Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    @Kimmer When I first started playing TS4, I used the reward traits like Never Weary and Steel Bladder. I thought, "Perfect! Now I have more time for other things!" Except, I quickly got bored because I missed the whole management portion. Turns out, I actually really like having to manage my Sims needs. Though, Erik looks like he's having a blast cooking that late. The little wave to the camera is cute!
    @NightlyCoffee
    Thanks. :)
    Yes, I agree about the never weary trait, I often used to get it for my Sims back when I started playing Sims 4 because it sounded helpful. A lot of Sims on my oldest saves still have it. It was nice when I was playing with just one Sim, for example Erik who needed to learn a lot of skills, but now when he has all of them maxed out I wish he would just sleep.
    My play style is very slow because I play different saves rotationally, it feels like it takes forever these old saves to progress when I have to just watch my non-sleepy Sims trying to pass time when the rest of the family is sleeping.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I have some pics I forgot about but yeahhhh I had red velvet cake I didn't need so I'm all ready to share it all.
    U6WYiu1.png
    I noticed Catarina left all her cats with someone else when she got married and decided to change her ways I figured she should be responsible for her kids. She has one with Kim from Henford-on-Bagely, Vanessa Jeong, and one of the partihaus girls this one is with her husband she's lucky he was willing to help her with the extras.
    03f9bHv.png
    ths1DaP.png
    KTS28B0.png
    d6hLRmp.png
    uL8dRs9.png
    One of my more peaceful families this one.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hecto Romero: *thinking to himself* "This kid is SOOOOO boring..."
    MZ1GaJy.png

Hecto Romero: *thinking to himself* "I'm so bored."
    To La'ua, *in monotone voice*: "Yes kid. It was nice meeting you. Go fishing, or something."
    cM6iJQe.png

Bonus pics.
    Hecto Romero. Haha!
    Lives in Windenburg.
    Visiting Oasis Springs, finds it boring. lol
    eJ912Js.png
    dI1oorR.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2022
    @NightlyCoffee Thanks for the shout-out. :) As for whether or not Thorne is jealous, I really don't know. I've never made him an active Sim. The two are friends, however. Could be Thorne is just razzing him. But I did note that Thorne is an Entertainer. So, if Erik Cantrell is his competition … maybe there is a little latent hostility going on? :open_mouth:

Funny thing is, I was having so much trouble getting the award show to start, I decided to empty Erik's inventory into the house so I could upload the house and then his family, just to place them back into a new save, hoping this would fix the accolades. But, by the time I got much of his inventory safely removed (last time I started a new save he had his skill and was able to earn money, but his songs and his finished presentation board were gone). I went back to the older save just to have them finish that Second Term. But losing everything from the personal inventory taught me a lesson I had forgotten. By the time I had things safely stashed, it was already 4:30 PM in the game. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I went ahead and sent Erik to Del Sol Valley. Suddenly the show went on as described. Erik did something very odd after he gave his acceptance speech. He went down onto his knees, and stood back up again, which happened so quickly, taking me by surprise, I couldn't get a picture of it. But I was able to capture his expression. All I could say to myself is "what was that all about?" Then as I was writing the story up, I decided Thorne was going to make a small fuss to explain Erik's expression. Too precious not to use. I still don't understand what Erik was reacting to. LOL Oh, those silly Sims!

ETA: I have come to realize, now, that Erik was simply, Busting-A-Move, which is how he ends his concerts. LOL (I need more sleep.)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    That was a fun vacation story @ACruelButLovingGod :)

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    edited January 2022
    That was a fun vacation story @ACruelButLovingGod :)

