Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @ACruelButLovingGod - Can't wait to see where 2022 takes your game!!! Good luck and have fun!

I'm doing something similar with my own gameplay. I usually start with two sims named Ryan and Katherine, but this time I decided to have a lineage leading up to Ryan. As luck would have it there are three Cole boys he could descend from, I'm just not entirely sure who yet since they all still have growing up to do. Cyrus is the oldest, then there's Dylan, and finally, Emmett. Dad's name is Andrew and Mom's name is actually Elizabeth, but no one calls her that, except her coworkers. She's simply 'Beth'. I'm also not 100% sure I want to stick to the Alphabet Legacy route either. So Ryan could be Andrew and Beth's grandson, or a great-grandson.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    WILLOW CREEK (SNNS) President Grant Lembeck was assassinated by a killer rabbit today in his Willow Creek home while his wife and son were at work and school, respectively. Police have no leads on who may have initiated the assault. The public has been speculating wildly, of course, but the Nationalist Party fervently denied supporting assassination in any way.

"To suggest that we would undermine democracy by attacking the duly-elected leader of a democratic society is anathema not just to everything the Nationalist Party stands for but everything SimNation believes in. We do not, would not, and will not support violence against any of our political opponents, and firmly denounce anyone committing violence and claiming it is in our name."

Local crackpot and conspiracy theorist Clement Frost proffered a different theory.

"You know the Lembeck administration was funding the Bureau of Alien Affairs. They were building a weapon to attack Sixam, and those aliens wouldn't allow that. It wasn't a killer rabbit. It was an alien death probe, I tell ya!"

Still others suggested the Watcher was behind the killing, just a freak accident by someone who had angered a potentially vengeful god, but Frost pointed out to reporters that "it's not the way the Watcher typically kills. People roast in the summer or freeze in the winter, possessed by a force that makes them go outside in cold weather clothes on hot days or hot weather clothes on cold days. Why would the Watcher do something different? He works in mysterious ways, but that's too mysterious even for him."

Regardless of the circumstances, the assassination remains a mystery. Nataliya Bernard was sworn in as president and promised to carry on the late President Lembeck's policies. The late head of state will be buried in the Honored Dead Cemetery.

*ooc: In actuality, I was trying to kill off an alien walking down the street and didn't realize that "kill by rabbit" applied not to who you shift-click on but to the active, selected sim. I learned something today, and as always, since it wasn't a bug, I'm letting it stand. The curveballs keep the world interesting.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I haven't been able to play much at all since August when several members of hubby's family came to Seattle from Florida. He and I have been helping them find new homes, move into those new homes, and become acquainted with their new life in the Pacific Northwest. But thanks to a surprise Arctic blast, we now find ourselves alone and snowed in. An oddly welcome change after the hectic holiday spent with our large, blended family. Hubby's family is entranced by the beauty of the snow-covered mountains and ever-changing views. Snow in Florida almost never happens so they are all quite excited by the white stuff falling from the sky. Hubby and I have returned to wearing our comfiest pajamas then settling in beneath our favorite fleece throws to watch movies, eat leftover goodies and take some time to decompress. According to the latest weather reports we're looking at this to last for another week, with another week before most of the snow and ice on the roads melts and we can rejoin the rest of the world. I sense many 'Me Days' in my future and I can hardly wait to get back to playing my favorite Sims again. There is a baby due in one household and a wedding that has been on hold since August in another main household, so I am ready to get back to them as soon as I get some rest. Thanks for sharing all the photos of your Sim families and their stories. Great motivation for me to get back to my computer. <3
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Paigeisin5 Fellow Seattleite here, except I was born and raised in Boston...and the way everything completely shuts down around here for what wouldn't even be enough snow to close school in my hometown never ceases to amuse me.

But you're right—it is a spectacular excuse to stay in and play games all day!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    :D I agree. People get very nervous whenever the snow gets deeper than a few inches. But we're up in the foothills with about 4 feet of snow on the ground, with more predicted to fall over the next few days. Plus, we're a couple of miles up from where the road crews stop plowing. Getting down off this mountain is a bit of a challenge in the winter. But the view from up here is worth all the challenges. And having helpful and caring neighbors is priceless. We look out for one another like a family. If someone is making a grocery run, that person will call and ask everyone if they need anything. The men take turns so no one person does it all the time. If someone needs wood for their fireplace or stove, we make sure they get it. So, it's different world up here. I have known some of my neighbors for thirty years, some of them built their homes at the same time as I built mine. Our kids grew up together and have remained friends. You just don't find that kind of unity in other neighborhoods I have lived in.
  • Options
    keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    The curveballs keep the world interesting.[/i]

Heck yeah they do! I don't have any pictures, but I've been playing with the Landgrabbs lately. I added Johnny back into the family and got him to the top of his career via a fluke chance card. Then he found a wife, and they moved out into their own place. So they consummate the marriage and he finds out she's an alien! Not what I was going for, but whatever. Well, the next day he gets abducted as soon as he gets home from work, hoovered right off the sidewalk. So they were pregnant at the same time and I just call their kids twins even though they turned out one being an alien, one human but with a bright blue skin tone (which I changed.)

Also, when Malcolm got married in this SAME SAVE, the ceremony was going on in the backyard and his dad chose that exact moment to keel over in the third floor gym. Guests were very conflicted.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Agnes Crumplebottom requested my Sim Allie to make her a cross stitch creation. When Allie gave it to Agnes she hated it and said some rude comments about it. The request got done anyway.
    sTWPV6U.png

When Allie returned home she noticed that there was a cross stitch creation of Agnes Crumplebottom in her inventory. I guess Agnes gave it to her as a reward.
    Allie decided to hang it up on the wall and she thought that the perfect place for it is... right above the trash can. :D
    KhXsEK9.png
  • Options
    DistantDialtonesDistantDialtones Posts: 8 New Member
    I was playing with my character Serena Woodson, leveling up on becoming a mage and fell in love with L. Faba. We started dating and out of the blue somehow L. Faba impregnated my female Sim, not once did we "Try for baby" and I was unaware the L. Faba could impregnate my sim. But, we did discuss "expanding the family" So now I'm sitting here stuck with twins that I personally didn't want, but its making my game play spicy.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Er16Y0v.png

Grandpa came over to visit Johnny. He pranked his toilet and gave Johnny tinnitus. Thanks Grandpa.
  • Options
    If there's one thing that's a given in the life of Super Dave Lembeck and Jessie Charbonneau, it's that the hot minute they end up as empty-nesters, the birth control pills are the first thing to go...
    HdtV4wD.png

With the Grant Lembeck story arc tossed into the dumpster by killer rabbits evil alien assassination probes, yeah, that's the ticket!, it's time to push the Rapid Super Kid Button again as the Watcher's favorite gets to have her third child. Will they stop at three? Who knows?

For the curious, Henry's a young adult now and Larisa just got romantically involved with Jason Teller, the beefiest gym trainer (and quite possibly the most Incredible Hulk-sized dude full stop besides maybe Tom Bernard) in all of SimNation. I'm debating what to do with them, but it'll probably involve at least one child.
    (he/him)
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited December 2021
    No screenshots, but Guidry got a call from Eliza Pancakes wondering if she should get to know Vlad a little better. I was so tempted to have him say “yes, please do,” but decided to warn her off. I now regret that.

Edited to add some gameplay:

I finally got back to my game. I forgot that I left Morgyn at the Magic Realm, so I took a nice shot of it before I brought him home.

Ntopxlt.png

Guidry called to invite Morgyn over and found him in a bit of a down mood. A little pep talk helped perk him up.

z3p91el.png

But something he said didn't sit well.

TY0A1Cs.png

He was actually glad to hear a knock at the door. Until he saw Eliza Pancakes wanting to hang out. She didn't. I guess she wanted to talk about that Vlad issue.

WNNATbY.png

The bros spent a pleasant evening reading.

TQml7va.png

And, in other news, Rowan and Bossy II are getting along quite well, so far.

2d1kkaD.png
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hello Simmers!

Happy holidays! :)

Here to show a few clips of my sims decorating for Winterfest lol yup behind the times but that is okay!

The Stone Household.

The gang enjoyed the cheesecake brownies and hot coco while talking and laughing.

I loved how dedicated they are to Winterfest dressing up! <3 (The twins Mckenna and Max are reindeer, Lilith is Lady Winter and Rainbow is a little helper elf, and Julianna is preggers and did not wanna dress up but wore red).
    51485873179_41a7a46f60_k.jpg

Here is the tree!~

As soon as I saw it, I knew it had to be theirs!

What I do is let them decorate the tree that comes with seasons but then replace it another tree, most of the time, we need more decorate customization options on the season tree.
    51485372338_ab6dcaa869_k.jpg

The Adler Household

Vanessa made some mint chocolate cupcakes to eat after a light soup dinner, they were going to decorate the Winterfest tree!
    51485842829_a2b279f5d1_k.jpg

After they got done, they drank hot coco and admired the tree, they also listened to Winter holiday tunes and chatted here and there.
    51484339187_f7132e31e3_k.jpg

The Full story is here in anyone is interested: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18028213#Comment_18028213
  • Options
    "What? Are you mad? This is an outrage! Who said you could come in here and tell me what I can and can't have in my family home?"

Mila Milutinovic had run into angry homeowners before, but Mortimer Goth was on another level entirely. His seething rage was palpable, so much so that his son Alexander hid in his bedroom, shaking all the while, as the argument intensified outside.

"I told you. I'm with the FCA, and your home is non-compliant. You have had five years to obey the law. And President Bernard's latest executive order is very clear. There will be no more extensions, no more delays, no more lobbying the government to keep this belching smokestack of a building from being condemned unless we are allowed to come in and bring this house into full compliance with the Green Act provisions."

"I told you once, madam. I will not have you forcing alterations to my home! Now get out of here!"

"I'm afraid that is not an option, Mr. Goth. Now step aside before my men"—Mila motioned to Jason Teller and Tom Bernard and their pickaxes and sledgehammers they'd brought to make 'instant home improvements' to the Goth house—"use their tools on you."

"Oh, is THAT how you're going to be?" Mortimer looked at Jason and Tom...easily over 200 kilograms of pure muscle between them...and sighed. "Very well. Just let me take my family to Granite Falls for a couple of days so they don't have to watch this...desecration of quality and taste you're about to do."

"As you wish. Pack up and make your travel arrangements. We'll be back in the morning."

As the Goths caught fish and ate pan-fried insects in bear country, Mila, Tom, and Jason got to work. When they were done...

The exterior had been re-done in stacked stone and the outdoor patios resurfaced with Sulani-sourced wood.
    UoN1fLW.png

The interiors got the Upcycled and Tough walls and honeycomb recycled wood flooring the act required.
    nYQAD9x.png

And the fireplace—which had nearly sent Cassandra to meet the Watcher when she was saved by a visiting Grant Lembeck two weeks prior and which was probably responsible for the Goths' having been singled out by the FCA—was gone.
    FQB3Mc6.png

The spooky-inspired decor looks more than a bit out of place against the bright colors of the eco-friendly materials, but that's the Goths' problem, not mine.
    (he/him)
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    James and Lexi Walden had a baby who is now a toddler. Welcome to toddler life Una! Una is very independent and loves to get into trouble. Wish James and Lexi luck!

51791487335_5364534feb_c.jpg
  • Options
    Super Dave Lembeck Jr. decided, once hitting his teen years, that he would get out into his hometown of San Myshuno, see the sights the tourists pay good money to come see, take in the festivals, and maybe just maybe even enjoy a bit of privilege afforded him by one of the most illustrious names in SimNation. Sure, the Markovs had taken over Newcrest, and clan Wheatley had ideas about pushing the Goths out of Willow Creek, but the big city belonged to the Lembecks.

He started his day with a trip to the Spice Quarter, enjoying the "triple threat meal" of a samosa followed by bhel puri and curry—best to train his spice-hound tongue because he wanted that red T-shirt that comes with the culinary "Super Bowl of Spice" in that neck of the woods. He got a chance to say hi to some of the karaoke regulars while he was there.

