Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's 3rd Hunger Games Mafia (Day 3)

1789101113...Next

Comments

• B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    ohhh snap we won !!!!!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    See? I really was town. But huzzah for us!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Well, there you go. I"m gonna have to hit up that high school girl to teach me how their little lunchtime game of mafia goes, so I have a better idea...this was 100% foreign to me. If the only way to learn it is to play it, I'd like to experience it again. Will try to keep my lip zipped more and not be so annoying.

I'd say the only way to learn the game is to actually play it. Plus, forum games are a bit harder since it's harder to tell if someone is lying or not and also mafia has a lot of hours per day phase to manipulate people.

Tho, I think from this game, you already kinda learn how the game is like, right?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    By the way, I made the lemon meringue pie yesterday. <3

lif6Hv7.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sweet, we won!
    funny-gifs20.gif

DeKay wrote: »

lif6Hv7.jpg
    Wow, that is beautiful, Dekay! I'm so impressed! And how was it? Was it worth the effort? :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Sweet, we won!

Yep. Hoping to get a chance to try it again and maybe learn the game a little better.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Well, there you go. I"m gonna have to hit up that high school girl to teach me how their little lunchtime game of mafia goes, so I have a better idea...this was 100% foreign to me. If the only way to learn it is to play it, I'd like to experience it again. Will try to keep my lip zipped more and not be so annoying.

I'd say the only way to learn the game is to actually play it. Plus, forum games are a bit harder since it's harder to tell if someone is lying or not and also mafia has a lot of hours per day phase to manipulate people.

Tho, I think from this game, you already kinda learn how the game is like, right?

Maybe. Certainly a better idea than before playing it. Though it is still mystifying to me how people base their assumptions on what seems to me, thin air. Everyone was so sure I was doing all these things I wasn't, and I really wanted to understand how they got from point A to point B, logically. Had I been actively trying to deceive, that would have been different. But I wasn't, yet still people were deceived.

Maybe I will get to play mafia at some point and gain better understanding of it from that perspective.

xicwqMCm.jpg

lif6Hv7.jpg

OMG <3<3<3 THAT LOOKS AMAZING

lif6Hv7.jpg
    Wow, that is beautiful, Dekay! I'm so impressed! And how was it? Was it worth the effort? :)

It is pretty good. ^^
    B_lyfe919 wrote: »

lif6Hv7.jpg

OMG <3<3<3 THAT LOOKS AMAZING

Thanks!

Maybe. Certainly a better idea than before playing it. Though it is still mystifying to me how people base their assumptions on what seems to me, thin air. Everyone was so sure I was doing all these things I wasn't, and I really wanted to understand how they got from point A to point B, logically. Had I been actively trying to deceive, that would have been different. But I wasn't, yet still people were deceived.

Maybe I will get to play mafia at some point and gain better understanding of it from that perspective.

Well, the only reason we have to make assumptions out of thin air is cuz if we don't, the game won't be moving and we will have to wait for mafia to start night killing people to get more hints. And before you know it, it's already too late. But by making assumptions at the beginning of the game, sometimes it can trigger someone else to speak up. And when they do speak up, then it's easier to tell if they're bad or good.

Now, I don't know how you think since you didn't say much about your assumptions or your suspicions on people, but I'm pretty also in your head, you would try to make out who's good or not even tho you don't have full confirmation, correct? That's exactly what we do here in mafia games. We say out loud our thoughts (unless you're bad and you're hiding something then. LOL).

Of course, for mafia games, there's no easy way to know if you're accurate or not. Even I'm not 100% sure about my readings often. You just have to go with your gut feelings sometimes! :) But you'll get the hang of it the more you play and see how others play and interact with each other.
    832XG3D.gif
    but I'm pretty also in your head, you would try to make out who's good or not even tho you don't have full confirmation, correct?

I have a hard time thinking of it as being an advantage to use "gut" in a situation like print only, where I would expect just about anyone to be able to lie easily without tells. Not as many people are that good face to face, but almost anyone should be able to lie convincingly in print. But I do look forward to getting to know this game better.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

lif6Hv7.jpg

Let me just reach through the screen... and grab... the pie...
    funny-gifs20.gif

So since you guys have been so warm and welcoming of me i was wondering if i can throw an idea out there. i was thinking about trying to star a contest of some sort. I was think either a sims top model with a twist or a Rupaul style drag race where u only use male sims.. tell me you ideas and what you think ... and maybe let me kno if you would like to colllab with me on it.. trust it would be so much fun
    B_lyfe919 wrote: »
    So since you guys have been so warm and welcoming of me i was wondering if i can throw an idea out there. i was thinking about trying to star a contest of some sort. I was think either a sims top model with a twist or a Rupaul style drag race where u only use male sims.. tell me you ideas and what you think ... and maybe let me kno if you would like to colllab with me on it.. trust it would be so much fun

I don't really participate in those types of things but I think the Rupaul drag race one sounds cool!
    832XG3D.gif
    I'd think the Drag Revue would be more interesting.

xicwqMCm.jpg