Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan Hey lady. :blush: I gotta say this was one of your best chapters/updates yet! :star: I absolutely LOVED it and it was so beautiful and tugged at the heartstrings. <3
    My thoughts as I read it earlier:
    I knew the DNA test would confirm Adam is Kailon's son. :mrgreen:
    Cute to see Marshall holding Drew while sitting on the couch there. <3 I don't remember ever seeing my sims do that...it's like they put the toddler down before sitting down. :confused: But then again my memory being what it is these days... :pensive:
    Oh yay you caught an adorable pic of Drew practicing flying! :smiley:<3 Was that for me? ;):p I had to see it.
    They will want to interview you and find out when you can move to the Realm and begin studying with them. You have much to catch up on as the new heir to the throne."
    ^What now??? :scream:
    I see Alice reacted in the same way. :lol:
    I will admit I had a thought a while back where I was like, "Gee, Adam is now royalty so therefore...he will rule someday." ;)
    I feel for Alice...I wouldn't want to move either. :cry: Not with such a family unit they have created here. It's going to be hard...
    The letter from Adam's grandparents was so touching. <3 Beautifully written!
    But yeah that's A LOT to take in though, especially with preparing to take on his role in the Kingdom. I know I'd feel overwhelmed! :worried:
    He sighs softly, knowing he is in for one of her loving lectures.
    ^Hee hee. Cute. :blush:
    Alice's words to him were getting me teary eyed... <3
    I love you and will always support you whatever you decide. I do want you to know I love Dragon Valley and our home here. But my home will always be where you are, wherever that may be.
    ^YES! :star:<3
    It is awesome meeting their families but it makes me realize how much I missed not knowing them." Tears fall down Adam's cheeks as Alice holds him close to her.
    ^Awwwwww. :cry:<3
    I get the feeling they may not won't require Adam to be the heir, but...it might be a hard thing to avoid. I look forward to seeing what happens. :mrgreen:
    LOVE the ending there! <3<3
    But yeah I greatly look forward to more! :smiley:

I need some good reading right now in my life...this is why I need to finish more of my story so I can get it posted for the rest of y'all's enjoyment! ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Made my day! I struggled over it and yes...I wanted it to tug at heartstrings so that makes me very happy to hear that it worked.
    Yes, I don't know if they do it autonomously, but you can direct your sim to sit while they are holding the toddler and they will sit with the child on their lap.
    Yes, I kept the camera on little Fillian just waiting for him to fly and finally he did. :smile: It is so cute watching them pop up in the air.
    I know Alice is not thrilled about possibly moving but she had to let him know he was more important than any house. He will not make any decisions without her input though. He trusts her implicitly.
    I hope you have some time and feel like writing this weekend. I know how stressful things are right now for all of us. Luckily the Sims has always been my way of destressing...or playing an RPG and killing things. :lol: I'm a bit too into my story right now to turn to something else.
    Thank you again for making me smile with your comments.
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : What a great chapter!
    The little flying fairy is so sweet! <3 Good picture with him and his parents who watch him!
    I can´t wait how Adam will solve his dilemma of being the next heir! Hopefully there won´t be hurt feelings!
    What a touching letter. :'( I think his grandparents won´t let him go again!
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments! :smiley:
    Working on the next part some today. :grin:
    He's getting ready to meet the whole family and hopefully, my game won't crash with all those sims on one lot. lol
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Fingers crossed! :D
    Take as many screenshots as you can before it crashes! ;)
    My next update will be tomorrow. Just uploaded the pictures to imgur for it. :)
  • Options

Adam's Quest

The family had two days to get ready for their trip to the Fairy Realm and finish up a few leftover projects. Jennifer had to arrange some time off work. Her boss said he would like her to bring back an interview with the King to publish. Jennifer declined, telling him she would not exploit a family visit that way. If in the future, the King was agreeable to an interview she would be happy to arrange it. In the meantime, she interviewed one of the bartenders at the local tavern for the spotlight blog. Turns out she is a professional bartender and went to a bartending program. Jennifer can attest to her ability to make an awesome Simtini.
    49682204983_4bd49d0abd_o.jpg

