Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Will we get movie theaters in this pack?
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    It sounds dumb, but I hope we get higher privacy fences! We don't have many in the game at the moment. And big gates (like TS3) would be great too.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Taking a wait and see approach. Best to see what more info comes out, whether from EA or other folks, and the bug reports here in the forums of course. The BB side has possibilities if we get full access to the goodies. If the shown sword fighting can be done in places other than movie sets some medieval simming might be possible as well. In addition, we may have been given a tip off on the general release time of the patch, since they generally come before pack release.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Does anyone know how the movies are going to work? Do players get to decide what goes on in the movie (plot, interactions, sets, ect.), or are the movies preset. Also, if the movies are preset, after a while, won't sims be acting in the same movies/gigs over and over again? I feel like that would get really boring.

Probably a lot like the Superstar worked. Only this is a hands on career if you want to play that way and like those careers things and sims are already in place. In superstar you performed what was offered from a variety of settings.

Also for those asking - there was no bands in Superstar - but there were recording studios.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

LiELF wrote: »
    I don't care at all about fame, but the costumes are awesome and the furniture looks nice too. I'm hoping to see a little more that interests me than that, though. I agree that bands and more instruments should be a thing in this pack. If those things got neglected, then this really doesn't look like it has that much for an EP.

There is a list on the Guru's tweet thread I believe of more trailers and Guru's discussion and guide about this coming EP. So yes much more info coming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• IndrewIndrew Posts: 77 Member
    Makes me want to load up "The Movies" and play some before release. Would be kinda cool if any functionality of that game is in this expansion. Writing scripts, directing movies/tv, award shows, etc. Even making movies/shows that can be seen on the tv's in game would be pretty snazy. I guess running a studio would be out of the question, but one can dream.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Sounds exciting and pretty close to what I was asking for on this forum and others! So far, I can't wait to see more! Also, I was hoping that a new world came with this career as well and there is! It's great to see that with these added careers of Social Media Influencer (or um..rather Marketer) and Actor it feels like Sims4 is staying on trend with some of the most popular and glamorous career tracks right now. Btw, I hope a Future themed pack and University pack (or patch) are coming in the future before they move on to Sims5. As always, I hope there are no additional major or annoying bugs that come along with these expansions and upcoming patch.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    Can't wait!
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
    edited October 2018
    Sounds exciting and pretty close to what I was asking for on this forum and others! So far, I can't wait to see more! Also, I was hoping that a new world came with this career as well and there is! It's great to see that with these added careers of Social Media Influencer (or um..rather Marketer) and Actor it feels like Sims4 is staying on trend with some of the most popular and glamorous career tracks right now. Btw, I hope a Future themed pack and University pack (or patch) are coming in the future before they move on to Sims5. As always, I hope there are no additional major or annoying bugs that come along with these expansions and upcoming patch.

Grant said today Sims 4 has MANY YEARS of content to come - so if I was you I would not worry of Sims 5 very much as I have a feeling those additional three years for Sims 4 may be increased. Either way with 3 more years you should see the eps you want anyway for 4 - but I really have a feeling it's going to be round much longer than people think. Keep in mind Sims 4 has no limits. It's a smart technology thing. They can just keep upgrading it like they are doing and have done - unlike past systems.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited October 2018
    To Writin_Reg:

That's good to know! :)
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    I always enjoy the celebrity packs, nothing beats "Sims 3: Late Night" though.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    You know, this would be so good for my sim Kassandra.. IF SHE WASN’T DEAD. Still so hyped for this!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I'm assuming this means a new world also?
    edited October 2018
    belpita wrote: »

Yes- see the trailer. You get a glimpse. On the first post of this thread.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    belpita wrote: »

Yes- see the trailer. You get a glimpse. On the first post of this thread.

I have watched the trailer, but it didn't say. It does however say in the blog post: Del Sol Valley.
    I wonder if the fame will be evident in the other worlds also. It could be interesting to play a famous Sim, who is able to go home to their old hometown and be anonymous for a break.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this. I wish I had the time off from work to catch the upcoming live stream.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • PattyDee1943PattyDee1943 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sounds like a great addition!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this. I wish I had the time off from work to catch the upcoming live stream.

I need to correct myself. I can catch the November 2nd live stream. I'm on a five-day weekend then.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • derby77vderby77v Posts: 2 New Member
    is there two occults in the game because I saw them or is it a custom outfit or somthing
  • NerdishgeekNerdishgeek Posts: 1 New Member
    I am looking forward to this i hope it will offer some great build items with it.
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Can't wait this sounds awesome
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    derby77v wrote: »
    is there two occults in the game because I saw them or is it a custom outfit or somthing

They might be costumes? I saw the "sea" like monster and then the other outfit which has been described as kinda "fall out" like.. but seen as it was shown "on set" - I have a feeling that they might just be outfits? (just speculation)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they are indeed costumes. the first one is based on 'creature from the black lagoon' and is seen in various color swatches in different places. here it is in the trailer, the actress in the costume having lunch with other actors from different movies/shows:

f9a4284ceac797b40d34ec7476994928.png

if there were actually going to be lifestates in the pack, it would have been mentioned already
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    they are indeed costumes. the first one is based on 'creature from the black lagoon' and is seen in various color swatches in different places. here it is in the trailer, the actress in the costume having lunch with other actors from different movies/shows:

if there were actually going to be lifestates in the pack, it would have been mentioned already

dem chaps doe
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

dem chaps doe

wouldn't be a true western without them!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman