Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 and things

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2, Episode 10 is now finally available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/V8Dv08c2A4E

In this episode the Walker household continues with their lives. The children continue to work on their skills. Denise makes her imaginary friend real, Max and Paul have birthdays, and there is an unexpected new arrival in the household.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2, Episode 11 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/yG2bdMYIspo

I hope you enjoy it.

There are some birthdays, the children and teens go fishing in the river across from their house, the usual townies invade their yard to sleep by the pool or play with the Group Science Project and progress is made with opportunities, potion discovery and reading of skill and recipe books. At the end of the video we get a peek at the family trees of the alien members of the household.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 2 Episode 12 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/P2Glf4st6ps

A few surprising things happen in this episode. There will be consequences in future episodes. I got a surprise when these things happened but decided to go with it as the story will be even more fun.

In the end, Don takes Mary and Barbara to live in Vice City and Mary throws a house party and invites the entire population of the world. Everyone turns up, including a sim the game seems to have added as I've never seen him before. The entire population of the world is currently, Mary, her brother Martin, their imaginary friends made real Barbara and Bart, Caroline Price who I added to the world when I set it up to be part of this game, plus the one extra sim who unexpectedly arrived at the party.

I hope you enjoy watching the video.
  • Options
    I've had some problems with getting this video onto YouTube. First attempt failed to process so I had to load it again. It is now on YT and available for you to watch. I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/yynb8291gm8

It's now available for you to watch if you'd like to have a bit of fun. There is lots of magic going on in this episode. And an oversupply of insect spawners.

Judy Butler, from the Isla Paradiso Bunch series, and her family now live together in Sunlit Tides. The rest of the Isla Paradiso Bunch are living in Dragon Valley.

If you watched the previous episode of The Perfect Genetics Challenge, you will remember that Carl was toadified. He's been trying to solve his problem using Alchemy. But it was alchemy that got him into this mess in the first place and so far he's been completely unsuccessful in finding a cure that actually works on him.

Carl's father, Bill, does some research on the internet and decides Carl's best chance of a cure would be to travel to Sunlit Tides and track down Judy. Judy happens to be a very powerful witch. Bill's research has revealed it might be possible for a powerful witch to cure Carl. Furthermore, no witches living in Moonlit Falls are sufficiently powerful, so Carl is going to have to travel and throw himself on the mercy of a strange witch who he's never met before.

We will get to meet all members of Judy's large household. They include Judy, Joe Hart (a new potential love interest for Judy - nothing happening there yet though), Charlie Lake (Charlie The Plant Sim), Anne Butler (clone of Judy), Bertie and Benjie Butler (twin plant sims - picked at the same time but from two separate forbidden fruit seeds), Terry King (clone of Triton King), Donna Dutiel (clone of Lea Dutiel from France). Plus their imaginary friends who have been made real Peter Lake, Ruth Butler, Pippa Butler, Carl Butler, and Harry King. Only Donna has her doll still in her inventory.

A bit of background. Judy was the first witch I ever made, and she was made soon after Supernatural was released. I wanted her to make a plant sim but she kept failing. She eventually made a forbidden fruit seed and planted it and tended it carefully but was not available to pick it when it was ready to be picked, so one of Judy's housemates Dora Lake picked the baby. To my surprise this meant Dora was the mother. But I soon decided he was Judy's child. So she had a plant sim named Charlie. Judy kept on having major failures with the Science experiments and in frustration I got her to take a DNA sample of herself and told her to clone from the sample. To my surprise a baby girl emerged from the machine, and Judy named her Anne. Charlie and Anne were toddlers together and aged up to Child before I moved on to other things in the Sims. They languished in an old game for years. Then I made a witches' village in Dragon Valley, and I searched for all of my witches I'd ever made, plus another 20 I'd made recently, and put them all into the village I'd made on top of the plateau in Dragon Valley. Then I was trying to get Judy to get the badge for making 300 elixirs. She failed. I decided maybe her failure was because she was in a multi sim household. So I sent her to Isla Paradiso and put her, alone, into a house there. She made over 300 elixirs and still no sign of a badge. I then added a few extra sims and they were all crazily making elixirs. Then I decided to try posting videos to YouTube and that was my current game, and the Isla Paradiso Bunch videos began.