The three toddlers became very good friends as they had fun together in the playroom.
    Drew tells them. "Mommy says we're going on a trip."
    Kailena looks around the room and whispers."Yep, Daddy said we're gonna get another Granddad."
    Fillian shrugs. "I got a new sister! How many granddads do we have?"
    Kailena holds up her fingers. "Maybe eleventy-thirty."
    Fillian claps his hands. "Wow! That's a lot!"
    49683026837_bf880bc26e_o.jpg

Alice got a request from the town council for her to provide a mural at the local park. Alice remembers getting arrested for putting her art on walls at university. She is hesitant to do it during the day, but she wants to do it before they leave for their trip. She goes late in the evening to the park and does a ground mural for the town. She is paid a lovely sum of simoleons for the mural and is not arrested.
    49683026397_abc5c4b605_o.jpg

Adam takes Tymenth outside so he can enjoy flying around the yard. After Tymenth finishes his flight, Adam takes him down to the egg room. He has made him a little nest area with plenty of food and water. "Guard the eggs while we are gone, but don't play with them." Adam does not want to take a chance of his dragon scaring the people of the Fairy Realm.
    49682735431_cde7857a39_o.jpg
    49683026757_aaeac0c408_o.jpg

Wisteria enjoyed spending time rocking Willow after helping Dedric in the garden.
    49683026947_3dd7bd4710_o.jpg

Dedric brings the fruits and veggies into the main house and stocks the fridge. He hears Willow cooing and singing as she swings and walks over to watch her. She reaches her arms out and his heart melts as he reaches down to pick her up and he snuggles her close and enjoys playing with her.
    49693470128_9b1affa78d_o.jpg
    49694315372_cc16dafea1_o.jpg

Marshall has mastered his final level in Marshall arts and challenges Adam. They enjoy sparring together as they are now evenly matched in skill with Adam having more experience. Marshall wins two out of three matches.
    49694315147_08f62d7539_o.jpg
    49694315032_204627021b_o.jpg
    49693469623_d115b8463e_o.jpg

Kailena loves being with her Daddy and Adam agrees to take her on a stroll.
    49694012056_70890c9228_o.jpg
    49694315272_b52bbec7aa_o.jpg

Fillian has quickly learned all his primary skills.
    49683026677_912934d304_o.jpg
    49694011461_6789a813a1_o.jpg

The two days fly by as they get ready to leave. They gather at the garage having stowed their luggage in the car. They all get in the car to meet Nickolas and his family at the arboretum.
    49693468793_97d9190f15_o.jpg
    49693468748_29121772f6_o.jpg

They follow the Willowisp family into the arboretum and pass down the pathway through a trellis of ivy until they reach the portal that Nickolas has just opened up. Each one steps into the portal and is magically transported to the Fairy Realm.
    49693468633_978d00cdfc_o.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Adam's Quest

The three toddlers became very good friends as they had fun together in the playroom.
    Drew tells them. "Mommy says we're going on a trip."
    Kailena looks around the room and whispers."Yep, Daddy said we're gonna get another Granddad."
    Fillian shrugs. "I got a new sister! How many granddads do we have?"
    Kailena holds up her fingers. "Maybe eleventy-thirty."
    Fillian claps his hands. "Wow! That's a lot!"
    49683026837_bf880bc26e_o.jpg

Sooo many??? :D So sweet! <3
    I´ve seen the picture of the fairies sitting at the car, but it is priceless! Good that you´ve used it again! :D
    I´ve already said that but I think it´s neat to have the arboretums as portals to the fairy realm!
    I love that all your boys care so much for their children, such good daddies!!! <3
    Don´t using her connection for an interview is moral, good for Jennifer!
    Great update as always!
    Looking forward for Adam getting to know his grandparents!

How is the corona situation in Florida, are you still working? :o
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments. :) I appreciate them very much. I do sometimes use the pics I post elsewhere in my story. Sometimes they are just too good not to use in the story. :grin:
    I love the arboretum especially at night so I decided they had to travel at night to get that glow. You will see it in the pics on the next update. It was still dusk when they left Dragon Valley.
    Yes, Jennifer is a good reporter, but she is also a good person and being a good person comes first with her.
    I've started writing the next update, most of the pictures are taken for it. Maybe all, depends on how the writing goes. :lol: Hopefully will be able to post it tomorrow. I've got a project I am working on at home, so I am running back and forth between the project and story.

