Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Don't want to get too hyped but I'm certainly looking forward to this. TS1 Superstar was one of my favourites and I'll resist the tempatation to compare since this is TS4, but this is definitely my type of pack and I love active careers as they are so much more involved. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    LinxLinx Posts: 5 New Member
    I love the idea of my Sims becoming famous, but will they be able to become singers too? I'd love to have a band or a girl group, but maybe we'll have to wait for all that. It's not too clear yet what it is we exactly get in this pack. So, fingers crossed for singin
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    From what I have seen not worth $40.00, will probably get for my granddaughter for Christmas, doesn't look like something I will get for me. I just wish it came out closer to Christmas, still waiting for a sale to get my copy of seasons.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    From what I have seen not worth $40.00, will probably get for my granddaughter for Christmas, doesn't look like something I will get for me. I just wish it came out closer to Christmas, still waiting for a sale to get my copy of seasons.

there was one recently, I don't know whether it's still ongoing..
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    RilexiusRilexius Posts: 112 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is pretty cool! I never played the "fame" expansions before, so this will be new for me, can't wait to try :)
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    pinkish wrote: »

there was one recently, I don't know whether it's still ongoing..

It was on Friday when I purchased seasons.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Sounds good for one of my characters family but I do wish there was a singing career but this will work if not.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    Active acting career? A celebrity system? Bouncers? *crossed fingers*
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    This is so exciting!!! The acting career is the one I’ve missed most since recreating all of my sims in Sims 4 that I used to play in Sims Freeplay. I found a few acting mods, but I’m always nervous that my career mods will break in a patch and that the content creators will stop updating them. I loved that I could go to work with my actor/director sims in Freeplay, so I can’t wait to play this career in the EP. Also, very happy about the new world! It will fit perfectly into my storyline for a few of my entertainer sim families. I’ve been wanting more large lots.

I wonder if the limo in the trailer (and what looked like a garage in the Maxis Monthly livestream) means cars are coming in the expansion or at least in the near future. So excited to see the full EP!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    they are indeed costumes. the first one is based on 'creature from the black lagoon' and is seen in various color swatches in different places. here it is in the trailer, the actress in the costume having lunch with other actors from different movies/shows:

f9a4284ceac797b40d34ec7476994928.png

if there were actually going to be lifestates in the pack, it would have been mentioned already

dem chaps doe

I wonder if there is a pair without the jeans. >:)
  • Options
    This is so exciting!!! The acting career is the one I’ve missed most since recreating all of my sims in Sims 4 that I used to play in Sims Freeplay. I found a few acting mods, but I’m always nervous that my career mods will break in a patch and that the content creators will stop updating them. I loved that I could go to work with my actor/director sims in Freeplay, so I can’t wait to play this career in the EP. Also, very happy about the new world! It will fit perfectly into my storyline for a few of my entertainer sim families. I’ve been wanting more large lots.

I wonder if the limo in the trailer (and what looked like a garage in the Maxis Monthly livestream) means cars are coming in the expansion or at least in the near future. So excited to see the full EP!

They have said that they haven't made them yet.. and not said if and when they're coming

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    kalaksed wrote: »
    they are indeed costumes. the first one is based on 'creature from the black lagoon' and is seen in various color swatches in different places. here it is in the trailer, the actress in the costume having lunch with other actors from different movies/shows:

f9a4284ceac797b40d34ec7476994928.png

if there were actually going to be lifestates in the pack, it would have been mentioned already

dem chaps doe

I wonder if there is a pair without the jeans. >:)

how did I know you'd make a comment like this.. CC will do it for sure!!!
    (I only say that because I was very close to making a similar comment aha)

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    No music or singing careers? No drums, no spiral stairs for the stars to walk down, no stairs with landings? No cars or garages? No fire station or fireman career, No famous chief career, who could cook for the stars. I can wait, but I probably will get it for the build items at some point.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Has everyone forgotten that we have the ENTERTAINMENT career that came with the base game, plus, with CL, we have the singing skill and can begin writing songs at level 8. While I can't say for sure that Skills earn fame, the entertainment career will and it will make your sim famous.

Your sim can become famous in any of the games careers if you want, so, yes @vcosley, your chef can become famous like Gordon Ramsey.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    vcosley wrote: »
    No music or singing careers? No drums, no spiral stairs for the stars to walk down, no stairs with landings? No cars or garages? No fire station or fireman career, No famous chief career, who could cook for the stars. I can wait, but I probably will get it for the build items at some point.

And no guns, how do you have a western without guns?
  • Options

Gurus have said that fame will be additional to the careers already in the game.. you can be a famous painter, author, chef (etc)

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It seems like it would be interesting. Gives us more opportunities for story telling and adding more to the game play (though I say we still need a story progression, a way to drag needs and a chemistry system),etc.....

I want to know to know more about it. Would the celebrity system be better than that in Sims 3 (like they don't just get noticed by working on skills; but depending on the career they are pursuing? It makes more sense that way)? Can we create bands? That is what I am waiting for (well that and an Island getaway).
  • Options
    There are no bands in this pack. It is centered on the acting career and gaining fame in any other career and the new reputation system that will affect every sim.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    So exciting!! I made several posts about an acting/directing career. So I’m super happy about this!! Everything looks great! I love the new town and the fact that we can see our sims acting in the studio or directing a film. I just hope my entire town doesn’t end up being famous just by becoming a friend of a celebrity off a few interactions, like in sims 3. Can’t wait for the new pack!! :smiley:
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I hope their successes will depend more on their ratings than their skill level.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Also, did I just see Izzy From sims mobile as a costume designer on the set? :smiley:

I like that I’ve been seeing things from Sims mobile come into Sims 4 game. o:):D
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Now that my initial excitement, In having a wait and see moment about this pack. I’ll have to see how the movie content and the fame system looks before deciding when to buy this (like at release or wait for the sale).

I’m just feeling deflated about lack of super-modeling career (like back in Superstar) at the moment. Hopefully seeing more interesting info will pump me back up again...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Daniela_SophiDaniela_Sophi Posts: 4 New Member
    This came out of no where!
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    edited October 2018

It’s still early I don’t think they would cram that much in a teaser trailer lol
    The trailer is very appealing I hope it lives up to that “vibe” they have created I love late night and the celebrity system it did need tweaking but I was enjoyable regardless, and I really hope you get at least 3-5 paps following you around as apposed to just 1 creepy pap.
    The limo was an eye opener ! It was stationary outside a building I don’t even want to hype over it I’m just going to wait for further info on the games structure.

It’s great to see this fame is linked to existing careers I really hope this will add more depth to the careers my sims already have. We defenitly need something to keep working on to with more rewards to give more reason to keep playing and invest more time into.

Excited for this let’s hope it’s not a let down
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    [quote="drakharis;c-16768817"]Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do. [/quote]

I would prepare for the worse. They already let modders know they are updating Python which will break every script mod. Who knows what else that change will bring to the overall game as well.