March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

EA_TomEA_Tom Posts: 13 New Member

Have you ever wondered what it’d be like to be famous? Like, really famous? Like millions of fans, crazy awesome mansion, movie star famous? Well, your Sims are about to get that chance! The Sims™ 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack* releases November 16, 2018 on PC and Mac, and we couldn’t be more excited to share this completely game-changing news with you. We’re gonna give you an overview of what to expect (plus a surprise or two), so be on the lookout for lots more to come! If you just can’t wait to get your hands on some Sims fame, pre-order here.

Lifestyles of the Rich and Not Yet Famous
One of the most exciting parts of this expansion pack is the new world! Say “hello” to Del Sol Valley, which is home to A-listers, up-and-comers, and everyone in between. The residential area is split into two parts: Mirage Park in the flatlands with modestly-priced homes, and The Pinnacles, high in the hills and fit for the rich and famous. Plus, your Sims can explore the park, nightclub, and other awesome venues. But if you think any and every Sim can get into these places, think again. Sims might not be on the list for some destinations. But there’s always a chance they can convince a bouncer to let them in. If not, cheer up. The more famous they become, the easier it will be to slide into the most exclusive parties.

And . . . Acting!
Watch out Starlight Boulevard, because your Sim was born for the red carpet. The shiny, sparkling acting career has arrived, and a rags-to-riches story is bound to happen. First, your Sim will join the active acting career. From there, it can be a whirlwind of fun and fame, as long as your Sim keeps up with all the demands. Practicing acting, staying up on social media, and joining a talent agency are all part of the journey to stardom. And, the bigger your bank account gets, the more awesomeness you can unlock, like flaunting your wealth with a money “phone.” I mean, your Sim earned it, right?

The best part is you can join your Sim on their acting journey. Follow your Sims to acting gigs on the Plumbob Pictures studio lot where they’ll be transformed in the hair and makeup chair, rub elbows with the director, and act in an award-winning performance. Will your Sim risk going big during a scene, or play it safe to get the job done? More on that soon, Simmers!

There’s so much to share with you in the coming weeks, but we can’t sign off without mentioning a few special cameos coming to this pack. First up is Baby Ariel, a talented real-life signer and social media maven! Catch her around town and listen in as she performs songs in public places. And did you spot any Game Changers in the reveal trailer?

Are your Sims ready to gain fans, followers, and even awards? The Sims 4 Get Famous releases November 16, 2018 on PC and Mac. In the meantime, check out The Sims 4 Forums, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for all of the latest. Sign up for The Sims 4 newsletter to get updates, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email and get Grim's Goulish Guitar for free!

*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. See minimum system requirements for this pack
Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Sounds interesting.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Yes, yes, YES.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    This sounds.....AWESOME!!!!!!!! Late Night was one of my favourite expansion packs, so really excited for this one. And even better that we get to join them on their careers :smiley:
  • simbreeamaazingsimbreeamaazing Posts: 16 Member
    I'm super excited about this and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it in the coming weeks. I love that you all are including that we can actually participate in the acting career like in Get to Work, and that there's a level of exclusivity in the public places in this new world. Otherwise, I'm wondering how it will stand against the "Rise to Fame" mod that is already out there. I'm looking forward to hearing reviews from other Simmers!
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Im excited
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Well the expansion has made news in Newsweek....the article gives you an idea what to expect. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/sims-4-get-famous-expansion-pack-release-date-november-1160332?amp=1
  • Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    This sounds like it could be fun! I personally dont like my sims getting famous, nor have i truly gave it a chance. Maybe in a future game ill have a famous sim. If you can get that on Sims 3 that is. ill look it up haha
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Can't wait!!!
  • CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    This looks awesome!
  • HistoricKiwiHistoricKiwi Posts: 63 Member
    Yes, I am VERY excited for the new pack!

I always love playing rich and ‘imagine’ my family to be a famous household like the Goths and Landgraabs - now my imagination can come true!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Gentrify me!!
    Oh hamburgers!
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I’m so ready for this pack!!! Eeekkk! :#:#
  • rosietea03rosietea03 Posts: 22 Member
    Oh I'm so keen!!! Yes EA bring that Sims 3 Night Life! Wig Flown.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4

Maybe it will come next year. I was waiting for University myself but I MAY get this in the future.
  • Pancakes5680Pancakes5680 Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone know how the movies are going to work? Do players get to decide what goes on in the movie (plot, interactions, sets, ect.), or are the movies preset. Also, if the movies are preset, after a while, won't sims be acting in the same movies/gigs over and over again? I feel like that would get really boring.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    I don't care at all about fame, but the costumes are awesome and the furniture looks nice too. I'm hoping to see a little more that interests me than that, though. I agree that bands and more instruments should be a thing in this pack. If those things got neglected, then this really doesn't look like it has that much for an EP.
    #Team Occult
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm already sold but it's not because of the active acting career. I personally don't like going to work with my sims. What I do like is how you can be an internet celebrity or popular from being a live streamer. That's a nice touch.