Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @AlexaKry Thanks so much for commenting. Yes, even though Adam needs to turn a few more for his LTW, I think Jennifer will enjoy being a genie and not having all that hair to shave every morning! :lol:
    I do have ITF installed and she is finally getting better at painting that she's not painting square houses or stick figures. It was surprising to see that one show up but worked for the story. :smiley:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Cute updates with Kailena and Drew :smile: Love the way the toddlers interact and are aware of the differences between being a fairy and warewolf :smile:

Good work on the paintings :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks so much for the comments. I do love my toddlers and my artists. :smiley:
  • Options
    @bekkasan It has been a while since I have had a toddler or an artist in The Sims. Was two years ago I played with families. Might have more time to do it now that there is an actual lockdown happening :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Kailena and Drew are adorable toddlers! I like Alice's painting of the Dragon Valley lighthouse. I hope Jennifer has inherited some genie abilities! :)
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley: I hope you are doing well and it is lovely to 'see' you.
    Miss seeing you and your stories on the other thread.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , I've been on a playing hiatus because I've been working very hard, but I think it's time to return to the Sims and to the thread now! :)
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Drat that work that interferes with our simming time! :lol: I know I've been busier, but I didn't give up playing all together...just housework...just kidding about that. :lol:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

After supper, Alice takes Kailena upstairs for a bath. Jennifer sits down with Drew to finish teaching him to talk.
    49607089722_d1af832a67_o.jpg
    49606838261_6d1344912d_o.jpg

Another full moon and Marshall and Adam transform into their wolf form. The wolf cubs are affected by the full moon as well. Drew begins snarling and attacks the blocks in the playroom. Marshall seems a bit shocked at his sons actions, but apparently Jennifer approves and claps her hands for Drew. Once Marshall becomes accustomed to Drew's behavior, he picks his son up, tossing him in the air. "That's my boy!"
    49606838081_ab615641a6_o.jpg
    49606837866_d2fe0d9f6c_o.jpg
    49606837716_46f04c16b2_o.jpg
    49606837166_6844601109_o.jpg

Adam runs upstairs to see if his daughter is affected by the moon after seeing Drew attack the blocks. Kailena is attacking her Yoda doll as Alice watches in dismay. Adam cheers as Kailena pounces on poor Yoda. Adam picks her up, hugs her tightly and settles her in the crib. "That's my girl!"
    49606837246_8fc356d4c4_o.jpg
    49606837331_88324ea671_o.jpg
    49607100702_bc62bb561a_o.jpg
    49606849246_fff016f782_o.jpg

Alice and Jennifer say goodnight to their husbands as they prepare to hunt with the full moon calling them. Marshall howls at the moon while Adam leads the hunt.
    49606338488_a1996a53a4_o.jpg
    49607100467_8a547a0e1d_o.jpg
    49606848886_8a0de95672_o.jpg
    49606338373_a30f4df4ec_o.jpg
    49606338333_1dcc6a4d25_o.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Prepare for a lot of broken furniture with two were-toddlers! :D
    Marshall is a good looking werewolf! I´ve never noticed that his profile looks quite beautiful when he is transformed! Most of the time the wolves have too much overbite to have such a beautiful profile/face.
    So Alice doesn´t like her daughter to be a werewolf? (I know it must be the hair! :p )
    The last picture of the lot is very good, it´s a nice home!!!
    Why do all of you have a little Yoda in their games?
  • Options
    @AlexaKry Thanks so much for commenting. Marshall didn't get a very big overbite. Adam's is more pronounced! I think Alice was just surprised that it would start so early. :grin:
    I am an original Star Wars fan from way back and love adding stuff like that to the game when I find it. I've also got a chocobo and a mog from Final Fantasy series that I put in some of my nerds rooms. :lol:
  • Options
    @bekkasan : I´m more into Star Trek! But Little Yoda is sweet.
    I would like to have some Witcher accessories in my game at the moment. And perhaps the Witcher Geralt himself, Adelheid needs a husband! :D
    As I said, Marshall is a hot werewolf! <3
  • Options

@AlexaKry Murfee has some Witcher conversions on her site here I've used some in the underground rooms of the compound. Go under gifts of the fae and you will see TW3 or witcher listed. I think I downloaded 90% of it. lol
    I also got a bunch of her Skyrim and DAO stuff too.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : thank you for the link!
    I´m on CC hunt now! :D
    Hopefully my game won´t crush when I install it. :p (it´s already like a body builder full of testosterone and blown up muscles, I always wonder how my game is able to run! :D )
    Now I just have to hunt some more fairy stuff, then I´ll already have an idea where to use all this in my game.....
    Thanks!!! <3
  • Options
    @AlexaKry You are welcome! :smiley: I love that description. My game is definitely bulging with cc. :lol:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Fillian enjoys one last swing as a baby while his mom bakes his birthday cake.
    49644657178_3715281c7f_o.jpg
    49644656903_c98c132844_o.jpg

Drew and Kailena enjoy baby mush for their breakfast.
    49645185216_b31b2fe244_o.jpg

Wisteria takes Fillian on a stroll enjoying the eerie morning sky.
    49645468487_8c6299edb7_o.jpg

Drew and Marshall chat while Adam and Alice smooch.
    49645468387_9c6256d2e1_o.jpg

Jennifer hurries home after work determined to have some fun time with Drew. He wants to ride the Dragon, so she sets him up and away he rides. He reaches out to her after the ride and tells her "I love you, Mommy." It seems as if Marshall and Drew have had some more talking lessons. He is learning to be a charming young man.
    49645467292_51abfeac2e_o.jpg
    49645466937_b739c81fca_o.jpg

Fillian's party is starting and several guests arrive who were not on the invitation list, but are invited to share in the celebration.
    49645183516_a4ed06b9a2_o.jpg

Wisteria snuggles her baby boy one last time and helps him blow out the candle on the cake.
    49645466842_ff28998f4b_o.jpg
    49645183441_9298fb923f_o.jpg

The magic swirls around him and suddenly Fillian is an adorable toddler.
    49645466727_fb693a6e23_o.jpg
    49644655213_1156831aa4_o.jpg
    49645183171_aaf9fa99b2_o.jpg

Kailena and Drew are very excited that the baby finally grew up so they can all play together.
    "Hey, what's your name?
    "Fillian."
    "Say that again."
    "Fillian. It means wolf even though I'm a fairy. My Daddy and Momma love their wolf friends."
    "Me and Drew are wolves! I'm Kailena."
    "Wow! Can you fly?"
    "No! I can hunt though. Can you fly?"
    "Yes, you want to see?"
    Before Fillian can show them how he can fly, they are scooped up by their parents and settled in high chairs for a snack.
    49645183101_3efe2be69c_o.jpg

Fillian drinks a bottle, while the other toddlers eat smushed cake. The family and friends enjoy cake and the company. Grandmother Anastasia asks Adam when Kailena is getting a brother or sister. Adam coughs a few times and hands Kailena over to her, excusing himself as he needs to see if Briana is ready for her martial arts training.
    49645182951_92c218827e_o.jpg
    49644654788_d43d44462a_o.jpg
    49645466282_56703d9f9b_o.jpg
    49645466247_c38e472548_o.jpg

Anastasia grins to herself hoping she didn't embarrass Adam too much. She reminds herself to have a chat with Alice before she leaves. Kailena is telling her about a dragon and a cat that flies them around the yard. She is certainly enjoying having a grandson and his extended family in her life.
    49644654683_7c295bd2ca_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Wow, you´re fast at the moment, I can hardly keep up with the reading.
    The three toddlers are adorable! So sweet! <3
    Ok, when will you tell us that Alice is pregnant again? ;)
    I like the living room! Although it is an old and huge building you´ve managed to make it modern and cozy, very good taste!
    I´m curious when your next update arrives! :p
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for commenting! :smiley: I had actually played quite a ways ahead so I spent the last bit of my simming time organizing the pictures for updates. These were pretty quick updates to put together as I didn't have to go back in game and take any extra pictures. :smiley: I'm kinda catching up to where I am play wise.
    I will tell you when Alice is pregnant...when she gets pregnant. :lol: So far no chimes. I was thinking about putting risky back in play. My game is gonna drown with that many sims on one lot! lol
    Probably no update today as I did go out and see a patient and had some housework to do that I ignored yesterday. :grin:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Adam and Briana begin training once she finishes her homework. She quickly advances to the next level and dons her new outfit. Adam is pleased with her progress but feels her punches and kicks are a bit sloppy. He has her practice at the barre to improve her balance and tighten up her form. He tells her he will put up a mirror, so she can watch as she goes through the exercises he teaches her.
    49644654548_a64ed9266f_o.jpg
    49645182586_0d6a2abe06_o.jpg
    49645182521_24d10283f1_o.jpg

