Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's 3rd Hunger Games Mafia (Day 3)

Comments

• Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Thanks, and sorry for asking. you're patient.

Dont be sorry. It's your first time. Thats what we're here for.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Okay so I have to go find the list of roles. Where was that again? A few pages back, on this thread?

Hehe, found anything? :D

Also, I think you might be town. Right? I hope I'm right. XD

At this point, I really have no clue who the mafia is; I usually am better than this but with all the quiet people, it makes it hard to read everyone and to get a good gauge even on the others who have posted a lot. :\
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm not allowed to tell you, right? I can't even tell you whether you're right, right? So how would you gauge, if I'm just talking as me? That's the part I don't get: if I were not town, but still talked exactly the same way, how would anyone be able to tell? Role-playing as the character we were assigned would give it away if we did it well, so we're not supposed to do that, (or are we?) Does the description of a character ever come into play, or is it like a nonfunctioning object in TheSims4?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not allowed to tell you, right? I can't even tell you whether you're right, right? So how would you gauge, if I'm just talking as me? That's the part I don't get: if I were not town, but still talked exactly the same way, how would anyone be able to tell? Role-playing as the character we were assigned would give it away if we did it well, so we're not supposed to do that, (or are we?) Does the description of a character ever come into play, or is it like a nonfunctioning object in TheSims4?

I believe we can claim now. So you can tell me if you like but beware cuz then the mafia would want to kill you at night if you have already revealed yourself.

You can tell me if you're town, no need to say your character if you don't want to. Or you can also share with me your district.

That's the fun part about mafia games, you have to be good at catching who's lying. You don't have to roleplay as the character and honestly, I don't like it when people do that cuz I feel like they're trying to distract me from thinking they're the bad guy. >:P

The character is just a name, it's not that useful but the role or ability is more important in mafia games.

I don't really know how to explain a mafia game but maybe I can link to you a short game here. It's about 3 pages: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963978/roses-sadomafiosochism-mafia-town-win/p1

XD

You can also go the Masterlist and read back previous games if you have free time:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957451/mafia-masterlist-last-updated-11-25-19/p1
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

I believe we can claim now.

Yes, role claiming is allowed now. :)

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't have any information from my role. I also don't want to say too much about my role and give the Mafia too much information
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I don't have any information from my role. I also don't want to say too much about my role and give the Mafia too much information

You sure you are mafia? :P
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

*or not mafia, rather.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Aw, it would be good fun to roleplay my role. Would it be safer to just give my district? And if mafia are active at a separate time from town, how is it possible for them to be as hidden spies in the other's time, participating in conversations? I realize that everyone would know who was on what team if we were all segregated that way, in which case we must not be...so..?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Aw, it would be good fun to roleplay my role. Would it be safer to just give my district? And if mafia are active at a separate time from town, how is it possible for them to be as hidden spies in the other's time, participating in conversations? I realize that everyone would know who was on what team if we were all segregated that way, in which case we must not be...so..?

I mean, you could roleplay. I'm not gonna stop you. But just know that I might think you're doing that to distract me and the others. :P I rather people focus on finding the bad guys and just type the way they would normally instead of putting on a different persona and also trying to find the bad guys, you know what I mean?

Mafia in this game know each other. They have their own Private chat. Yeah, they might not be active at the same time but that's why a day and night phase is 24 hours so it's enough time for people to get on to chat here and also in the PM if they're mafia.

Also, all other conversations are on this thread and nowhere else.

Did this answer your question? Cuz I'm not 100% what you mean. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Also, townies do not know each other, obviously. It's our job to find out who the other townies are while also trying to figure out who's lying and vote out who we think are bad.

Don't forget about the third parties too which could be bad but I know some of the third party roles possible in this setup are not so harmful.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yes, Dekay, that was actually very helpful! But if mafia all know who each other are, then they already know who isn't mafia, so there's nothing to hide! I must still be missing something important. I need this explained in a logical diagram, with if-then-or statements and such. Sigh.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Gonna have to study the rules on page one again.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

I don't think I've played with Ice as scum before, but this seems scummy to me.

Also, sorry I haven't been as active this game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

*or not mafia, rather.

I'm not.

I'd also like to hear more from other players. Like maybe...

Vote: City
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Yes, Dekay, that was actually very helpful! But if mafia all know who each other are, then they already know who isn't mafia, so there's nothing to hide! I must still be missing something important. I need this explained in a logical diagram, with if-then-or statements and such. Sigh.

Here's a summary of what a common mafia game is like:

Mafia know each other. They know who's not mafia. Their win condition is to survive and conquer more than half of the population (so like 2 mafia vs 1 townie at the end, and it will be game over for town). If they tell everyone they are mafia, obviously the townies are gonna lynch them off (voting during the day). Mafia also can kill people at night.

Townies don't know each other (I'm not counting in special roles that allow them to know other people's roles or alignment etc). Their win con is to kill all the mafia and avoid voting off townies as best as they could.

Third parties are on their own. They have their own win condition which I won't get into cuz there's like a lot and I don't wanna confuse you.

Does that makes sense?

Just imagine a mafia game is a mystery game, like Cluedo. If you are the bad guy, you won't want to tell the others you are bad, so yeah, you have to hide your true self and pretend to be good. And if you have a buddy, you gotta help each other out but at the same time you don't want it to look too obvious or the townies are gonna know something's fishy.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

*or not mafia, rather.

I'm not.

Don't you think mafia City would be a bit more active? :O
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

*or not mafia, rather.

I'm not.

How about Nerd tho? You're a bit less strict with them even tho they only made 2 posts throughout and City only made 1.

Vote: Nerd

I don't think I've played with Ice as scum before, but this seems scummy to me.

Also, sorry I haven't been as active this game.

I don't think it's super scummy. It just makes it look like he doesn't want mafia to kill him. But this doesn't confirm to me that he's town either.

Anyways.... what do you all think of me? :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Or should I vote Maxie if she still doesn't come on? @MaxieMix Last chance to join in.

Will Maxie get a replacement if she doesn't come on today, @TheRoseHorse ? Or mod killed?

Cuz I'd rather she doesn't get replaced. It's too late in the game now to be replaced for it to be an advantage for town, in my opinion. And if she's mafia, that's gonna be bad. Mafia always gets away easily when they are replaced. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Gonna bring this back to get some discussion going.
    wCJMOBn.jpg

If I'm gonna go on a limb here, I'mma say Icey, City and Nush are not mafia. But I'm not super confident about this. :(

Okay, I'll shut up now. :P
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Or should I vote Maxie if she still doesn't come on? @MaxieMix Last chance to join in.

Will Maxie get a replacement if she doesn't come on today, @TheRoseHorse ? Or mod killed?

Cuz I'd rather she doesn't get replaced. It's too late in the game now to be replaced for it to be an advantage for town, in my opinion. And if she's mafia, that's gonna be bad. Mafia always gets away easily when they are replaced. XD

Yes. If @MaxieMix doesn't say anything, they will get replaced. I have a replacement on standby.
  • Options
    Or i could just Modkill if it is better. What do you think?
  • Options
    Or i could just Modkill if it is better. What do you think?

You're the host, you decide. XD If the replacement is gonna be super active, I might give them a chance. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I'll let them replace. I'm so tired, idek why I'm still up
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm sorry for being so inactive everyone, lemme read back
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg