Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS5 threads useful ?

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other choice
    I don't care. If people want to talk about it, why not let them. It doesn't hurt anybody.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    They don't really push anything forward. It basically just devolves into, "The sims 4 is broken beyond all hope, forget finishing out its content run, let's start all over again from nothing and screw the people who paid for TS4, still play it, and are waiting on the packs that will make the game whole for them. They don't matter. The only thing that matters my thorough dissatisfaction with TS4's base game and core gameplay. I want TS5 right now because TS4 wasn't exactly what I wanted."

Personally, I just want TS4 to get its full complement of content before it ends. Is that so wrong? Ending TS4 before then would be the ultimate blow against the series' fans, and would erode any confidence players would have that, by the end of the game's lifespan, every kind of player will have enough material to properly support their gameplay style. That will drive people away in droves.

I've had similar sentiments.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Other choice
    Depends. Mine is! It says what's wrong with having a Sims 5 game!
    By which I mean, many Sims 5 threads are about unverified information.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes
    @SimsLovinLycan Sims 4 itself was already the ultimate blow to the series' fans. A lot old time simmers either left or stuck with the old games.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I just want them to know that an online, multiplayer game would be the end of the franchise.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    They don't really push anything forward. It basically just devolves into, "The sims 4 is broken beyond all hope, forget finishing out its content run, let's start all over again from nothing and screw the people who paid for TS4, still play it, and are waiting on the packs that will make the game whole for them. They don't matter. The only thing that matters my thorough dissatisfaction with TS4's base game and core gameplay. I want TS5 right now because TS4 wasn't exactly what I wanted."

Personally, I just want TS4 to get its full complement of content before it ends. Is that so wrong? Ending TS4 before then would be the ultimate blow against the series' fans, and would erode any confidence players would have that, by the end of the game's lifespan, every kind of player will have enough material to properly support their gameplay style. That will drive people away in droves.

We had 3 years of TS, 4 years of TS2, 4 years of TS3 and almost 6 years of TS4. If anything TS4 fans are given privileges.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I've had similar sentiments.

So have I. People think that The Sims 5 is going to save the franchise, and no, it probably won't. It'll be made by the same people, backed by the same corporate company that uses the game as a cash-grab, with people begging for University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, and Occults all over again. Let's at least let The Sims 4 improve a little more, because it is getting better. Just look at today's patch notes!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    I don't say these threads should not exist, everybody is free to talk.

But they would be better if they were not limited to an advertising campaign for clickbaits, supporting people and sites who take us for fools.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    No

We had 3 years of TS, 4 years of TS2, 4 years of TS3 and almost 6 years of TS4. If anything TS4 fans are given privileges.

You wanna know what all three of the previous entries had in common by the time they ended, though? They all had complete content runs. TS4's content is not yet complete. It's missing big chunks of additional features that the previous games had by the end of their runs. So, is it really fair to say, "Well, it's been six years, I don't care if it's not complete, I want my new shiny NOOOWWW!" when this game isn't even whole yet? And look how long TS4 players have had to wait for certain content, and how fragmented those releases have been. That's not privilege, that's torture.

For example, we got aliens in 2015, we had to wait two years before we finally got vampires, then two more years before we got merfolk and magic back, and people are still waiting on werewolves and fairies (not to mention an update to plantsims to make them proper occults again). So, you're telling me, that you don't care if all of those people still waiting for their favorite occults to return in an improved TS4 version can go to Hades in a handbasket for all you care, just so long as you get a new basegame (which will start off with no weather, no college, no pets, no occults, no bowling, no restaurants...just like always)? And what about the family players who are still waiting on more gameplay for lifestages other than YA and Adult? Bump them too, huh?

Some of us still want to see our favorite content return in TS4. We know it'll be ages and ages before we ever see the things that are still unreleased again if TS4 cuts off now and leaves those things undone before TS5 comes around. If TS4 ends without a full compliment of occults, for example, what's to push me to buy TS5 at all, if I now know that I can be left hanging for years on end waiting for my favorites to be released, only for my favorites to never get made and the game's run to end with even fewer occults than TS4 having been released? Graphics? An open world? More cooking animations? Babies I can drag around the house? I can live without that stuff. It's not the meat and potatoes of my gameplay. Heck, I played TS4 on low graphics settings on a freaking Toshiba Satellite laptop up until I upgraded to a Dell G7 so I could run my art and design software better. I care about the content that will allow me to play out the stories I like to tell...and most of that content is stuff that generally comes in packs. Packs with the content I enjoy the most generally come out a couple of years into a Sims game. If I know I can be sitting around waiting for years with TS5 and still not get the content I enjoy the most, what point is there for me to invest in the base game for that installment?

Starting from zero again for players whose playstyles rely heavily on content from packs is not a joyful prospect. Starting from zero when you know that the new game will not have weather, universities, or pets of any kind, or any occults except for maybe ghosts if you're lucky, or anything but the most rudimentary outline of family play, because those things are only added with packs which could take years to come out if they even come out at all is not a joyful prospect. What's privilege is that the "TS5 NOOOWWW!" crowd have been whining for it since TS4 launched back in 2014 and still think that, even though this game's content run hasn't been completed, it should all come to a halt so their dream sims game can be made immediately.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Yes

You wanna know what all three of the previous entries had in common by the time they ended, though? They all had complete content runs. TS4's content is not yet complete. It's missing big chunks of additional features that the previous games had by the end of their runs. So, is it really fair to say, "Well, it's been six years, I don't care if it's not complete, I want my new shiny NOOOWWW!" when this game isn't even whole yet? And look how long TS4 players have had to wait for certain content, and how fragmented those releases have been. That's not privilege, that's torture.

For example, we got aliens in 2015, we had to wait two years before we finally got vampires, then two more years before we got merfolk and magic back, and people are still waiting on werewolves and fairies (not to mention an update to plantsims to make them proper occults again). So, you're telling me, that you don't care if all of those people still waiting for their favorite occults to return in an improved TS4 version can go to Hades in a handbasket for all you care, just so long as you get a new basegame (which will start off with no weather, no college, no pets, no occults, no bowling, no restaurants...just like always)? And what about the family players who are still waiting on more gameplay for lifestages other than YA and Adult? Bump them too, huh?

Some of us still want to see our favorite content return in TS4. We know it'll be ages and ages before we ever see the things that are still unreleased again if TS4 cuts off now and leaves those things undone before TS5 comes around. If TS4 ends without a full compliment of occults, for example, what's to push me to buy TS5 at all, if I now know that I can be left hanging for years on end waiting for my favorites to be released, only for my favorites to never get made and the game's run to end with even fewer occults than TS4 having been released? Graphics? An open world? More cooking animations? Babies I can drag around the house? I can live without that stuff. It's not the meat and potatoes of my gameplay. Heck, I played TS4 on low graphics settings on a freaking Toshiba Satellite laptop up until I upgraded to a Dell G7 so I could run my art and design software better. I care about the content that will allow me to play out the stories I like to tell...and most of that content is stuff that generally comes in packs. Packs with the content I enjoy the most generally come out a couple of years into a Sims game. If I know I can be sitting around waiting for years with TS5 and still not get the content I enjoy the most, what point is there for me to invest in the base game for that installment?

Starting from zero again for players whose playstyles rely heavily on content from packs is not a joyful prospect. Starting from zero when you know that the new game will not have weather, universities, or pets of any kind, or any occults except for maybe ghosts if you're lucky, or anything but the most rudimentary outline of family play, because those things are only added with packs which could take years to come out if they even come out at all is not a joyful prospect. What's privilege is that the "TS5 NOOOWWW!" crowd have been whining for it since TS4 launched back in 2014 and still think that, even though this game's content run hasn't been completed, it should all come to a halt so their dream sims game can be made immediately.
    You say TS4 is torture but you want more of this? Make it make sense. Sorry to break it to you but this game will never be complete. We’ve waited six years for firefighters, do you want six more years of waiting for the burglar? It‘s time to move on. We can‘t be asking for stuff that was in the base game in previous iterations in plum 2032.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes

So pretty much at the rate content is coming out your saying Sims 4 needs another 20 or so years to get what the others game got in 4. Sign me up for more of that torture you're asking for
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @SimsLovinLycan @dearie_blossom @ChadSims2

The Sims is a matter of patience. 20 years that we're waiting for a full game.
    Everybody wants something but not the same thing.

Since 2006 I was waiting for a game like The Sims 4. Now it's your turn to wait for TS5.

Please respect the choice of each other, don't force us !
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    @SimsLovinLycan 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    No
    You say TS4 is torture but you want more of this? Make it make sense. Sorry to break it to you but this game will never be complete. We’ve waited six years for firefighters, do you want six more years of waiting for the burglar? It‘s time to move on. We can‘t be asking for stuff that was in the base game in previous iterations in plum 2032.

And we shouldn't be begging to get another back to bare bones base game when the current one has been running for 6 years and still isn't complete...and you know it's going to be bare bones AND will probably take twice as long as TS4 go get even half if its content, if the way things have gone with TS4 is any indication. At least after 6 years of TS4, I can actually see them having burglars in the game before 2021 if they really push it, and that the more staple slice of life themes are out, the higher the chances are that more occults will be released. TS5? Yeah, they start it in 2021 like so many "TS5 Now!" folks want, it'll still be going in 2045 because they decided this time around that each season will be its own pack and they'll be released 4 years apart, you'll still be waiting for dogs 7 years after the release of cats, and the only occults they'll have in all that time are ghosts that just sit on your couch and watch T.V. every third Friday at midnight.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So pretty much at the rate content is coming out your saying Sims 4 needs another 20 or so years to get what the others game got in 4. Sign me up for more of that torture you're asking for

Yeah, no. more like another 2 years. And what makes you think TS5 will be any faster with the releases? EA is going to stretch out the release schedule for TS5 even worse than they've done for TS4, with even more fragmented pack releases and being even slower to release staple DLC features. So, yeah, I'd rather wait 2 more years on TS4 giving me the content I've been waiting on since launch than have the clock reset and have to wait 10 more years with TS5. You might be more willing to start from zero if you mainly play realistic stories with singles or families, but if you're mainly an occult player, the prospect of starting from zero, especially after how TS4 has handled occult releases, is not something to look forward to.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    No
    I think they should all be merged into one mega-thread, since TS5 hasn't even been officially announced yet.

Tis exactly.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I think they should all be merged into one mega-thread, since TS5 hasn't even been officially announced yet.

Tis exactly.

Why should any speculation thread in a speculation forum section bother anyone? I think people don't want to see the threads because they fear it's all true and TS4 does have to end at some point in time. Let me put it this way, I waited since 2009 for a game I would like as much as TS2, so yeah, I want to talk about TS5 whether it lives up to those desires or not. I haven't just been waiting since 2014 but since 2008 the day the last pack of TS2 was sold (M&G). The game may not have been announced but when do you expect people to get their ideas across to devs who are now working on the AAA game (no matter what they call it)? After they decide on art style, engine, interactions, Sims' personalities, and already made the animations and Sims and UI and CAS and gameplay? Lol How about before they even hire a 3D modeler. And before they decide to add any graphic/artstyle/performance decissions. And or before they decide to make it multiplayer. That's why people talk about a new game, before anyone decides how to bake it.

It's my personal opinion right or wrong, many don't want a new game or to even read about one, because they like belonging to a group...in this case TS4's group of cool kids. They are big fish in small pond but when a new game comes along we all become small fish in a big pond. If they love a game so much there is nothing stopping them from continuing to play it, even if they have no one left to talk about it. The joy is in the game, not the community. It's why so many who don't have a lot of people left to talk about TS2 are still playing it after sixteen years, they don't care if no one else doesn't want anything for it, and or talk about it...it's the game that keeps them playing. If TS4 players think TS4 is all that, then no new game is going to persuade them to join a new cool kid group and play a new game. Or if it's not really the game but a sense of 'belonging' then yeah, those type have to move on to a new game. But a game should stand on it's on merits. And if TS4 is still not finished after six years and fifty or so packs, then it's never going to feel complete. How much money does it take? How many packs? How many years? It's time for a new enigne and a new game, instead of just dragging this out until the game is so full of bugs (and just look at each new EP some main features don't even work on day of release) it is nothing but a grudge fest then time to move on and hope a new engine and new ideas and technology produce actual fun.

Things I know to be broken that are part of main features of the packs. GTW, Get Famous, Some of the stay at home jobs like Freelancing, C&D, Discover Uni, SV, etc. Anyone can go look and see the complaints, no amount of money is going to get those fixed nor change a Sim's personality for the better. If they were going to improve on the Sim they would have done it year one. ETA: And just read half a dozen bug threads or poorly designed features not working in the brand new EL EP...time to start a new engine and game if that's the way it's going to continue with TS4.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Tis exactly.

Why should any speculation thread in a speculation forum section bother anyone?

It's not a problem until 1 person start 20 threads. It doesn't bother me when it's 20 persons who start 1 thread.

• Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    The sims 4 will eventually end at some point, no one is denying that. I also cannot fathom the desire for another bare bones lackluster release of the Sims, like have we not all seen the current trend in AAA gaming (games as a service, drip releasing, macrotransactions, subscription fees, etc)? And you all really sincerely believe that the Sims 5 is going to make the traumatic memories of the Sims 4 go away, while bringing in fresh content/gameplay: (open world, occult, seasons, pets, apartments, cars, real babies, toddlers, etc) at launch? I don't think any of us Sims 4 holdouts are the one's who are afraid, likewise I think the people who are clamoring so desperately for a Sims 5 release are the ones so scarred by the Sims 4, that they're willing to believe that the Sims 5 will be a masterpiece (It won't, at least not at launch) and will somehow be the next big thing. Which really hurts my head to think about "here let me throw $50-75 (depending on where in the world you live) for a once again stripped-down, bare bones Sims base game." Need I also remind that the Sims 4 didn't even have ghosts or pools or toddlers at launch (but we'll go ahead and ignore that because it is not convenient for this new "Sims 5 is going to fix everything and be the best thing ever" narrative). Ultimately hoping for an immediate release of the Sims 5 isn't going to do any good, because Maxis has already stated several more years of support for the Sims 4 with more content, and it takes at least 5-6 years to release a fully fleshed out game.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Tis exactly.

Why should any speculation thread in a speculation forum section bother anyone? I think people don't want to see the threads because they fear it's all true and TS4 does have to end at some point in time.

This is quite a reach. I agree with pretty much everything SimsLovinLycan has said, and I will add that multiple TS5 threads popping up in the Speculation forum almost always. Amount to. Being the same. Discussion. At this point it really just feels like spam, speculation is fine and all but the topics are almost always homogeneous. "Do you want the Sims 5?": Yes eventually. "Where's The Sims 5!?!!1": Because that was what was on Maxis' road map/agenda, and because it's totally feasible to expect a fully fleshed out sequel released in the time frame of a pack.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No
    I just hope that if Sims 5 comes out it gets its' own separate forum for only those that have purchased it. We would have less aggro on here if they had done the same for Sims 4.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020

Tis exactly.

Why should any speculation thread in a speculation forum section bother anyone?

It's not a problem until 1 person start 20 threads. It doesn't bother me when it's 20 persons who start 1 thread.

I feel that way with most threads, even the Sims 4 ones especially when a new pack comes out it is like 50 threads saying the same exact thing. Then there is the marketing that has the same positive spin videos that all say the same thing with the Sims 4. LGR ones are like one of the few videos that are actually different. I am just tired of the same 1K+ threads saying how much Simmers all hate each other. Bad enough watching hate crimes on the news.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    No
    It’s always the same talk, the same discussion, the same people repeating the same things... Understandably, as there is no news about TS5 or anything like TS5 yet. But why can’t that be just one thread?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    The sims 4 will eventually end at some point, no one is denying that. I also cannot fathom the desire for another bare bones lackluster release of the Sims, like have we not all seen the current trend in AAA gaming (games as a service, drip releasing, macrotransactions, subscription fees, etc)? And you all really sincerely believe that the Sims 5 is going to make the traumatic memories of the Sims 4 go away, while bringing in fresh content/gameplay: (open world, occult, seasons, pets, apartments, cars, real babies, toddlers, etc) at launch? I don't think any of us Sims 4 holdouts are the one's who are afraid, likewise I think the people who are clamoring so desperately for a Sims 5 release are the ones so scarred by the Sims 4, that they're willing to believe that the Sims 5 will be a masterpiece (It won't, at least not at launch) and will somehow be the next big thing. Which really hurts my head to think about "here let me throw $50-75 (depending on where in the world you live) for a once again stripped-down, bare bones Sims base game." Need I also remind that the Sims 4 didn't even have ghosts or pools or toddlers at launch (but we'll go ahead and ignore that because it is not convenient for this new "Sims 5 is going to fix everything and be the best thing ever" narrative). Ultimately hoping for an immediate release of the Sims 5 isn't going to do any good, because Maxis has already stated several more years of support for the Sims 4 with more content, and it takes at least 5-6 years to release a fully fleshed out game.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Tis exactly.

Why should any speculation thread in a speculation forum section bother anyone? I think people don't want to see the threads because they fear it's all true and TS4 does have to end at some point in time.

This is quite a reach. I agree with pretty much everything SimsLovinLycan has said, and I will add that multiple TS5 threads popping up in the Speculation forum almost always. Amount to. Being the same. Discussion. At this point it really just feels like spam, speculation is fine and all but the topics are almost always homogeneous. "Do you want the Sims 5?": Yes eventually. "Where's The Sims 5!?!!1": Because that was what was on Maxis' road map/agenda, and because it's totally feasible to expect a fully fleshed out sequel released in the time frame of a pack.

I feel like the threads that are speculation about next month's patch is spam but hey I don't go around wanting them removed since it's a new month each month. lol Your sequeal is six years old. At what point should people start making threads about TS5? After it's release. Do you know why TS4 was almost a multiplayer game..and why it is so limited? Because they didn't read nor listen to their core base. Why should a poll about what do you want in the TS5 be combined with a poll of do you want TS5? Or why should news about jobs posted (and they have been posting jobs about TS5 for almost 2 1/2 years now) be combined with threads talking about loosely confirmed rumors? It's not the same dicussions and in my opinion they shouldn't be combined. How can speculation be spam? that seems to be an oxymoron. ETA: Because look at this thread it's a poll asking if thread are helpful, but it's about the TS5 then say threads about TS5 should be combined and spam? lol I can't even.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    At what point should people start making threads about TS5? After it's release.

First thread about The Sims 5... 2013, The Sims 4 wasn't released yet. It has already been 7 years that people are talking about it.
    I agree the usual 5 years are done, it's the right moment to speculate about the release date. It's also normal to submit ideas and expectations.

There is nothing wrong to talk about it.

Sadly many threads give less visibility to the interesting rumors and ideas. It's the same problem with TS4 topics.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    At what point should people start making threads about TS5? After it's release.

First thread about The Sims 5... 2013, The Sims 4 wasn't released yet. It has already been 7 years that people are talking about it.
    I agree the usual 5 years are done, it's the right moment to speculate about the release date. It's also normal to submit ideas and expectations.

There is nothing wrong to talk about it.

Sadly many threads give less visibility to the interesting rumors and ideas.

Agree, but even when we see some actual tidbits like placeholders and or news from magazines about PS5 games many dispute the truth of those and decide it's all hogwash. I like to see those. I'm just not sure why so many want to debunk any rummor or proof.. Like when they have listed the careers offered on GlassDoor and other sites for Maxis new AAA game, so many dismiss that as it's not happening it will be ten years from now, lol. No it won't. It will be over as soon as EA and Maxis say it's over. Nothing will make TS4 continue other than missing a TS5 deadline. (But maybe the new AAA game isn't going to be called TS5).

While I'm on the subject of rummors, here is one, Alex was a guy who worked at Emeryville. He had been with Will Wright on SC since day one. When Emeryville closed SC, and the studio shut down, he moved on to start his own mobile company. Can he be the same Alex working on Paralives? lol Probably not, but still a fun thing to speculate about. And that Alex who worked from the start on SC, also worked on TS4 worlds and fact they had to ask for his help something about engine and worlds for TS4 before he left...so is it the same person? Love speculation. :D And is Paralives actually an EA game.. speculation is fun. lol
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @Cinebar

Why to debunk any rumors ? Because of the reaction

- Fake news = Disappointment and frustration
    - True info = Exciting and impatience

Imagine somebody tell you won $1 MM and a week later you discover it was a lie.
    Same thing if very bad news were fake.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top