sports' gamers who like competiton games....it gives us an insight into what EA thinks (many articles posted often) about their company and the direction they want to go so we get an idea of what might happen with a new title in some cases. If we had known Frank G. never green lighted any project unless it was online then we might have known TS4 was originally going to be a multi player before the fact and maybe not even bothered to salvage it for them. People post a lot of interesting tidbits that can give all of us an idea of where they are going to go with this franchise, sometimes. And if the creative director or GM or whomever, and those chosen for those jobs have any idea about the roots of the franchise and why so many like it and why we want an offline pc game. We learn all sorts of stuff if we read past emotion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top