Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    AnjaTheSimsFairyAnjaTheSimsFairy Posts: 14 New Member
    I´m so so excited for the new get famous pack :D it will be so much fun to become a actor !! And also the free update with the fashion carreer
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited October 2018
    @belpita I posted a Newsweek article on Get Famous on the first page of this post, there will be a new world. One neighborhood of the world will be mansions with all the glitz and glamour and “Mirage Park” is supposed represent the “bottom”.
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    This came out of no where!

I suppose it could be argued that we could expect something like this at some point since it's so often asked for, but you're right, this was a surprise. So much the better, I love surprises. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Can I also be the director, or the makeup/hair person? What about a grip? Or a model? Is the only new job an actor? Because there were a lot of interesting potential jobs in that trailer. And not every sim can be on the big screen, but you can still become famous for being behind it. Stella Simbeirg anyone?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    I was definitely expecting a Supernatural Pack though, and I see no genies in this version. So I'm a bit surprised, but that probably means that they're working hard on making the supernatural expansion awesome. I hope they read everyone's posts on it.
    Let's see what fame does to our sims. :wink:
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4

I have #mixedemotions as well. I mean the pack sounds cool and I'm interested in playing it but I really wanted University.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks for the info about cars @PastelMermaid. I also just stumbled across an article with tweets from sim gurus stating we won’t receive cars this year. I’m glad they made that clear. I hope it’ll keep simmers from getting their hopes up, and then being disappointed on release day. I’m still super excited about the EP even without cars. The cc I’m using will do for now.
  • Options
    And I can't help but wonder- is acting the only career? Will there also be director or musician careers? And for the acting career, is it a generic acting career or can you be a part of a specific genre, or a reality tv star? Is there a child actor option? These are just things that I'm wondering as I'm considering pre-ordering. I hope more information is released in advance, like I said before I would love to hear Simmer reviews.

I didn't even think about child acting, or the different acting roles, like soap actors. That would be awesome. And it'd be pretty much the first thing that we could follow along with kids on. This promo made it seem very Hollywood bent. But there was that commercial, and then the show, and movie looking sets. I was thinking it was just like a level in a career, you start with commercials and work your way up. But it'd be ALOT more fun if you could also choose those individual acting types, as a career. Like become a nationally syndicated commercial actor. Like the "can you hear me now?" guy. Or become a telenovela/soap star? Or focus on movies, indie, Bollywood, Hollywood, genre based, etc. And then have a basic Acting career, where you choose to go up, like you're climbing the fame ladder. Do your dues as an extra, book a commercial, work up to a recurring guest role on a tv show, land a tv show, land your first movie. And then manage your fame. Focus on movies or tv. Oh maybe you could have your own talk show too. Or become the lead in a really popular show, become a producer of that show, and keep it airing, and milk any sequels or spinoffs.
    Write your own scripts. Add play acting too. Get involved in all the facets of fame, and production.
    *Sigh* Yeah...that'd be awesome.
    Maybe we could actually become best selling authors, have book signings. Fans. Maybe there could be fan groups/clubs. Based on movie characters, or fans of one actor's work/writer's.
    Soo many possibilities, I hope they don't screw it up by picking only one thing, and making it the focus of the whole pack. Like it's a stuff pack or something.
  • Options
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4

I have #mixedemotions as well. I mean the pack sounds cool and I'm interested in playing it but I really wanted University.

University would be awesome too. Supernatural, (myb some Superheroes), University, World Travels, New Careers/Hobbies, Some Generations EP where we can actually go to school and clubs would be awesome. Some focus on Teen Romance, Childhood Crushes, looking up to your hero. The first year of marriage, having anniversaries even if aging is off. Family time focus. Treehouses you can play in, and those like the ones in my Supe thread that you can live in. I wanna see a lot of stuff. I'm not set on this Sims 5 that's been bandied about for years. I wanna milk Sims 4 for all it's worth.
  • Options
    Cellini2point0Cellini2point0 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @aprilrose said:
    > latricenl77 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have #mixedemotions as well. I mean the pack sounds cool and I'm interested in playing it but I really wanted University.

Not alone. I saw it and went "meh." It has like one aspect that has me excited [other careers able to become famous] but the rest of it feels so empty. The new CAS & build objects look interesting, but they aren't enough to have me jumping up and down in excitement. Nor is the possibility that this only has one career. This looks more like it should be a GP than an EP. We can only wait & see if it'll be something worth purchasing in the future or not.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I play a version of The Time Lord Challenge and, with this pack, I'll be able to create a story scenario on the larger lots in different time periods using the set pieces and costumes for my Time Lord to visit. It will be tons of fun.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not sure I fancy this pack, basically because I feel being a famous actor is a tad unrealistic. However, if the homes in the new world are amazing and the pack doesn't cause the game to spawn a certain creed of sims, I may be tempted.
  • Options
    Elmo39Elmo39 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm super excited!! Like always! <3<3
    Can't wait to get my hands on this new pack!
  • Options
    davok1davok1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really can’t want for it. Do hope they make also a lot of beautiful new clothes and especially shoes, like good high heels . Just something I miss in the game. But very excited!🤗
  • Options
    GvaudoinGvaudoin Posts: 17 Member
    Awesome! I love the look of the new world and CAS-items. The game-play reminds me a lot of The Sims: Superstar.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Despite whatever.. I will always be excited for any pack or additions in a Sims game just because The sims is my life :D
    Well.. ok.. maybe... except vampire/supernatural packs, but then Im still interested, cause of new features, improvements and new items.
    It will be 22 October before you know it!
  • Options
    fuzgirl65fuzgirl65 Posts: 55 Member
    I am VERY excited about the new expansion pack, Get Famous!! Thank you all @Maxis!!
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Sometimes the celebrity stuff annoys me, I disabled it in sims 3, but the acting career does sound cool. Love having a new neighborhood. I'm killing baby Ariel first chance I get, whoever the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that is, don't like that they put real celebrities in our games.

I was hoping for cars like most. Hopefully university is next.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I don't care at all about fame, but the costumes are awesome and the furniture looks nice too. I'm hoping to see a little more that interests me than that, though. I agree that bands and more instruments should be a thing in this pack. If those things got neglected, then this really doesn't look like it has that much for an EP.

Yeah, I would have liked more instruments and bands as well but it looks like they went with acting instead of musician this time. The acting sounds cool, but its probably gonna be a lot of doing the same stuff over and over like the doctor career without the personalization forming a band would provide. I don't get how one new career is an EP though. Seems like EP's are huge expansions on the world and gameplAy, not sure how celebrities fits something so big.
  • Options

No, you're not the only one. I wanted university as well. I don't even like the whole celebrity thing. I was only excited when everyone kept saying cars were included, but sadly...no cars.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I think this would a "Wait for the reviews" kind of thing, because I'm more interested in the Sims 1 approach to celebrity than the Sims 3 approach.
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Potentially this looks very interesting. I'm just afraid that it won't leave much room for creativity. I hope we can also tell our own stories and don't have to deal with only preset acting scenes.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited October 2018
    JC1979 wrote: »
    @belpita I posted a Newsweek article on Get Famous on the first page of this post, there will be a new world. One neighborhood of the world will be mansions with all the glitz and glamour and “Mirage Park” is supposed represent the “bottom”.

Thanks! I do hope they won't use the San Myshuno feature "needs TLC" as a permanent thing on the lots there. It's my pet peeve that you can't improve your home, by for example increasing your handiness skill.
    soko37 wrote: »
    Sometimes the celebrity stuff annoys me, I disabled it in sims 3, but the acting career does sound cool. Love having a new neighborhood. I'm killing baby Ariel first chance I get, whoever the plum that is, don't like that they put real celebrities in our games.

I was hoping for cars like most. Hopefully university is next.

Lol, I kill off a bunch of pre-mades every time I start a new game. (Sadly, almost always Vlad, because vampires generally don't fit into my gameplay, even though I love that pack.) Who is this Ariel supposed to be?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    she's a real life ...i suppose we should call her a celebrity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Ariel

i think i'll likely just ignore her as 'just another townie' unless she manages to irk me, then it'll be to the bin with her. or i might just edit her up a new name and look. we'll have to see
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    There’s so much to share with you in the coming weeks, but we can’t sign off without mentioning a few special cameos coming to this pack. First up is Baby Ariel, a talented real-life signer and social media maven! Catch her around town and listen in as she performs songs in public places. And did you spot any Game Changers in the reveal trailer?
    Oh please tell me there's a way to delete her I had to play the video on mute thanks to her um talent...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"