I'm still working and the virus is spreading. :cold_sweat: We are up to 20 known cases in the county I live in, no deaths in my county so far. It is worse down in south Florida and some have died in the Jacksonville area which is part of where I work. I think they are predicting peak for this coming week or the next. I wish it was over. How are things where you are?
  • Options
    Here in Germany we are on voluntary shut down and it is eerie!
    Only food stores are open and doctors and manufacturers can work. Eveybody who can work from home has to work from home, everybody who works close to people isn´t allowed to work. The streets are very empty.
    But there are still some 🐸🐸🐸🐸.. who think that the virus doesn´t exist and go out and meet friends and family. Police is taking care of them now. There are high penalties now for not helping to reduce the virus´ spread.
    I´m a so called risky patient, so I just go out if I really have to, buying food or visiting the doctor. I even don´t visit my parents anymore, I was lucky to get them into a retirement home before the lock down which is quite good, because they have just a few nurses there who decided to stay at the retirement home! So an infection is slower to gain for them. Hopefully....
    But I really think that I am lucky to live here, because there was a lot of effort of the officials to be good prepared for a big outbreak. (If the virus decides to get even more aggressive then all the effort means nothing of course!). We have nearly doubled our intensive care beds, have breathing ventilators for it and the organization between all our federal states and the state works better then ever.
    But we still have over 90.000 infected people and 1318 have died (numbers are from yesterday) in the hole country. That is awful and scares me!!! They say that we are at the peak right now, but nobody knows it exactly!

I´ll give you a big hug and my prayers are with you! Please stay safe!!! <3 And take all the needed precautionary measures!
  • Options

Adam's Quest

They arrive in the Fairy Realm slightly disoriented from the incredible trip through the portal. Nickolas reassures them they will be fine in a few minutes. He asks them to take some deep breaths. It is late evening, but what they can see of the world looks incredibly beautiful. The fragrant aroma from the tulips that surround the arboretum is very heady. The deep breaths draw the scent into their lungs, and the disorientation improves remarkably quickly.
    49734478237_87cc6ca9c2_o.jpg

Nickolas leads them to the Inn where they will stay. They settle the little ones into cribs. The adults are too wired to fall asleep and sit in the lounge and chat. Nickolas and his family have gone to their home for the night and will return in the morning. As they talk, they relax and eventually start yawning and drifting off to bed.
    49694314012_6f3366e604_o.jpg

Alice and Wisteria fix breakfast for the group. The Willowisps arrive just in time to share breakfast. The toddlers ate all their oatmeal and raisins and surprisingly sit quietly listening to the adults talk.
    49733608533_4c6dc04352_o.jpg
    49734478172_199e073511_o.jpg

After breakfast, everyone changes into their formal clothing Merry recommended for this first visit. Dedric and Adam are the first dressed and they go outside waiting for the others. "Are you feeling nervous or anxious about meeting the family?
    "Yeah, a little," Adam replies. "Merry seems to be a very real, down to earth kind of guy, and I'm hoping the others will be like him. The letter was very reassuring but still, they are a royal family so it is a bit intimidating." He flicks off a small particle of dust that has settled on his suit.
    The others finally arrive and the group sets off to the castle.
    49734151816_03fb546450_o.jpg
    49733608448_72b2c91171_o.jpg

At the castle, King Aagda and Queen Naida are awaiting their visitors. The Queen is pacing nervously up and down the throne room. Aagda calls her to him and holds out his hands. "My dear, what in the world is wrong with you?"
    She takes his hands in hers. "I don't know why I'm so nervous. What if he doesn't like us? What if he is upset that we had to have DNA testing."
    "Oh, my dear wife. He is going to love you. Besides, we did offer to have him come here to meet him and have the testing done. Remember? His wife Alice was due to deliver any minute so he would not leave her. I know he understands the testing. He is a scientist. He and his friend Dedric tested the Willowisps just to have confirmation even though all were convinced he was Nissa and Kailon's child. He sounds like a smart young man."
    49717754656_7e7f7d9647_o.jpg
    49717754591_0f70350bf7_o.jpg

Merry and Nickolas enter the throne room. "They have arrived!" Merry announces. "Adam, Alice, and Kailena are in the foyer. I asked the others to enjoy sitting in the courtyard until you've had a chance to meet Adam and his wife. We will go wait with them."
    "Thank you both. Send in Adam, Alice, and the child."
    49717754571_49d6eff476_o.jpg

Even though the King has the picture of Adam that Nickolas gave him, he was taken aback when Adam entered the room. The striking resemblance to his son Kailon was remarkable. (Don't you love it when your Sims show the perfect expression that you want to convey in your story?) Queen Naida could not take her eyes off Adam. He looks so much like his father. Tears form, and she tries to hold them back as she looks at her grandson. The King recovers quickly and greets Adam, shaking his hand. He turns and greets Alice with a courtly bow. "Welcome to Roswyn, home of the Fairy Realm. We are so happy to have you here, to meet you and your family."

