Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE'S THE SIMS 5????

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Sorry, guys, but we might celebrate the 10th year of sims 4's lifespan before ts5 gets an announcement.

No need to apologize as that won't happen. TS5 will come sooner than anyone thinks.

• Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Sorry, guys, but we might celebrate the 10th year of sims 4's lifespan before ts5 gets an announcement.

No need to apologize as that won't happen. TS5 will come sooner than anyone thinks.

I’ve seen people saying “TS5 is coming soon!!!” for at least three years, if not more.

The fun part is, the longer it lasts, eventually someone will be right. But that doesn’t mean they had any more special insight.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I’ve seen people saying “TS5 is coming soon!!!” for at least three years, if not more.

The fun part is, the longer it lasts, eventually someone will be right. But that doesn’t mean they had any more special insight.

LOL, Yeah one of these days someone will indeed be right!

I didn't really start obsessing over TS5 until this year. And, I don't even care if it does take another year to year and half, if we'd just get an announcement that it's coming.

But, since they won't even announce upcoming game packs until right before it's release, that's not gonna happen either. I have started going back to TS2 and TS3 lately just for some "new" entertainment.

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

I don't think the game engine is able to last THAT long,and I don't think EA/Maxis wants to risk losing lots of money on a game that is getting laggier and buggier as time goes on. I think EA will end Sims 4 sometime next year and move on to Sims 5.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I don't think the game engine is able to last THAT long,and I don't think EA/Maxis wants to risk losing lots of money on a game that is getting laggier and buggier as time goes on. I think EA will end Sims 4 sometime next year and move on to Sims 5.

If they are smart they will.....this game can't last for so many more years.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The Simsgurus keep saying many years from now.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

The people who are working on it think other wise so it is likely true since they have more insight than us. They said it is gonna last many more years so it could be 3 or even 4 more years. We cannot know for sure. I wasnt trying to taunt anyone with my previous post so i hope no one took it that way, i am just saying it could happen so keep that in mind even if you are eager for ts5 to come out soon.
  • Options

The people who are working on it think other wise so it is likely true since they have more insight than us. They said it is gonna last many more years so it could be 3 or even 4 more years. We cannot know for sure. I wasnt trying to taunt anyone with my previous post so i hope no one took it that way, i am just saying it could happen so keep that in mind even if you are eager for ts5 to come out soon.

EA in the past would say a game is still being worked only to have it closed in a much shorter time. So I don't believe that everytime they say it.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2020
    BioWare already teased Dragon Age 4 in 2019 but the game will be released in several years.

Each studio has their own way to announce the current project. Maxis prefer to announce it when the release date is planned the next year.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Maybe they'll go straight to TS6. I am currently having fun with TS4 and have played it a lot more in the past year. To me at least, TS5 does't necessarily mean a better game that I will enjoy playing, they have proved it twice before that they can improve but also devolve a game, and for that reason I am not looking forward to TS5 at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    Oooppssss....I erased it all. I put it in the wrong thread :D

I blame it on my husband, he is driving me crazy :D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

lol, it's like the old song by The Rolling Stones, tiiiiiiime is on my side, yes it is, yes it is...~~~ ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Don't you guys and girls know? TS4 will never end and is stuck to us like super glue :#:s:D
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    never say never you never know the sims5 might come out and you will never know https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/1911/gamescom-2020-online-opening-night-livestream-dates-schedule-games-publishers-and-everything-we-know so as a player i will be keeping watch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The simsgurus have been saying all along that it will be a few more years before they are finished with Sims 4. So, that will probably be around 2023 or 2024.
    For players that are anxious for the next Sims version game my suggestion would be to get Paralives when it comes out or be patient & wait until 2025 for an extremely basic new Sims game version with no pets, no University, no City, no Island, no basement, no toddlers, no swimming, no bikes, no boats, no open worlds, no holidays, no season, no ladders, no cool stair tools, no Witches/Wizards, no Vampires, no Aliens,
    no Mermaids, no Ghosts & no playable themes.
    BORING!

@SERVERFRA You think it would be boring but getting a better base game could get you all invested again. If the game is made right then it will be better than The Sims 4 with all EPs. We need a better base. The Sims 4 is based on a terrible engine and no matter how many packs you have the game is doomed no matter what.
    Getting a new core game would mean more fun for everyone and hopefully more features than The Sims 4 base game. Nobody was complaining when The Sims 3 released. Eventhough it didn't have any of the things you listed when it came out.

That's what simmers thought about Sims4. Why would some simmers want to buy Sims5 when Sims4 isn't fleshed out. Bad precedent for future games. No need to flesh out 5 go to 6 to 7 ECT.

Sims5 will eventually be in some/one of the major console game(s), because it has a place saved for it, but that could be years from now. I just want to concentrate on Sims3 and rounding out Sims4 more. If it's closed and like 4, I will wait till it's basically free like Sims4 is now.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    You can have Sims 5, I'll take Paralives thank you very much.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    You can have Sims 5, I'll take Paralives thank you very much.

Both-1451920152.gif

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2020
    If Andrew Wilson decide to extend The Sims 4 by 6 years again, The Sims 5 could be released in 2030.

Paradox Tectonic and Paralives should release a game in 2025 or later,
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    If Andrew Wilson decide to extend The Sims 4 by 6 years again, The Sims 5 could be released in 2030.

Paradox Tectonic and Paralives should release a game in 2025 or later,

please don't talk like that ;-;
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    LOL I highly doubt it will be 10 more years for TS5 to come out. People would have moved on to other games by then. I think you just like to get rile people up.
  • Options
    lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    It seems to me the initial idea of TS4 was something similar to what the Sims Mobile/Freeplay is nowadays but they had less complaints with the mobile games than with TS4 and are updating the app games more often and with more interesting things rhan TS4 so, my speculation is, that they are mainly trying to make simpler games (mobile apps are simpler than videogames) to drive their fans into an online mobile version of sims and if that is TS5, I don’t think I want it.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I was going to bet that tomorrow they announce Sims 5, at gamescom...

but then i realized the last GP we had was Realm of Magic and they always give GP's the red carpet treatment , with special announcements and such and treat EP's as nothing special (which is odd) no special event announcement for Eco Lifestyle and that was an EP...same thing for Discover University, no red carpet treatment.

So i guess tomorrow really will just be a GP. And im about 90% sure its sci-fi based. I wish Sims 5 could be announced.

I mean, based off of the content we got with other sims titles.....what more does the sims 4 have left to add?
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I was going to bet that tomorrow they announce Sims 5, at gamescom...

but then i realized the last GP we had was Realm of Magic and they always give GP's the red carpet treatment?

I know but we have never had such a big hype train for a GP before I am shour they will release the GP tomorrow it the at the end of the announcement they could drop in a mention of TS5 possibly a promo video.