Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    It's always fun when two festivals end up on the same day. We went to the flea market and found that the attendees were also celebrating Sulani Heritage Day.

Rowan had just finished a stint entertaining with his guitar. He picked up a few tips and enjoyed himself so much he thought maybe he wasn't cursed, after all.

POHYunF.png

But there's always that one guy....

SQI0AmH.png

You know, the one that always brings the vibe down...

8HyoGHQ.png

And ends the party early.

aiP5jMr.png

Nah. Rowan is really cursed.

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited December 2021
    I played my Batuu save today. Amy Bell, who is a Resistance Member, had her ID checked in the First Order district. Luckily she had a fake ID and she got away.
    djgHE0b.png

She had a drink at the Oga's Cantina. She's been interested of a guy who works at the bar, but she doesn't know if she can trust him. He's called Talah Praxon. They were eyeing each other suspiciously.
    Xc3mAxe.png
    03ZuWk8.png
    Amy's very attracted to him, but there is no time for a romance yet. She has to concentrate on the Resistance missions.

Amy's droid Roo2 helped her opening the locks on crates in First Order district.
    WhGElE5.png

Amy managed to steal things and mess with the First Order secure door until she got caught.
    LWBwsbW.png
    aDEINbJ.png
    WAaMT89.png

After the interrogation she got free and reported to Vi Moradi.
    oLqdHqd.png

The next day she spent some time talking and sparring with Rey.
    ivFDUvu.png
    tUwioS7.png

Then it was time to get to work again. She took X-Wing and went on new missions to explore Batuu communities.
    yXZESpO.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Figwit - Sorry about the dog in your daughter's game. So sad.

@GalacticGal I'm happy Erik is winning awards for his music! :)

I'm building a business (a café with a dance/music/art/idk studio above it) for my legacy Sims to own. It's unfinished/a complete work in progress and I'll probably change quite a bit, but I felt like sharing the progress I've made so far. It's almost 100% CC (Harrie's CC is so nice). I'm thinking the second floor will be a space for practice? and small performances or art exhibits.

I built the café across from my Sims' home in Mt. Komorebi. I know a lot of Simmers like to rotate households, but instead I have my one household rotate through their small collection of homes :D . This would be their first legitimate business.
    KkDn4wQ.jpg
    cRWWhvG.jpg
    1i1iefH.jpg
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Lunar Seven finally got rid of his Curse of Repulsiveness!

After nearly two sim-weeks of trying to find a solution by experimenting at the cauldron, checking the magic shops, searching for tomes at the Magic Headquarters, and asking the sages to teach him random potion recipes...

Search-Montage.png

... I finally decided enough is enough and handled it in my usual cheaty but story-relevant way. :lol: I moved Lunar's friend Morgyn into a house (no longer a Sage, now working as a lawyer) got the spell books from Debug and had Morgyn gift them to Lunar.

682-Lunar-is-excited.jpg

Morgyn also talked with Lunar about potion mishaps and the dangers of overcharge, and gave him a lot of support.

686-This-one-is-a-potion-The-Potion-of-Curse-Clensing-It-s-very-powerful.jpg

688-Morgyn-wishes-Lunar-the-best-of-luck.jpg

Lunar learned both the Decursify spell and the Potion of Curse Cleansing, but since he's uncomfortable with Untamed magic he decided to try the potion first.

698-He-bottles-some-up.jpg

He made several excellent quality potions, and solved his problem. Now he's all set if it happens again.

701-But-he-drinks-every-drop-Just-like-the-instructions-say-to.jpg

So life is back to normal for him. For the moment. I'm planning to age baby Tranquility up to toddler in about one more season. Lunar's already realizing he's going to need to find a different room to do yoga in, since the nursery is filling up with toddler stuff in preparation. :joy:

714-Feeding-Tranquility-before-work.jpg

723-This-routine-really-makes-him-feel-good.jpg

Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited December 2021
    I am very proud of myself. I've made it through one sim-year of 14 days seasons on the Long lifespan. My sims found out they were expecting a son on Legacy Day*!

*Legacy Day is a holiday on my game's calendar and is the anniversary of the day I started playing the save. First day of Fall.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    @hanuel that's a pretty cafe, seeing stuff like that always makes me want to build.

@Lucy_Henley that's always fun a busy family can see a lot in that time.
    MNAAu8e.png
    My current couple before they were a couple, going through uni cause why not.

If you played ts3 university he's based on Cid, one of the students you can meet in the uni world.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @haneul That cafe is very beautiful!
    @HillyBeth Congrats! I love that your sims found out about their baby on Legacy Day. It's kind of poetic in a way.

I spent the last 6 weeks working on a new starter save for myself, and I'm finally done. I have all new the lots built and playtested. I have all my townies in homes and assigned roles. Every townie has skills, bonus traits from Parenthood, relationships, jobs, preferences... pretty much everything I could think of to really flesh them out. I made supporting cast of characters for my main sim to mingle with, too.

I'm going to be starting a legacy with Johnny again, but I'm doing things a bit differently this time. Instead of being from the foster care system (to "explain" why I never made a family for him), I actually gave him parents and grandparents and really fleshed out the backstory for him (and his family).

I was thinking of making a thread for my story in the Creative Corner as a way to help me better keep track of what's going on, but I don't really know what to do. I'm just relieved I'm finally finish setting up the world and now I can go back to my favorite thing... gameplay!
    @NightlyCoffee I am in awe of that much prep-work. That's really cool!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @GlacierSnow It's good to see Lunar Seven finally get rid of that curse. I've not played with ROM at all, so I'm curious as to how often curses occur. Is this his first time being cursed? Seems like it was a big hassle.

@RedDestiny92 Thank you! Cute couple. I like the way the room seems to be split with dark colors on one side and pink on the other.

@NightlyCoffee Thank you and congrats on getting things set up with your save. It sounds like it was a lot of work. I can rarely even be bothered to fix the ugliest of townie outfits, and it takes me a month to build a single home, so I'm always impressed by people who take on lots of lots and households and things.
    I was thinking of making a thread for my story in the Creative Corner as a way to help me better keep track of what's going on, but I don't really know what to do. I'm just relieved I'm finally finish setting up the world and now I can go back to my favorite thing... gameplay!
    I don't have any thoughts on where/how you should post, but I look forward to the new legacy with Johnny. Will there also be new versions of Desirae, Emiliano, and the rest or will those around Johnny mostly be different? :)

This thread seems to have ironically turned into more of a serial what happened in your game thread than the other thread… Hmm.
    @haneul This was Lunar's first time being cursed, but I've had other spellcasters get cursed before. In those cases, they had already learned the necessary dispelling spell or potion recipe, so getting rid of it was easy. Lunar had a hard time because he hadn't come across the right tomes yet. He's paranoid and a loner so he always gets tense in public spaces and I don't have him go to the Magic Realm very often. Then, he kept having bad luck when he would go try to find the tomes, since which tomes you can buy at the shops or find in the headquarters bookshelves is random on each Magic Realm visit. I'm pretty relaxed about cheats and short-cuts (use them frequently in fact) so the only reason I had him go through all that was that it felt right for his story to have him be so stressed out about it. Otherwise I would have just gotten him the books via debug cheat in the first place. Sometimes I run with what the game throws at me and sometimes I say "nope, not happening" and put things back how I want them. Just depends on the story.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    haneul wrote: »
    This thread seems to have ironically turned into more of a serial what happened in your game thread than the other thread… Hmm.

Just wanted to comment here. I think it's kind of hard for a lot of people to talk about what happened in their latest game session without giving some story detail and background for context because that's just the kind of game the Sims is. And if they are only playing one save, the next post is likely to be a continuation of the story they talked about earlier. So I think it is only natural that the thread has kind of drifted that way.

But what I like about this thread is that it feels looser in terms of not having to tell a story or keep people updated. I play a lot of different saves, and within many of those saves I play a lot of different households. So I love having a place where I can just share little bits and pieces of random whatever (some of which end up being parts of a story) without feeling obligated to keep posting updates about the same story all the time. I think the other thread intended to be that way too, but when I used to go look at it, it was almost intimidating how deep into their stories a lot of the posters were, when all I wanted to do was share one little amusing incident, so this thread feels more inviting to me. Just something to think about. Curious what others think.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    haneul wrote: »

Just wanted to comment here. I think it's kind of hard for a lot of people to talk about what happened in their latest game session without giving some story detail and background for context because that's just the kind of game the Sims is. And if they are only playing one save, the next post is likely to be a continuation of the story they talked about earlier. So I think it is only natural that the thread has kind of drifted that way.

But what I like about this thread is that it feels looser in terms of not having to tell a story or keep people updated. I play a lot of different saves, and within many of those saves I play a lot of different households. So I love having a place where I can just share little bits and pieces of random whatever (some of which end up being parts of a story) without feeling obligated to keep posting updates about the same story all the time. I think the other thread intended to be that way too, but when I used to go look at it, it was almost intimidating how deep into their stories a lot of the posters were, when all I wanted to do was share one little amusing incident, so this thread feels more inviting to me. Just something to think about. Curious what others think.

That how I see it. My game play is one over arching story, and I sometimes have to put that into context with my posts. But I’m not sharing the full narrative, here. Just snippets here and there. The other thread definitely has more of a “continuing story” feel with ages of backstory already behind it. It kind of feels like being dropped in the middle of one of those daytime soaps you’ve never seen before. I hope people can read one of my posts here and enjoy it on its own without needing to know everything about my game for the last 3 years. But, unless we’re just posting randomness, there’s going to be some kind of narrative.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I tend to let my Sims tell their story. I snap pictures here and there and from that I develop just what it is that happened. I have to fill in a lot of gaps, but I'm only playing the one save at the moment, so I fall into that category where I pick up where I left off, so to speak. Sometimes, there's a lot more gameplay that I don't share. But, if I'm uncertain about where I left off, I will go back and read what I've already posted so as not to overlap too much. But context is important. There are new players who visit this thread, I would imagine, all of the time. I know I would be hard-pressed to go back to page one and read everything all the way to the latest page. I certainly don't expect newcomers to the thread to do that, either. Besides, I've restarted more than a few times with the same 'cast', as it were. Should someone come along and read all that other stuff from previous iterations, they may well be confused. :open_mouth: If I don't mix things up a bit, I know I can get confused. LOL I've got a plot-point developing at the moment where a couple of pictures I snapped previously will fit into nicely. I just wish I wouldn't start doubting myself. But that's the life of a writer. You get that thrill of an idea, until you start picking it apart. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited March 2022
    Misdirection, Disinformation or Just Plain Fake News Part One

Moved by the author to the Creative Corner Thread: Legacies and Stories under The Checkered Life of Erik Cantrell.

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @GalaticGal I love that you're trying something new with Erik and Kayleigh this time. It's exciting to see what happens next!

@GlacierSnow I think you summed up how I feel perfectly.

I've been playing TS4 for years, but it's only been fairly recent that I started sharing little bits of my stories. I wrote and shared fanfiction (really bad Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy fanfiction) when I was in middle school and high school over 15 years ago, but then I got hit with a severe case of writer's block. The Sims 4 has rekindled that love I have for storytelling. I felt like this thread seemed more inviting to start dipping my toes back into storytelling.

I only ever play one save and one family, so everything I post is always a continuation of what is happening in my story. I try to post a little detail about what's happening in their lives, but I always worry about posting too much. I'm just happy that there's a place where one can post about the lives of their Sims, and I enjoy reading both the small bits and pieces and the story-heavy posts.

@haneul Thank you! Your post is really encouraging! I'll mostly keep Johnny's friend circle similar. As far as Emiliano, he will definitely be Johnny's other half. At this point, I see the two characters as soulmates so I can't imagine them not together in my story. I kind of wanted to reimagine how they met and choose a different career path for Emiliano, but his backstory would be very similar. As far as their child, I'm not sure that Desirae will return. I like the children born to be random, so I may not have a girl this time around. It'll be up to the game to decide what they have.
    @NightlyCoffee Thank you. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I have to admit I was a little shaky about it, at first. But it's very hard to keep all of the other stories/plots that have already played out, until the saves busted, straight. That's why I have to go back, sometimes, to see what I wrote on this particular save. Then I have that, "oh, that's right, that happened in the other save, not this one", revelation going on. Unless my mind is just turning into mush. :open_mouth: I am glad you liked it. :) I find myself excited for your new save in the works. As for keeping the cast similar, I see no problem with that. When I first got Erik untethered from the actual Legacy Challenge where he was my Founder, and able to pursue an actual singing career, he went through several female Sims looking for his Soulmate. I even created at least five Sims in CAS, making their personalities and looks different and then plunked them into my game save. Getting him to meet any of them was a challenge all by itself. Some he got on quite well with and one he almost married after they broke up and got back together again, showed her true colors. She really didn't like children and she was selfish and didn't wish to share Erik with his fans. So much so, she ended up beating one up! It was a mess. When he found Kayleigh, originally, she had a Toddler. Erik was in a bad state of mind. His fiancée suddenly disappeared. I wrote that she left the ring with a note that simply said, "I'm sorry." Erik was a wreck. So, after he'd gone through at least five female Sims, and ended marrying Kayleigh in the long run. I was so enchanted by their relationship that I determined she's the keeper.

Good luck on your redraft, if you will. Looking forward to it!
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Eliza Pancakes ate breakfast at the table, but no screenshot will be provided because this is the non-cereal story thread.

Meanwhile, her son Hugh reached childhood after spending a solid day running around the house so that his legs would match the development of his brain. As he did his homework ahead of his first day of school, his mom finally got around to socializing with him a few times—something she'd rather noticeably neglected when Hugh was a toddler.

Eliza was, frankly, a wreck. Between Simo lying to her about loving her and leaving her with a kid, her husband Bob taking his own life rather than raising another man's child, and her having to sell off most of the art and furniture in the house just to pay the bills, life was terrible for her.

But it was OK for Hugh, so it wasn't a total loss. Lucky for Eliza, Hugh was the independent sort and practically raised himself.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    @haneul sure thing :smile: They did end up being dolls I really liked their dorm room but I like moving my students into student housing so it was a treat for them.
    kFVTrLw.png
    While looking for a house for them I remembered this build from 2015 and saw I left the photos up pretty sure I've noticed that before but it was interesting thinking, I don't know if the couple made it up on the gallery or if I made them when I didn't have internet. Happened a lot back then, anyways that's not really the interesting part just that I don't remember their names or their kids but I do remember their story, he was doing well as a doctor and started cheating on her with one of his coworkers and she would never know I lost them somewhere in there. How these simmie's business stay with us.
    Dv7x9fa.png
    Also I like the new hair we got isn't she pretty ? :smile:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Eliza Pancakes ate breakfast at the table, but no screenshot will be provided because this is the non-cereal story thread.

:joy::joy::joy: Thank you for that. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited December 2021
    Mike Hanson sat at the bar at the Salt Bay where Steve Garamonde served up the drinks. After perhaps one too many, Mike said to Steve, "hey, do you know Eliza Pancakes?"

"Can't say as I've met her. Heard about what happened to her husband though. All of SimNation heard about that one."

"Well, let me tell you something...

"I'm seein' this girl and she might be out of her mind
    'Cause she's got baggage and it's all the emotional kind
    She talks about closure and that validation bit
    I don't mean to be insensitive but I really hate that..."

Steve cut in. "...whoa, I see your point. She's that bad?"

"I don't know why she's messed up. I don't know why her whole life is a chore. But I wish she'd do me a favor and check her baggage at the door."

"Tell you what, Mike. Finish your drink, go home, and..." Steve handed Mike a business card, "...give Cassandra Goth a call. She fills the fun meter and leaves her personal problems at home. Might be good for you. I hear she's got reasonable rates, but I wouldn't know personally. Mae would kill me if I tried anything like that."

"Thanks, man," Mike said as he stumbled out of the bar, drunkenly belting out Offspring lyrics as he lurched down the street toward...what might be home, but who knew with how drunk Mike was? He might just march into the harbor.

Steve, meanwhile, sighed. "What is it with people singing me their problems? Did I miss something? Is Drew Carey going to give me a bunch of points that don't matter after this?"

*OOC: Hugh's a child now. His mother has deepening emotional problems completely beyond my capacity to comprehend...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    @haneul sure thing :smile: They did end up being dolls I really liked their dorm room but I like moving my students into student housing so it was a treat for them.
    kFVTrLw.png
    While looking for a house for them I remembered this build from 2015 and saw I left the photos up pretty sure I've noticed that before but it was interesting thinking, I don't know if the couple made it up on the gallery or if I made them when I didn't have internet. Happened a lot back then, anyways that's not really the interesting part just that I don't remember their names or their kids but I do remember their story, he was doing well as a doctor and started cheating on her with one of his coworkers and she would never know I lost them somewhere in there. How these simmie's business stay with us.
    Dv7x9fa.png
    Also I like the new hair we got isn't she pretty ? :smile:

Seeing the hair on your Sim makes me like it better. Originally, I was unimpressed with it.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited December 2021
    Tom Greene was about to age up into a young adult and he baked himself a cake, but his mother Sally took a slice of it before he put the candles on it.
    kwcoG3A.png

Tom applied to university and some scholarships. Afterwards he visited his father J. Huntington and told him.
    TIh6rHe.png

Tom and J. went to a dinner in Brindleton Bay restaurant. It was thunderstorm in Brindleton, as usual, and Tom got struck by lightning. :#
    GIX8XGV.png

They ate salmon. Tom looked a bit crispy. :D
    FIJN532.png

The next day was Tom's birthday. His mom congratulated him in the morning.
    nRHLy3H.png

Later that day he had a birthday party.
    Ug9XyBy.png

I also aged up Tom's girlfriend Amie, because I didn't want her to be a teen when Tom is a young adult.
    nTAslm0.png

It was finally time to eat some birthday cake. :smiley:
    XiOfgv8.png
    A day in the life of Morgyn Ember...

Just as he was going to bed, another one of the representatives from the Spirit Coalition turned up to impress him... by cleaning his house.

2NflbRK.png

When he woke, she was still there, so they had a nice chat about the Guidry-Albert proposal before she left.

rvWcMAO.png

Then Patchy came in for a dance party

ZEiRWXS.png

And Morgyn ended the day watching the puppy movie. It's his favorite.

akMCiQr.png
    @GalacticGal ah yes they have a lot of hairs like that, you just have to test them out.

QjkM4wq.png
    They are hopeful about their new place, I remodeled a build of mine for them.
    yw4nmfk.png
    They both got one another a graduation gift, her's is obvious, something pink that would go with most of her outfits...him? The bracelet doesn't scratch easy.
    :D
    h3fGkPs.png
    Anyhow since Angie is my computer engineer I thought she should get to work doing some computering....l didn't say I was smart lol.
    MKGeM28.png
    He takes his skilling so seriously, I believe the description says he's in the branch of the military no one talks about or something of the like.
    ivFDZZD.png
    I thought they were glitched but they got their diplomas in the mail after a couple of days, I noticed just as I was sending him to work, I often cheat sim skills when I need to but they seem to like working on them.
    nE5oo4Q.png
    I also had him investigate Bess after all the money he's given her to start up her "Business" they bought the house with some of the earnings she gave him in return...trying to take her in, shady man. Real shady.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Hugh Pancakes aged up to a teen, fresh off a run as the superstar pupil of his elementary school and young jack-of-all-trades in the Junior division of SimNation's skill accreditation agency. He'd even earned himself a gold scouting trophy to go with his many accolades.

But one thing always bugged him growing up...his name.

"Mom? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, kid, what's on your mind?"

"Why did you keep your husband's last name when he died? And why didn't you give me my dad's last name? Why wasn't I Hugh Koivonen? I'm not Bob Pancakes' kid, everyone in SimNation knows that."

Eliza was flummoxed...and terribly sad, in equal measure. She started crying.

"Sorry, Mom, I didn't...I mean...I'm just curious, y'know?"

Eliza composed herself. "Your real father was a monster. You know how you have eight brothers and sisters and except for two pairs of twins, none of them have parents who are related in any way to the moms...McKinley Trevino, Madelyn Stafford, Quinn Nixon—Watcher rest her soul—even Nancy Landgraab..."

"Yeah...and aren't their kids all named after their moms too? But most of their moms are single. It's just you and Mrs. Landgraab who were married."

"Well...I guess I just wanted the Koivonen name to die, just like all those other moms did. We have a support group to share in our shame and try to get over it, you know."

"OK, but why Pancakes? I mean, I could ask Mrs. Landgraab 'why Landgraab', but we all know that's because of money and because she and Mr. Landgraab kinda hate each other, but..."

"Well, I was still married to your father, and..."

"What's your maiden name anyway? I don't think you've ever told me."

"O'Riordan*. It's an Irish name. That's where I—and you—get the bright red hair."

"I'd like to take it as my last name. Legally. It doesn't make much sense for me to be a Koivonen, and there's no legacy in being a Pancakes, so...can I be Hugh O'Riordan from now on?"

Eliza smiled through her tears.

*if there's a canon maiden name for Eliza Pancakes, I'd love to hear it, otherwise this sticks in my simworld.
    (he/him)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top