Queen Naida echoes his greetings. Unable to bear it another minute, she breaks the formal protocol that has been a part of her royal life. She reaches out and hugs Adam, the son of her firstborn child. "I am so happy you are here. I cannot tell you what this means to all of us. The joy is incomparable, and I thank the Fates for leading you to Nickolas and Anastasia and thus to us." She does not seem to want to let go of him and Adam hugs her back feeling her love and happiness and tears sting his eyes as well. She hugs Alice and Kailena and invites them to sit down. Naida exclaims over Kailena, who decides to be shy for the first time in her life and tucks her head hiding her face in her Mom's arm. They all laugh at her reaction and the ice is broken.
    49717754521_ffbe205eec_o.jpg
    49717216443_42eb1d7528_o.jpg
    49718068717_ff6a91e97a_o.jpg
    49717216328_1b494a36f1_o.jpg

Adam and Alice listen attentively as the King tells them today is just for the family. They want everyone to have a chance to meet and talk and get to know each other. "We have heard your story from Nickolas but would like to hear it from you as well. Merry enjoyed meeting and visiting with you and told us a little about your life in Dragon Valley. We would love to hear more about this fascinating home and the things you have found while exploring the old chambers."

Adam tells about his early life with the Were clan. He left as a child when the clan leader who he thought was his father died in a raid and Adam was banished by the new clan leader. He tells how he wandered from town to town hiding in the forests, scavenging and hunting for food and clothing as well as the books he loved to read. He spent one winter hiding in the basement of a library and devoured as many books as he could. He was discovered just before spring and ran off before he realized that the librarian meant him no harm and only wanted to help him. As he grew up so did his skills as a wolf, which made survival easy and yet he was lonely. He heard about the town of Midnight Hollow that accepted and protected occults and that is where his new life began. He met Alice, his bonded and beloved wife and became part of her family. He found his best friends Marshall, Jennifer, and Dedric and gives thanks to the Fates for leading him to Midnight Hollow.

Both the King and Queen asked many questions and were amazed as well as saddened at Adam's early life. "Your early life though sad and lonely showed how determined you were to be a better man than those who you thought were your kin.
    49717216298_91ef2c6cec_o.jpg

Before inviting the rest of the family in, Aagda and Naida show Adam and Alice the betrothal portraits of Kailon and Nissa.
    49718068477_ff73617a73_o.jpg

Wisteria, Dedric, Marshall, and Jennifer were invited to meet the King and Queen. Introductions were made by Anastasia to the King and Queen.
    The King and Queen welcome them to the Fairy Realm.
    "We are looking forward to getting to know all of you better over these next several days. Adam is blessed to have such a wonderful family in each of you. Of course, we have known the Willowisps for ages and welcome them back to the Realm. We are happy they brought such wonderful news of your existence to us."
    "Wisteria, we were so sad when you choose to leave the Realm a few years ago. Here you are back with a bonded husband and two precious children. You were right your destiny was in the world. We apologize for trying to keep you here. You managed very well out in the world."

"Dedric, we do not know you but know of your family. They are long gone from the world and had left this Realm before you were born. Even though you were born in the world, please remember that Roswyn, the Fairy Realm is your home too. You may still have some kin here and if you would like to find them, Naida is Keeper of the Lore and will help you."

"Marshall and Jennifer, we heard how you became friends with Adam when he arrived in Midnight Hollow and we honor your friendship and kinship with Adam. You will always be welcome here."

The Queen asked each of them about their lives to get to know them and was amazed that their lives were so full and so independent and yet entwined with Adam and Alice.

Marshall explains for them. "Your family surrounds you because of royal tradition, security, as well as love. Adam's family surrounds him because of love. We are making our own traditions. Adam started his life in a clan and despite having people around him he had no love, no friends and no family. He found that in Midnight Hollow and with us. Jennifer, Alice and I were best friends before Adam arrived having grown up together in the town. Adam made us a family. Dedric arrived later and became part of the family very quickly. Red Dragon Lair is perfect as it allows each of us our privacy, but also the togetherness that makes us a strong family. We don't know what the future holds, but this is what works for now."
    The Queen nods in understanding. "It makes complete sense and all of you are welcome here as Adam's kin."
    The toddlers play quietly on the floor as the adults talked. Everyone was surprised when Kailena crawls up into the King's lap. "Are you my Grandpa?" she asked him.
    "Yes, my dear. I'm your Grandpa." She pats his arm and snuggles next to his shoulder. The King beams with happiness holding his adorable great Granddaughter.
    49718068427_8dd807b3b6_o.jpg
    49717216003_3d1819e891_o.jpg
  • Options

Adam's Quest

The Moyrn family enters the throne room. Introductions are made by the King who is holding Fillian and the Queen who is holding Kailena. Alice and Adam greet the Royal heir and his wife, Finnian, and Daria. They break up into groups and chat, each getting to know one another.
    49717215963_d69b84638c_o.jpg
    49718068192_f9a085f639_o.jpg
    49718068142_f5f98bc472_o.jpg
    49717215838_0d6e68d36b_o.jpg

A couple of nannies take the toddlers to the nursery for their meal and some playtime and naps
    49717753806_a349f17719_o.jpg

The King and Queen lead the way to the dining room. The royal protocol is followed and no one sits until the King and Queen are seated. Once they sit down, everyone else may sit and enjoy the hearty meal that was prepared with fresh-caught wild salmon and homegrown vegetables. The younger sims are seated at a table behind the King and Queen.
    49717753751_909c41a9f8_o.jpg
    49717215718_53350d8b04_o.jpg
    49717215678_c135b646fa_o.jpg
    49717215518_6fd3370c7f_o.jpg

After the meal, they return to the throne room. The Queen saw Alice admiring the piano and asked her to play for them. Alice plays softly while the others chat. Asteria and Aaron stand behind enjoying the music. They are both musical sims, especially Aaron. Alice plays a new song that Asteria knows well and she begins to sing softly accompanying Alice. (I think she might have been yawning...lol, this is not a pose.) Aaron plays his Balalaika and Asteria plays her violin as Alice plays other tunes that they know well.
    49718067792_c13e2117c7_o.jpg
    49717215438_b7826f7433_o.jpg
    49717215353_255b07dcaa_o.jpg
    49718067652_2c21340242_o.jpg

Merry and Finnian take Adam, Marshall, and Dedric on a tour of the Castle. The view from the ramparts is incredible. Dedric asks Finnian if the moat is well stocked. "Oh yes," he replies, "many species of fish are stocked in the moat. Merry is the fisherman in the family although we all learned how to fish. He says it gives him time to think about nothing and anything."
    Dedric nods his head. "I can agree with him on that."
    49733608358_7b5e33aec3_o.jpg
    49734477782_2035becf46_o.jpg

The ladies tour the castle with Asteria. She takes them through the formal rooms as well as the private quarters. They enjoy the tour of the outside as well. The last stop is the nursery and they find King Aagda rocking with Kailena. Asteria tells Alice he is the best baby sitter in the family. He loves kids and can often be found hiding from the ministers in the nursery playing with Finissa or with Dannif in the game room.
    49738808498_8feb4b031e_o.jpg
    49739446406_f685b583ae_o.jpg

While the others are touring, Anastasia rocks Willow. Nickolas shows Fillian the train set in the playroom. "When you are a little bit bigger you will be able to ride on a train like this. I will make sure you get one in the playroom at home."
    Fillian looks at his Grandpa Nick and giggles "Ride train! Chooo chooo Chooo chooo!"
    49734477712_f16f468658_o.jpg
    49734151281_5848885f8b_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : 2 chapters in a row! How wonderful!!!
    I really like King Aagda, he seems to be a great granddad!
    I like it that the royal family welcomed ALL of them as if they were their family! (I really can imagine how Victor and Aagda meet each other and talk about their grandchildren and whom of them is the most genius one. :D )
    I like that queen Naida ignored the protocol and hugged Adam immediately! <3
    I just wondered about their formal clothes, some of them had a kind of strange taste. :D (not that I want to critizise your choice, they all looked formal enough, but some of the clothes are so old fashioned. :p )
    Poor teenagers and kids, they got the children´s table. When I was a child and we met the greater family I had to sit at the children´s table a lot. I didn´t even know a lot of my cousins, so it always was a horror for me to eat there! :D
    Hehehe, when I see the fairy wings at the table and the sofas I´m really happy for my "no fairy wings"- mod, it would drive me nuts to see and hear the wings of so many fairies! ;)
    I love it, too, when Sims make the right faces if needed. Sometimes I look through my screenshots, having in mind the pictures I´ve taken for my story and then I discover that a different picture is much better for the story, because one of the Sims just pulls a face or make a move on a pic which fits much better than the picture I had in mind!
    bekkasan wrote: »
    49734151281_5848885f8b_o.jpg
    I love this picture!
    Hopefully there wouldn´t be anger about the throne in the next days!
    Great chapters, looking forward for the next one!!!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Cute scene of the toddlers hanging out together talking :smile: Lovely family picture: :smile:

49734478237_87cc6ca9c2_o.jpg

Cute scene with King Aagda and Kailena :smile:

Nice views of the castle :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for commenting. :smiley: Oh my that would be an interesting meeting between the King and Victor.
    I actually like some of the old fashioned stuff and I felt like the Fairy Realm would be a bit behind in fashion...except for the ladies fashions of course. :lol:
    I think Merry's outfit is actually one of the India outfits, but it seemed to suit him when I tried it, so I left it. I tried to make everyone look a bit different and not like an average sim.
    Wait til you see the King's ministers! LOL I was making one of them last night kinda late and I still might change that one. It really is silly. I put the powdered wig on that one and court mens outfit. I kinda want them to look pompous and stuffy so I dunno, I might leave it. I made one of the ministers a female. The King is very progressive!
    I remember sitting at the kid's table! One of the reasons I didn't try to make that dining room bigger was kid table memories. I love the outside of the castle but the inside was a routing mess for all my sims.
    I had that mod in when I was playing Rafe and Autumn and they met Shea. She was hiding her wings from her abductor! I wish it was a mod you could pick and choose who has wings or not. I wanted Adam to have the fairy spells, but not the wings, but I wanted the other fairies to have wings. I ended up taking it out and Adam doesn't have the spells.
    That was a fun picture to see Nickolas in the playroom with Fillian. I think he loves all those toddlers like they are truly his.

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comments. :) I am having fun with the toddlers chatting!
    I saw your comment on the other thread and I hope and pray all goes well with the PM.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : :D I can relate to the outfit problems! There are not many outfits especially for fairies which don´t look out of place somehow.
    I have to dress a court of fairies, too, and I tried to find some clothes but unfortunately my Sims wear all the same 3 outfits atm. And there will be a big social event coming in the future in which the family has to get dressed a bit more fairylish(? :) ) and I don´t know how to dress them all for that! Perhaps they all go naked, the I just have to pixilate the pictures! :D

I can´t wait for the ministers!!! Leave them pompous! The poor ministers don´t have much power let them have a good appearance at court! ;)

If you get Adam the fairy occult state through Master Controller, does this change his appearance and gives him wings? Because Thore is a fairy/witch hybrid in my game and Stella and Seth are Genies/witches. Thore still has his wings, so I don´t know what happens if you give Adam the fairy occult, too. The vampires I gave the witch occult state as well changed their appearance, though, they now don´t look like dead, they look like normal Sims and can even get a suntan. So I would suggest to try it out for Adam?
  • Options

@AlexaKry I've got a few things in my medieval/fantasy folder I really should add to this save. It might help with some of the outfits. I think the pixellated event sounds interesting. I did away with that pixellated privacy thing. I'm not a kid. I can look at a nekkid Sim and not be corrupted. :lol:
    Yes, when you add the occult state with MC it changes the sim and he got wings but was still a werewolf as well. It happened with the potion too except the potion took away his werewolf and I didn't want that. I tried both to see. The twins that are hybrid vampires/witches kinda have that dead look like their Dad...Victor. :flushed:
  • Options
    @bekkasan : If only I could let them go without clothes I would! It would even fit the theme of this event perfectly! I really don´t know how to dress them for it! Atm I´m a bit stuck and hesitate for the work. :D But it´s not appropriate for the forums to post such pictures. As if nobody here has seen his/her Sims naked before! :D

That´s a bummer that the wings appear on Adam! And it´s strange that Victor´s kids look like vampires!
    My Vampire/Witch hybrids (here Guillermo Ichtaca from Isla paradiso) look alive, even with a suntan. Even the glowing eyes are gone.
    36cOCXB.jpg
  • Options

@AlexaKry That's a cool picture of your hybrid. I'm not sure why my hybrids have the skin and eyes. I could change them in CAS but it doesn't really bother me too much. lol...yes, naked in the sims world is not exciting and yet, apparently a very terrible thing to do. Go figure.
  • Options

Adam's Quest

After the tours, the family gathers in the courtyard chatting with one another. Adam compliments Aaron on his playing and asks about the instrument he played. Adam plays guitar and is fascinated by the instrument. Aaron tells him he will give him a lesson on the instrument tomorrow if time permits him to escape the King and the Ministers. Fillian and Finissa play together giggling and laughing happily. Wisteria renews her friendship with Daria while Dedric talks with Merry. The King gets to know Alice and the Queen chats with Adam about the plans for the next few days. Naida hugs him as he tells her they must get the little ones to bed. She touches his face. "I know this day must have been overwhelming to you in many ways. Just remember we are family like any other family. We are here for you and your family. You are a good man Adam, and you have surrounded yourself with good people. Your father would be very proud of you." Adam smiles, hugging her back, thanking her for those heartfelt words as he chokes back tears.
    49758380481_a13a666d91_o.jpg
    49758380431_f656c54504_o.jpg
    49758380391_606531ebca_o.jpg
    49757851333_3e866d0b6d_o.jpg
    49760085658_1fdaeff205_o.jpg

They gather on the front steps and say their goodbyes to the King and Queen. They plan is to meet after breakfast at the castle. Adam must meet with the King and the ministers as well as the Crown Prince. The others will be given a tour of the island. They walk back to the Inn as a group talking softly about the day. Adam turns back as they climb the hill leading to the Inn. He watches as the moon rises over the castle. His father's home. It is such an awe-inspiring sight. What an overwhelming day as his Grandmother discussed with him. He feels at peace knowing the last mystery of his origin is solved. This is a part of him, no matter what happens in the future. He might have grown up a werewolf, but this is his true past. It might not be his future, but knowing his past will only help him and his family. He closes his eyes and gives a quick thank you to the Fates for guiding him and his friends on the quest to find his parents. Just like Alice said, he now has more family than he ever imagined. He turns back and walks with a lighter step quickly catching up with the others.
    49717753291_cc0e05225f_o.jpg
    49760936647_c68172a113_o.jpg

Once at the Inn, the kids are settled into their cribs and the adults get changed into comfortable clothing and group up outside. Making themselves comfortable they sit on the ground and watch the moon rise up in the sky. Adam looks at the moon. "I want to be home before the moon is full. I don't think the people here are ready for werewolves hunting in their woods.
    Marshall nods in agreement. "I realize they are very accepting of other occults but we are kind of scary if you are not used to us."
    Wisteria adds, "They are pretty secluded as this world has only allowed Fairy's to live here. The Fates created this world for us when we were persecuted in ages past and the entrance was hidden in portals. I do know they recently allowed a witch/fairy to move in. There is hope for a future with the Royal Family having a werewolf as a Prince."
    Dedric picks up on Adam's word...home. "Home? You've decided that becoming the heir is not what you want?
    Adam smiles at them. "Yes, I don't want to be the heir. I don't want the pomp and protocol. Home is Dragon Valley with Alice and Kailena and you guys. I need the freedom to do what I want, go where I want and be who I want...husband, father, and brother. I would not get that as heir. Life would be much more complicated. That is not the life I desire for me, or for Alice and Kailena. I talked with Nickolas about this decision and how it could be resolved. He said there were precedents in the past for renouncing and changing the line of succession. I will talk with the King tomorrow when we meet and let him know I am not interested in being the heir to the throne.
    49765289301_a651d74a21_o.jpg
    49764835512_a63c5e94c6_o.jpg

They talk a little longer and soon go upstairs to settle in for the night.
    49764511466_173dfe8413_o.jpg
    49764835432_2efd1ec43b_o.jpg
    49764511446_0f535a229d_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : I don´t know either why, but the vampires all can get a suntan and then they look the same as normal suntanned Sims. When they don´t have a suntan they have the normal deathly skin color at least and they are reckognized as a vampire better. But their eyes aren´t glowing. Perhaps I have a mod or an NRaas setting I don´t know about anymore which is the culprit.