I learned the value of taking way more screenshots than you think you need when you're going to put together a visual story post. It gives so much more flexibility when trying to weave together multiple threads in a narrative—not just "Adam and Ellie go to the woods and conceive a child"—which was a nice A-story, but a bit one-dimensional—but folding in the forest rangers, the bears, and the tendency for townies to show up everywhere with no regard for their having a reason to be there.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    edited January 2022
    The Granite Falls Beavers came back home for Game 6 of the championship series on Monday night and played home run derby against the Oasis Springs Scorpions pitching. David Rodriguez led off the fun with a three-run homer in the first, Jeremy Lee hit three out on his way to going 5-for-5, and even Mike Davis, who'd only hit one homer in the entire regular season, hit what looked like a lazy fly ball down the right field line at Founders Field, with its 317-foot short corner, and rang the bell to win a prize when the ball doinked off the foul pole. Dave Gillis called it "The Shot Heard 'Round The World" as the bases-loaded dinger in the fifth made it 10-0 Beavers.

That was more than enough for Neil McCarran, who pitched a three-hit shutout in a game that ended 14-0.

The next morning, Adam called up his friend Marisol.

HZ06yGL.png

"How was the game?"

"Shut. Up. Just. Shut. Up."

"Hey, look on the bright side, you got to spend some time in Granite Falls, and Ellie and I were both glad to see you. It won't be long before the baby gets here. You should come over. Unless you've got tickets to the Suns' home opener against the Seals..."

"Ellie's pregnant? You dog! I was gonna watch the game on TV at home, but I'll come over and watch it at your place if Ellie's the one cooking."

"I think I could talk her into making a few steaks."

Meanwhile, Super Dave Lembeck walked down the street on his way to visit his daughter-in-law and his grandson...and San Myshuno's biggest Beavers fan had a little extra bounce in his step and a big smile on his face.
    G3VXLgE.png

He's also a Seals fan...maybe he should pass on trying to score an invite to the Wheatleys' sports party...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    The brothers Wheatley were like night and day. Richard, the firstborn of the twins, never fussed in his crib as a baby and turned into an absolutely angelic toddler.
    zj2F1hL.png

Richard's little brother Jim, on the other hand, seemed as an infant adamantly opposed to being befriended. Sure, he figured out that he probably shouldn't overly annoy his mom and dad, since one had the responsibility of what went into the boys at one end and the other dedicated himself to what came out the other end—Ellie pulled rank on that one, saying something about "the Watcher gave me two of these AND THEY BOTH HURT", and Adam ended up changing a lot of diapers!

But when he became a toddler, Jim had a strong independent streak. He would NOT be taught to say "please". At best, he'd say "now". And "sorry"? Learning SimNational was fine and good, but you want him to learn Canadian too?!
    nS4dOUf.png

Adam and Ellie could pray to the Watcher...but even He was just at his post like "I got nothin', guys, good luck."
    (he/him)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2022
    I did a little name swap for some of my sims. Cyrus, the eldest of the Cole children, is now Ryan(Ryan is now Cyrus) and Jessa Parker is now Katherine Parker-Cole. She and Ryan got married and recently spent a week in Mt. Komorebi for their honeymoon. Ryan's brother Dylan is also a young adult and married a girl named Alexandria Richards(daughter of Gavin Richards and Zoe Patel) I took almost 50 pics so I'm not going to share them.* Oh! Ryan's youngest siblings- the triplets- are teenagers!
    *You can see them in two posts (labeled part 1 and part 2 respectively) on the facebook page in my signature.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited January 2022
    Little Jim Wheatley was in a bit of a sour mood. Most things, he'd been able to figure out on his own, and his preliminary scores on the pre-school readiness test showed "exceptional communication skills and imagination for a child his age", as the administrator put it. Meanwhile, his brother Richard scored well on "adult-guided learning activities"—he was picking up things like using the potty and mastering shapes using the blocks far better than was his brother.

Jim decided...well, for one thing, to swallow his pride, something you don't see every day in a toddler (or any day for most of them!)...and for another, that he was going to learn to do shapes as good as his mama's boy of a brother. So he sought out dear old dad.
    XCLQoiF.png

Jim knew that if he could just get past the basics, he could figure out the rest. But with a brand new skill in front of him, he didn't even know where to start. Luckily, those "exceptional communication skills" of his made it easy to talk Dad into helping...