Once the second series of Isla Paradiso Bunch was completed that save was totally unplayable. I packed everyone up and placed them into a new game in Dragon Valley. I played with them for a while, but after making most of the imaginary friends real it was obvious that the game would soon be unplayable. Meanwhile I had grabbed Charlie and Anne from the old Dragon Valley game and added them to Judy's family.

In order to save them all I sent Judy and her family to live in Sunlit Tides. They still can visit the rest of the household who are living in Dragon Valley.

Now, in this episode of The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Carl will stay with Judy for a while in the hope she might be able to cure him. This will allow anyone who would like to catch up with some of the sims from The Isla Paradiso Bunch to see them. At the end of the Isla Paradiso Bunch series Judy's children were all toddlers or children. Now they've all aged up one level so they are now all children and teens.

Judy Butler (a powerful witch)
    Judy002.jpg

Judy001.jpg

Joe Hart (a new sim I added to the household just before I stopped playing their household - I thought he might be a love interest for Judy but she seems to like cloning her babies)
    Joe-Hart004.jpg

Charlie Lake (Charlie The Plant Sim)
    Charlie-Lake.jpg

Peter Lake (Charlie's IF made real)
    PeterLake002.jpg

Anne Butler
    Anne-Ruth-Benjie-Butler001.jpg
    She's mostly seen in her bikini as this household has a serious problem with sprinklers.

Ruth Butler (Anne's IF made real)
    Ruth-Butler005.jpg

Benjie Butler (plant sim)
    Benjie002.jpg

Pippa Butler (plant sim's IF made real)
    Pippa002.jpg

Bertie Butler (plant sim)
    Bertie-Butler001.jpg

Carl Butler (Plant sim's IF made Real)
    Carl-Butler002.jpg

Terry King (mermaid and clone of Triton King)
    Terry-King003.jpg

Harry King (Terry King's IF made real)
    Harry-King001.jpg

Donna Dutiel (clone of Lea Dutiel from France)
    Donna-Dutiel001.jpg

Anne and Terry
    Anne-Terry001.jpg

• Options
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2, Episode 14 is now up on YouTube for you to watch.

In this episode three sims age up and the entire household, including the house, move to Appaloosa Plains from Moonlight Falls.

Lots more is happening as the sims start behaving slightly differently in the new world. It's as if they just got a new pool, some of them have become obsessed with swimming and diving.

The locals of Appaloosa Plains are not coming into the yard to obsessively play with the Group Science Project. That's probably because it no longer has its Green Flame. I've been wondering if I should make it have the green flame again or not. So far, I've decided to leave it as it is. Of course, the house got reset when I saved it to the library and then placed it into a fresh lot in Appaloosa Plains. This means I'm currently not getting Error 12 when I need to save. The main reason for the move was to try to stop the constant Error 12 and loss of so much game play that just didn't save.

The entire household has been busily getting to know the new set of locals whether or not they meet them at school or at work. Locals are around. The Base Camp has been placed next door to the main house so we can keep an eye on who is visiting. So far we've seen Pip Goodfellow from Moonlight Falls visiting Appaloosa Plains. You will see him there is you watch this video.

The main thing I was working on this time was to get sims sufficiently skilled to allow me to age them up. You won't see much of the skilling and reading but every so often you will briefly glimpse them all focusing on some task I have set them to either improve skills, or satisfy a wish that will allow me to give them some lifetime rewards before they move out to live on their own in another world.

https://youtu.be/3hBspW1yNOA

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Hello All

Episode 15 of Generation 2 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge is available for you to watch on YouTube.

In this episode the sims continue learning skills and reading books.

There is a total of five birthday parties in this episode.

In the first half of the video the twins, Daryl and Denise, plus their imaginary friends made real, Riley and Byron, age up from child to teen.

Once those birthday parties are complete the four newly aged up sims get a makeover.

Then Don, their grandfather, plus Max and Paul all travel to Mountain Lake. Max and Paul are preparing to age up to Young Adult and will continue finishing their preparation in Mountain Lake.

