Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Sims will actually use a couch when watching tv. It's so frustrating that after 7 years they still don't do this.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Clarity88Clarity88 Posts: 11 New Member
    In terms of Gameplay, what I would most love to see is an increase in After School Activities that could build different skills for kids and teens (for example: band/orchestra, quiz bowl, school sports, martial arts, ballet, school newspaper, etc.)

Build Mode Items I would love to see in Sims 4:
    Upright Piano!
    Harp!
    Spiral Staircases
    Baby/nursery items and clutter
    More shelves that can actually hold items
  • Options
    kad1116akad1116a Posts: 12 New Member
    These are just a few things I think the game needs in general without going in depth.

- Body Hair (Male Sims get no love, just look at CAS and count the difference. Modern men wear does not mean skirts, and that kit was disappointing. Females can have hair too)
    - New Relationship Types (Sims 3 had this not sure what happened, but bring it back, plus with new stuff like poly, fling, crush)
    - Updated Family Tree (Just beside someone is dead doesn't mean I shouldn't know who their spouse and siblings are, or what job they had, I like to look back at all my Sims)
    - New and Updated Occults (Vampires, Ghost, and Spellcasters are good. Aliens Suck. PlantSims are just green and a huge downgrade from both previous versions. Mermaids are okay, and others don't exist.)
    - Updated Traits (Everyone feels the same regardless of traits)
    - More NPCs (They barely exist now)
    - More Tattoos (This is lacking. No reason why every pack shouldn't include them. Even a Tattoo Kit would be nice.)
    - More Random Deaths or Increased Chance (Everyone has died from Old Age except 7 of the 100+ Sims I've played with over 6 Generations)
    - Fears (The dark, swimming, occults, animals, claustrophobia, technophobia)
    - More Diverse Gameplay for All Life Stages (Teen-Elder is literally the same, just look different)
    - More Interactive Objects
    - More Group Activities
    - More Water Interactions
    -More Facial Details from Birth (None of my Sims born in-game have freckles or beauty marks, only way they can have them is if I make them in create-a-sims. It doesn't need to be every sim but at least happen sporadically.)
  • Options
    DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    Has anyone brought up the topic of additional bright colors to Alien palettes?
    IE- Young Justice style of Miss Martian eye colors that are done in similar tones to TS4 Vampires.
    Maybe the Iris could still be that swirly oddness, but brighter?
    The current shades of Alien eyes just seem so dark now that I have the time to look it over.

Only seems fair to add in more additions to the F2P options since more skin colors and sliders have been added after the 2020/2021 wave of "diversity quota."
    And I gotta admit, sometimes just silently sneaking in your upcoming shade/tone additions as Easter Eggs into a teaser trailer is more fun than you Tweeting about it as if it were the greatest thing since the moon landing.

Or maybe I'm just crazy, and DC/Marvel will ask EA to be the next Batuu style of expansion pack, and this post won't be as important.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • Options
    PascaleJarjouraPascaleJarjoura Posts: 37 Member
    I would like to see wild animals in jungle adventure pack, I mean it's called JUNGLE adventure fgs, what kind of jungle is that?😂 I'd like to see like monkeys, bears, gorillas, tigers, panthers..
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'd like to have bigger terrariums (with a couple of different layouts) for frogs and insects that are already in the game. I know the frogs and insects are collectibles, but if you put them in these bigger terrariums you could care for them, such as feed them, clean the terrarium and observe them. Maybe it could work a bit similarly to MFP rodent cages?

I'd also like to be able to feed fishes in aquariums, clean the aquariums and observe them. Perhaps there could be an option that would enable you to care for the fishes, because probably not everyone wants to care for them.

And maybe add reptiles too o:)
  • Options
    simulacra_simulationsimulacra_simulation Posts: 4 New Member
    For a home kit, as a follow to the decorator career, I would love to see a partnership with some well-known furniture companies (West Elm, Crate and Barrel, House & Garden, ETC) -- maybe even have some stuff that is in the game and also can be purchased in real life.
  • Options
    Oh also some aspect of Feng Shui game play would be cool
  • Options
    BandonBunnyBandonBunny Posts: 1 New Member
    It may have been said already before but I would soooo love to have a sewing machine back like we had in Sims 2; when not gaming (or working for that matter) I'm a quilter and it would be great to have my Sims do the same. The Nifty Knits is awesome for me as a starter as I do also knit and crochet but it would be so much fun to have my Sims be able to make their own sewn/quilted placemats, wall hangings, bedspreads, toys, etc.
  • Options
    Emmalynn2Emmalynn2 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, i would like horses added to the game. To be able to ride them and control the horses while riding them, competitions like show jumping, cross country, dressage, and others. to be able to breed the horses like a horse breeding farm, to be able to tame the horses and such.
    Please add horses.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Sorry this is so long:

Please unlock all hair colors for all ages
    Please allow all Sims of all ages and all Occults to use all CAS options like skin tones, eyes, ears, skin details, make-up, accessories, Aliens are the most limited by CAS and would love to be able to use all the CAS options to create my sim's Alien Form
    Please allow us to use the Styled Outfits on Alien Forms
    Please allow all accessories and all make-up to automatically show up under all clothing/occult categories
    Please add a Toggle so we can turn off Random Aging without a mod
    Please add a Vendor Stall that allows you to purchase and unlock past Challenge Items (example: Growfruit Planter, Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls) or Special Event Items (Summer of Sims t-shirts) for each playthrough just like the snow globes you can consider it a collection and change the availability of items each week.
    Or
    Please allow us to call Jasmine Holiday and start any past/present/current challenges (ie Growfruit Challenge, Positivity Challenge) anytime we want.
    Please bring back newspapers. I think it would be great to have a seperate one for each world and your sim can buy a subscription to all, some or none. Hotspots, deals, wedding announcements, birth announcements ect.
    Please add in Story Progression

Things I hope to see happen

1) Babies, Toddlers, Kids and Teens:

I was thinking about how much babies are neglected gameplay wise and I understand that it’s not that simple to just change the coding and such so what if we could free the babies without actually freeing them.

For example strollers could be replaced by baby carriers (less terrain interference) that the would be equipped once you clicked on the bassinet and select take baby for a walk. They could use those same carriers for Mommy and Me Yoga with babies and toddlers, Family Outings and Hiking in Mt. Komorebi.

Baby swings and Baby Mats. You click on the bassinet and select put in swing. If you have more than one swing then a menu pops up with a little map of your lot with dots that indicate where baby items are. You select the one you want and the sim takes the baby and puts it in the swing.
    Basically your just moving the baby from one spot to another.
    Clothes and hair options would be awesome. Again using the bassinet you can select a baby outfit from a scroll down menu then the Teen-Elder sim does the Efficient Baby Care toss and the baby is now dressed in a new outfit.
    To me this would be a cool way to free the babies without actually freeing them.

Allow toddlers to go to restaurants with the family. Maybe even add a Toddlers Welcome lot trait.

More afterschool activities:
    Ballet
    Cheerleading Team
    Shop Club
    Sports Team
    Debate Club
    Art Club
    Music Club
    National Honors Society
    Study Group
    Student Body Council
    School Newspaper (with actual newspapers given to students)
    Yearbook Club (Yearbooks given out each year and friends from school have signed it)
    Photography Club
    AV/Tech Club
    Science Club

Prom
    Sport Events
    Awards Ceremonies

More Fun:
    All ages can play pranks like whoopie cushions, shower dye, scary computer ect
    Kids: Bikes please
    Toddlers: Tricycles
    Go for a walk with the whole household
    Go for a bike ride with the whole household

Please Bring Back the following Sims 3 items:

Walker
    Playpen
    Stuffed Animals they can keep in their inventory
    Costume Chest
    Tree Houses
    Sandboxes
    Spring Riders
    See-saws
    Slides
    Water Slides for Pools
    Trampolines
    Canes

2) The Death Flower:

The way it works in the Sims 4 is very annoying. It makes it impossible to play a single sim household because the only way to save your sim is to have another you control give the Grim Reaper the Death Flower. The Sims 3 Death Flower was the best because you just had to carry it in your pocket and if your sim dies they automatically give one to the Grim Reaper. No worries about death so I didn't mind all the ways your Sim could die in the Sims 3. In fact I was more willing to have my Sims 3 sims try everything because I didn't fear losing gameplay because they always had Death Flowers.

If they could make it that your sim will automatically give a Death Flower if they have it and if they don't then a Family Member can or even make it so that a Good Sim or Friend NPC might jump in and give the Grim Reaper the death flower to save your life or an Evil Sim or a Sim whom your enemies with can spread rumors about you to the Grim Reaper causing him to reap your soul. I believe that the complaints about death in the game would decrease as well.

3) Toggles and Sliders and Options! We Need More Please:

No NPC Births or Adoptions (Both Human and Pets)
    Weeks days a season 7, 14, 21, 28, 56, 112
    Be able to choose how many days for each individual Season
    Be able choose Thunderstorms with or without lighting damage and/or with or without Sims getting struck by lighting
    A toggle to allow/disallow toddlers and pets to be afraid of thunderstorms
    More Age length options
    A Toggle that lets you choose to control your pet or not
    Status Bars for Babies and Pets so we can see their needs

More Autonomy Option:

High:
    Works like the games normal Autonomy

Medium:
    Sims won't cancel a queued action until they are finished. Only acts Autonomously when they have no cued actions. Will cue up their own actions. Will not interrupt other sims who have queued actions with the exception of toddlers/pets asking for help filling their needs and children/teens asking for advice.

Low:
    Sims won't cancel a queued action until they are finished. Only acts Autonomously when they have no cued actions and have been idle for 5 sim minutes. Will not interrupt other sims who have queued actions with the exception of toddlers/pets asking for help filling their needs and children/teens asking for advice.

Off:
    You are in complete control of your sims. They only act Autonomously to save their life.

Gameplay Difficulty Toggles for skills, career, school, university, relationships, death, money, reputation, character values, fame and so on.:

Extreme:
    Fires, equipment failure, broken objects etc occur 75% more often. You have a %75 chance of dying from something other than old age. Everything is 75% Harder to accomplish. You earn 75% less satisfaction points and reward store items 75% cost more.

Hard:
    Fires, equipment failure, broken objects etc occur 50% more often. You have a %50 chance of dying from something other than old age. Everything is 50% Harder to accomplish. You earn 50% less satisfaction points and reward store items 50% cost more.

Medium:
    Fires, equipment failure, broken objects etc occur %25 more often. You have a %25 chance of dying from something other than old age. Everything is %25 Harder to accomplish. You earn 50% less satisfaction points and reward store items %25 cost more.

Easy:
    Fires, equipment failure, broken objects etc occur %10 more often. You have a %10 chance of dying from something other than old age. Everything is %10 Harder to accomplish. You earn 10% less satisfaction points and reward store items %10 cost more.

Safe:
    You can only die from old age. Fires, equipment failure, broken objects will be less likely occur and you can't die from them. All other gameplay is normal.

It would be best if toggles for skills, career, school, university, relationships, death, money, reputation, character values, fame and so on have their own Toggle so you can pick and choose what you want to be harder and what you want to be easier.

Summer of Sims:

Please make Summer of Sims a regular summer event. It would be great to add an option to of our Sims being able to tryout for the festival and possibly be an act in the Summer of Sims. Kind of like Showtime but it's yearly festival instead.

• Options
    procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Pre teens and middle aged sims.....baby-toddler-child-pre teen-teen-young adult-adult-middle aged-elder....
  • Options
    PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    Not gonna lie, I would love an updated CAS relationship pannel! Something with boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, step-parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. I love building untraditional families that sometimes can't be built with the current CAS setup.
  • Options
    WrenWildhuntWrenWildhunt Posts: 3 New Member
    Disability items and Disabled traits.

Start off with some of the traits like “lazy”. Please understand in the disabled community this is considered an ableist slur. Please reconsider renaming this trait. Personally I like the trait and would use it if it were renamed. Suggestions: fatigue, restful, lethargic, languid, or something that brings a more positive or playful spin on this trait instead of the current slur. The same thing goes for the slob trait (disorganized, executive dysfunction, unmotivated, disheveled, untidy are all better suggestions).

Allow multiple disabilities so that the Sims can also have interests and lifestyle traits.

Add more aids:
    • Low back manual wheelchair that is a functional object that Sims can manually propel.
    • An electric wheelchair or scooter that Sims can ride in while seated.
    • Functional walking sticks and canes as well as build mode objects like a cane rack or a cane/umbrella stand.
    • Sight canes.
    • Crutches (including forearm crutches)
    • Rollators (similar animations can be used for baby strollers and shopping carts, or for care assistants to push a sim in a transfer wheelchair)
    • Limb prosthetics (can be natural or futuristic).
    • Hearing aids
    • Soft braces for sports injuries for knees, wrists/hands, ankles. Neck brace. More bandages and ace wraps.
    • Casts and walking boots for broken limbs.
    • Vests and harnesses for service dogs.
    • Fingerless gloves
    • Heating pads and ice packs, can be playful and can include stuffed animal types that kids can use.
    • physical therapy items, like foam rollers, elastic bands, Pilates type balls, balance railings (can also be used for ballet?)

Other considerations:
    Recliners and functional ottomans where Sims can rest their feet.

Accessible signs, all-gender bathroom signs.

FUNCTIONAL RAMPS

More elevators that can be installed and used in residences instead of stairs.

Weighted and heated blankets.

Wheelchair height countertops and other surfaces.

Kids activity desks with chair bands, more social and emotional learning tools. Sensory bins and sensory toys.

Stim tools, fidgets, weighted vests, stim swing. Available for children and adults.

Give options for captioned calls for Deaf/HoH sims. Consider adding Simlish sign language. TV upgrades with closed captions.

NAP ideas:
    Accessible lot.
    Lots should have one accessible entry, or include items like ramps, elevators, automatic doors, sensory friendly lighting (dimmed lights, auto lights), including grip railings in bathrooms, handrails on stairs, curb cuts, low-noise electronics, zero-entry showers, wide doorways, wheelchair-height counters, etc. Snow or leaf piles should be tidied. Mud which is an accessibility hazard can be cleared.

Lots that are not up to code can be fined by the NAC.

Retail goals:
    Sensory friendly hours, senior and disability shopping hours, accessible entries and bathrooms. Making a retail, restaurant, or other commercial space accessible can be an achievement.

Pride flags and ribbons:
    Disability pride, autism acceptance infinity symbol, zebra pattern for rare illness, ♿️ blue wheelchair icon, colors that are common for multiple disabilities and conditions.

Dietary restrictions:
    More dietary restrictions but build them into the likes/dislikes so you can pick multiple allergies. Add allergy free recipe/food items for the top 8 allergies.

Moodlets:
    Happy - this lot is accessible
    Uncomfortable or Angry - sensory overload
    Uncomfortable - acute injuries
    Angry - this lot is NOT accessible
    Angry - No captions
    Happy - allergy free food
    Uncomfortable - fatigue (from a disabling condition)

Careers:

Care assistant / HHC worker
    Add a care assistant to the hire a service options. Vital for disabled and elder sims. Care assistant can be one day, live-in, or scheduled. The care assistant can also be a career (home healthcare worker, midwife for pregnant or postpartum Sims). Care assistant can do butler type interactions: cleaning, cooking, childcare, pushing a sim in a wheelchair, do repairs). Add function that the care assistant can accompany a
    Disabled sim off the lot.

Therapist - therapist can help Sims with intense moodlets and with wellness buffs.

Physical Therapist - can help increase fitness skills or handle acute injuries.

Clubs
    Add a type of club that is a support group or an awareness group.

These are just a few ideas I have. The mobility aids, ramps, hearing aids, and walking canes are all highly wanted functions/items the community has been asking of the dev team for a long time.
  • Options
    Also: please add face masks.
  • Options
    Can we also add parade events? That would be super fun on non residential lots and you could build them into the holidays.
  • Options
    SujiChanSujiChan Posts: 21 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

I would really like a way to delete custom content right in game instead of struggling to find the name of the item that is broken or just not right and then try to find it in MODS folder. Especially since sometimes our favourite CC can't be found anymore and we don't have to remove everything and try to find it all again. I know we were able to delete it right from in game in Sims 3.
  • Options
    procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    When sims are using a computer or laptop they look at the screen and not to the left all the time :(
  • Options
    ConnectConnect Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello EA Team

My feedback Sims 4

First, I like the merging of all addons and dlcs. So every expanded pack can be played.
    The loss of the open world is very pitty.
    The loss of the color disk is pitty.
    I would have loved to have another Back into the Future addon!
    The making of the Sim was in The Sims 3 easier and more fun.
    I appreciate the number of different hairstyles, clothes and shoes.
    Loosing the cars and traveling objects is very pitty.

COLLECTING BUTTERFLIES .... INSECTS IN ALL WORLDS!!!!!!!

OPEN WORLD

MORE DETAILS IN THE BEHAIVOR OF THE SIMS
    just some I have recognised...
    * when Sim is helping child with homework, they should sit down with them and point their Finger at the book.... ect.
    * when opening a secret door, it would be nice to see Sims being sneeky
    * trying to sit a toddler in a highchair and feed them is very buggy
    * when being cooked together with children, it would be nice if they would help and not just stand there and watch
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Emmalynn2 wrote: »
    Hi, i would like horses added to the game. To be able to ride them and control the horses while riding them, competitions like show jumping, cross country, dressage, and others. to be able to breed the horses like a horse breeding farm, to be able to tame the horses and such.
    Please add horses.

You can get all that in sims3 but yes, that's another thi g of the many that is missing from sims4.

Body hair, too: a sims3 basegame thing, that I have to use a mod for in sims4.

What I wish every time I build, is that more thing were functional, instead of nearly everything being decorative and useless. So I use mods to make radiations actually heat the house, make coat racks a place where sims can actually put on outerwear of take it off, the toothbrush holder actually usable to brush teeth, etc.

But it does bug me still and forever, how foolish it is to have to have both a wood fired cookstove, and a fireplace too, to heat a one-room off-grid cabin. Sims should be able to use the heat from an old wood stove as the heat source and having been around those I know how much heat they generate. Like you don't want to fire one up in summer, that's when you cook outside.

And you should be able to do at least the cooking you can around a fire pit, at any fireplace.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Disability items and Disabled traits.

Start off with some of the traits like “lazy”. Please understand in the disabled community this is considered an ableist slur. Please reconsider renaming this trait. Personally I like the trait and would use it if it were renamed. Suggestions: fatigue, restful, lethargic, languid, or something that brings a more positive or playful spin on this trait instead of the current slur. The same thing goes for the slob trait (disorganized, executive dysfunction, unmotivated, disheveled, untidy are all better suggestions).

Allow multiple disabilities so that the Sims can also have interests and lifestyle traits.

Add more aids:
    • Low back manual wheelchair that is a functional object that Sims can manually propel.
    • An electric wheelchair or scooter that Sims can ride in while seated.
    • Functional walking sticks and canes as well as build mode objects like a cane rack or a cane/umbrella stand.
    • Sight canes.
    • Crutches (including forearm crutches)
    • Rollators (similar animations can be used for baby strollers and shopping carts, or for care assistants to push a sim in a transfer wheelchair)
    • Limb prosthetics (can be natural or futuristic).
    • Hearing aids
    • Soft braces for sports injuries for knees, wrists/hands, ankles. Neck brace. More bandages and ace wraps.
    • Casts and walking boots for broken limbs.
    • Vests and harnesses for service dogs.
    • Fingerless gloves
    • Heating pads and ice packs, can be playful and can include stuffed animal types that kids can use.
    • physical therapy items, like foam rollers, elastic bands, Pilates type balls, balance railings (can also be used for ballet?)

Other considerations:
    Recliners and functional ottomans where Sims can rest their feet.