He then headed for the Humor and Hijinks Festival, although that was a bit disappointing. Two of his roman candles were duds; only the second of the three he lit actually went off. At least he didn't blow himself up. The bubble blower mostly taught him that bubbles aren't really his jam. He'd have to come back some other time and enjoy the art museum when there wasn't a bunch of jokes and mischief going on around him.

Finally, for a nightcap, Super Dave headed for the rooftop nightclub uptown, with its giant swimming pool, fully-stocked bar, and top-notch company.

And in the limelight, he spotted a woman, barely older than he, lounging by the pool in a skimpy swimsuit and with a body gym-sculpted to fit perfectly in it. And so help him, he was a Lembeck, he was going to shoot his shot and say hello.

"Hey there. Beautiful night, isn't it?"

She looked at him, half interested in meeting someone new and half wishing this upstart kid would leave her alone to enjoy the water and the stars in peace.

"I'm Super Dave Lembeck Jr."

"Olive Tinker. Nice to meet you."

"Wait, the same Olive Tinker who wrote 'SimNation's Schools Get an F' for the San Myshuno Chronicle? That was brilliant. You singled out Superintendent Segura, how does she still even have a job after that?"

Olive lit up. She could talk education reform all day, and this kid clearly knew his stuff...
    (he/him)
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Rohan Elderberry invited Rillyun Pleasant (I renamed her Rillyun from Lilith. Really Un-pleasant. Get it? heh!)

Rohan invited Rillyun to stay the night.
    I think he's in trouble... :D:p

Fax29gp.png
    5QM8SFP.png
    yf4ikkG.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited January 2022
    The Lembeck-Tinker wedding was the event of the season. The Lembeck family had a full reunion for the first time since Grant's funeral, and the faces in the crowd were a gala of 5-star celebrities and the most powerful political figures in SimNation—Jonathan and Nicolette Lembeck, Jessie Charbonneau and Super Dave Lembeck Sr., Nataliya and Titus Bernard, Larisa (Markov) Lembeck, Gennady, Anatoly, and Boris Markov and their wives. Meanwhile, Olive brought practically all of Evergreen Harbor with her for the bride's side of the aisle, with Yasemin Tinker bringing Hugh O'Riordan as her plus-one, Tina Wong bringing Victor Feng, Knox Greenburg and the entire Wheatley family coming along, Mila Milutinovic, Janay (Cardenas) Lobo...basically, "if you ain't invited, you ain't a big deal around here."

Of course, since Super Dave Lembeck Jr. was a giant goofus maloofus and Olive was every bit as irreverent, this was no ordinary wedding. Jeronimo Arroyo, the food vendor from around San Myshuno, went among the crowd with a big tray of peanuts—just three simoleons for a bag, get your hot roasted peanuts!—and Ragnhild Hallstrom, who in addition to being a Spice Quarter merchant was also one of Super Dave Jr.'s best friends, sold ice-cold Peppy-Cola in a little alcove at the back of the wedding chapel. Steve Garamonde tended the open bar as a favor to his boss—and the groom's mother—just hoping nobody tried to bust into song while talking about their lives.

Jonathan cornered the groom and said "this is a gala day for you, bro." Super Dave Jr. shot back, "Well, a gal a day's enough for me, I don't think I can handle any more!"

But at last it was time for the main event. Olive looked otherworldly in her wedding dress, and the big opening swells of "Here Comes the Bride" came from the orchestra...wait, just as they were getting to the main melody of the march, the orchestra busted into "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" as Super Dave Sr. popped up from the gallery, Junior made a mad dash for the altar, and he slid in just under the throw to his older brother as the officiant threw his arms apart and yelled "SAFE!"

"BOOOO! He was out by three feet! The umpire's blind!" yelled Nataliya.

Picking himself off the deck, Junior awaited his bride's arrival at the altar. When she got there, the officiant continued.

"Do you, Olive Tinker, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband."

"I do."

"And do you, Super Dave Lembeck Jr., take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Junior pulled a coin out of his pocket.

"Tell ya what, folks, let's make this interesting. Heads, I say I do and kiss the bride. Tails, we all go home like this never happened, no hard feelings. Whaddaya say?"

