Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's 3rd Hunger Games Mafia (Day 3)

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    So what's the advantage in voting early? It's more like a nomination. Then other people will likely vote more for whoever they thought got more votes, and change their votes to join (or in some cases, actively oppose) whatever the group is trending toward. I guess someone has to vote sometime, and the point of it is the social interactions algorithms in our brains that drive people (and things that appear random in nature) to clump and aggregate? Now I'm overthinking it. But I feel so wrong, just throwing a name out there for no other reason than I'm supposed to pick one and none are more likely than any others, to be mafia. And if I were Rosebud, I would be hesitant to "defend" myself since a) I couldn't, not really, and b) anything I said would be fodder for everyone's imaginations, cross-examinations, and reading into things.

*eats popcorn*

Personally for me, voting early will make the person look more townish since it's super scummy for a bad guy to vote some random person first especially if the person they voted turns out to be lynched and is a townie. Mafia usually tends to join in (we call it 'bandwagoning' when a vote starts to pile up). And since they join in, they can 'blend in' with other people making it hard for the townies to pin point them if let's say the person we voted out turns out to be a townie.

Tho, in this game, it will be hard to tell since we won't be revealed the person's alignment, but only their district.

That being said, I'm not saying that I'm town or mafia or third party here since I voted early. I just tend to vote early either way so it's not easy for others to figure out whether I'm bad or not. 😂 So it's up to you to figure that out yourself.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    So what's the advantage in voting early? It's more like a nomination. Then other people will likely vote more for whoever they thought got more votes, and change their votes to join (or in some cases, actively oppose) whatever the group is trending toward. I guess someone has to vote sometime, and the point of it is the social interactions algorithms in our brains that drive people (and things that appear random in nature) to clump and aggregate? Now I'm overthinking it. But I feel so wrong, just throwing a name out there for no other reason than I'm supposed to pick one and none are more likely than any others, to be mafia. And if I were Rosebud, I would be hesitant to "defend" myself since a) I couldn't, not really, and b) anything I said would be fodder for everyone's imaginations, cross-examinations, and reading into things.

*eats popcorn*

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. We don't have much to go on for day 1, but if the votes start piling up, we can observe how people behave. So that's the advantage of voting on day 1 lol

Btw, where is everyone else?

Should we just lynch one of the quiet ones whether they're new or not? 😁 I mean, there's like 4 new people in this game. We can't just let them pass for a day. 😩

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'll let them know in case they don't see this, to stop it. And I will not out them by name, either. That would be evil.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I'll let them know in case they don't see this, to stop it. And I will not out them by name, either. That would be evil.

To stop what? You mean to be active here?
    I mean, we can just tag the ones who haven't posted here yet. That helps too. There's nothing evil about it. We only have like less than 2 hours more tho.

Thanks for coming my TED talk.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Oh, never mind. I guess you were talking about the people talking about the game in private. I didn't see your post there before that.

Tell them they can discuss here instead. 😂 And if they are new, it's better to just post here so us old ones can help since we know the game better. LOL. Haha, I feel old. You can also PM the host if you have any questions which you would think is not a good idea to talk about it here openly.

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    So Nush, would you wanna try to convince me you're a good guy? Just anything without claiming your district or role. I know you are not one of the people on the voting list, but I kinda wanna know in advance... So I can look into you next time, if I survive the night. LOL.

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Quick question for the tributes and all players who are new like me, because the rules are long: does it break the rules for a tribute to talk with any other players in private chat about the game (without disclosing anything about their role or anything else), but still mentioning the game?

Yes, it is against the rules to private message about the game. All posting must be done here do that I can gauge activeness. The mafia can private chat in the chat I made for them, but that's the only exception.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    Okay, I think City is probably a townie cuz I remember she said when she's scum, she would try to be more active. 😂 And her inactivity here def will not look good for her if she's mafia.

Icey... I think he's okay, for now. I'd like to think he's town. I think if he's mafia and his mafia buddy is inactive (since there are quite a few inactive people here), I think he would look a bit more frustrated... Unless of course, if he's mafia with Nush. 😂😂

Rosebud... hmm, I don't know. Did they even post anything when the game started? I don't remember seeing her post on day 1.

Lyfe, well, they only made one post which is hard for me to decipher what it means. It could go either way cuz it's a pretty neutral post.

So, I guess I will just stick with my Rosebud vote and hope for the best. 🙈

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Okay, had to run do something but back in time to vote. I literally tossed a 4-sided die after putting the names of the tributes on paper in order, 1-4. I rolled a 2, which was Icey.

So: It's nothing personal.

Vote: Icey

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, Dekay...sure, I'll post something, but it's not supposed to be about me, but about the role I was assigned, right? In which case in the event it's a town role, I would just try to sound like a good guy, and in the event it's a mafia role, I would do the same. But I know zilch about Hunger Games so can't try to speak as if I were the character in question...which would be fun, but would be a foolish thing to do if the character were a mafia one, because that would be a dead giveaway.

So what do you want to know?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    So the game closes at 7 my time tonight in 5 minutes, and we all stop talking til...7 pm day after tomorrow?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, Day ends in...well 4 min now. XD
  • Options
    Is Maxie still playing? Haven't heard a peep from her. Or most people.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_uAWmyKRIg
    Final Vote Count:
    Rosebud (1)- Dekay
    Lyfe (1)- Icey
    Icey (1)- Nush
  • Options
    Rosebud has been Lynched.
    Rosebud was a Tribute from District 3.
    Please check your PM's cause instructions for the banquet may come your way. If you have to do something, and you dont send anything, it will be randomized. Just so everyone knows. Remember, there is a possibility we will not have a banquet tonight.
    It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 6pm CST on 12/11/18.
    Happy Hunger Games, and May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.
  • Options
    @MaxieMix This is to inform you that if you do not post during Day 2, you will be kicked from the game, and replaced if possible.
  • Options
    So the game closes at 7 my time tonight in 5 minutes, and we all stop talking til...7 pm day after tomorrow?

Yeah, we can't talk about the game now during the night but you can always just post something off topic here if you'd like. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Hi GG

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Where is that gif from @DeKay???

• Options
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Where is that gif from DeKay???

It's from a band called Wildways.
    At 3:55.
    https://youtu.be/QAS7sl7Q6gk
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Does anybody just seriously crave cheese all of a sudden? I'm really craving a string cheese... it's weird.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Does anybody just seriously crave cheese all of a sudden? I'm really craving a string cheese... it's weird.

Nope.

But I went to this book fair and they had this pop up cafe and on the menu, they had lemon meringue pie and I have always wanted to try that. But then they said they don't have and I got mad and threw a little tantrum. 😂 So now I'm gonna get some ingredients to make my own. 😩
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Anyone wanna start a fite!! >:)

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Anyone wanna start a fite!! >:)

Now I wanna listen to P!nk... and I can't start a fite cause I"m going to bed.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Oh wow weekling

• Options
    Sure, Maxie, let's go! >:)

xicwqMCm.jpg