Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    I haven't been able to play as much this week because I have a new housemate. My companion kitty of 12 years passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and I have finally been able to move on and adopt a new friend. He's 7 months old and a bit rambunctious, but after a week is settling in nicely. I don't do simselves, but my kitties do. One of my outdoor kitties, Smudge, stars as Morgyn's cat in my game.

ZTOiImL.png

I also have a calico outdoor kitty whose Simself lives with one of my original characters. So, today my new kitty got a Simself. Mango McFluffins now lives with Nalani Mahi'ai in Sulani.

ajIoaFd.png

Now, on to today's gameplay...

Rowland the Cursed finally felt like he and Bossy the Cowplant had found common ground and bonded over a mutual love of music. But, then he woke up to this...

fBnGbqZ.png

But, Bossy didn't leave him alone. She left behind a Baby Bossy. Hopefully, they too will bond and the spirit of the dance will live on... oh heck. Let's just hope she doesn't eat him.

SybToKu.png

Meanwhile, in Glimmerbrook, a fierce storm was raging. Patchy, who has come back home after visiting out of town, came inside for a break from the rain. Johnny Zest also decided to visit, making for a strange trio stuck in the house.

hwxYsRP.png

Things got so strange that Johnny decided to do this... in a thunderstorm.

U4CETZi.png

Oddly enough, it was Morgyn who got hit by lightning. Again. He only got energized, so I made him come in and read a book until the storm passed.

Y4EwUds.png

Not too much excitement. Well, there was the Cowplant. And the thunderstorm. And getting hit by lightning...
  • spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    Sofia went to the art gallery with her sister Elsa. She sang a French sounding version of Itsy Bitsy Spider on her piano. It was adorable really.

Casey quit his Astronaut career and entered the Babysitting career. He had called his wife to ask if he should change careers and she said follow your heart. So he decided on that career. I didn't decide. He did. Bless him.

I didn't feel it was right though somehow. I don't know why. I made him quit and now he is a teacher. He had worked so hard at university to get that physics degree. Maybe he is a physics teacher, I don't know.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    edited December 2021
    Just a really quick heads-up. Kayleigh is again pregnant, but I put a pause on it. So far, she's not even inclined to share the good news with Erik. They are very close to the end of their first Term at Uni. If she can't sign up for the second Term, I will be rolling back to when the kids set off for Uni. I will return to default the percentage of a Sim getting pregnant with Woohoo, as opposed to try for baby, so that I can keep her from getting preggars, until the very end of the third Term. Otherwise, if she's allowed to remain in Uni, I'll un-pause the pregnancy a day or two prior to graduation and we'll see what comes of it. Until I know what's going on I probably won't post now until after Christmas. Have a happy one, however you celebrate, or even if you don't celebrate it, have a great rest of 2021! Be safe and watch out for those crazy drivers on New Year's Eve!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    zEa8DkV.png
    They could only worry over her so much.
    VNKWzOu.png
    Her curiosity may have gotten them a much more permanent situation....
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Okay, just found out the results of their first Term. All of them got a GPA of A+. Everybody but the pregnant one was invited to sign up again for another term. She was told to pack up her bags and move out. :open_mouth: (How rude.) So, I exited without saving. I rolled back just one save, right where I left off yesterday, as it turns out. They have 1 day left of school, so I only have to repeat their last day, everybody's homework is finished their presentations and term papers submitted. They are good to go. I ended the pregnancy. In my mind, she suffered a miscarriage. Stress can play a hand in such things. I think that's what cost me my baby years ago. They tell you not to try to figure out what happened as it can make you crazy. We'll see how Kayleigh handles her loss. She may behave as if she never was pregnant. At least this go-around she never shared her Good News. So, I suppose what the others don't know won't hurt them, right?

At any rate. I'm going back into my game to see if I can't get that first Term over with and get them started on the Second Term. Oh, and Erik won the Starlight Accolade, which he probably would have won, had I not managed to bork the PBP Studios to start with. Oi! The lessons we have to learn. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited December 2021
    @GalacticGal Kayleigh and Erik's baby seems very determined to come into the story early! It reminds me of kids in a car, "Are we there yet?" "No!" "What about now?" "No! We'll tell you when we're there!"

Also, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

@cyncie The cats are very beautiful. Also, RIP Bossy. :(

@RedDestiny92 Uh oh... The situation looks a bit grim.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    @cyncie Congrats on the new kitty!

I once had a cowplant revert to baby after appearing to die. Unfortunately, the baby cowplant had the same behavior as the adult cowplant but still appeared baby. Like, there were feed animations and stuff with green spit that didn't make visual sense with the little cowplant. I think it was a bug. I hope yours behaves better.

edited February 2022
    Edit...
    Hindsight is 20/20 they say. I overestimated how much time I really have to dedicate to maintaining a story thread. I think a more casual and noncommittal approach to sharing my gameplay is my best option, and I feel so stupid and embarrassed for not realizing it beforehand.

A quick summary: I spent about 6-ish weeks working on a new save file. After finishing, I started a new iteration of my favorite sim, Johnny. I gave him a fully fleshed out backstory with a family and a career (he's a model). I'm not very far along in my new save; I'm only about one sim week into the story. Within that time, Johnny has managed to move into his own place: a penthouse in San Myshuno. He has dreams of pursuing a career in music, but his parents are not supportive of that dream.

Today, Johnny and his best friend, James, went to the Romance Festival. James called and needed Johnny to be his "wingman". Johnny reluctantly agreed.

5P76pKU.png

JAMES
    I always thought you would love it here... You know, with you being a hopeless romantic and all.

JOHNNY
    I may be a "hopeless romantic", but I know a scam when I see one. Like the "Love Guru". She'll tell you that you'll have a surprise in the morning, only for that surprise to be diarrhea because you ate the nigiri here.

PKDu95g.png

James then approaches the Love Guru and asks if she could read his friend's love destiny.

"Vibrations show a tall dark stranger in your near future."

cdRELyo.png

Sounds wonderful, but Johnny isn't convinced. He tells James the Love Guru probably tells everyone that.
    Post edited by NightlyCoffee on
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    edited December 2021
    @NightlyCoffee thanks!
    @cyncie Congrats on the new kitty!

I once had a cowplant revert to baby after appearing to die. Unfortunately, the baby cowplant had the same behavior as the adult cowplant but still appeared baby. Like, there were feed animations and stuff with green spit that didn't make visual sense with the little cowplant. I think it was a bug. I hope yours behaves better.

Thanks. Mango is quite a charmer.
    Cool about the Cowplant. Sounds like a perfect story for Rowan! 😀
    @GalacticGal Kayleigh and Erik's baby seems very determined to come into the story early! It reminds me of kids in a car, "Are we there yet?" "No!" "What about now?" "No! We'll tell you when we're there!"

Also, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

@cyncie The cats are very beautiful. Also, RIP Bossy. :(

@RedDestiny92 Uh oh... The situation looks a bit grim.

I know, right? This one is a boy, too. All but one time a boy comes first. Seems Jamison is destined to Be. As for the "Are we there yet" question, I thought seriously about adding that to the Historical novel I've written about my ancestors. They made the three-hundred mile southwest trek from the Shenandoah Valley, VA all the way to what isnow East Tennessee, with seven children all under the age of eleven. I may see if it's worth adding. LOL I don't think kids have changed all that much over the ages. ;)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    @NightlyCoffee ha I see what did there.

I couldn't set up that long I'd start getting too many ideas always interesting to see what happens when others are able to, don't need to feel stupid though sometimes we have more time when we start out. I would have had more time if I picked out a schedule but now I like some freedom to toss things around quickly so I can use all my saves, I also like the spammer thread for that looking forward to what happens with Johnny.

9Eg9NUL.png
    Bella tucking in her grandson, I gave her and Mortimer a youth potion about when I started the save and after their daughter Helena was born right after Cassandra married the newly human Guidry (Claude), I realized he didn't drink his so I might have to get her another one. Cassie is a witch so she's not letting go of them easy...all caught up hehe.
    XQk7tmW.png
    Now my beloved cursed family, I love the moles but Christina has been testing me first triplets when I swore I wouldn't cheat to let them move then the twins tsk tsk. If I hadn't had them for years I would seriously consider the possibility of John's consideration for leaving the monogamous lifestyle...lol. Anyways, since I started on short with Helena being born I aged up the twins just cause if I left it they would be about kids now if not teens.
    bMpJEZV.png
    They are adorable, old blue eyes there is Leo the older twin and Luke is..just happy to be there ha.
    070C94L.png
    After stopping to think I was glad we had bunkbeds for these people I noticed them collecting in the main bedroom to watch Christina sleep..or her feet...I don't know they don't have much 'cept each other........................................so yeah whatever.

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited February 2022
    @RedDestiny92 Thank you!
    cc22pBH.png

Johnny decides to visit his grandparents and see how they are doing. While catching up, they enjoy some homemade apple pie Grandma had baked earlier.

V6kzU4N.png

Johnny and Grandpa head out back afterwards and have a little jam session together.

XwmqDzY.png

Grandpa then comes up with a terrible idea: Let's play on the Slip 'N Slide! Johnny declines. Slip 'N Slides are not meant for adults. Of course, bullheaded Grandpa wants to prove a point.

JOHNNY
    Papa! Are you okay?!

ANGUS
    (IN PAIN) I'm fine, really...

JOHNNY
    Do you need me to get Nana?

ANGUS
    No! Absolutely not! She doesn't need to hear about this... at all!

JOHNNY
    Are you sure? You look like you're really hurtin'...

ANGUS
    I just slipped on the SLIP 'N Slide... It's apart of the name!

JOHNNY
    Yeah, it's called a Slip 'N Slide not a Slip 'N Die, Papa!
    Post edited by NightlyCoffee on
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    My game gave me a funny surprise. Father Winter dropped by for Winterfest, bringing his usual good cheer and presents. My sim couple visited with him for a while and got to know him. The wife sim had to go to the bathroom and left the hubby and Father Winter visiting in the living room. They're talking together and then Father winter lifted the mistletoe over hubby's head and planted a big, whiskery smooch on him and started a pink romance bar with him. 0.0. I burst out laughing, how bold and out of the blue. Sim wife came back into the room directly after and she wasn't even mad about it. I wonder how this is going to go. :D
    I do not have Eco or NAPs either.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I continued my making a million simoleons challenge with my Sim Luna Moon. She was the one that married Clement Frost.
    Today, I was just playing them until Luna gave birth. The two stayed mostly at home, and celebrated winterfest. They did take a trip to the park, and explored a bit, before going home. At home they saw Father Winter, and he gave a gift to Luna, but Clement was too tired, so he never received one. Luna and Clement mostly stayed home waiting for Luna to have their baby. In the meantime, both their sinks and toilet broke. Instead of replacing it, or hiring a repair service, Luna repaired all three things. Clement cleaned up behind her, after everything was done.
    Finally, Luna gave birth to a little girl they named Emma MoonFrost.
    Emma was born with blonde hair, and blue/grey eyes. Clement had grey hair due to his age, and blue eyes, and Luna had natural grey hair and green eyes. So, I gave Emma grey hair, and gave her more her father's shade of blue for her eye color.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Father winter lifted the mistletoe over hubby's head and planted a big, whiskery smooch on him and started a pink romance bar with him.

I read that as a "whiskey smooch" and thought to myself "I think I listened to 'The Night Santa Went Crazy' by Weird Al one too many times this holiday season..."

But who knows? Maybe Father Winter really was loaded up on the juice...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Father winter lifted the mistletoe over hubby's head and planted a big, whiskery smooch on him and started a pink romance bar with him.

I read that as a "whiskey smooch" and thought to myself "I think I listened to 'The Night Santa Went Crazy' by Weird Al one too many times this holiday season..."

LOL That's choice. Love it.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

Ha! That might explain it. Tanked up and lookin' for lurve!
    Grant Lembeck had himself one heck of a Tuesday. His day started with classes for his second term of his History degree. When those let out at 12:30, he rushed over to GeekCon and won the Hackathon, barely beating out his soon-to-be bride Larisa Markov.

But where's the fun in dull nerd stuff? The real fun came after GeekCon was all said and done and the libations started flowing. After a couple of brewskis, Grant worked up the courage and...yeehaw!

8aKR8Jo.png

Sadly, Grant did not win the karaoke contest. Nobody in SimNation babaloos like Ricky Ricardo reincarnated, so the award went to Hernando Lobo (giving me a fine excuse to share this pic again.)
    ePvfiJM.png

So suave. Just like his old man.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2021
    My sim just aged up. I mean, she's just a child but she looks like Tyra Banks.
    27-12-2021-13-30-12.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Grant Lembeck married Larisa Markov, and it wasn't long—just the week they waited for spring to begin and the first carrot harvest of the year to come in—before they were having the kind of woohoo that involves praying to the Watcher afterward for a baby.

And when sims ask, their prayers are often answered.
    HE124aa.png

Grant and Larisa are already considering names...will their kid get a Russian name from Mom's side of the family...or an American name from Dad's side? And will those carrots and alternative music work their testosterone-powered magic once again?
    (he/him)
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited December 2021
    Moved my new Sim into an apartment in Myshuno. One of my favorite worlds in TS4!
    2EYWg9q.png

Just got the Vampire pack for PC since it was on sale. :)

The first thing I wanted to do was turn my Sim into a Vamp, so I had him get to know Caleb. My Sim asked to be turned and Caleb said yes.
    8TgIX65.png

My Sim went back to his apartment in Myshuno, then all of his appliances (and electronic devices) broke as soon as he arrived. I had him successfully repair the stove and refrigerator... Now on to the TV! He messes around with it for a bit and gets electrocuted!!
    kdjuKpH.png

He died and now my game is ruined. RIP :'(
    IUpspb1.png

I just wanted my poor Sim to become a Vamp..

Edit-I posted this in a different thread and thought it would be okay to post here as well. :)
    He/Him
    WILLOW CREEK (SNNS*) SimNation went to the polls Wednesday to elect a new president, as incumbent Walther Schnee (Nationalist-Oasis Springs) surrendered his office to President-Elect Grant Lembeck (SimNation Popular Front-Willow Creek) and his running mate Nataliya Bernard of San Myshuno.

The vote, expected to be close, turned into a landslide, as not only did Lembeck and Bernard carry their home states in overwhelming fashion, but their coalition, stretching from Sulani to Britechester and all points in between, swept in a massive SNPF majority in both houses of the legislature, with Schnee and the Nationalists carrying only Oasis Springs and Brindleton Bay.

Lembeck, son of renowned chef and Foundation for Less Mischief board chairwoman Jessie Charbonneau and San Myshuno soccer star and Hall of Famer Super Dave Lembeck, made his name on the scene after winning the East Britechester district seat in the House of Representatives just after graduating from UBrite. He then went on to gain a Senate seat in Willow Creek, where he lives with his wife Larisa and their newborn son Henry. Lembeck became known quickly for his ability to persuade seemingly anyone off the street to vote for him.

Duane Talla, a Sulani resident voting in his first election, explained to exit pollsters what swayed his vote.

"Aw man, Schnee was terrible for Sulani. All these city folks moving in and taking our houses, wrecking our culture, poisoning our oceans, those Nationalists are the worst. I know Grant Lembeck. My brother worked on his campaign. He cares about regular folks too, know what I'm sayin'? Not just all those rich people talking about how they're all 'chosen by the Watcher' and junk like that."

Meanwhile, in Evergreen Harbor, which has become a Popular Front stronghold in recent years, Knox Greenburg spoke about his hopes for the Lembeck administration.

"Did you hear about how Lembeck's home neighborhood went green? Yeah, for real. He took on the Goth family, the same Goths who own that weird science lab here in Port Promise that was spilling pollution into the river until we finally got it cleaned up. First time since Eddie Portnoy was still in office that I feel real optimism for Mother Earth, man. I wish I could've voted twice just to stick it to the Nationalists and their getting cozy with the Goths and the Landgraabs and not caring about the planet. We got a green President again!"

Greenburg's comment spoke not only to Lembeck's promises on environmental reform but to the SNPF's green party color, in contrast to the purple of the Nationalists.

Meanwhile, the mood was far more somber at Schnee's rally in Oasis Springs. Campaign spokesman Geoffrey Landgraab told the press of his concerns.

"You never want to see these wide-eyed idealists get power," Landgraab said. "Besides the disastrous effects on the economy in Sulani and Evergreen Harbor that will come from Lembeck's anti-business stances, and the social meddling the Foundation for Less Mischief is infamous for, as they've tried to ban our cherished traditions like Prank Day and the Neighborhood Brawl, Lembeck is too young and too inexperienced to govern SimNation effectively. And his connection with the Markovs? Are they trying to turn SimNation into the Communist Union? I urge all Nationalists to resist this hijacking of our national character and values and protest. Turn back the Popular Front in the midterm elections. We'll be back to fight again."

Whether the SNPF can hold their gains in both elected branches of the government remains to be seen, but the returns make it clear. Grant Lembeck will have a strong mandate to implement his policy goals, and change is on the wind in SimNation.

*SNNS: SimNation News Service, the equivalent in-universe of the Associated Press.
    (he/him)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited December 2021
    Got Dylan and Jess Sigworth back!
    JCnrcvC.png

EDIT:
    Jess is one of my favourite played characters. Never finished the 'Strangerville' campaign.
    Try again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4IDMpnokUE
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited December 2021
    Mine is going to be some random "firsts" but they have sentimental value. :smile:

First proposal in Sulani
    elJ46n5.png

First time seeing northern lights/aurora borealis!
    1oyEP6o.png

First flying mission!
    CzOYDk9.png

First time viewing lanterns in the river
    wlHRIEO.png

First time seeing alligator (Monty) as a mermaid
    J70y8wi.png

First time building a treehouse castaway camp for Sulani! (or Jungle Adventure)
    HZt2m0Q.png

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    Some OOC thoughts as my simworld enters 2022 (its third year on one save; the 2-year anniversary is February 20)

You may have noticed the heavy use of carrots as I've raised up some sim kids; for those who aren't regular readers, this is because the game created a massive gender imbalance in the world, spawning far more female NPCs of all ages than males. In order to make sure all those women have men who make good husbands and fathers, I've had to raise them up myself across various families, with my thumb on the chromosomal scale to get enough boys to resolve the issue. I can think of only three more women that I need to marry off to good husbands (Danielle Lembeck, Alina Markov, and Olive Tinker) before I can resume leaving the gender of the kids up to the hand of fate rather than the heavy, meddling hand of the Watcher.

I'm planning to develop the political side of my simworld a bit more in 2022; the game provides so many little hooks and writing prompts that it'd be a shame to waste them. The choice of "Popular Front" and "Nationalist" for the two-party system was intended to represent a bit of left-vs-right symbolism without being too in-your-face about it (even if Geoff Landgraab's speech may have been a bit too much of an anvil for events in the US over the past couple of years.) I'm going to scale that back and find a balance so that the Nationalists aren't just comic book villains, but this is new territory for my writing. This will also be my chance to poke fun at my own playstyle, since the way I craft my world—I noticed Sulani was looking a little gentrified after some recent world edits, hence casting Duane Talla as the dissident teen vote in the post—would naturally have an effect on the sims who live in it.

Some of your favorite characters will definitely be making a return to the rotation before too long; I do keep an eye on feedback in terms of like/awesome clicks as well as replies. Adam and Ellie Wheatley will start their family and it'll be wholesome and adorable, don't you worry. I also haven't ruled out Elizabeth Wheatley having another roll in the hay with Bob Monahan (Adam's biological father) because they do make good-looking kids.

I am absolutely open to ideas from other posters here—I like to think I'm a pretty good storyteller, but I'm just as often blown away by the superior talent of so many of you folks and humbled as a result.

Happy New Year!
    (he/him)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top