Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Say hello to Grant Lembeck, everyone. Mother and child are both healthy, as Grant came into the world just after 5 AM on the 5th of Fall.
    FQ4pYxM.png
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Super Dave Lembeck practically danced around the house, singing "Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-basketball, gimme gimme gimme the ball because I'm gonna dunk it!" and eyeing his fridge full of steaks. As a genuine dyed-in-the-wool sports loving bro, the first day of SNBA (SimNation Basketball Association) season, a holiday, was his favorite day of the year.

As if that weren't enough, the Beavers were going to be playing in the Global Series—Game 1 against the Sand Cats was just two days away—and the Dirt Dogs and their "Sacks Fifth Avenue" defense were the talk of the SNFL.

Meanwhile, even though it was a work and school holiday, Grant's school organized a field trip. Kids who went to school, instead of being bored to death in the classroom, would get to go instead to the San Myshuno Seals home opener. Grant, who had aged up to childhood only a day before, after completing almost all of his toddler objectives on Skill Day, caught the bug from his dad, and this would be his first live game.

Meanwhile, Jessie just laughed. Her husband had challenged her—Jessie Charbonneau, the greatest chef in SimNation if not the world—to a grilling cookoff, with several of the neighbors invited over to judge. She'd gone to the Spice District and stocked up.

"You may love the Seals, but they're gonna lose to Flavor Town in the backyard." Jessie grabbed Super Dave's ball right out of his hands, twirled it on her finger, dribbled it between her legs, then pantomimed putting up a shot.

"Bring it on, babe," Super Dave shot back. "I brought my sous-chef."

Danielle Lembeck walked in. "You're goin' down, Grandma."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    For no reason I decided, just rotated in an old save I haven't used in a while.
    zW8yoNk.png
    First I ended up on my sim's farm, Patchy has been living as a human for some time and got a call about inheritance but he couldn't marry her after a while I tried testingcheats true then traits.remove_trait Scarecrow and that worked. The triplets here are their daughters that I often have to keep in their room while they are busy.
    IajMKQd.png
    Moving on to the rest of the pics I thought it was funny for the proposal I had them travel and she put on her Sunday best that she normally reserves for Easter. Like she just knew it was coming.
    sNLad1v.png
    <3
    c4E5uCk.png
    Their dog seems pretty happy about it, that face says "finally..losers."
    hlTyPIF.png
    Then I went to the pancakes and Bob decided they needed another kid so maybe..
    IJpDSK4.png
    Eliza is both happy and prepared to keep trying ha.
    GqtOje7.png
    Don't have much to say here just seemed a pretty picture.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2022
    Surprise!

Moved by the author to the Creative Corner Thread under Legacies and Stories, the Checkered Life of Erik Cantrell.

All for now. Thank you for reading. This was the very first time Erik won something he wasn't nominated for. He has been nominated and not won, but not the reverse. I'm gobsmacked and quite happy about it at the same time. I can't thank those of you enough who gave me the pointers I needed all of this time! Smiling so hard my cheeks ache. :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    This wasn't today, but it was yesterday. I have the base game for my PC, and usually look for mods for it, since I don't have too much for it. I have most of everything for my PS 4, but my PC is older, and can't handle too many packs and expansions, considering I have Sims 2 and Sims 3 on it as well.
    Anyway, I was looking for animal ears and tails to see how it would look on my Sims, while doing so, I came across a Sim version of Ahri league of legends in her K/DA Popstars version. I downloaded her, and put her into my game. I made her the aspiration of being friend to the world, and having romance, self-assured, and music lover. I gave her the name Ahri Fox, but may change it to Ahri Vixen. Her ears and tail disappeared with some outfits, but I was able to give her ears on other outfits. The look was mostly for her everyday form. I moved her into a two bedroom house, and had her explore the area around her area. She viewed a tree, and met a few people outside her home. The welcome wagon arrived, and she went to meet them, She had some of the fruit cake, and hated it. She traveled to the night club afterwards where she met a lot of people, and gave a good impression to those around her. She also learned a lot about the people she talked to, and danced with a few people. When she got home, she purchased an entire series of books to read in the future. She went to bed for the night, and a stopped the game for a bit.
    When I stopped the game, I found the person who made Ahri, and to see if they made another K/DA popstar version of the league of legends characters. I ended up finding Evelynn, and put her in my game.
    I gave Evelynn the romance aspiration, with romance, being self-assured, and materialistic. I named her Evelynn Demon. I moved her in with Ahri, and Evelynn got the bigger room, while Ahri moved into the smaller one. Ahri and Evelynn did not get a long at first, but after awhile, they had a good conversation. After they each made salad, they went to a nightclub, and began meeting new people. Evelynn met Geoffrey Landgraab, and gave him a flirty introduction, which he liked. She also bragged about her possessions, which he also liked. Shortly after, Evelynn and Ahri went to the bar, where Evelynn bought herself and Ahri some drinks. While they were sitting there, Don Lothario came into the nightclub. Evelynn when over to seduce him, and he was receptive to her advances. Soon, the two shared their first kiss together, but I didn't have Evelynn go beyond that. Ahri socialized with everyone while this was going on, and after awhile, both of the went home. They had dinner, and went to bed. The next day, Evelynn bought a new tv, a new more expensive bed, and a double bed for Ahri. She then admired her new property, when Don called. He asked to come over, and she allowed him to. The two flirted, and Evelynn made Don her boyfriend, and then after making out with him, and watching a romantic show, Don went home, Later on Johnny Zest came over to hang out with Ahri. The two hung out, and he went home. Ahri went back to the tree, and she was able to water it, and a short time later was able to compliment the tree leaves on it.
    Eventually, after dinner, Evelynn and Ahri went to bed for the night.
    Also, I have a mod that I may use for Evelynn, so my plan is that Don will be her main boyfriend, but she will have others that will mysteriously disappear. That is more in canon with her, but I don't know if I should use it. I may also have her get a kid from Don, and whatever other boyfriends I may give her, or not have her have kids at all.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @RedDestiny92 I like your makeover for the Pancakes!
    @GalacticGal I think it's even more fun when you when an Accolade that you weren't expecting. Congratulations, Erik!
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 I like your makeover for the Pancakes!
    @GalacticGal I think it's even more fun when you when an Accolade that you weren't expecting. Congratulations, Erik!

Thank you. It was so unexpected, I almost missed the notice!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    I started uploading bits of my story in a separate thread, but I thought I could share the moments I cut out in this thread. Johnny went to the gym with his best friend James, and some fans had recognized Johnny.

One fan in particular really loved what she saw... She stared and screamed at his... uh.. his plump rump.

jsxJgKf.png
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member

q218cma1fd6p.png

My sim drank beetle juice threetimes in a row ...

mzkj9kml38wi.png

... and became a ghost

mm40n1y7l328.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Gagea Wow. How long did it last? Or was it permanent??

• Options
    Grant brought home what his school called a "Behavioral Report Card", something some school admin had dreamed up because if anyone in all of society receives more money to be completely and utterly useless and isn't a politician, it's a school administrator. He'd earned top marks in Emotional Control and Empathy, and with a little work he was well on pace to certify in Manners and Responsibility.

"What's with your zero score in Conflict Resolution? Like, it's not plus-1 or minus-1, it's zero. Like you've done absolutely nothing involving a conflict in your life."

"Well, you and Mom have the perfect marriage—don't blush, it's true, and I love you both for teaching me how to be a good dad when I'm all grown up—and neither of you even have any enemies. Dad, you play pro soccer and even fans of other teams want your autograph. Mom's got everyone in the world wanting to eat her food because it's so delicious. Jonathan's a global celebrity and Dani's almost as good a cook as Mom. Kids at school even like me, except for that one kid who kept stealing my lunch until I put the Poop-O-Lax into the brownie and taught him a lesson. He got over it too!"

"So what you're saying is that you've never encountered a conflict, just like the report card says."

"Exactly. And why would I seek out people with problems when there are so many people who have better lives and want to be around me?"

Super Dave thought this over. "You've got a point, kid. So you know what the real lesson here is, right?"

"That school admins are dumb people who can't get a real job?"

"That's my boy."
    (he/him)
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited December 2021
    Well, I don’t have much to share right now. I’ve been playing, but my gameplay has been sporadic. One development is that Patchy, who is living in Morgyn’s backyard, packed up and left town, tree stump and all. Hope he comes back.

