Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are TS5 threads useful ?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    @Cinebar

Why to debunk ? Because of the reaction

- Fake news = Disappointment and frustration
    - True info = Exciting and impatience

Imagine somebody tell you won $1 MM and a week later you discover it was a lie.
    Same thing if very bad news were fake.

Maybe a magazine article would be fake, but job offers aren't. So many want to dispute they have even begun production of a new AAA game but the started it almost two years ago. It's not like they just started offering those positions last month. So many want to say it will be five or six years. You can almost bet if you know where to look it has been in development or production or at least ideas and other stuff for a few years now. Games for mobile don't take years and years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    I also don't see what's the problem with these threads, we are allowed to speak about it, just like everything else...
    Like...from the sound of things, people are getting triggered because there is TS5 threads...LOL just don't come into them that simple.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    No
    Just one thing, the category is The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor

Maybe The Sims franchise Speculation and Rumor could be created for the topics about the future games and spin-offs.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    Just one thing, the category is The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor

Maybe The Sims franchise Speculation and Rumor could be created for the topics about the future games and spin-offs.

Yeah.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I feel like the threads that are speculation about next month's patch is spam but hey I don't go around wanting them removed since it's a new month each month. lol Your sequeal is six years old. At what point should people start making threads about TS5? After it's release. Do you know why TS4 was almost a multiplayer game..and why it is so limited? Because they didn't read nor listen to their core base. Why should a poll about what do you want in the TS5 be combined with a poll of do you want TS5? Or why should news about jobs posted (and they have been posting jobs about TS5 for almost 2 1/2 years now) be combined with threads talking about loosely confirmed rumors? It's not the same dicussions and in my opinion they shouldn't be combined. How can speculation be spam? that seems to be an oxymoron. ETA: Because look at this thread it's a poll asking if thread are helpful, but it's about the TS5 then say threads about TS5 should be combined and spam? lol I can't even.

And this is exactly why I don't understand how people are so eager for another barren base game (that will undoubtedly be slow drip-fed content over the course of half a decade, at exorbitant prices - basically TS4 all over again) LOL. I also wasn't campaigning to have TS5 threads REMOVED, simply merged at least until an official tease or announcement is released...but why don't we just skip that, the Sims 5 is passé let's speculate instead about the Sims 6 ooh ooh or how about the Sims 7, I've heard that vampire occults and cars will be in base game and it will fix all of our the Sims woes and will be better than the Sims 2!!1!

Yea and in my humble opinion when there are different variations of the same "WHERE IS THE SIMS 5!!1!" threads cropping up, that offers very little in perspective, revelation or insight it begins to FEEL like spam (at least for me).

I also never said or insinuated that speculation isn't fun (hey you stop having fun!1!!), but with the sims franchise it's like aside from the period setting and story, what is there to speculate about? There will eventually be toddlers, cars, occults, seasons (even if just rain and snow), pets (even if just cats & dogs), laundry, apartments, etc. It's not like the Elder Scrolls franchise where the next installment could take place literally anywhere in Tamriel. I want to be clear, I have NOTHING against TS5 rumors or speculation, I just don't find them particularly useful (and that is the question being asked here) because all of the above reasons.

No one is campaigning for a ban on TS5 topics or discussion, a question was asked and all of us who answered "no", responded as such. I think some of the hysteric responses towards negative Sims 5 sentiment are what really sounds triggering to me, but you know the old saying...
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No but I like to talk about The Sims 5
    The reason I don't think it's useful at least not any more useful than any of the other Sims threadz here it's because they can just take any good ideas for many threads they want and use them it doesn't necessarily have to say five for it to be okay for them to use it for Sims 5 but it's okay to talk about but now I don't think they're truly useful at least not any more useful than the Sims 4 and Sims 3 threads that are already here which I'm sure people to get some good ideas from. But in the context of is it useful because it's called Sims 5 or is it useful because it must be called Sims 5 for the things to be implemented no not at all
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Cinebar

Why to debunk any rumors ? Because of the reaction

LOL tell that to SimVIP who constantly make click bait articles about fake news and attacking all the CMs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    @Cinebar

Why to debunk any rumors ? Because of the reaction

95% of all 'facts' ever put up on the internet on any subject are not facts. So, maybe learn not to click on click bait. :D Oh, and what I just said is a fact. lol

ETA: But if this is the TS4 speculation forum then maybe TS5 threads move over to off topic? But why have they left them?...because it is being built, we know that much.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I feel like the threads that are speculation about next month's patch is spam but hey I don't go around wanting them removed since it's a new month each month. lol Your sequeal is six years old. At what point should people start making threads about TS5? After it's release. Do you know why TS4 was almost a multiplayer game..and why it is so limited? Because they didn't read nor listen to their core base. Why should a poll about what do you want in the TS5 be combined with a poll of do you want TS5? Or why should news about jobs posted (and they have been posting jobs about TS5 for almost 2 1/2 years now) be combined with threads talking about loosely confirmed rumors? It's not the same dicussions and in my opinion they shouldn't be combined. How can speculation be spam? that seems to be an oxymoron. ETA: Because look at this thread it's a poll asking if thread are helpful, but it's about the TS5 then say threads about TS5 should be combined and spam? lol I can't even.

And this is exactly why I don't understand how people are so eager for another barren base game (that will undoubtedly be slow drip-fed content over the course of half a decade, at exorbitant prices - basically TS4 all over again) LOL. I also wasn't campaigning to have TS5 threads REMOVED, simply merged at least until an official tease or announcement is released...but why don't we just skip that, the Sims 5 is passé let's speculate instead about the Sims 6 ooh ooh or how about the Sims 7, I've heard that vampire occults and cars will be in base game and it will fix all of our the Sims woes and will be better than the Sims 2!!1!

Yea and in my humble opinion when there are different variations of the same "WHERE IS THE SIMS 5!!1!" threads cropping up, that offers very little in perspective, revelation or insight it begins to FEEL like spam (at least for me).

I also never said or insinuated that speculation isn't fun (hey you stop having fun!1!!), but with the sims franchise it's like aside from the period setting and story, what is there to speculate about? There will eventually be toddlers, cars, occults, seasons (even if just rain and snow), pets (even if just cats & dogs), laundry, apartments, etc. It's not like the Elder Scrolls franchise where the next installment could take place literally anywhere in Tamriel. I want to be clear, I have NOTHING against TS5 rumors or speculation, I just don't find them particularly useful (and that is the question being asked here) because all of the above reasons.

No one is campaigning for a ban on TS5 topics or discussion, a question was asked and all of us who answered "no", responded as such. I think some of the hysteric responses towards negative Sims 5 sentiment are what really sounds triggering to me, but you know the old saying...

I think they are as helpful as speculating abut the next unannounced GP...we know it will come, so why speculate? I guess we just can't help it.
    TS5 threads were removed a few years ago, and for the past year they have remained, it's clear it's being built to most of us. Why come into speculation if speculation threads feel like spam. I rarely go into general dicussion about TS4 since I no longer buy any content for it. But I do read about new packs and look at and speculate about any new content whether I want to see what it's (pack) about or wish it was about. I think people who feel TS4 has run it's course and used to switching to new games about every four or five years are ready to let it go. They will be the ones who will buy TS5 along with some new players who never bought a Sim game. That can't be a bad thing for the company to have those eager to see a new game here and waiting. I don't know I might like it better than all of them....but I sort of doubt it by TS4's history. And just remember all those who were dissing on TS3 in TS3 forums were always dreaming and speculating about TS4...so many threads on TS3 site long before it was ever announced it got it's own section to discuss a game we knew hardly anything about. lol
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    ETA: But if this is the TS4 speculation forum then maybe TS5 threads move over to off topic? But why have they left them?...because it is being built, we know that much.

SimGuruDrake team moved them. After she left they stopped.
  • Options
    LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    Other choice
    This is a forum so I would say all post are useful to someone. Personally I could care less about TS5 but there are people who always want to be provided with something new, novel.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    I don’t care about Sims 5. I don’t have the faith others have in it. The whole online rumors just makes me not want it even more.

I just don’t think it will be any better than sims4. I truly believe the cross platform and online aspect will limit the game. It is already being proven in Sims 4. Ever since they went to cross platform worlds got smaller and houses got emptier. More fluff and less options. Look at del sol valley..look at island living with no swimming underwater. Anyway I hope I am proven wrong but I doubt it.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes
    I'm pretty happy with the current game(although the Eco Lifestyle bugs are certainly frustrating), but I see no reason not to discuss the eventual next installment. One day, whether 2021 or 2030 a Sims 5 will arrive.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yes
    They’re fun! Easy to avoid if you’re not into speculation.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing what you might want in the game, but to say that Sims 5 is confirmed is a bit disingenuous. We know it's likely to come, but there has been no official confirmation from EA.
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing what you might want in the game, but to say that Sims 5 is confirmed is a bit disingenuous. We know it's likely to come, but there has been no official confirmation from EA.
    That isn't true. It has been confirmed by the CEO of EA while talking during an earnings call for their shareholders. So not like it isn't coming directly from the source because it is.
    https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

As far as speculation on the release date, well I can say the same for any Sims 4 DLC too with speculation threads trying to predict anything Sims future related. People get bored especially with more time on their hands if they are at home 24/7, so they tend to talk about the Sims whether it is the Sims 1, the Sims 2, the Sims 3, the Sims 4, the Sims 5, or any of the side or mobile games.

"Typically, what The Sims has done is really focus on fulfilling the motivations of inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement, and not necessarily focus as much on social interaction and competition."

"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition – like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."

I don't personally think it is wise to go the online focus route because even before the protests, the xenophobia within the Sims community was very strong and I got gaslighted for calling a few people out on it. It was over suggesting things like makeup and clothing choices too and fellow women were opposed to that while also saying that women were only servants to men. I guess shows how diverse the Sims community is and how they don't play nice together.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    here another proof that sims5 is coming Sims 5
    With Sims 4 launched again in 2014, you’ll anticipate a sequel to be on the best way, however once more, anticipate the following Sims title to be showcased in 12 months’ time.

the sims 5 ea play
    It is predicted to reach in early 2021, so possibly we could get a distant tease at EA Play this 12 months.

READ MORE: Everything we all know in regards to the Sims 5 at EA Play
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Other choice
    I personally don't mind them...until they turn into yet another trash talk TS4 thread.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited June 2020
    No
    Scobre wrote: »
    That isn't true. It has been confirmed by the CEO of EA while talking during an earnings call for their shareholders. So not like it isn't coming directly from the source because it is.
    https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

The article you linked to doesn't confirm anything. It was vague statements about what Sims was, is, and how they are thinking about Sims future within our gaming environment. The only kind of answer he can give to questions currently, because there is nothing tangible to comment on yet.

The title of the article is a misnomer. The article even opens with "Electronic Arts (EA) has not formally confirmed its plans for the next entry in the franchise" and ends with "Going by Wilson’s wording, The Sims 5 is still in the conceptual, pre-production phase."

This article is speculation and extrapolation on the part of the author.
    I'm not knocking speculation, and the fun people get from that. Just saying there is no confirmation of anything.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    @lisamwitt @Scobre

Andrew Wilson said something strange in May.
    You'll continue to see us launch games on a multiyear basis. Things like Battlefield or some of our titles out of Dragon Age would
    be a good example of that. You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.

The Sims have a 6-year time horizon instead of a multiyear basis.
    I don't know how to understand this statement, maybe TS4 has been extended by 5 or 6 years. If not, we should know it soon.

• Options
    @lisamwitt @Scobre

Andrew Wilson said something strange in May.
    You'll continue to see us launch games on a multiyear basis. Things like Battlefield or some of our titles out of Dragon Age would
    be a good example of that. You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.

The Sims have a 6-year time horizon instead of a multiyear basis.
    I don't know how to understand this statement, maybe TS4 has been extended by 5 or 6 years. If not, we should know it soon.
    Maybe we will see in time how things pan out for the Sims. I just take EA sourced info over any fan site article that often written without fact checking.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No
    In term of votes, TS5 threads are not popular and this category is TS4 Speculation & Rumor but some people want to talk about it.

It would be nice to keep on talking about it in The Sims Franchise Discussion, isn't it a good compromise ?

Both, respecting the choice to keep TS4 categories for TS4 and respecting the choice to talk about TS5 without being in the Off-topic ?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top