July 16 - The Sims 4 players, it's patch day! Check what's new for PC/Mac here and for console here.
July 16 - We will be performing a maintenance on The Sims 3 servers today. Details here.
July 12 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Sims 3 and things

123457...Next

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 19,577 Member
    Episode 75 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube and ready for viewing.

In this episode Craig and Sam complete the tomb containing Do ng Huo's treasure. The final part of the tomb collection for China was in that tomb and Craig managed to collect it and we finally got it home to Isla Paradiso safely. I got a little video to prove it. Just in case.

After they complete the tomb the season changes and we see Autumn colours throughout Shang Simla. They work on their visa points and do quite well. Sam manages to get to level 3. The others have to settle for level 2 visa for now.

We see the little ice girls skating on the pond at the back of their house. Plus lots of stunning pictures of the colours found in China in the Autumn.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 8

It's been a while, but I finally did it - this episode is now available to watch on YouTube. I'll start on Part 9 in the morning. It won't take too long I hope as I have the video recorded, I just have to put it together and do the narration.

In this episode we meet the father of the 15 teens in the household. He lives in a house nearby with several sims and we meet all of them plus get an update of the current situation with the teens. There is a tiny tutorial at the end of the video as well - you see me set an old gnome back to toddler stage. Actually, he was just getting a bit grey, hadn't reached the elder stage yet but he's a toddler again now.

Here's the link.

I hope you enjoy the video. Happy Simming
    edited June 27
    I'm pleased to announce that my latest video - 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 9 is now live on YouTube for anyone who would like to watch it.

This one runs for about 16 minutes. Eleven of them are in France. We see them arrive and leave so nothing else is in it other than what they get up to in France. You won't see them completing any tombs in France, I'll leave that to The Isla Paradiso Bunch.

I did do a bit of sleuthing and discovered the distant city is not visible to this household. That'll be why I hadn't noticed it before. I think it might be visible only to sims living in that mansion the Isla Paradiso Bunch are living in when they are in France. They get the Beautiful Vista moodlet when in that house.

I'll work on the next video in this series now and when I've posted it I'll move on to another series. Today I didn't record any new video but I did decorate their bottom basement - which is only the third basement down from the top. This household has no fourth basement so far.

They had lots of cash left over from the 100,000 simoleans they got from their genie wish. I spent all of it decorating. They had over 50,000 simoleans left when they got home from France. I didn't do much to other levels, but in their garden basement I removed quite a lot of the soil rugs. I used the space to do three main things.
    1. Set up a room for Coby's private museum. He decided he wanted that LTW while in France. This of course means they'll need to do a couple more, at least one, visit to an adventure world to complete his collection of 20,000 simoleans worth of relics.
    2. Begin setting up a room for someone to make nectar.
    3. Set up a space for birthdays.

The birthday space is what cost the most simoleans to do. There are going to be a few birthdays soon, at least one in the next episode, so I wanted a fairly spectacular place for all the celebrations. I used a half wall to denote the change of use of the huge space. This means the garden, when they have a garden, will form a backdrop to the parties.

Before they resorted to wishing for wealth from the genie several of them tried their luck with the wishing well. They did get a few lucky wishes but only small gains were made for the most part. Two of them got cars, a sloppy jalopy and a big lemon - sold both of them. Then one of the others got another car which we decided to keep. It belongs to a teen who can't drive but it looks good parked in their driveway.

Home001.jpg

I noticed them queuing for quite a while when all 15 of them were below ground and the school bus arrived. So I added a second spiral staircase for them to use. This one emerges in their garage. They garage can't be used for a car anyway so I thought it'd be better there than out in the yard where I'd have to build something to cover it and spoil the look of the area.

It never ceases to amuse me that this school bus is currently carrying 15 teens plus a driver.
    Schoolbus001.jpg

It is Autumn in the game now and some days the ponds are frozen over. Demetria needs to catch a few more perfect fish for her Lifetime Wish of perfect private aquarium. She's trying out the wishing well that is indoors.
    Demetria001.jpg

In part 8 I tried to get all the teens together in one place but it was much harder than herding cats. I literally did get all of Gerties 15 cats to pose for me for about 1 second a few months ago. But for this lot I never managed to get all 15 into one shot. I ended up with about 4 or 5 shots and I'm still not sure I got everyone. I certainly didn't get them all into one shot.

Here is one of the pictures I got of most of them. They are in the area I think of as the main basement as that's where they currently spend a lot of their time.
    The-Teens001.jpg

I am enjoying their paintings as they are still producing artworks I've not previously seen in my games. I don't have a mod that gives me extra or paintings different from what is provided by the game.

I have generally expanded the main basement by just making it bigger but haven't decorated it yet, or decided on how that extra space will be used. I suspect it'll be new bedrooms and possibly some space for activities and skilling objects.

In the pictures below, this is the area I plan to use for birthday parties. I still have to work out what's going on with the lighting down there. The buydebug lights I've got all over that level don't seem to be providing any light. I'm wondering if I used the daylight lights because they don't even seem to come on while sims are down there gardening. That's why there is no video of gardening activities in the videos yet. I'll sort that out before I record anything more down there.

Here are the pictures, lit by a few ceiling lights, of the birthday area. The lighting looks nice and moody here, but won't be any good for recording video.

The big dark square on the floor is a dance floor. I used the bubble bar as I haven't used it for years. As far as I know, I didn't include any 3rd party content in the decoration of this level/room.
    Birthday-Basement001.jpg

The birthday cake is sitting ready to be used. I hope it doesn't go off before Javon gets home and does his homework. I just realised he's going to need to go to school next day as he's part way through the opportunity to work for a day. Maybe I'll age someone else up instead. Currently they are all the same age. I was just too keen to get the cake on the table.
    Birthday-Basement002.jpg

You can see the nectar making machine in the next room. The lights are on in there. I still don't know why it's so dark in the birthday and garden room.
    Birthday-Basement003.jpg

I put a karaoke machine in there for them too. I don't usually do that. I haven't got any celebration balloons or posters though. I might add a bit more bling before we get on with an actual birthday. Not much room for it now though.
    Birthday-Basement004.jpg
    The garden is to the left of this picture - behind a half wall.

There's another bar and a buffet table as well as hifi equipment if they need music and no one is enjoying karaoke.
    Birthday-Basement006.jpg

That's the dance floor in front and the nectar machine in the next room.
    Birthday-Basement007.jpg

Not much of any of this has appeared in a video yet. So it's just a bit of a sneak peek.

EDIT: Most of the birthday room objects were from Showtime or Supernatural. In the end I had to look in the store and a few other places for some odds and ends. You might notice some of the items have a different appearance from the one offered by the store. This is because when they sold us stuff from the store there were often extra stencils provided but not enabled. I have several, quite a collection actually, of mods that unlock the stencils that originally came with the store content but were not enabled. I also have a mod that unlocks the hidden Showtime objects. So although I don't have any actual 3rd party content I do have unlocked objects and stencils. I believe the Showtime objects are able to be unlocked in game by doing Simports.

EDIT2: The lights came on - they just needed to think about it for a while apparently.

Birthday-Basement008.jpg
    The 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 10 is now available on YouTube. It runs for about 16 minutes.

There is a BIG birthday party at the end.

I've been expanding and decorating the expansions slowly. And I've been preparing for the grandchildren to begin arriving. There won't be any for a few more episodes though.

We see them fishing, collecting, attending school, gardening and doing all sorts of skill related activities in this video.

Happy Simming
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 11 is now ready to view on YouTube

Javon ages up, lots of gardening happens as does Javon's graduation. We see the Greenhouse and many of them collecting seeds, suns and minor pets at the greenhouse.

I hope to have the next video loaded in about 3 weeks as I will be out of town and away from my computer for the next 2 weeks.

Happy Simming