Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• LaytonLayton Posts: 6 New Member
    -more slots for traits (at least 5)

With new "neigbourhood stories" update, I would like new very important trait "FAITHFUL or LOYAL" - like LOYAL IN RELATIONSHIP. Because it happens in the game that even very good and happy relationships break up just because someone asks one of the partner to break up. And they do it even if there isnt any problem in the relationship and when they are happily married. Or there shoud be possibility for players to do the decission!

I have one pair in my game, which is happily married but then, one good friend come and ask them to break up and they do it! It is nonsance and they got married in the game already for 3 times. :D I just want them to say NO.

I even tried to change their traits with traiting potion (because one of them had romantic trait), I set family oriented for both of them but it doesn´t fully work for both partners. The influance of the first traits still remain in the game. But there should deffinitely be possibility to make so strong relationship that noone can break it up (even another possible romantic interest).
  • The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'd like to see a bedframe and separate bedding so that we can customize the entire bed. Bed colours are really dull and muted. It's hard to find anything I love - might have a great frame but the bedding is bland and not an attractive pattern. ETA: after finding out that Sims 3 had actual customizable beds, I'm feeling really disappointed and ripped off. I spent so much money on Sims 4 to find out that I own a lesser game. I wish that I had purchased Sims 3 and all of the expansions. The idea of having an open world and so much customization is so much more appealing than what I'm playing now. So disappointed...

I've wondered for years why we don't have separate bed components and are stuck with this lack of customization. If it was done in a previous version, it should be done in the current version. It makes no sense and seems really lazy on EA's part.

I have to add to my list of wants. I would like to see an update that adds color swatches to more than just beds. Some of the textures are almost blurry - they need and update to more realistic fabric.

The sectionals come in limited, muted colors and none of them make me happy. I'd like to see some deep jewel tones, some super saturated colors. They also deserve to have patterns. I'd be happy to make the swatches for free if EA would just update them!
    We could use more swatches for all the fabrics.

What about that corner bathtub? It has been limited to the same three swatches for 9 years! Could we maybe get some texture upgrades? It doesn't go with anything. It would be nice if we could combine things from different expansion packs, kits, etc, because everything could share an expanded color palette.

What about overhead cabinets? We have so many kitchen counters that don't have matching overhead cabinets, which, by the way, should have open shelves that we can decorate.

Some small objects have gigantic footprints which makes no sense. A tiny flower pot shouldn't take up an entire square. We should be able to stack a few small items onto a countertop. I know I'm asking for unicorns here but it is something that I would like.

I would love for EA to stop putting out expansion packs and game packs and just fix things. Fix what needs to be fixed, update and upgrade existing items, and give us content that we want in the form of upgrades. Don't worry, we'll pay money for your expansion packs and kits, but for now we need the ability to build and decorate without having to settle.

• And another thing! I'm in CAS and made a dude who's makeup carried over through every outfit. Perfect creation.
    Now I'm making his gf and plummerplucker if her makeup didn't transfer.

Goshdang EA??? 9 years. 9 plumming years and you still can't get that fixed or updated to make our game life easier.

CAS is the most arduous part of playing. I HATE IT. I hate it because it's inconsistent and won't save makeup and accessories settings across all clothing categories. Rolling the dice is out of the question. I want to create my Sims and bond with them because they're mine. It takes forever. So when I get angry and frustrated I tend to exit the game, slam the lid, and curse every penny I've sunk into this nickel & dime catastrophe.

ETA: THROW PILLOWS! Give us a few size/models for throw pillows and LOTS of swatches. Small footprint too. We like to stack things and clutter our couches. Not everyone wants to use mods or CC but we're forced to if we want to extend our creativity. Stop relying on your community, your paying customers, to finish the DLC for you.

Separate shutters.

Post edited by The_Mercuria on
  • haydendamian_97haydendamian_97 Posts: 63 Member
    Have the option to skip CAS!!
    Hayden Damian, geography buff, aviation buff, likes video games......
  • flaresimsflaresims Posts: 30 Member
    more animals like horses, pigs, etc basically farm animals and more plant types gardening
    𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓼
  • MusealieMusealie Posts: 3 New Member
    Would be cool to have a re-work to the alien wolrd of Sixam and make it more interesting. Open more areas of it to explore, like with the jungle, or at the very least add a building lot to live in or visit that looks kinda alien or futuristic - like the world of magic. Heck, Sims 3 had a futuristic pack, why not expand the worlds you can travel to in space through something like that? I was so excited for Sixam and once I reached it...it was kinda underwhelming. It felt very empty and dissapointing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want a bigger Sixam too. Also, I would love for it to have at least 5 livable lots. And the poor Aliens so needs a copy to sim just like in Vampires. ;)
  • SriwynneSriwynne Posts: 4 New Member
    This is a simple request but it makes me absolutely crazy that we don't have it yet.

Internal doors for medium and tall wall height.

All of the doors we have for those wall heights are big, fancy, most of them have letterboxes and with four or five exceptions they all have glass cutouts. Great for external doors. Not so great if you're trying to build a bathroom. Especially since there are only about three short wall height doors that are tall enough not to look ridiculously tiny on even a medium wall height wall and two of them are from packs.

So yeah. Some nice, plain 1 or 2 tile wide internal doors with no glass bits so I can build bathrooms in medium wallheight homes without hating everything else.

While I'm here, just one minor other thing. The 'Little Swank' door from Get Famous is three tiles wide but it only takes up two. There is an entire extra useless tile that's just there. It's narrower in width than the 'More Door' which is only two tiles. Could you please see your way to removing that useless extra tile so that the door is more usable.
  • MiketsuMiketsu Posts: 2 New Member
    Why is it so laggy ever since that pronoun update? My game has a constant lag that makes it so frustrating and hard to play. Like it's every couple seconds the game has to catch up with itself. Tried so many things to fix it but nothing works. Been playing for years and really don't want this lag that came with the update ruining it completely.
  • bewareofchickensbewareofchickens Posts: 1 New Member
    Please add a color wheel/slider to make hair colors customizable. I also want to be able to choose the extra colors for hair myself, like the ombre and half colors. Color customization for clothes and furniture would be amazing too. Horses for sims 4 as well please so much. That said, I finally got around to playing the cottage and dream home decorator dlcs and I think they are amazing. Finding the sectional sofas and modular shelves that connect together was delightful.
  • Roox77Roox77 Posts: 3 New Member
    Different sleeping animations back. In the Sims 3; Sims would cuddle, toss and turn, etc. It would bring so much liveliness to the Sims 4.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2022
    Can we please have flower arranging added as a club activity? We were given the flower arranging boost, but not the flower arranging activity so the boost is useless unless all the club members are under the same active household.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Diagonal stairs
    More simlish signs or, better yet, individual simlish letters so we can make our own store signs. I love letters with neon and non-neon variants!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Diagonal stairs
    More simlish signs or, better yet, individual simlish letters so we can make our own store signs. I love letters with neon and non-neon variants!

We definitely need more neon signs. Also big ones, not just tiny ones.
  • CWC922CWC922 Posts: 5 New Member
    The garner SHOULD help also to fertilize the plants in your house. I'm aware that it could cost more which would make sense.
  • RuthEstherRuthEsther Posts: 5 New Member
    A refresh of the mermaid's skills to match the spellcasters, vampires and werewolves - it would also be nice if 'swim with' actually gave social and relationship points rather than just each sim swimming separately.
    An integration of the costumes for Seasons 'harvestfest' and other costume wearing events.
    Actual wedding veils or at least a crown or some flowers that sit on the hair like a hat - how was that missed for Wedding stories?!?
    Some more poses when taking photos of sims together through the camera.
    More foundations that are brick and or match some of the existing exteriors!
    Either a costume box like there was in Sims 1 to get everyone to change into their attire OR the categories to be updated on events to get everyone come formal, party, swimwear etc.
    Roof lines or roof pieces that snap beneath the standard roof line, kind of like an awning OR at minimum a flat roof that connects beneath.
    And finally spiral stairs - I know they've been asked for but it's worth asking again.
  • demon25970demon25970 Posts: 1 New Member
    Delayed invitations, please! Such a long awaited feature. I know there is a mod but I want to have this in the game by default.
    https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/962000/please-please-let-us-delay-invitations
  • GoobygoobGoobygoob Posts: 1 New Member
    the werewolves need tails. Possibly even arched back legs like werewolves have. There very human like. Please, so happy we actually have a werewolf pack and they actually look like animals. But pls pls pls
  • MomoDeeMomoDee Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see less US-centric content in the near future (I'm American by the way, born and raised), the new High School pack is based off of the high school experience here in the States so I don't think this EP would go well when played in worlds like Mt. Komorebi or Sulani. This game has a huge fan base outside of the US so I think EA/Maxis should do more to include culturally relevant content to acknowledge that beyond just the EPs they've released in the past. Cram schools would've been a perfect addition for the game, specifically Mt. Komorebi as a lot trait as well as field trips and school festivals.
  • EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited July 2022
    Really need the drop-down menu to choose all choices like Aunt, Uncle, Grandma, Grandpa, for I see some asked for this and nothing has been fixed for this...This is needed for story lines for sure...

Another cool thing a VR game for the Sims 4 that we use our VR with Sims 4 game if at possible, I had this come into my mind while I was trying to sleep and this is what I saw with VR we are inside the game and we are the Sims, we can build to eat to cooking, to baking, to sleeping, to fight etc... and to see our Sim self in a mirror we are the first person in the game, I saw how we could build using the remote in buy/build, it may be hard but easy it seemed what I saw from my mind, anyways a cool idea. LOL

Curved walls and windows and doors. And pools PLEASE!

Garage doors that open and shut and drive cars around the neighborhood as well as ride horses.

Breed Horses, cows, llamas.

spiral staircases.

And need more free objects...

Bigger lots need more 64x64 and the 50x50 a lot more,

Create-A-World Our own way like Sims 3 has and for wall coverings and flooring please give us CAW and CAP, CAWall please give us these standalone programs please please, please......

Post edited by EndlessSims3 on
  • Goofball717Goofball717 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello!

I would love to see career promotions being an option after viewing the hours. Sometimes, the schedule doesn't work around the sim's family's schedules and I would've rather had them stay at the old position.

I also feel that when asked via phone call to join a club, my sim should have the option to ask more about the club (i.e., what the activities are, who's in it, etc.).

Thank you!
  • Goofball717Goofball717 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello (again)!

I feel there should be an age between "child" and "teen". Middle school is a big milestone.

Also, an aspiration to own a business or a chain of businesses.

Thank you!
  • PhoenixHalliwellPhoenixHalliwell Posts: 11 New Member
    What I really want to see in the game that should've been available from the release of the base game is the ability to customize the worlds and the ability to add more lots and the different size lots into the worlds in order for simmers to be able to build more houses or community lots in their games. Also when are we going to get drivable cars in the game.
  • BiogrossBiogross Posts: 1 New Member
    Longish post, but...

Relationship deepening...

This came from a place of thinking of relationship maps in tabletop games and observing a lot of patients in therapy sessions.

So I have been thinking a lot about relationships between people. How for people not all friendships are the same. Not all parent-child relationships are the same person to person, not everyone feels the same as the other person in a relationship/friendship/familyship etc.

-I would love to see an expansion of the relationships between sims, perhaps seeing a friend as a mentor or someone who your sims cares for (like the impressed/adoring sentiment but perhaps more permanent)
    -and even in things like an evil sim who meets another evil sim and thinks "Yes they can take over my reign of evil mwahahaha"
    - Perhaps having a friend who is a rival which spurs the sim on to compete or try to cooperate or who angers the sim (think pokemon rivalry).
    -Social interactions between friends who have been around for a long time changing. That childhood friend who fades out of a persons life and the new best friend from school. The idea of "frenemies" liking and loathing a person all at once, joined in judgement of other sims shoes but always trying to one up eachother.
    -some examples of the differences between friendships I mean; Having one friend who is cherished, another who brings excitement, another who brings good advice, another who is a mess and causes diffiulties. One friend who i love to play video games with, another who i share a passion for my degree with, another who tells the worst jokes but I've known them forever and i feel so comfortable around.
    -Much like you can have unrequited romances such as a crush which doesnt happen back.

This may be a big ask and thinking about it i expect it would be challenging to implement however; having these relationships matter to devlopment and be in a sims memory, remembering that rejection, or that loss, or that perfect date, or that brilliant day with their child beyond having a sentiment about it but allowing it to shape the sim through their life.

It would be good to have this be more observed gameplay rather than the theatre of the mind.

I hope this makes sense! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top