"This is preposterous!" said Yasemin. "I will not have you gambling my daughter's future on your silly little whim!"

"Relax, Mom," said Olive. "I kind of want to see how this turns out."

Junior flipped the coin.

"It's heads!"

Olive high-fived Danielle Lembeck, her maid of honor. Titus Bernard tried to get a Mexican wave going, but Yasemin was having none of it.

Finally Junior let out a hearty belly-laugh.

"Relax, people, it's a two-headed coin."
    (he/him)
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'm finally back to playing again! It was the final days of winter and Maya and Emilia got married in a quiet ceremony in the snow at the family farm.

rq2djBC.png
    They've moved out into a little cottage where they'll be living off the land and raising their livestock in peace <3 Just waiting for the spring to roll around now so they can get planting!

UnxaqcZ.png
    2UNDVNO.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @ACruelButLovingGod You had me rolling in the aisles with this one. Loved the interruption with a slide into home base. My favorite part was the coin toss. LOL Double-headed even so.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @ACruelButLovingGod You had me rolling in the aisles with this one. Loved the interruption with a slide into home base. My favorite part was the coin toss. LOL Double-headed even so.

Thank you! I'm proud of the "coin gag"—it originally showed up (as did the baseball scene, an homage to the Marx Brothers' "A Night at the Opera") in a stage play I wrote over a decade ago with a friend of mine that sadly never got produced because the budget we'd have needed massively exceeded our little community theater company's resources. If I ever get married again, I might well throw it in if the bride's game!
    (he/him)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Of Nightmares & Other Bits
    Again, I have deleted this post, so that I won't be spamming. If you would like to read it, please find it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997336/the-checkered-life-of-erik-cantrell#latest

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    2022....not many hopes but at least we have video games hehe.
    pQFdRyh.png
    So according to the gallery I saved this family in 2017 but I who knows when I first made them, Eric here fell victim to curiosity I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was my first vampire to die, his wife didn't have any skills needed to bring him back so she was a single mom for a bit.
    iptQR78.png
    She was pregnant with their second kid when he died, and when she was born Juni met Lewis here, he of course already had a family but they got close all the same and had Zach there. his wife never found out but I remember saving them together if I ever wanted them back connected, she almost looks to be wondering how much little Zack looks like her husband. Kind of weird to bring these old families back and think of all the things they never had. Not as trippy as bringing them back when they never had a tot though but still.
    AiHzEpE.png
    Their eldest excited cause now ambrosia, even though you can sell it for a good bit apparently, is in large amount on the gallery.
    5fDaczm.png
    She's so glad to have him back properly again, he's been gone a long time.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Yes, my Global Superstar's Obsessed Fans like to leave him plates of Ambrosia. At first this had me concerned, because they also will give him a Death Flower. Was it a veiled threat? :open_mouth: At any rate, after a time I realized it was neither of those things. Plate of Ambrosia goes for a whopping §2500 each.Three plates and he can record enough songs to put an album together. :)
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Ive finally gotten around to playing Strangerville, which I’ve had for a while. I never started it because the story play through doesn’t really suit my current save and I didn’t want to start a new one. Then I remembered that I have the 10th Doctor quietly living in HOB, so I sent him, Rose Tyler, and Sarah Jane Smith to play out Strangerville. It all looks so natural!
  • Options
    I'll make this brief, since I don't have pictures. Kayleigh was already preggars when she graduated Uni. So, as I split the group into their individual households, I decided to let the other couples, save Joey, get their family started. Joey is in Med School, it makes far more sense for them to wait, although I can predict with some certainty a cranky, High Maintenance, Jealous Sim may make his life miserable until he gives in. LOL So, today, since Erik and Kayleigh are enjoying their nooboo, I thought it best to 'check' in on the other households. Imagine my surprise when I see that Sandi's little package turned out to be … wait for it …triplets! LOL Two girls and a boy. We won't even discuss the boy's name. The game gave strange names to Brianna's twin sons, too. Not to worry, I shall right this ship once they become Toddlers.

All for now. I just thought I would burst if I didn't share this wholly unsuspected triple threat. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top