Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's 3rd Hunger Games Mafia (Day 3)

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    By the way, EMMM stands for Eenie meenie miney mo. LOL. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm just waiting to see how this game works. First timer. So is there any point in anyone even talking, if it's just pick one out of the 4 at random and see who gets the most votes? But somehow it's not as purely random, later, right?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just waiting to see how this game works. First timer. So is there any point in anyone even talking, if it's just pick one out of the 4 at random and see who gets the most votes? But somehow it's not as purely random, later, right?

Of course we have to talk. Cuz we need to know why a person is voting for another person, etc etc and then we can decide whether this person is a townie or a mafia just trying to get rid of a townie.

Usually on the first day, it could be random since we don't have much info to go on, but I also like to wait till later on to see other people's posts and then change my vote before the day ends and stuff like that.

You probably also want to pick the person out of the 4 who you think is the bad guy and not just pick a random person cuz of you're a good guy, you would not want to lynch someone innocent.

Anyways, what do you think of City saying "hey folks" after the Day 1 started. She seemed so casual even tho she's on the list. I think she would have tried to maybe convince us she's not bad, right? If she's good? LOL.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Honestly, I think that's overthinking it. You can't know one way or another, whether it was just the first poke in the water because someone had to. You could as easily make the argument that a longwinded greeting would be more cause for suspicion than a short one. But I think there isn't even a point in speculating based on so little to go on. This first vote is strictly Russian Roulette, and any value-judgements any of us place on what they are likely to say, are in our own heads, just projecting, unless someone really acts odd, but most people aren't so simple-minded as to stick out that way in a situation like this.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly, I think that's overthinking it. You can't know one way or another, whether it was just the first poke in the water because someone had to. You could as easily make the argument that a longwinded greeting would be more cause for suspicion than a short one. But I think there isn't even a point in speculating based on so little to go on. This first vote is strictly Russian Roulette, and any value-judgements any of us place on what they are likely to say, are in our own heads, just projecting, unless someone really acts odd, but most people aren't so simple-minded as to stick out that way in a situation like this.

I mean, yeah, it could be overthinking but I've seen some people acting friendly at the beginning and they turn out to be bad. XD I'm not saying City is most likely bad but here, what I'm doing is I'm asking you questions to see your thoughts and to know you better.

I just think City should have said more than just 'hey' since she's on the line today. 🤷‍♀️ And somehow she's just gone now so we gotta wait for her.

You can ask me stuff too if you like.

Thanks for coming to TED talk.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Yeah, that's pretty much it. First day is usually a shot in the dark. Recently we moved away from not lynching anyone on day 1 because that doesn't really give us much information. If we lynch someone, we can usually analyze how people behaved the previous day based on what we found out

Although this setup is more difficult for town because we only find out a person's district, and not their alignment. Although we're at least sure whoever's from the Capitol must be President Snow, and that Katniss is also in the game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Yeah, that's pretty much it. First day is usually a shot in the dark. Recently we moved away from not lynching anyone on day 1 because that doesn't really give us much information. If we lynch someone, we can usually analyze how people behaved the previous day based on what we found out

Although this setup is more difficult for town because we only find out a person's district, and not their alignment. Although we're at least sure whoever's from the Capitol must be President Snow, and that Katniss is also in the game

So Icey, what do you think everyone's who's posted so far?

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Still on the fence about you. I know you do the EMMM as either alignment. I feel like I can get a better feel later on

Nushnush is new, so they're a wildcard too.

I think City only posted a short greeting, so IDK

I might vote a random person later to spice things up 🌶️🌶️🌶️
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

Still on the fence about you. I know you do the EMMM as either alignment. I feel like I can get a better feel later on

Nushnush is new, so they're a wildcard too.

I think City only posted a short greeting, so IDK

I might vote a random person later to spice things up 🌶️🌶️🌶️

I kinda think maybe Maxie and Rosebud are bad (cuz I wanna trust my EMMM), which means I would need to vote for Rosebud, but we kind have this 'rule' where we shouldn't vote for a new player on D1. So I don't know what to do now. XD

And I don't wanna vote for you cuz you're a good town player and I always don't know how to read City on Day 1.