Accessible signs, all-gender bathroom signs.

FUNCTIONAL RAMPS

More elevators that can be installed and used in residences instead of stairs.

Weighted and heated blankets.

Wheelchair height countertops and other surfaces.

Kids activity desks with chair bands, more social and emotional learning tools. Sensory bins and sensory toys.

Stim tools, fidgets, weighted vests, stim swing. Available for children and adults.

Give options for captioned calls for Deaf/HoH sims. Consider adding Simlish sign language. TV upgrades with closed captions.

NAP ideas:
    Accessible lot.
    Lots should have one accessible entry, or include items like ramps, elevators, automatic doors, sensory friendly lighting (dimmed lights, auto lights), including grip railings in bathrooms, handrails on stairs, curb cuts, low-noise electronics, zero-entry showers, wide doorways, wheelchair-height counters, etc. Snow or leaf piles should be tidied. Mud which is an accessibility hazard can be cleared.

Lots that are not up to code can be fined by the NAC.

Retail goals:
    Sensory friendly hours, senior and disability shopping hours, accessible entries and bathrooms. Making a retail, restaurant, or other commercial space accessible can be an achievement.

Pride flags and ribbons:
    Disability pride, autism acceptance infinity symbol, zebra pattern for rare illness, ♿️ blue wheelchair icon, colors that are common for multiple disabilities and conditions.

Dietary restrictions:
    More dietary restrictions but build them into the likes/dislikes so you can pick multiple allergies. Add allergy free recipe/food items for the top 8 allergies.

Moodlets:
    Happy - this lot is accessible
    Uncomfortable or Angry - sensory overload
    Uncomfortable - acute injuries
    Angry - this lot is NOT accessible
    Angry - No captions
    Happy - allergy free food
    Uncomfortable - fatigue (from a disabling condition)

Careers:

Care assistant / HHC worker
    Add a care assistant to the hire a service options. Vital for disabled and elder sims. Care assistant can be one day, live-in, or scheduled. The care assistant can also be a career (home healthcare worker, midwife for pregnant or postpartum Sims). Care assistant can do butler type interactions: cleaning, cooking, childcare, pushing a sim in a wheelchair, do repairs). Add function that the care assistant can accompany a
    Disabled sim off the lot.

Therapist - therapist can help Sims with intense moodlets and with wellness buffs.

Physical Therapist - can help increase fitness skills or handle acute injuries.

Clubs
    Add a type of club that is a support group or an awareness group.

These are just a few ideas I have. The mobility aids, ramps, hearing aids, and walking canes are all highly wanted functions/items the community has been asking of the dev team for a long time.

As someone who is autistic I never considered Lazy as a slur, I still use it in my vocabulary, BTW where are you getting this information from?
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2022
    More depth in family gameplay. I just made a post about my dog getting puppies, and there wasn't anything special about it, for my sims was like nothing ever happened. Similar with most of the few events happening in game. Families won't react in any meaningful way to pregnancy, birth, first day of school and high-school, birthdays, their children's stages or phases, fairs, festivals, everything feels a little too meaningless. I feel like, only with more detail in those notifications and their moodlets, I would be so happy. Like... I want to receive a notification saying "today is... First day of school!" after my family's toddler age ups to kid, I want to get a moodlet knowing if he's nervous or excited depending on the child traits ! I want my family to react to their pets having puppies, or to the new siblings, etc etc etc!
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2022
    procian wrote: »
    Pre teens and middle aged sims.....baby-toddler-child-pre teen-teen-young adult-adult-middle aged-elder....

Yes to all this! I'd also want preschoolers. A phase between toddlers and kids, where sims could start preschool, and look a little bit older and taller than toddlers ( 4-6), but still have a very childish look, with a cas full of silly, fun, adorable clothes. Preschoolers could be a little more independent, but would still require their parent's supervision more than children, and their parent's help for plenty of activities like swimming, or playing in the swings, etc. Preschool homework could include: make holidays cards, learn to say please and thank you, learn a new skill, etc.
  • Options
    Expansion Pack Idea: The Sims: Run for Office (Politics)

Key Features
    - Run for Political Positions: Run for mayor or parliament to serve terms of specific length
    - Pass Legislation: Sims in elected positions must form political alliances and work with other elected (or appointed) sims to create governing laws of the sim world –
    - Join a political party, adopt the platform of one of two political parties or create your own

New Features

Elected Positions – Sims can run or be appointed to positions of political power. They can also be voted out or impeached.

Campaigns – For positions that require elections, Sims will need to run campaigns to secure the votes of others (they may want to even hire a campaign manager to help)

Explore the Capital City – A New Political Neighborhood for Sims with political careers (although other sims can book vacations there to tour the congressional offices or join in a political protest).

New Additions
    New Objects
    - Playable Political Careers: Campaign Manager, Politician, Law Maker, Lobbyist
    - New Aspirations such as Corrupt Congressperson, Tyrant, Distinguished Diplomat,
    New Radio Stations:
    - Talking Heads
    - Join a political party to unlock that parties’ station
    New Television Channels:
    - Political Debate
    - Pundit Network
    New Skills
    - Diplomacy
    - Podcasting
    - Filibustering
    New Types of Death
    - Death by Assassination
    - Death by Angry Mob
    Other New Features
    - New Woohoo Location: Under desk
    - Deny woohoo allegations
    - Discuss political leaders
    - Ask about political views/platform
    - Disagree about politics
    - Political Internship Activity for Teens
    - Exercise political right to vote
    - Hire lobbyists
    - Political protests
    - Political fame comes with very specific perks (issuing pardons) but also downfalls (political scandals)
    - Commit election fraud
    - Allocate collected tax dollars to building community lots
  • Options
    Idea Dump Continued....

Some less fleshed out ideas:

Save the World (Superhero themed)
    - Form Alliances with other Super Sims to defeat Villians
    - Sims are born with or assigned special Types of Powers such as Invisibility (isn’t seen by other sims), Super Strength (can lift and place any object in the game), or super speed
    o Like Vampires or Fame, the more power a sim has the more they will likely have to accept a weakness in exchange for power – ie can die by eating certain foods, or is powerless against certain attacks

The following three are ideas that could potentially stand-alone, but they would also connect well with the Run for Office/Get Elected idea I had in this post. One theme I keep thinking of is how much I like the trend toward expanding play to depend on neighborhoods as opposed to just individual families, I think all of these and the political idea build on that concept:

Natural Disasters:
    - Enable Natural Disasters for game play and each neighborhood must plan for their survival during possible natural disasters (similar to how this is done in Sim City where you need to have enough electricity or food to get through)
    - This would also further expand the importance of larger scale neighborhood play and how your sim interacts with others they live in
    - Possible for there to be an apocalyptic world or some sort of zombie apocalypse survival aspect?

Espionage or Noir Detective Theme
    - Essentially some way to build gameplay around ‘who dunnits’ or true crime
    - A more detailed dive into the secret agent or detective career where you complete missions to spy on other sims.
    - Wear disguises to keep your identity hidden
    - Place wire taps (will some sims use these to spy on loved ones? Probably)
    - Attend top secret meetings and unlock secret areas in existing neighborhoods such as Strangerville.

Wallstreet
    - Invest in Sim stocks or commodities and play the market to will millions or lose it all
    - There are obviously a number of super populate wallstreet/stock market tropes that would be hilarious to play with (think: Wolf of Wallstreet, Bernie Madoff, or Martha Stewart)

Other Random Brain Dumps:

Model Makeover
    - Similar to dream decorator career but more of a Queer Eye approach where you can make over other Sims looks and lifestyles
    - Possible also an option to have Sims compete in Beauty Pageants or have a career as a supermodel (this likely exists to some degree but make it more formal)

Lucid Dreaming
    - Okay so this is kind of out there, but a sort of inception-like ability for certain sims to exist in a totally different Dream World while they are sleeping

Casino
    - New Las Vegas or Monaco style Vacation World with Casinos
    - Be a performer (Show Girl, Drag Queen), own a casino or just play against it

Okay that's it for me today haha - i promise!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top