In this episode, the traveling party stays with Gary and Donna Flower-Walker and their twins, Elsie and Charlie.

Elsie and Charlie Flower-Walker were born at the same time as Daryl and Denise. I thought they ought to age up to teen now as well. But they'll have to learn some skills first.

At the start of this episode, we see Mabel Flower, a plant sim from Mountain Lake, stuck outside the Base Camp. I reset her. Mabel lives in Mountain Lake so we will see her again later in this episode.

As for Gary's wife, Donna. You may be familiar with her as there are a few chapters of the Generation 1 videos devoted to her and her household. Mabel is originally from that household. She has since moved out and now lives in another house close to Gary and Donna's house. Unfortunately for Mable she has an incident with the Scraptronic Workbench. As a result of this unfortunate occurrence there is a bit of extra excitement there.

At the start of the video we see a plant sim dressed in very pale pink. She is chatting with Flora. We don't see Flora again this episode. The plant sim is Petunia Flower-Walker. She is Donna's daughter. Petunia has completed numerous skills. At the end of the video, Petunia ages up from teen to Young Adult. Petunia's imaginary friend made real is Patricia and Patricia is still working on skills, so she doesn't age up with Petunia. We also see Patricia at the start of the video as she is playing catch with Sophy Rodgers. Sophy is one of many townies who came with Moonlight Falls and have been since moved to Mountain Lake.

You will see the townies from Moonlight Falls wandering around town occasionally.

Two other sims who have previously aged up to young adult and moved to Mountain Lake are Cosmo and Percy Walker. Cosmo is the imaginary friend made real of Olivia's plant sim daughter, Petal. Percy is the son of Don and Olivia. He was their youngest child until little Oliva was born. We see Cosmo and Percy at the Stones Throw Greenhouse when Don goes there to collect some seeds.

I hope you enjoy the video. I expect the next few episodes will be set in Mountain Lake and the traveling party will move between houses so we will eventually get to know most of the population of this world, particularly those who have children who need to age up to teen.

The world, Mountain Lake, was made by Rflong7.
    Appaloosa Plains world shipped with the Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack.

Happy Simming

Here is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/31BHYk-K5OY
  • Options
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2, Episode 16 is now ready for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/jfDzZqL-Jdk

Mountain Lake is a world made by Rflong7.

Important sims who do not appear in this episode
    Olivia Walker - the founder of this challenge. She does not appear in this episode.
    Cindy Walker-Williamson - Olivia's heir
    James Cooper-Walker Olivia and Don's son. James lives next door to Gary.

In episode 15 a group of sims from the main household travelled to Mountain Lake and moved into the household of Gary Flower-Walker and his wife Donna.

In this episode the travelers and members of the Flower-Walker household focus on gaining skills and reading recipes and fishing bait books. As they progress through their skill gains they age up, so there are several birthday parties in this episode.

It is a busy episode and we see the sims working on gaining skills such as inventing, discovering potions, researching alchemy, sculpting, gardening, making elixirs and potions, going to school, playing on their computer and dancing.

Sims n the household are...

Sims who live permanently in this house:

Gary Flower-Walker - a young Adult. Gary is the eldest son of Don and Olivia
    Donna Flower Walker - Gary's wife who is a fairy - a Young Adult
    Petunia Flower-Walker - Donna's plant sim daughter - a Young Adult
    Patricia Flower-Walker - Petunia's imaginary friend made real - a Teen who ages up to a Young Adult
    Elsie Flower-Walker - Gary and Donna's daughter - a child who ages up to Teen. Elsie is a fairy.
    Pamela Flower-Walker - Elsie's imaginary friend made real - a child who ages up to Teen
    Charlie Flower-Walker - Elsie's twin brother. He is a child who ages up to Teen and is a fairy.
    Flora Flower-Walker - Charlie's imaginary friend made real who ages up to child
    Stray Cat - the family cat who wanders around the house and likes to watch the butterflies in the Bug Lovers Display Case.

The visitors who are temporarily in Mountain Lake and staying with Gary and Donna in this episode
    Don Walker - the husband of Olivia (the founder). Don is and adult.
    Max Ayohod - Don's alien son. Max is a teen who ages up to young adult.
    Paul Ayohod - Max's imaginary friend made real. Paul is a teen who ages up to young adult.
    Denise Walker-Williamson - Don's grand-daughter - a teen
    Riley Walker-Williamson - Denise's imaginary friend made real - a teen
    Daryl Walker-Williamson - Denise's twin brother - a teen
    Byron Walker-Williamson - Daryl's imaginary friend made real - a teen

Permanent residents of Mountain Lake who temporally move into the active household. They will return home to their parents in due course.
    Their parents are Chas and Prue Walker. Chas is Gary's imaginary friend made real and is a young adult. Prue is James's imaginary Friend made real and is a young adult. James is Gary's brother and next door neighbour.
    Aurora Walker - imaginary friend born in game to Chas and Prue Walker. She is a child and will age up to teen in the next episode
    Somer Walker - imaginary friend born in game to Chas and Prue Walker. She is a child and will age up to teen in the next episode
    Bethany Walker - imaginary friend born in game to Chas and Prue Walker. She is a child and will not age up yet.

As you can see there is a lot of potential for fun and games in this episode. Different sims come and go. They get up to autonomous antics, but focus mostly on the tasks I have set for them. Sometimes unexpected things happen.

Hopefully you will enjoy this episode. I'm working on the next episode now.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    I managed to get the video up onto YouTube. I think it took about 10 minutes to load. I got it started and had to go out and when I came back a few hours later it was on YouTube and had some views. The the new internet connection is a lot faster when loading larger files.

Here is The Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 2 Episode 17.

https://youtu.be/EHifgmArFuQ

This continues on from Episode 16 and we begin with the final birthdays for this household. Then we see the sims going about their daily activities. In the end Don take the four newly ages up Young Adults to Vice City.

Next episode will begin in Vice City so we can spend some time with the vairous sims living there. Then Don will return to Mountain Lake and the three little born in game imaginary sims will return to their parents and Don and the rest of his travelling group will move next door to James's house.
  • Options
    Update on progress on the next episode of Perfect Genetics Challenge.

Don returned to Gary's house in Mountain Lake. I reunited the three little imaginary friends who were born in the game to their parents. They had moved to a different house and it is a much bigger and more comfortable house for a family than the house I'd put their parents into when they first got married and there was just the two of them. They are still on the shore of the lake. When I moved the girls home I gave their house a makeover. There wasn't much to do. You'll see what I did if you watch the video.

Then I went back to Don who was still at Gary's place with his remaining charges.

I spent some time in each house emptying the inventories of sims who belong in the house I was in at the time. This makes the game run faster and it's much more smooth play. A very full inventory can bring the game to a complete stop. It will begin running nicely again once the inventory is reduced in size but that can be a painfully tedious process once things get that bad.

Anyway, after emptying relevant inventories I moved Don with Denise, Daryl, Byron and Riley to James's house.

I was in for a surprise, although I'd been seeing signs of what I might see while playing in Gary's house.

It turns out James and his wife, Carla are now divorced. Carla is living there with their four children and the four imaginary friends made real of their children. Carla's boyfriend is Percy. Percy is James's younger brother. Percy was the youngest of Don and Olivia's children before little Oliver was born. I think Percy still lives on his own in the small house I placed him into when I moved him to Mountain Lake. He isn't living at Carla's place.

James has a girlfriend too. She is Mabel. Mabel is a plant sim who started out as a member of Donna's household. Donna is Gary's wife. I had been thinking of moving Mabel to Vice City. Maybe I'll have to rethink that. I don't yet know where James is living. If he's moved into Mabel's house then Don will be with him after James's children have all aged up to teen.

All of James's children, including the imaginary friends made real, have some skills. But they are not as skilled as the others I have just trained. I will probably get them to do a bit more training now but won't spend the time with them that I spent in Gary and Donna's household. I can come back to James's children and train them later when they are ready to age up to Young Adult and move to Vice City.

I'm looking forward to moving Don to Mabel's house as there are some very interesting sims living in it and I want them to age up too. They all came from Donna's house originally. They are mostly imaginary friends made real and plant sims. One is an evil plant sim fairy hybrid.

So things are getting interesting. I have started recording game play for the next video but it'll be a week or two before it's ready to load to YouTube. At least my load time is no longer an overnight process since I got the new internet connection.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    I finally got Episode 18 of Generation 2 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge loaded to YouTube and it is now available for you to watch.

It loaded really fast too. My new internet connection has changed the load time for a 30 minute video from about 8 hours to about 10 minutes.

https://youtu.be/77Vh65mSSPI

The sims are in Vice City for the whole of this episode. We get to look around the world and into a few houses. I have bulldozed some lots in the world and placed some of my preferred venues in their place. I added a roller coaster that is available in my studio, the Porter Party Mini Warehouse from Showtime, The Elixir Consignment Store from Supernatural, Vaarg's Tavern from Supernatural, the Stones Throw Greenhouse from the Sims 3 Store and a wedding venue I built and it is not in my studio as it contains custom content.

Olivia is the founder of this Perfect Genetics Challenge. Her husband, Don, has taken some of their grandchildren to Mountain Lake to visit their cousins. The cousins needed training, and they needed to turn their imaginary friends real, and they needed to age up.

Four of the cousins aged up to Young Adult and there is no room in Mountain Lake for them to have their own homes so they need to move to a different world. Don took them to Vice City in the previous episode.

In this episode we have a look around the world, see where I placed the venues and have a look inside some of the homes.

Max is Don's alien son and he visits the roller coaster and throws a party at the Porter Party Mini Warehouse. The party is somewhat eventful as it is supposed to be a costume party but everyone got into the pool and had a great time swimming. A drowning was narrowly avoided and some of the guests became zombies during the party. But everyone went home happy and the party was awesome according to the majority of the guests.

I popped into Paul's new house to see his new basement that contains his sculpting equipment. Paul is Max's imaginary friend made real. Paul has the Bot Fan trait. I found him sitting reading while in his Bot Form. I told him to change into his organic form. He turned into his Doll Form. After several attempts to use his menu to get him into his human form I finally told him to change into his everyday outfit and that fixed him. He was back into his human form.

Then we go and have a look at Patricia's basement and this visit was uneventful. Then Don dialed up his travel provider and headed back to Mountain Lake. We will see him there is in the next episode.

I hope you enjoy this video.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Episode 19 of Generation 2 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/98wg0zCO75M

Don has returned to Mountain Lake after his visit to Vice City. He has some errands to do before moving into his second son, James's house to supervise the birthdays of James and Carla's quads and their imaginary friends made real.

Before the move into James and Carla's house we visit the home of the married imaginary friends made real, Chas and Prue Walker. Their three daughters had been visiting the home of Gary and Donna. Gary is Chas's previous owner. James is Prue's previous owner. The three little born in game imaginary friends have completed their studies and the twins, Aurora and Somer, have aged up to teen. Bethany is still a child but she now has skills. We have a look around their home before Don moves into James and Carla's house with his travelling companions, the teens Denise, Daryl, Byron and Riley. Denise and Daryl are Don's grandchildren and Byron and Riley are their imaginary friends made real.

On arrival at James and Carla's home we discover there has been some problems and James has moved out and left Carla with eight children to raise alone. James is now in a serious relationship with a Plant Sim named Mabel. Mabel started out as a housemate of Gary's wife, Donna before Gary and Donna met and got married. Donna had kicked Mabel out of their household for some reason and Mabel was homeless for a while before I found her and placed her into a house I used to hold extra sims that I moved out of Donna's house. Don will be visiting that house after we finish with Carla and her children. I want to get to the bottom of the issue with James and Mabel.

I was surprised to learn that Carla has a new boyfriend. He is Percy Walker, the younger brother of her ex-husband. I'm not sure what to do about that so might leave them alone until next time I take a sim to visit Mountain Lake.

There are 8 birthdays but they are dealt with quite quickly. Next episode we will see some of the work they did to learn some skills before Don and his companions move across the street to Mabel's house.

EDIT: I have tried to increase the volume of the narration and reduce the volume of the music. Please let me know if this is OK.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top