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    khelopcgameskhelopcgames Posts: 1 New Member
    http://khelopcgames.com/
    This a gaming site for all
  • Options
    I'mma just do it. I might change my vote since I'll be online before Day ends tomorrow.

Vote: Rosebud

Rosebud, defend yourself!! (Just remember you cannot claim your character or district today.) I think you cannot claim the district...

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I randomized among the 3 players (excluding me of course), and I got

Vote: Lyfe

Subject to change later on. :D

• Options
    Also, I thought DeKay was just being cheeky at first, but it seems like she has a post restriction today :D

• Options
    Also, I thought DeKay was just being cheeky at first, but it seems like she has a post restriction today :D

I wouldn't be this persistent if I was being cheeky.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sorry I'm late to the party! Sleep is so time consuming.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Sorry I'm late to the party! Sleep is so time consuming.

Sooo, you got any comments/suspicions after reading back...?

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    So what's the advantage in voting early? It's more like a nomination. Then other people will likely vote more for whoever they thought got more votes, and change their votes to join (or in some cases, actively oppose) whatever the group is trending toward. I guess someone has to vote sometime, and the point of it is the social interactions algorithms in our brains that drive people (and things that appear random in nature) to clump and aggregate? Now I'm overthinking it. But I feel so wrong, just throwing a name out there for no other reason than I'm supposed to pick one and none are more likely than any others, to be mafia. And if I were Rosebud, I would be hesitant to "defend" myself since a) I couldn't, not really, and b) anything I said would be fodder for everyone's imaginations, cross-examinations, and reading into things.

*eats popcorn*

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    So what's the advantage in voting early? It's more like a nomination. Then other people will likely vote more for whoever they thought got more votes, and change their votes to join (or in some cases, actively oppose) whatever the group is trending toward. I guess someone has to vote sometime, and the point of it is the social interactions algorithms in our brains that drive people (and things that appear random in nature) to clump and aggregate? Now I'm overthinking it. But I feel so wrong, just throwing a name out there for no other reason than I'm supposed to pick one and none are more likely than any others, to be mafia. And if I were Rosebud, I would be hesitant to "defend" myself since a) I couldn't, not really, and b) anything I said would be fodder for everyone's imaginations, cross-examinations, and reading into things.

*eats popcorn*

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. We don't have much to go on for day 1, but if the votes start piling up, we can observe how people behave. So that's the advantage of voting on day 1 lol

Btw, where is everyone else?

• Options
    B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    hey everybody hows it going. i'm very new to mafia style games so plz take it easy on me lol .. but a quick question eventhough im one of the tributes that you guys have to vote for am i allowed to vote too
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    B_lyfe919 wrote: »
    hey everybody hows it going. i'm very new to mafia style games so plz take it easy on me lol .. but a quick question eventhough im one of the tributes that you guys have to vote for am i allowed to vote too

Yes, you are still allowed to vote, it's just that you are one of the 4 that can be voted today.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    I'mma just do it. I might change my vote since I'll be online before Day ends tomorrow.

Vote: Rosebud

Rosebud, defend yourself!! (Just remember you cannot claim your character or district today.) I think you cannot claim the district...

Correct. You cannot claim at all on D1.
  • Options
    Current Vote Count:
    Rosebud (1)- Dekay
    Lyfe (1)- Icey

Day ends in about 5 hours and 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Quick question for the tributes and all players who are new like me, because the rules are long: does it break the rules for a tribute to talk with any other players in private chat about the game (without disclosing anything about their role or anything else), but still mentioning the game?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I realize time is running short and I have to vote. I'm thinking of rolling a d4 (4-sided die) and just entering the result. So it won't be personal, no matter in any direction. I do feel for whoever is out of the game as soon as they enter it. That wouldn't be much fun for anyone.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Quick question for the tributes and all players who are new like me, because the rules are long: does it break the rules for a tribute to talk with any other players in private chat about the game (without disclosing anything about their role or anything else), but still mentioning the game?

Yeah, for Mafia games in general, you're not allowed to talk about the game in private if at least one of you is still alive in the game.