Anyway here’s the reason for my game delay. A local shelter was looking for an adopter for a little 7 month kitty. I caved.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think I experienced a "neighborhood story" for the first time in my game even though it was between Sims in the same household (who also happened to be in the same room at the time). I have a ton of mods, though, so I'm not 100% sure, but Asher (my legacy founder) decided to make up for the incredibly rude and braindead but honest comment that he made to his wife the other day that made me wonder if his marriage was doomed...
    qhqDQR2.png

That popped up while they were busy posing for Winterfest photos (and ruined one of them) so the answer was no.
    8ap1f4b.jpg
    1u6m7jJ.jpg
    TKUm5cE.jpg
    x98YeKD.jpg

I have 16 GB of mods/CC and also started using Reshade, so there's nothing vanilla about my game. Luckily I still don't have any lag B), but to give some credit, I used a lot clothing CC from Rusty, and build CC from Felixandre, and poses from daisylove126.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    @Gagea Wow. How long did it last? Or was it permanent??

I don't know yet. There is no tombstone in her inventory so maybe it isn't permanent.
  • Options
    haneul wrote: »
    I think I experienced a "neighborhood story" for the first time in my game even though it was between Sims in the same household (who also happened to be in the same room at the time). I have a ton of mods, though, so I'm not 100% sure, but Asher (my legacy founder) decided to make up for the incredibly rude and braindead but honest comment that he made to his wife the other day that made me wonder if his marriage was doomed...
    qhqDQR2.png

That popped up while they were busy posing for Winterfest photos (and ruined one of them) so the answer was no.
    8ap1f4b.jpg
    1u6m7jJ.jpg
    TKUm5cE.jpg
    x98YeKD.jpg

I have 16 GB of mods/CC and also started using Reshade, so there's nothing vanilla about my game. Luckily I still don't have any lag B), but to give some credit, I used a lot clothing CC from Rusty, and build CC from Felixandre, and poses from daisylove126.

That looks like the ones I have seen. Not between a couple, but the fact that you're given three choices as answers. I would say that's likely a new one. What fun, and what drama, eh? Love your photos, by the way. Beautiful.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    That's awesome @haneul
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @GalacticGal and @mightysprite - Thank you! <3 I was beginning to think that I needed to stop pushing them together and prepare for a potential break-up which I still haven't ruled out, because he's so odd. For example, they were being nice and she asked, through the Wonderful Whims mod, what he likes/is attracted to (i.e., what do you like about me?) and he didn't describe his wife at all. He described his ex-girlfriend. :'(
  • Options
    @haneul Adelise looks like Triss Merigold fell into a dimensional portal and ended up in a completely different game :smile:

Now then, on with the show...

"How many girls has Grant brought home since he's become a teenager? I swear he's got a different girl on his arm every night, and they're always heading straight for his bedroom. He's just like his brother. Are all the Lembeck men like this?"

Super Dave looked at Jessie, slightly offended. "Just what are you trying to say?"

Jessie realized her mistake and apologized. "Sorry, hon. I know you've been faithful. But everyone except his wife knows about Jonny's catting around SimNation like he's still a bachelor, and now Grant's going through girls like I go through sticks of butter."

"Maybe it runs in the family," Super Dave said, "but the boys never got to see the damage it can do. You know I'm the son of Booger Bob Lembeck, the morning drive-time shock jock from WDOG. But that's using the term 'son' pretty much dictionary only. After all, the only thing the guy liked more than getting drunk off his backside on cheap juice was two-timing every woman brave or foolish enough to let him into her bedroom. And as soon as he found out my mom was pregnant, he was off like a prom dress faster than you can say Jack Robinson. Mom told me everything right before she died, then left me the 20,000 simoleons she had left and packed me off to San Myshuno. Goodbye and good luck, kid..."

"Well true, but that's where you met me."

Super Dave smiled. "Yeah, and it's why I could never stray from you. I don't want to be like my dad. At least Jonathan had the decency to raise his kid, but Nicolette's gonna find out what he's doing one of these days and that'll be game over for him. I just hope Grant gets it out of his system and settles down for real."

Jessie sighed. "I hope so too, because Watcher help us if we have another boy and he goes 3-for-3."

"Getting the empty nest blues already?"

"Maybe. But let's get Grant off to college first. He leaves in what, two days?"

"Yeah. They grow up so fast."
    (he/him)
  • Options
    @haneul Yeah, describing the Ex is a red flag right there. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Reflections

Moved by the author to the Creative Corner Thread: Legacies and Stories, The Checkered Life of Erik Cantrell.

All for now. Thank you so much for reading. And wish this young couple luck. I have no idea what will happen when she gives birth! LOL

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Refections UPDATE

Just found out what happens if a Sim is pregnant while at Uni. She is now packing up to leave, since the school doesn't have the proper facilities to care for a baby. I will be rolling back to the beginning of their Term. Kayleigh will not get pregnant this time, (or I will pause it, which I almost did. This is a HUGE disappointment. I would let her continue her schooling from home, but then leaving students on their own at Uni is highly risky, too. Living slightly off campus is a pain, too. Although I discovered I probably just need to place the Sim at the university when they've got an hour before class, so that they at least arrive on time. This has been an interesting experiment, all-in-all. Consider it lesson learned.

I will be picking up with the very first Uni save, where they just arrived at Dark Wing. If Erik wins again, great. If not, that's fine, too. Wish me luck. Just thought I would apprise you all of what happens when a Sim gets preggars at Uni. Crum-bums that the administration can be. Growl.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Jonathan Lembeck's phone rang. It was an old "friend" from college...

"HEY JOHNNY! I WON THE LOTTERY! EAT YOUR HEART OUT, POOR BOY!"

"Oh, for Watcher's sake, Mick, are you drunk?"

"DRUNK ON MONEY, BABY! WOOO!"

Mick Rooney had won the lottery. And he still held a grudge against the guy who he'd caught woohooing his girlfriend all those years ago.

"So what, you want to rub it in? You think you're richer than I am just because you got a million Simoleons in your account? I'll give you my accountant's number. Nicolette and I have a million-six to our name, and counting. The family net worth—ours, Super Dave and Jessie's, Danielle's, Grant's...we're worth over four million combined. Last I heard, Grant's engaged to Larisa Markov, so he's marrying into the Markov family fortune too. But hey, congrats on getting to one million. I'm sure your mother must be proud of you."

Mick's enthusiasm cooled faster than the Elderberry family in that Britechester blizzard a couple of winters back.

"Oh yeah? Well...I'll...I'll...woohoo your wife!"

"Oh, Nicolette slapping you at the gym the first time wasn't enough for you? You want her to slap you again? Go sing your troubles to Steve Garamonde at the Salt Bay and leave my family alone."

(edit: It just now occurred to me that it was Adam Wheatley, not Jonathan Lembeck, who had gotten onto Mick Rooney's poop list. Whoops! Then again, Ellie's not about to woohoo Mick either...)
    Post edited by ACruelButLovingGod on
    (he/him)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @hanuel That comment is not from neighborhood stories. Do you use Wonderful Whims or the +18 version, because I use the +18 version and that comment 100% comes from that mod.

@GalacticGal Getting pregnant and kicked out at university is really unfortunate, but at least you have a save to roll back to. Good luck!
    Post edited by NightlyCoffee on
  • Options
    @hanuel That comment is not from neighborhood stories. Do you use Wonderful Whims or the +18 version, because I use the +18 version and that comment 100% comes from that mod.

@GalacticGal Getting pregnant and kicked at university is really unfortunate, but at least you have a save to roll back to. Good luck!

Thankfully. I do the Save As with each gaming session. It's nice to know I don't have to Restart from the beginning, which was mostly my only choice in the past few years. Now I only consider a complete restart if the Sims have become corrupted themselves. Yeah, it was jarring to learn she couldn't remain at Uni. That put the kybosh on any fun I had hoped to experience with the parents, aunties and uncles having to juggle to help out. LOL Could have been amazing. But, oh well. EA has their reasons, I suppose …
  • Options
    UPDATED, UPDATE on Reflections

I just had to fess up that I didn't place the students in Dark Wing. I realized that I could alter Wyvern Hall from the map screen. I added a double bed to the corner room that normally Erik occupies with Aaron. This time Aaron and Joey, Jr. will be in the opposite corner bedroom. I placed Brianna, Astrid and Sandi in the other corner bedroom. I changed Sandi's bed to a pink bedspread, then realized after the fact, that it was the same as the third bed. LOL Oh, well. This way most of the kids are managing to get to class. I think that altering or actually switching out the lot from Dark Wing had its own repercussion, same as the PBP Studios.

Word of Caution: Don't be too quick to alter some of the builds that are specific to whatever pack in whatever world. Sometimes bad things happen if you do. :open_mouth:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top