Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Does anyone know how the movies are going to work? Do players get to decide what goes on in the movie (plot, interactions, sets, ect.), or are the movies preset. Also, if the movies are preset, after a while, won't sims be acting in the same movies/gigs over and over again? I feel like that would get really boring.

I want my Sims to produce there on movies. Like costumzie the set and pick the cast and their outfits, pick the crew - somthing like running a restaurant system
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope we can use the movie set to record music videos like we did in Superstar.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChieftaindrakeChieftaindrake Posts: 7 New Member
    I can actually say I'm pretty excited for this! Nothing I love more than new game mechanics-- it keeps my mind busy!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    You know, this would be so good for my sim Kassandra.. IF SHE WASN’T DEAD. Still so hyped for this!!

Time to make some ambrosia, if she's a ghost.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    is there a list of new furniture or items that come with this pack
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    nothing yet, we likely won't see that until the embargo is lifted. but, a few of the build/buy items were spotted in the terrain tools stream. i made a list of those, but didn't take pictures because things kept looking grainy when i tried. someone did get a decent shot of the golden toilet, though

incoming lazy copy/paste from the thread i posted it in: (these are scattered throughout the stream, as they work on building or showing off various things. only the foundation actually gets displayed, the rest stay as little thumbnails in the catalogue. and there is more than is listed being provided, of course. these are just what were spotted)

1 new foundation
    2 new stairs
    1 new floor tile pattern
    2 new sinks
    2 new gates
    1 new door
    1 new roof texture
    2 new brick/stone wall patterns
    1 new toilet (this one, of course, was already tweeted about, with a screencap of it)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    JurnéEnds wrote: »
    is there a list of new furniture or items that come with this pack

Here is a schedule of info events. As you can see, 11/9 will show the new build/buy objects.

Important dates to learn more about Get Famous!

10/22 @ 8 AM PT - SimsCamp Embargo Lifts
    10/26 @ 11 AM PT - Acting & CAS Live Stream
    11/2 @ 11 AM PT - Fame & Reputation Live Stream
    11/9 @ 11 AM PT - Del Sol Valley & Build/Buy Live Stream
    1:59 PM - Oct 9, 2018
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    Ahh can't wait for this !! So excited , but any news on witches :D ?
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can we get a sneak peak at the Fame and Reputation UI? Can't wait to see the fame and reputation UI.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Probably not going to happen but, can your pets become famous? Like Grumpy Cat?
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Probably not going to happen but, can your pets become famous? Like Grumpy Cat?

I'd like that too. If somebody here is on Twitter for the "Get Famous" stream could they ask that please?
  • ThalmorThalmor Posts: 52 Member
    I really hope they don't just have the fame system for sims in acting, I hope sims in top leveled careers like Entertainment, political, Astronaut, etc. are also affected by the system, AND it can be turned off for certain sims if that doesn't suit the gameplay.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Thalmor wrote: »
    I really hope they don't just have the fame system for sims in acting, I hope sims in top leveled careers like Entertainment, political, Astronaut, etc. are also affected by the system, AND it can be turned off for certain sims if that doesn't suit the gameplay.

We don't know about the last part, but we do know that fame is available to Sims in other careers and also in ways not connected to careers at all. More info here :)https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949273/get-famous-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mrg719mrg719 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @EricasFreePlay said:
    > latricenl77 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe it will come next year. I was waiting for University myself but I MAY get this in the future.

agreed....great - but disappointing. University Pack or Boarding school in addition to public elem-High school would be nice. I have to go back to Sims 3 to have my Sims go to University :( what about my Sims 4 sims? They feel they are getting the short end of the stick.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

No, they can't. Graham confirmed it yesterday.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited October 2018

No, they can't. Graham confirmed it yesterday.

All I can say then is GRRRROWWWLLLLL :'(:#

On the other hand I have saved myself $40 to get something else.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm buying iy because I'm not doing what I did with TS3 and tried to play catch up with all the stuff. I am going to wait a few weeks to see if it goes on sale like someone above suggested.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Exciting stuff!! I can't wait for new stuff to decorate with, new clothes, hair, ooooh the film backdrops are amazing!! It will all be so fun!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Beyond excited for this pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I really am not excited about this expansion pack, I did not like it in the other games. I am being optimistic though and hope that they do a good job and make me happy I purchased it. I will purchase it as there seems to be a progression in the game that makes all the packs necessary and in order. I don't know just seems that way to me that all packs flow with the others to form one whole.

Anyway, I am glad that there is so much enthusiasm for the pack as that means that maybe some content that I would love will be in the future. Wish there was a pack coming out that I could be this thrilled about as it has been a long time between packs. Maybe next time.
  • raniyahdjraniyahdj Posts: 2 New Member
    will the kids of celebrities become famous too like in Sims 3? If so, will private school be returning? We can't have our famous kids with regular kids. Beyonce would never haha
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they've already said kids will be able to have some aspects of fame (and i believe 'children of famous sims' was mentioned in that). as for the private schools, we'll just have to see. only real info we have for kids/teens so far is the drama club, which will most likely work similarly to scouts from seasons
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Private schools will probably come in an Education pack, not a fame pack.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    OMG! This sounds AMAZING! I was a huge fan of Super Stars in the original The Sims game, I tried to make the Sims 2 do something similar with custom content, I enjoyed The Sims 3 Show Time, so this new expansion sounds like it's going to be great. I've already pre-ordered it and I think this is the first expansion for this iteration that I have done so. I really hope this is the one expansion that brings me back to being a "full-time" simmer again! Thank You Maxis!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    And I can't help but wonder- is acting the only career? Will there also be director or musician careers? And for the acting career, is it a generic acting career or can you be a part of a specific genre, or a reality tv star? Is there a child actor option? These are just things that I'm wondering as I'm considering pre-ordering. I hope more information is released in advance, like I said before I would love to hear Simmer reviews.

I hadn't thought about a musician career! I do hope that is something they included in this pack. I love that idea, especially if we can go to work with our sims to see that. I have already pre-ordered. I needed no time for thought or consideration on this concept!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8