Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE'S THE SIMS 5????

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    If Andrew Wilson decide to extend The Sims 4 by 6 years again, The Sims 5 could be released in 2030.

Paradox Tectonic and Paralives should release a game in 2025 or later,

We need to be realistic about this. How many people will of abandoned Sims 4 by 6 more years? How playable will Sims 4 even be in 6 years? How much money and fans would EA/Maxis lose by keeping a laggy,glitchy,buggy,weak game engine going for 6 more years? How much money and time will EA/Maxis be willing to spend trying to fix bugs and glitches that keep piling on with every new pack/game patch?

If Sims 4 cannot even handle full basketball teams and struggles to even run one little Evergreen Harbor,lot,how can it las for 6 more years? Sooner or later,the Sims 4 game engine will break,and EA/Maxis will be unable to fix it.

I know some of you REALLY love Sims 4, but sooner or later,people need to move on to newer things. We can't stay stuck in Sims 4 forever and ever.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    If Andrew Wilson decide to extend The Sims 4 by 6 years again, The Sims 5 could be released in 2030.

We need to be realistic about this. How many people will of abandoned Sims 4 by 6 more years? How playable will Sims 4 even be in 6 years? How much money and fans would EA/Maxis lose by keeping a laggy,glitchy,buggy,weak game engine going for 6 more years? How much money and time will EA/Maxis be willing to spend trying to fix bugs and glitches that keep piling on with every new pack/game patch?

If Sims 4 cannot even handle full basketball teams and struggles to even run one little Evergreen Harbor,lot,how can it las for 6 more years? Sooner or later,the Sims 4 game engine will break,and EA/Maxis will be unable to fix it.

I know some of you REALLY love Sims 4, but sooner or later,people need to move on to newer things. We can't stay stuck in Sims 4 forever and ever.

THIS...100%
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    On Will Wright's desktop.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    How much do you want to bet that Sims 5 is on the Frostbite engine? If the future game list from PS5 is to be believed (and I believe Sony), Sims 5 is coming, and sooner than a lot of us may think. But if it's on Frostbite, it won't be modable. But if it's on line, it wouldn't be modable anyway.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    How much do you want to bet that Sims 5 is on the Frostbite engine? If the future game list from PS5 is to be believed (and I believe Sony), Sims 5 is coming, and sooner than a lot of us may think. But if it's on Frostbite, it won't be modable. But if it's on line, it wouldn't be modable anyway.

You may very well be correct in this assumption. And if it's NOT modifiable, EA will have just shot themselves because it's the modding community that does their best to "fix" EA/Maxis's errors.

I also believe that TS5 is coming sooner than later.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm wondering what SimGuruGrant is doing now he's gone quiet on all his media and announced that he was. Other Gurus just don't bother.
    Very interesting it was, following him around on Twitter for years....
    Duke, Houts, and Romeo are still around but went quiet months before this pack came out, Houts said he was working on it.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm wondering what SimGuruGrant is doing now he's gone quiet on all his media and announced that he was. Other Gurus just don't bother.
    Duke, Houts, and Romeo are still around but went quiet months before this pack came out, Houts said he was working on it.

I think I read in another post that he is doing admin, "behind the scenes" stuff and not working on any games.

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I think I read in another post that he is doing admin, "behind the scenes" stuff and not working on any games.

Personally, I think he was just sick of TS4 and would rather do mundane office stuff than deal with it anymore. I can't blame him.

• Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member

sooner or later,people need to move on to newer things. We can't stay stuck in Sims 4 forever and ever.

Try telling that to EA and certain quarters of this community a lot of people don’t want to let this go but look at the recent packs (From island paradise onwards) There rubbish shallow gameplay that doesn't really add anything to the game I mean ty living was fun but apart from that.... I have stopped buying stuffs for the Sims because there just not good and this Star Wars pack looks like a reskined Jungle Adventurer it’s obviously made as a marketing tool for the Galaxy’s Edge park.
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I am a bit split in my thoughts.

I would love a new Sims game (I have been playing since the beginning) but I just can't be bothered waiting again.
    It's taken so long to reach this stage, I don't want to start all over again.
    :(

Paralives does seem interesting. I am hoping it is released in 2021/2022. It will be tricky to learn a whole new way of playing but worth it if the trailers are anything to go by.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm sort of losing hope that TS5 will be much better than TS4.

I know there will be things that we probably won't be getting again in TS5. Such as CASt because if you watch Jame's interview with SimGuruLyndsay from last year they talk about it, and it sounded like to me that this is something they just don't ever want to implement again because some people had lag and performance issues with it.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SKzjiiox0Fk&feature=emb_logo
    [They talk about it at 26.20]

And if the direction that TS4 is currently heading (RPG'ish aspect) is a glimpse of things going forward with any new iterations, that's just not what I'm looking for.

Paralives probably isn't either. I don't really like the comic-book 2D look of the Parafolk because I'm a snob and I like aesthetics that appeal to me when I play. So I'll just have to wait and see.

So, yeah, I'm not nearly as thrilled and excited as I was a few months.

And you know the funny thing is, I was going back thru old, old threads last night when the speculation of TS4 was coming and then eventually was announced and what people were saying. There was soooo much hope for this wonderful new iteration that would have better gameplay, better sims, better this, better that and a lot of people I'm sure were disappointed. That's what I'm afraid will happen if I think TS5 will be this all encompassing game that takes the best of TS2, TS3, and TS4 combined into one game and it doesn't meet the idea I had envisioned.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

You may very well be correct in this assumption. And if it's NOT modifiable, EA will have just shot themselves because it's the modding community that does their best to "fix" EA/Maxis's errors.

I also believe that TS5 is coming sooner than later.

You are right, if not for modders a lot of the game would be unplayable, and not just bc of lack of content, but bugs ( and not the over needy ones from broken for most EL). I used to be excited about what else was coming to TS4, but now, I dont even know if I care if there is more to it, or even a TS5, bc if they "cared" so much about how they made this one, and do it the same kind of level of "care" then who cares if it comes out or not? If they dont step up and show they care about quality and the content putting out then there wont be enough money made on anything else to keep it or any other version they make around at all.
  • Options
    I'm sort of losing hope that TS5 will be much better than TS4.

I know there will be things that we probably won't be getting again in TS5. Such as CASt because if you watch Jame's interview with SimGuruLyndsay from last year they talk about it, and it sounded like to me that this is something they just don't ever want to implement again because some people had lag and performance issues with it.

And if the direction that TS4 is currently heading (RPG'ish aspect) is a glimpse of things going forward with any new iterations, that's just not what I'm looking for.

Paralives probably isn't either. I don't really like the comic-book 2D look of the Parafolk because I'm a snob and I like aesthetics that appeal to me when I play. So I'll just have to wait and see.

So, yeah, I'm not nearly as thrilled and excited as I was a few months.

And you know the funny thing is, I was going back thru old, old threads last night when the speculation of TS4 was coming and then eventually was announced and what people were saying. There was soooo much hope for this wonderful new iteration that would have better gameplay, better sims, better this, better that and a lot of people I'm sure were disappointed. That's what I'm afraid will happen if I think TS5 will be this all encompassing game that takes the best of TS2, TS3, and TS4 combined into one game and it doesn't meet the idea I had envisioned.

I watched that part of the video that you mentioned that talked about loading CASt and it's so incredibly short-sighted that I wonder about the education if the devs. There are ways to sort and retrieve large amounts of data in the most efficient and quickest way possible. Like they couldn't do that with loading CASt patterns??? Because all that they've done currently is blindly load everything in each category. That's why it lagged because it was a simple, inefficient straightforward loading of the patterns. If they had broken down the categories further into a database format and implemented a toggle to allow simmers to hide subcategories or even whole categories, that would have speeded loading times, because only a smaller subset would be loaded. It would have also been easier to search through all that stuff for simmers as well! And there are even more efficient ways to retrieve and load data - all they need to do is a little research!

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You know TS4 is like still holding on to VHS tapes. And Origin is like offering those tapes for 50 cents, and just winds up giving them away (free game) to get rid of them off their hands.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

You know TS4 is like still holding on to VHS tapes. And Origin is like offering those tapes for 50 cents, and just winds up giving them away (free game) to get rid of them off their hands.

Lol, oh that made me laugh - but it's accurate! 🤣

• Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

I feel like TS2's mix-and-match swatch system is probably the best compromise for CAS and BB items. While we couldn't add our own patterns, there wouldn't be the eternal problem of mismatched woods. Packs could simply add new swatches to our pool of choices. Hair and skin tones definitely need the colorwheel, though.