After the party is over, Dedric and Wisteria watch Fillian ride the dragon. He enjoys the ride and giggles happily as they make their way home.
    49644654508_9150bd6182_o.jpg

Morning arrives, Dedric and Wisteria are enjoying leftover cupcakes for breakfast. The kids are settled at the high chairs enjoying some oatmeal. Kailena calls out "Drew!" as Marshall brings him to a chair. Not to be outdone Fillian calls out "Dew!" and Dedric thinks his boy is a genius getting the name almost right without lessons.
    49644653953_a2851df815_o.jpg

Fillian rides his tractor around the yard while his parents harvest the garden.
    49645182046_e7ae033e52_o.jpg

Wisteria notices the last seed she planted is ready to harvest. She works on getting it out of the ground. It seems to be stuck and calls Dedric over to help when it suddenly releases from the dirt.
    49644653883_9e39217431_o.jpg

"What in the world is this!" Wisteria holds the tiny green squirming little plant in her arms. The leaves unfurl as the plant squirms about and legs and arms are revealed as the leaves fall apart. The tiny plant lets out a cry that startles Wisteria as its little body adjusts to being out of the soil. Wisteria quickly grabs an outfit from Fillian's diaper bag and dresses the tiny baby to help it stay warm. Wisteria snuggles the baby comforting it, and it's crying soon stop. She counts fingers and toes just like she did with Fillian and the baby seems to have the correct number and be otherwise healthy.
    49645465317_cb740262c7_o.jpg
    49645181831_64df9ac53b_o.jpg

Dedric has a shocked look on his face as he watches the transformation of the plant to a baby. "The Fates be blessed! That is a plant baby! Very rare and unusual. Oh! You planted seeds from the science lab?"
    "Yes, I planted four seeds I found in the lab. You told me you were done with them. You never told me I couldn't plant them. Did you know this might happen? The others turned out to be fruit plants of very high quality. This one took a couple of extra days to sprout."
    "I guess we can thank the Fates the other seeds turned out to be fruit plants." Dedric takes a peek and the baby gurgles and smiles at him. He smiles back at the precious baby his heart swelling with the need to love and protect this tiny life.
    Wisteria knows that look. It is the same thing she felt at the baby's first cry. She grins up at Dedric. "We can keep her?"
    "Of course we can keep her. We certainly can't put her back, can we?" He grins back at his beautiful and loving wife.
    They discuss names for the baby and Dedric orders a new crib for the nursery to be delivered right away.
    49644653508_e3045f3d10_o.jpg
    49645465212_3b570590ce_o.jpg
    49645181621_e88bc485cd_o.jpg

Dedric and Wisteria take the baby to the main house. They find the others watching the kids play in the sand piles. Everyone is very excited and amazed at the little plant baby.
    "Have you picked a name?" Marshall asks.
    "She will be called Willow."
    49682737026_54162e7a11_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Now you´re kidding! :o
    A plant Sim!!! No wonder that you´re save somehow could explode! :D
    What a turn!
    And Dedric is such a typical proud father, thinking his son is a genius because he spoke Drew´s name nearly correct! :D
    Now you have every supernatural living in the house except a vampire!
    Have fun with Willow!
  • Options

@AlexaKry hehe, thanks for the comments. :smiley:
    One of my favorite sims ever was a plant sim named Jamie in another story of mine.
    I guess Alice and Adam could have a vampire child since Alice's Dad is a vampire and with Nraas genetics and the mods, it could happen.
    One of her brothers and sisters is a hybrid vampire/witch.
    I peeked on her and she is a cutie.
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Adam gets a call and excuses himself. It's Merry Moyrn. "I completed the testing and am delighted to be the first to say, welcome to the family. I'd like to come over and talk to you and your family."
    Adam is surprised at how emotional he feels right now. He knew in his heart his father was Kailon, but to have it confirmed is a relief.
    "Sure, please come over. Everyone is home and I look forward to seeing you again."
    49683028477_7efd3f0d55_o.jpg

Adam tells the others about the call, and they settle in the living room to await Merry's arrival. They chat about the newest member of the household. Dedric plans to expand the nursery and they spend some time deciding how best to undertake that project.
    49683028102_f3cc0afb0c_o.jpg

Merry arrives and is welcomed by Adam and Dedric as well as the others. Merry explains his parents and siblings are anxious to meet Adam and his family. Merry hands Adam an invitation to the Fairy Kingdom. He also delivers him a separate letter from the King and Queen. Merry hands out invitations to Jennifer and Marshall as well as Wisteria and Dedric. He explains to them the invitations will be needed to make it through the portal to the Realm. "Don't misplace them!"
    Fillian is practicing his flying while Drew watches and cries "I wanna fly too!"
    Kailena is staring at Merry and wonders why everyone is so excited.
    49682736536_a240f986b1_o.jpg
    49682736366_6e6e236f06_o.jpg
    49682203848_58bec906c1_o.jpg
    49682203768_a2db30045f_o.jpg

Merry is thrilled they all agree to come. "Everyone is looking forward to meeting you. There will be a private meeting with the King and Queen and then a reception with all the family. Please plan to stay a few days so we can all get to know you better. King Aagda has arranged to have the ministers meet with you as well. They will want to interview you and find out when you can move to the Realm and begin studying with them. You have much to catch up on as the new heir to the throne."
    Alice is stunned by Merry's comment. "Move! What!"
    "Heir to the throne! What! I'm a werewolf, not a fairy. I only wanted to find my parents, not become heir to a Kingdom."
    Merry grins at their stunned faces. "I can see you had not thought about that. Your father, Kailon was heir to the throne. You are his sole child and that designates you heir to the throne. The ministers and the lawyers will deal with all the legalities. My parents will be pleased you are coming. My mother would have come with me, except she knows it would worry my father and she wouldn't do that to him. I will go now and let them know you are coming. You can be ready to arrive in two days? Nickolas will help you get through the portal. The children will be fine coming through the portal. It will not harm them."
    49682204073_f95b626f0c_o.jpg

Merry tells them all goodnight and leaves going back to the realm. They gather around Adam talking excitedly about the visit and meeting the King and Queen and the rest of the family. Marshall teases Adam calling him Prince Adam. Alice looks at Adam thoughtfully wondering if he will want to move to the Realm. She is not sure she wants to do that. She loves their life here and the home they have made.
    49682203533_203b76ce94_o.jpg

Adam puts Kailena down for the night while Alice showers. He sits down and reads the letter from his father's parents...his Grandparents.

My dear Grandson Adam,

Naida and I are looking forward to meeting you at long last. It was an unexpected surprise to find out about your existence from Nickolas. The testing was necessary and has proved you are indeed the son of Kailon and Nissa. The resemblance in the photo is remarkable. You take after your father's side of the family. You will be surprised when you meet the other family members just how much resemblance there is.

Your father was a remarkable young man. I look forward to sharing stories with you. He had a modest demeanor, was studious and his curiosity led him to more and more studies. I understand you share that curiosity and love of learning. He cherished our people and they loved him. He loved your mother with all his heart. I know he regretted until the day he died, letting her go off on the trip without him. He searched for her endlessly for the first few months after she disappeared. He sickened from not eating and exhaustion. We forced him back home to recover. Once he recovered, he resumed the search until the morning we found him dead. We knew Nissa was gone for they were bonded. I regret you were left behind without your mother and knew nothing about your true heritage. It was a blessing that your curiosity led you to discover them and thus the rest of your family.

Nickolas told us some of how you were raised, and we want to hear your story when you feel ready to tell us. We hope you will be able to stay for several days this first visit so we can get to know you and your family. The ministers will want to meet with you and help guide you as we work towards preparing you for your new role in the Kingdom. The people will also want to meet you, and we will arrange a splendid celebration in the future.

With loving hearts,

your Grandparents,

Aagda and Naida Moyrn

He feels numb after reading the letter. Alice walks in and notices the letter sitting next to him and how stunned he looks. She hurries over and drops down in front of him. He sighs softly, knowing he is in for one of her loving lectures.
    "Adam, I know I haven't read the letter yet and I hope you will permit me. Is it that bad?"
    He picks the letter up and hands it to her. Alice settles next to him and begins to read.
    She puts her arms around him once she finishes the letter and tells him he is one lucky man. "You have gone from having no one in your life to bonding with me, your first stroke of luck!" She grins up at him making him smile back.
    "My folks practically adopted you, and my Dad didn't kill you training you. Your best friend Marshall becomes your clan brother and Jennifer; she loves you as the kid she befriended when you came to town, and you eventually saved her beloved Marshall. She will always love you for that, even if she didn't already appreciate you. Dedric is a true brother in spirit to you and would lay down his life for you. Wisteria treats you like the kid brother she always wanted and never had. You find your Mother's parents and have Anastasia, Nickolas, Bryn, and Briana in your life. The Fates only know how many more family members you will add with you Fathers folks. You now have a larger family than you ever imagined."
    "I expect you are feeling overwhelmed by all this. Then being told you will become heir to the throne. That was definitely unexpected. I don't even know how I feel about that. I love you and will always support you whatever you decide. I do want you to know I love Dragon Valley and our home here. But my home will always be where you are, wherever that may be."
    49695181161_854ab2d02e_o.jpg
    49694641078_9a17293e79_o.jpg
    49695485897_970024e6c4_o.jpg

Adam kisses her softly. "I love you, Alice. I don't know where I'd be if you hadn't come into my life and kept me focused on the positive side of things. You are right. I am truly lucky and have been blessed by the Fates with all the wonderful people in my life. The Moyrn's are accepting all of us it seems. I am a bit overwhelmed, and happy and sad at the same time. My Father sounds like me don't you think? I took after him even though he didn't get to raise me. I would love to have known him and my Mother. It is awesome meeting their families but it makes me realize how much I missed not knowing them." Tears fall down Adam's cheeks as Alice holds him close to her.
    "I guess I need to relax and quit thinking about what I've missed. I should focus on what I have and not dwell on the heir thing until we see what it entails. I'm perfectly happy being Adam Moonwalker of Red Dragon Lair in Dragon Valley, husband of Alice and Dad to Kailena. I enjoy our life here too and cannot imagine giving it up. I'm not sure what put it into their minds that I would want to be heir to the Kingdom. Hopefully, I can make them understand I wanted to find my parents, not be the heir. Besides, didn't Merry tell us his oldest brother had become the heir after my Father died? It seems like he might be upset about all this talk of me being the heir."
    "You do sound very much like your Father. You make me very happy you want to stay here. Yes, Merry did tell us his brother Finnian became heir."
    They snuggle and kiss and make their way over to the bed as their kisses become more intense. They love each other under the covers and hear a soft lullaby play that surely comes from Kailena's room. They listen for sounds of Kailena stirring. She seems to be asleep. They fall asleep in each other's arms with the echo of that lullaby sending them into dreams.
    49695485867_ab4446599a_o.jpg
    49700619372_59a86f94e8_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan Nice scene of the full moon :smile: Good to see a lot of Sims at the birthday party :smile: I love Brianna does her homework in the middle of the party :D Congratulations to Wisteria on the plant baby :smile: Cute scene at the end with Adam and Alice :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks so much for commenting. I thought that was cute she did her homework considering she is a bit of a rebel.
  • Options
    @bekkasan I have seen teens do homework in strange places before!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg