Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    A few suggestions:
    • More interaction with the world around the. Swimming in waters in all worlds. Skating on frozen lakes in the winter. Sledding with kids on slopes in different worlds.
    • Ability to remove CC from within the game.
    • Kids and teens no longer wake up in the middle of the night because they entered a phase.
    • Phases for adults as well (midlife crisis, newly divorced, newlyweds, feeling trapped in the marriage, parent buffs when they are new parents)
    • A greater difference in how sims work at different ages (teens and elders need love)
    • More games to play for kids that doesn't involve toys
    • More basegame careers (museum intendant, librarian, firefighter, police, maid, handyman...)
    • Make museums useful by adding thing that could help certain careers or educations - such as art classes, guided viewings. Add happenings similar to festivals where sims go and look at new art (and can buy replicas to bring home).
    • More basic CAS items for men (including body hair)
    • More things for babies, including the possibility to interact with them more (baby swings, baby mats, changing tables...) You don't need to free the baby, just make more things where the baby could be put.
    • Add a few rocking chairs to the basegame
    • Sell kits for different cultural contents with focus on being able to recreate holidays from those worlds: a few holiday items, typical food that could include new grand meals, some holiday traditions and events. So a Swedish midsummer kit would include a maypole with interactions (dress, dance around, take down), flower garlands, a flower wreath to wear in your hair, smorgasbord as a grand meal and a strawberry cake with whipped cream and actual strawberries- Just as an example that I know a lot about. Involve people who are part of the various traditions and holidays make the kits so it gets done right.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    FjellrevenFjellreven Posts: 1 New Member
    Text boxes read out loud

I have played the Sims 4 for a long time. However the last three years it has gotten more difficult for me to play the game because I have poor sight and it is very tirering to read all the text and pop up windows where you get choices and/or information. I loved that The Sims Team added the funtion where you can get the screen and text zoomed in. That helped me a lot until my sight got worse. I can see my sim and I see the boxes, just not what is written in them.

What I would love is if you could add a function where you could get the boxes read out loud by pointing at the text or simply get everything read out loud for you. I think this is a function people with dyslexia and other people with vision problems and also people who get tired in the head of reading too much.

Please I hope you can add a function like this. It would mean the world to me and I could keep playing my favorite game. And I think this would mean the world to others too.

Keep up the good work!
    Best Regards.
  • Options
    LaytonLayton Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello Simmers,
    I am passionate fun and player of The Sims and I have been playing game since The Sims 1 so I can compare it with previous versions of the game. The sims is almost nostalgic experiance because it grew up with me. I know there is a lot of people complaining and I am also missing open world, more means of transport etc. but I love the game and consider it probably the best so far. It is especially because of the graphics, build and CAS mode, emotions, multitasking, sentiments, lifestyles, gallery and many other small things which make the game very good. I love the possibility to play with sims while doing their carrers, not only to see them to go to some rabbit hole.

Even when I love the Sims I still see a space for improvement. There are things/objects/game play which I would like to add or change in the game and I decided to write it down. Here they are:

Objects:
    - Other means of transport, especially cars. Maybe airplain or helicopter for famous sims. 
    - Places for excavating for archeologs in different worlds, not only Salvadorado (or such object in build mode)
    - More instruments except bas guitar, drums, electric guitar and maybe flute, harp (and bands)

Game play:
    - I would like to see some kind of banking system, but I don´t believe this will happen
    - zodiac and attraction system which could work even on base of likes and dislikes (traits (good, goofball, ambicious etc.) and other aspekts like physical attributes (blond hair, blue eyes). Those sims who have got the attracting traits should be very attractive for the sim which should affect their feelings and relationships)
    - batter story progression where unplayed sims have relationships, weddings, babies etc. in various stage of age. The families are surviving and houses doesn´t become empty (and if some house become empty, it is still furnished!- becouse it happen in my game that if all family members die, the house become unfurnished, I don´t know why)
    - There should be more drama – illnesses cousing death, accidents cousing handicaps, even death coused by some animal, spider etc., quarrels iniciated by mean people, on the other hand some proposal in the public. There should be possibility to die while doing dangerous careers, or get erested (sim should spend some time in prison (not beeing in the game) when criminal.
    - The policeman, detective, secret agent etc. should be able to expose and arrest sims from their surrounding (when at home or in public, not at work). I had secret agent and I could expose/detect criminal from my surrounding but nothing more happened. It is quite frustrating when you know, there is some dangerous villain and you can do nothing about that even whan you should be a protector of people and law. :D The sim should be able to bring him to court – the result of the court could depend on many factors – his skills, traits, maybe property and possibility to have good barrister etc.
    - playable high school where students gether real skills like in university (not only doing homeworks without any affect on their skills)
    - In storry progression there should be possibility to iniciate proposal or wedding. Unplayed sims should also develope thair career (get promotions with age, they shouldn´t stay on the low level for ever. But it should be affected by traits, for ex. Ambicious sim should „grow“ more quickly). Particular skills should grow as well (Now, it happens that old unplayed sim knows nothing and has career on level 1 which is strange and unhappy when you want to add him to your family. It is not also fine when you marry new partner in adult age and find out that he knows nothing. )
    - some projects or other opportunities in high level of various careers, which will lead to receiving big amounts of money – the result would be affected by skills, traits and maybe some decisions. But it is really hard to earn money for some mansion even with the best superstar actor, investor, businessman etc.
    - Well, horses and parrots (or other birds)

Interactions:
    - more romantic interactions – cuddle and kissing in bed like in The Sims 3, passionate kiss like in the sims 1. There could be different interactions for passionate romatic sims (which could be more direct and eager) and others. I would do the interaction „asking for woohoo“ more romantic (without that hurray action)
    - Slow dance
    - Possibility to listen to music and talk to sims from/on bed, lounge. Reading on bed.

Likes/dislikes:
    - reading, cleaning, carneval to music, walking in nature
    - Maybe atraction system and traits (on other sims)?

Worlds:
    - I absolutely love travelling and I love worlds in The Sims. As the game focus on multiculture (new fashion, cloth etc.), I would add new worlds inspired by foreign cultures all over the world. I would buy such update even with kit! My own examples of what cultures/states inspired worlds I would like to see in the game: India, Israel (for sightseeing and archeologs), Spanish, France/Greece, South Africa with safary, Brazil, Kanada/Alaska with wild nature, Japan or China (is already there, but there could be more), One of the best updates ever was The Sims 3 World Adventure for me. Safary would be something absolutely new and fantastic. I would even appraise some wild animal (lion, monkey etc.) as a pet.

Groups:
    - I am missing some activities you can do in groups for spellcasters – especially practising magic (practical, mischief or untamed) and study spell books. And I am missing it very much.

Magic
    - more spells and potions – the developers can inspire from HP. One of them is animagus – possibility to change into an animal – there can be used dog, cat, bird, fox and other animals, which are already in the game. Then spell to clean all house, make someone love or hate other sim (with some duration) And magical chess, flying car I would appraise some spar/fight interaction between spellcaster and vampire
  • Options
    CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2022
    Just some random things I would like:

Gameplay:
    - Better/expanded family tree
    - Traits, whims, aspirations, emotions, lifestyle, likes and dislikes, and autonomy should work together better/more dynamic.
    - Vegetarian and lactose intolerant shouldn't be personality trait. It would be great to have a new option of "Diet" or something that these could fit into so that we don't spend a personality trait on this.
    - Memory sytem
    - Attraction system
    - Dating app
    - Adding food and drink categories to likes and dislikes

CAS:
    - Eyelashes
    - More piercings and tattoos
    - Body hair

BB
    - Multi-purpose lots: being able to combine residential with: vet clinic, café, restaurant, bakery, yoga studio, etc.

More of these items for base game updates and/or kits:
    - Tattoos
    - Piercings
    - Jewelry
    - Glasses/sunglasses
    - Makeup
    - Lingerie
    - Swimwear
    - Socks
    - Shoes
    - Kitchen appliances
  • Options
    SimSimmaPlatinumSimSimmaPlatinum Posts: 1 New Member
    Bring Back Hairstyles! Large Afro. Ponytail Afro with middle part!
  • Options
    CelesteRJCelesteRJ Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to be clear- this has nothing to do with sexuality or being anti-anything. But I would like more masculine clothing and hair styles for men. Jeans and slacks that go down to the ankle but aren’t gather like they are too long- just straight legged jeans that go past the ankle - not tight. Jeans that have masculine shapes and colors. Sims 3 had cargo pants that I loved! Tees and tanks that aren’t belly shirts or flowy. Lengthen the button ups. Different sports Jerseys, boxer briefs, half open button ups - tucked and untucked, nice laced dress shoes, pajamas with robe and boxers.

It would also be cool to have a clothing option of sweaters, vests, jackets, that could be overlays or layers. So if I wanted to add a jacket over a tee shirt or wear a long coat with a dress. For the coat category, I don’t like that I can’t just pick a coat or jacket with the outfit my Sim is wearing. Or select robe to wear over pjs.

More game play interactions with children. Children’s games like hide and seek, catch and tag. The ability for kids to do homework together, share secrets, hang out. And for teens and adults to play with kids too. For toddlers ability to send to preschool. Add more family titles- uncles, aunts, step family, cousins. Add ability for step parent to adopt their stepchild. Improved game play interactions for the family like watch a movie together and share popcorn- maybe they toss popcorn at each other or sit under blankets and hide if watching scary movie and scream. Add group picture option so families can take portraits. Allow dogs to sleep on bed with owners or jump up on bed and lick face to wake up.

More romantic interactions like cuddling on couch, the makeout interaction is horrible (please revisit sims 2). Miss the cuddle in bed interaction when sims are sleeping. Add walk hand in hand interaction where couples can hold hands and walk around the neighborhood. Send love letters. Sit on lap of love interest, hold hands while on couch.

Family reunion event - tasks like bbq, play games, take pictures, share stories, reminisce about sim relatives who died. Pick color theme and have tee shirts that are the same for everyone to wear.

Edit event planning so that regardless who is creating the event there is access to all of the friends and family of everyone in the household.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I think a few people here have already said about family gameplay so I would like to add/reiterate:

- more aspirations specifically for children, teens and elders
    - better reactions when things happen - for example, adopted children shouldn't rock up on half relationship with the family. It should take time to build that. The post above mentions new puppies reaction as well. There's lots to work with there!
    - Ability to learn more skills by helping another sim, similar to the "help with cooking" which I love
    - simple things like being able to cuddle in bed or invite pets up on the bed
    - family-only invites for events so you can have everyone over for winterfest or harvestfest without random neighbours/townies

And if you really felt like it, a Livin' Large kit/pack full of classic items from the original game (heart bed, genie lamp, Tiki dresser, gold statue, jukebox, egg chairs, Concoction Station - but make it so sims can turn into zombies etc!)
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @EA_Mage is this thread even used by the team? 🤔
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    PorcelainFaeryPorcelainFaery Posts: 29 Member
    ATTRACTION SYSTEM IDEA

I would love to see an attraction system added. The chemistry feature for The Sims 2 was one of my favorite things! This attraction system could add an increase or a decrease to the attraction that one Sim has for another Sim. It could also improve woohoo or do the opposite, depending on attraction. It could be created in a similar way to the way that the likes and dislikes were created. Except, a player should only be able to choose 4 turn ons and or turn offs total. So, a player could choose 3 turn offs and 1 turn on or they could choose 2 turn ons, and 2 turn offs, etc., as long as the total is not above 4. I think this would add more depth and variety to gameplay. Here are some ideas for turn ons and turn offs that could be used:

Turn Ons/Turn Offs:
    Hair Color Brown
    Hair Color Black
    Hair Color Blonde
    Hair Color Red
    Hair Color Other
    Eye Color Brown
    Eye Color Blue
    Eye Color Black
    Eye Color Green
    Eye Color Hazel
    Eye Color Other
    Physical Frame Male
    Physical Frame Female
    Elder
    Adult
    Young Adult
    Facial Hair
    Makeup
    Accessories
    Tattoos
    Everyday Wear
    Formal Wear
    Athletic Wear
    Sleep Wear
    Swimwear
    Party Wear
    Summer Wear
    Winter Wear
    Fat
    Fit
    Married
    Unmarried
    Good Manners
    Bad Manners
    Celebrity
    Ghost
    Alien
    Vampire
    Mermaid
    Spellcaster
    Servo

I think I posted about this in the past, but that would have been a long time ago. I've been hoping for something like this for years. Here is a recent thread that someone else made about their ideas for an attraction system: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997226/attraction-system-turn-on-turn-off#latest

PACK IDEA

The Attraction System could be included in a Stuff Pack. Maybe the stuff pack could be named: Love Life or Dating or Finding Love.

Other things the pack could include:

--Chocolates or small candy boxes that can be given as romantic gifts to others.
    --A new event called a Double Date (similar to a date, but involving more people).
    --A new trait called Faithful (a Sim will never cheat on their spouse, if married).
    --A new interaction with the Journal, for teens and older: Write about Crush.
    --A new talking interaction: Ask on Double Date with. (note: the other two Sims invited would not be controlled by the player, unless those Sims live in the same household as the one doing the inviting).
    --New Moodlet: Horrible Date (after having a very bad double date).
    --Four new hairstyles, and at least one long hair.
    --Some casual dating outfits, and lingerie/sleepwear.
    --Some new tatoos, makeup, and accessories.
    --A heart-shaped vibromatic bed, like the one in older games. (a sim must pay to use it, $10, $50, $100, $1000.) The higher the pay, the better chance of getting a Seeing Stars Woohoo moodlet after woohooing in the bed. Woohooing in the bed without paying will give the sim who was asked to woohoo a new Cheap Date moodlet.
    --A heart-shaped hot tub.
    --More items related to dating and or romance.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @PorcelainFaery I really like your ideas. A little chocolate and candy box that can be given as a gift would be so amazing. I love that idea. Double date would be really fun. New traits like faithful/unfaithful would be great. Teens writing about their crushes in their diaries would be so cute. And definitely more long hair. :smile:

I would just add for an attraction system I would really like it based not just on physical traits, but also on things such as the likes, dislikes, traits, aspirations and careers already in the game or a new separate section where we can choose things important to them in another Sim.

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2022
    shobontea wrote: »
    When the off-the-grid Lot trait was added, I was happy that I could now live in the good old days.
    But the reality was different.
    Without electricity, I could hardly cook.
    Sure, I have an Eco Lifestyle Pack, so I can generate electricity, but...
    I hope I could live in the good old days.

Having lived in an era before microwaves (before I was about 10) and before the internet was publicly available....there really needs to be a typewriter version that is FUNCTIONAL off the grid.

You could practice writing skill on it, and write a report, but you would not be able to chat, watch any videos, or play games on it. Old fashioned manual typewriters (which pre-dated electric and electronic typewriters) WERE actually functional off the grid. They were uncomfortable to use, and required a lot of finger strength: some of us who learned typing on one of those still cannot break the habit of "typing too loudly" or "too hard". Typewriters require an ink impression to print the letters, and in the old days (1970s and early 1980s) you had to apply the pressure all yourself to make the imprint. Electric typewriters helped even out the imprinted strokes so that they looked the same instead of being printed differently per letter, and reduced the pressure required to make an imprint. Around that time, white-out tape was invented.(Before then, they used liquid white-out, which was, yes, messy and tended to get on your fingers). Electronic typewriters changed the strength required to make an imprint to the same as today's computer keyboards, and added an automatic whiteout feature built in to the typewriter directly. But as with whiteout tape, you could still see if any corrections had been made to the document.

As to document storage, that's where file cabinets, desks, and card catalogs (for libraries) and recipe card files came in.

And as far as cooking off the grid, think camping. As in grilled food, BBQ, and campfires. Instead of refrigerators, coolers should be usable off the grid (as long as their ice is refilled regularly). Wood stoves and camp stoves also would work off the grill. Kinda like an old time Western movie. Civil war era works too - there WAS no electricity during that time. There are also different methods of power production than we see in the game: geothermal power, nuclear power, and hydroelectric power that runs off dams and waterfalls. (Of course, nuclear power *could* be seen in a dystopia scenario of some sort.)

I remember one Thanksgiving decades ago when the power went out. My grandmother suggested we roast the turkey in the fireplace...so we did. It turned out pretty good (though not quite as good as if we had been able to baste it).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    KrankyKellKrankyKell Posts: 15 Member
    Here's a quick win:
    Instead of ANOTHER window with shutters (coming with My Wedding Stories), I'd really just like ALL the items used to create the worlds. There's SO MUCH that hasn't been added to the debug and live edit items available to players. E.g. the tile used for the BG stairs 'Mega Stairs (Ooh Fancy)' and JA 'Tidy Tiled Stairs' so I can have consistent flooring; or the string lights used near the Cantina in Selvadorada; or the octagonal window and trim on the BG cafe shell/building.
    These assets have already been created. PLEASE let me at 'em!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would like new transportation for my Sims. They keep losing their university bikes. I would like cars, go-karts, motorcycles, dirt bikes, skateboards, scooters, helicopters, airplanes and a UFO. :smile:

Cars were always one of my favourite things about the games and I always look forward to getting them. I loved the cars in Sims 2 and FreePlay. We already have rockets and star wars airplanes, which I love, so hopefully one day we will get cars too. I would like maybe a small type of driveway, or they can drive on the grass and we can build our own with tiles, maybe some neighborhoods could have some edits done so they can drive around. Or even just drive to the length of the driveway and vanish would be okay. Maybe some neighborhoods or worlds could be either walkable or drivable. Maybe a new world can be created with new lots and neighborhoods that can have cars.

Here are my ideas. Cars, Airplanes and UFO’s are what I’d love the most, the others would be extra fun.

CARS
    Like in Sims 2 and FreePlay. I would like the Sims to be able to drive to work again and drive their kids to school. I'd really like a driveable version and an upgradeable version to improve mechanical skill. A rabbit hole "Go for a drive" so I can send my Sims off in their car for a while with some chance cards gameplay. Teen gameplay where they study driving and learn how to drive was always really fun. Listening to the car radio was fun. I'd like to upgrade the cars to flying cars and have them fly off and explore with some chance cards like the rockets and planes. They should be able to fly to other worlds, maybe to Sulani and meet some mermaids, Forgotten Hollow and meet some vampires, San Myshuno and see the city lights, maybe crash somewhere. Please watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bedknobs and Broomsticks for inspiration. Some eco-living play would be fun, where we could convert them from gas guzzlers to electric or fuel cells. Maybe upgrade them also to space cars and power them with crystals to make them fly to Sixam. They should have air conditioning and heat for the summer and winter months. It would be nice to wash them or have a car wash lot. If they are struck by lightening, I would like them to need repair again or crash if they are flying cars.

AIRPLANES & HELICOPTERS:
    The airplanes in Batuu are so much fun. I would really like to have the Star Wars planes on my Sim’s lot so they can upgrade them and fly off on Chance Card play or do some missions. I would also love airplanes like George Cahill’s plane brought to life so he can repair it and resume his career as a pilot with chance cards and missions. For helicopters, I think it would be fun to take them on chance card rescue missions maybe in the jungle or patrol San Myshuno and shine the spotlight down on badly dressed townies.

UFO
    I would love a fully functional UFO from Sixam to crash on my Sims lot, so I can claim it, repair it, and fly it back to Sixam to reach the planet, and have some chance cards play similar to the rockets. I would also like a tiny alien creature to come with the UFO so my Sim can keep it for a pet. Please watch Flight of the Navigator. I would really like to have Puckmaren for a little pet in the game.

GO-KARTS, MOTORCYCLES, DIRT BIKES
    I would love some type of racing area where Sims can race each other and play with go-karts. For the motorcycle, it would be fun to ride a motorcycle to work or around the neighborhood, similar to cars.

SKATEBOARDS & SCOOTERS
    It would be fun if teens and kids could have these and ride them around the neighborhood similar to bikes.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2022
    A neighborhood kit or game pack
    Neighborhood kit idea & inspo
    uzhjimmwvhfq.jpeg
    2ta0k3ss9f8b.jpeg
    au9tmzu9tv5w.jpeg
    ekrpd38i7md5.jpeg

j9qepii6qj4v.jpeg

A game pack all about moving and settling into a new neighborhood .

Careers that could be added -
    full time : Real estate agent , daycare owner/ worker, house flipper, homemaker
    Part time : professional movers , private tutor & lawn mowing business (teen & adults )

Game play inspiration :

•showing a house /apartment
    •placing and removing a for sale sign or sold sign in yard
    • looking at potential homes to buy
    • signing papers to buy /sale a house
    •receiving new house keys
    • packing , unpacking & sorting
    •moving/styling small household items
    •unloading moving truck
    • painting interior/exterior walls
    •housewarming party
    •ability to watch the diy channel
    • neighborhood watch ( could bring back burglars with a toggle for people who don’t want it)
    •garage/yard sales (teen and adults could participate) •lemonade stand( for kids )
    •kids piggy bank ( for ice cream money)
    • Bicycle ice cream cart ( similar to a ice cream truck ..randomly comes around on weekends with fun and funky ice cream flavors )
    •neighborhood block party or barbecue
    •play dates ( parents along with their children could meet up with other parent and their babies /toddlers/ kids at the park or neighborhoods home ) .
    •take kids to and pick up from daycare

Interactive Build buy items :
    •Lawnmower
    •Lemonade stand
    •Piggy bank
    •Strollers ( babies/toddlers )
    •Moving boxes
    •Neighborhood watch sign
    •Garage/yard sale sign
    •For sale & sold sign
    •bicycle Ice cream cart
    •ladder, paint can & roller
    •Hammer & nails

New lot types:

•Dual residence lot type ( 2-3 sim households could live on one lot but in townhomes/ apartments.
    Set as ___ family’s home. To assign each family their own home with the ability to lock/ unlock door for members of other households on lot)
    •Dual residential business lot type ( to support a single residential home & family as well as 1-2 home business .)
    •Ability to build functioning townhouses and apartments
    •Ability to buy & sale a home
    •Ability to sale your house with or without a realtor
    •Ability to homeschool & hire a tutor
    Post edited by Hahcbeachwaves on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I think that the sims team could have done more on trend gowns that were both simple and structured which would have been more versatile . sometimes less is more . Also they would stand the test of time better which would be something to think about since a new game (sims 5) may not come out anytime soon . I wish they added more wedding veils as well though because it’s like a major part of the bridal attire for brides. Actually I am shocked that their aren’t many veils because I feel like it usually a staple to bridal attire. Also simmer Erin mention what if they added simple gowns with accessories to make the dress you own and now I can’t get that idea out of my head .. Imagine a simple fitted gown with a belt over it that makes the gown into a ball gown for the ceremony and then can be removed for the reception. Now imagine the same fitted gown but with a beaded sash and a hair with a long beaded veil . Two looks one dress.. could come in a plethora of colors too . That said I think it could be a good idea for a kit or stuff pack at least . So that anyone who wants more options or didn’t purchase the game pack could have more items to choose from .
    bnzpknw7jr9p.jpeg
    pjqki3akl1ju.jpeg
    kttttf0af7c4.jpeg
    uf7bc8m9rs9g.jpeg
    m6z12vy7kiua.jpeg
    k8mkijt27sgg.jpeg
    r7d6bk1o341l.jpeg
    63xitg9akiip.jpeg
    5ejxwti7axe3.jpeg
    z96tdencmstg.jpeg
    ee1j1pb35g1f.jpeg
    nay1cdasb5u3.jpeg
    0npfzm77faah.jpeg
    p8co7mo5okhr.jpeg
    0ak59wd2dzvk.jpeg
    oxpe9kontrou.jpeg
    lypg8rl7w4g8.jpeg
    ov3gfwxvt81x.jpeg
  • Options
    TS4girlTS4girl Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Lou_sims_33345 said:
    > I would love sims to be able to use wheelchairs as a full time wheelchair user who love sims I would love if you could have a wheelchair that you either wheeled yourself or be wheeled by someone ❤️

Agree 100% Various options for differently abled persons in the game would help alongside the whole inclusion and disability advocacy. Wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches, prosthetics, also an opportunity for addition to the careers for therapists and other healthcare professions. After the recent release of the wedding stories and the same sex couples inclusion of trans persons would be fantastic too! All genders and abilities!
  • Options
    TS4girlTS4girl Posts: 2 New Member
    Larger neighborhoods with more open lots and the option to create new neighborhoods without purchasing a new expansion pack
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    This has crossed my mind a bit and then I saw a post regarding this and I thought I should share ..

I think gamers would not only love but greatly use three new dual lot option types :
    • dual business lot type ( support 2-3 lot type.. example : a shared cafe & library lot)
    • dual residential lot type ( 2-3 individual families with semidetached townhouses . Would allow each family& family home to operate as if it’s the only one on the lot . With a set as _____ families home button to assign household to a specific house on the lot. )
    • dual business/residential lot type ( would allow one at home business to function on a single family residential lot )
    • Also would love to see a daycare job type that could be operated anywhere and allow busy sims to have their babies & toddlers looked after while at work or running errands.
    • Interactive trolley service that sims could ride from one area to the other . Of course this would intel a open or semi open world but if done well could be fun . With interaction that could happen with sims riding alone or in a group.. for fun or to get to work or a particular destination . For example a single sim may fall asleep and miss there stop or a couple may be seen kissing or even a pick pocket attempting to get a little extra change .
    Post edited by Hahcbeachwaves on
  • Options
    J_Doe_77J_Doe_77 Posts: 8 New Member
    We need an empty world we can fully edit ourselves, maybe something insulated from the rest of the game like "Batuu" is. I don't mean empty lots, I mean the surrounding scenery around the lots.

I always get very excited about all the new objects and build options that come with a new pack. You let your imagination run wild and you start building, crafting households... And then comes the time to try out live mod. It's usually rage-deletesavegame in 60 seconds. A lost monastery in the Komorebi moutains? Nope. It's a ski resort, with easels. Deal with it. Castaways on a deserted island? Oh, look! Modern houses, lounge chairs, and an easel! How about a crime mystery in a quaint small town from the 80s? Nope. Brindleton is for the Rotary Club, best-selling authors in the Hamptons, and easels. Here is the seediest part of Sanmyshuno, the neighbourhood where a new vampire like you can easily feed, mostly because of family-friendly festivals... and the roaming easels.
    But, don't fret! You can always have an eerie-looking witch-house in the middlle of Glimmerbrook, where the concrete launch-pads rival those of Beverly Hills. Or you can move to the agriculturally-impaired Henford-on-Bagley, where farmers get flooded every year because they obviously can't read a river...
    Again, I always start with tons of ideas that inevitably end up grinded down the drain of "nah, let's stick to the goofy vanilla gameplay of an eight-year old".

Now, I get that it's impossible to please everyone. Hence the fully-editable world suggestion. Players that are interested could build the world *they* envision. We already have everything we need in the *debug* section of the bb.liveeditobjects tool. We only lack a world where we could truly unleash those creative options - edit the terrain, define the seasons, and craft the scenery. Players could even showcase and share their own "towns" with the community. I'm convinced a small pack (or even a kit!) that would enable players to create their own "Sim world", maybe "apart" from the game (again, I liked the insulation in "Batuu", it really helped sustaining the immersion) would work.
  • Options
    ISuckAtSimsISuckAtSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I second J_Doe_77. Having played Sims 2 as a child, I was really disappointed to see that we cannot create a world from scratch like you could in Sims 2. Why isn't that in Sims 4? Why did you limit creativity that much? What's the point in being able to build your own houses, businesses, and apartments if you only have one or two worlds to do it in? If that was an option, I would play Sims 4 more.
  • Options
    sushicrowsushicrow Posts: 15 Member
    A drum kit with the ability to jam with other sims and form a band that can play gigs in Base Game.

Period piece worlds/ items, with BB and CAS items. Late 1800s, 1920s-40s. 1950s, 1960s, 1970s. Prehistoric pack with pet dinosaurs. But only if they are period accurate.

The ability to delete or hide CAS and BB items that you never use.

Bug fixes for old issues, espeically for Dine Out and Vampires packs.
  • Options
    literalhorsesliteralhorses Posts: 3 New Member
    The problem with the Cats & Dogs expansion is that it takes forever to initiate an interaction with a cat or dog. The dogs/cats have to finish out their current animations before you can even start walking over to them, and those animations take forever to finish. I don't have a problem with dogs/cats running away from me before I can interact with them, because that's how animals act in real life sometimes too. But when the dog or cat is just sitting there, but I can't interact with it because it is grooming itself, it gets very frustrating.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    More aspirations and traits, please.
  • Options
    A game pack all about moving and settling into a new neighborhood .

Careers that could be added -
    full time : Real estate agent , daycare owner/ worker, house flipper, homemaker
    Part time : professional movers , private tutor & lawn mowing business (teen & adults )

Game play inspiration :

•showing a house /apartment
    •placing and removing a for sale sign or sold sign in yard
    • looking at potential homes to buy
    • signing papers to buy /sale a house
    •receiving new house keys
    • packing , unpacking & sorting
    •moving/styling small household items
    •unloading moving truck
    • painting interior/exterior walls
    •housewarming party
    •ability to watch the diy channel
    • neighborhood watch ( could bring back burglars with a toggle for people who don’t want it)
    •garage/yard sales (teen and adults could participate) •lemonade stand( for kids )
    •kids piggy bank ( for ice cream money)
    • Bicycle ice cream cart ( similar to a ice cream truck ..randomly comes around on weekends with fun and funky ice cream flavors )
    •neighborhood block party or barbecue
    •play dates ( parents along with their children could meet up with other parent and their babies /toddlers/ kids at the park or neighborhoods home ) .
    •take kids to and pick up from daycare

Interactive Build buy items :
    •Lawnmower
    •Lemonade stand
    •Piggy bank
    •Strollers ( babies/toddlers )
    •Moving boxes
    •Neighborhood watch sign
    •Garage/yard sale sign
    •For sale & sold sign
    •bicycle Ice cream cart
    •ladder, paint can & roller
    •Hammer & nails

New lot types:

•Dual residence lot type ( 2-3 sim households could live on one lot but in townhomes/ apartments.
    Set as ___ family’s home. To assign each family their own home with the ability to lock/ unlock door for members of other households on lot)
    •Dual residential business lot type ( to support a single residential home & family as well as 1-2 home business .)
    •Ability to build functioning townhouses and apartments
    •Ability to buy & sale a home
    •Ability to sale your house with or without a realtor
    •Ability to homeschool & hire a tutor
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sexual preference option, as posted in a recent thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top