(minor OOC edit): Richard Wheatley was supposed to be named after my IRL maternal great-uncle, more accurately my great-aunt's third husband, the guy who got Young Me into watching "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" way back in the day. But my great uncle's name is a banned word in 2022, so Richard is the best I can do.
    (he/him)
    edited March 2022
    Security Has Been Breached …

This post can now be found over here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997336/the-checkered-life-of-erik-cantrell#latest

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal Got some great "psychological thriller" vibes from the latest chapter of your tale. Great stuff!
    (he/him)
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello Simmers!

Lovely stories and gameplay! :)

I had a blast reading and awesoming.

Here is my piece of my gameplay.

I dunno if these two volunteers are ready to take six kids on a snowy escape experience and what will happen between them?
    51485341068_c2293fa988_k.jpg

This is the prep part for the vacation, if curious you can click this link to read more: Click Here!

Happy simming! :)

@GalacticGal Got some great "psychological thriller" vibes from the latest chapter of your tale. Great stuff!

Thank you. I never saw the Sims who went into the house. Generally, I make sure the gate is relocked as soon as the last guest leaves. If I see an unsavory sort walking toward said gate, or even sometimes as they climb the steps to the front door, I use MCCC to have them leave. Works like a charm. So, I was just as surprised to see the Ambrosia, and the cakes when Erik returned from work. :open_mouth:

Thank you. I never saw the Sims who went into the house. Generally, I make sure the gate is relocked as soon as the last guest leaves. If I see an unsavory sort walking toward said gate, or even sometimes as they climb the steps to the front door, I use MCCC to have them leave. Works like a charm. So, I was just as surprised to see the Ambrosia, and the cakes when Erik returned from work. :open_mouth:

Something like that happens in my simworld, it's time to summon Grim and tell him to bring the scythe and the guitar... >:)
    (he/him)
    Erik had a different response. I will share at some later moment.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yesterday, I mostly checked up on my PC Sims. I deleted some save files that weren't necessary since I had the same families in my PS4 version. However, this is just the cliff notes version of my other save files.
    In my Harry Potter family, I mixed the Dursleys and the Potters into the same house, and made Sirius and Remus brothers to James. Harry and Dudley are teens, and are doing fairly well in school. The adults had no jobs, so I had everyone, but Lily and Petunia get a job. Vernon got a job in business, James got a job in entertainment, Sirius got a job in fitness, and Remus got a job in the science career. Lily may get a job later, but Petunia will be a stay at home mom. When Harry and Dudley are in college, I plan to have Lily have more kids, and Petunia will take care of them.
    In another save file, I gave liberty Lee a new hairstyle, and aged up her triplet sons to kids that she had with my sim Sage Silverwolf. Sage was the one that made the cakes so that the kids could each have a cake, and Liberty did the birthday candles. The kids got a new hairstyle as well, and when they are teens, they will get another makeover.
    In another save, I mainly play my Fruits Basket family. I made Kyo, Yuki, and Shigure brothers, and made Tohru unrelated. I have two other families that I don't really play. The two families welcomed sons. My Frozen family welcomed a son that I named Olaf, and the Smith family welcomed a son that I named Xavier. Back to the Fruits Basket family, Yuki tended to his garden, and Kyo and Tohru exchanged promise rings. Even though Yuki was dating another teen, he rolled the want to flirt with Tohru. He never got the chance, because Kyo and Tohru became official. Shigure called Yuki to see if he should get out of the writing career, but Yuki told him to stay in it.
    Finally, in my last save on my PC is Ahri and Evelynn. Evelynn talked to Don who she is having a relationship with, while Ahri tried to get into the magical tree. Ahri finally opened the passage, but went down the wrong path the first time, however, the second time she was successful. The day for them was a bit lackluster, but they got some things done.
    I plan to check up on my PS4 sims the next time, it has been a few days since I played my Sims games, so my game play won't be too interesting for awhile.
    The Wheatley brothers' sibling rivalry boiled up to another level when Richard aged up first, completing all the steps of toddler development while Jim ran until he almost passed out in the backyard before Adam rescued him from himself and put him to bed. Jim's independence as a toddler backfired on him. How this would affect his sense of himself as a child remained to be seen...
    6IGjAiX.png
    (he/him)
    edited March 2022
    When Panic Breeds Panic

This log post can now be found over here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997336/the-checkered-life-of-erik-cantrell#latest

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    One of the space heaters in my Sim's Mt Komorebi house caught fire and almost burned down an entire bedroom. (I didn't know that the space heaters can catch fire!) Fire fighters were called, and they put out the fire. But! One of the fire fighters then caught fire! The other guy just walked off leaving his buddy to go up in flames. Guess it's a hazard of the job. :o
    ImSands wrote: »
    One of the space heaters in my Sim's Mt Komorebi house caught fire and almost burned down an entire bedroom. (I didn't know that the space heaters can catch fire!) Fire fighters were called, and they put out the fire. But! One of the fire fighters then caught fire! The other guy just walked off leaving his buddy to go up in flames. Guess it's a hazard of the job. :o

Oh, my. Well, I'm not surprised the space heaters can go up in flames, since this is a hazard of using them in RL. Sorry that the firefighter deserted his team member. Isn't there a code they live by? :open_mouth:
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

I didn't even know there were space heaters in the game. That's so awesome! (Except for the fire part). Where are they in BB?

Also... :lol: about the firefighter catching fire. Is that bad that it makes me laugh? :lol: I wish you'd have gotten a screenshot of that.

I had firefighters show up to put out a massive campfire-gone-rogue a few days ago and one of the fire fighters kept flirting with everyone on the lot instead of putting out the fire. For some reason she showed up in the "Very Flirty" mood. I forgot to take screenshots of that too, so I understand why you didn't get one.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I didn't even know there were space heaters in the game. That's so awesome! (Except for the fire part). Where are they in BB?

Also... :lol: about the firefighter catching fire. Is that bad that it makes me laugh? :lol: I wish you'd have gotten a screenshot of that.

I had firefighters show up to put out a massive campfire-gone-rogue a few days ago and one of the fire fighters kept flirting with everyone on the lot instead of putting out the fire. For some reason she showed up in the "Very Flirty" mood. I forgot to take screenshots of that too, so I understand why you didn't get one.

It was one of the rental lots that I’d turned into a residential one in mt. Komorebi. The space heaters are in most of the rooms. Not sure where they are in BB but they came with snowy escape. I thought it was hilarious that the fire fighter caught fire. I could of course gotten my Sim to put him out but now I instead have his ghost haunting the lot. I love this kind of random stuff in the game. Really wish I had a screenshot but was just watching the drama unfold 🤣

Stormkeep wrote: »

I am basically unimpressed with the firefighters they gave us. Really, it's a joke on the players. More often than not my Sims are able to put out the fire before help even arrives. Yet, the firefighters reproved them mightily. I had one of my Sims get a harsh tongue-lashing. Mind you, she was covered in soot, but that didn't matter. The fire was out and the firefighters were putout. Heaven forbid they should be called our of their cozy station to do their job. :open_mouth:

And I do have pictures:
    This is Rebecca Hawkins.
    fAoYaM4.jpg
    This is Rebecca Hawkins getting scolded:
    Kv2nuB5.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Abby became a YA in my game today and she'll be heading off to Uni tomorrow. It will be the first time taking a Sim through University for me.
    92bed4f36c1c533b5f9a08ffe2e866a05fd2d51e.jpg
    The birthday party had a really good turnout.
    153285582b518a4f17eea371499d8346e6dfebd2.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top