I really don´t understand this prudish attitude a lot of Amerirans have (sorry if I insult someone, this is not my intention), I don´t think that being naked can be soooo harmful for teenagers and kids as it seems if you see what is censored. :D (but on the other hand there is the biggest adult industry in California, so how can that work?)
  • Options
    @bekkasan : hehehe, you were faster in posting! :D
    Great update!
    So Adam decided against being king. Good for him! He is right that if he would become king he wouldn´t be free to live as he likes and needs! And Alice and the kids would be captured in the castle as the only other occults!
    Hopefully the Aagda understands his decision!
    The queen is such a nice sweet person! <3 She would be sad when Adam goes back to Dragon Valley.

:D Soooo many hairy men! My fingers are itching to put some wax on their chests! :p And then pull it off with a satisfied smile! :D
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan I'm glad Adam has been accepted in the family so well and that he feels at peace having discovered that part of his identity.
    Naida looks so beautiful in that blue gown, and that's a cute picture of the toddlers playing peek-a-boo.
    Adam is right - werewolves hunting doesn't fit well at all in the fairy realm ;). I picture it being the most peaceful and calm place.
    I suppose the witch-fairy who moved in is the one that was shown in your previous post about new fairies for your story :).
    I hope the king won't be disappointed about Adam's decision to not want to be the heir. I understand Adam though - his life would be very different in the realm. I think Alice is secretly relieved too.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Nice update :smile: Good scenery of the castle and the red sky :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for your comments. :smiley: I winced reading what you want to do to those hairy chests! Owwwwwww! Poor babies.
    A lot of Americans are raised that nakedness is private and not for public viewing! :grin: Some are not...there are nude beaches and such, but most communities and cities have ordinances against nudity. I've seen so much in nursing that it's just not a big deal, but out in public, it would not be allowed here. If one of my neighbors decided to mow the lawn without clothing it would creep me out!!

@meerkattime Hi there!! ::hugs:: Thanks so much for commenting. Lovely to see you. Yes, the witch/fairy is the one I posted in the fairy post. :smiley: Yes, Alice is very relieved and hopefully the King and Queen will understand. Perhaps having adorable great grands will get them out of their rut and visit the outside world some. But, Adam and Alice will always be able to visit if not.

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks so much for the comments! I do love seeing that red sky and over the castle like that is perfect.
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Kailena wakes Adam up calling, "Daddy, Daddy, out pweese." He obliges tossing her in the air and listening to her adorable giggle. He gets her ready for the day and takes her downstairs for a bowl of oatmeal with raisins. When she is finished, Alice takes her out for a stroll so Adam can get ready for his meeting at the castle. "Mommy, dat way!" Kailena directs her Mom which way she wants to go.
    49764835362_efb9a30776_o.jpg
    49764511371_56614bd1d0_o.jpg
    49764835247_f1a9a519c5_o.jpg

Adam and his grandfather meet in Aagda's private office.
    "Adam, I understand you have some reservations about being the heir to the throne. Merry mentioned you were quite shocked when he talked about it on his visit."
    "Yes, sir. I was shocked. My quest was to find my parents. Finding I had family and was accepted, well that is an added blessing. I was not raised to be a Prince, nor an heir to the throne. I am more wolf than I am a fairy, and I've come to accept who I am."
    He laughs and shrugs telling the King. "Alice was and still is my biggest fan. It never bothered her that I was a werewolf and she taught me to accept the wolf in me. She didn't let me moan about being a wolf. The people of Midnight Hollow were very accepting of me. I came to realize that all werewolves were not hated or hunted as I had been led to believe when I lived with the pack. Being a werewolf allowed me to save my best friend's life. If Dedric and I had not done the DNA studies at university, I would never have known about my fairy DNA and it came from two sources, not just from my Mother."
    "The Fairy Realm deserves to have a ruler who truly wants to be the ruler and not one thrust into the position based on heredity. Your son, Finnian has been raised to become the ruler. He understands the needs of the realm and the fairy kingdom. I will sign whatever you need me to sign to make this legal. I want to be a part of the family, but I'm sorry I don't want to be the heir."
    "You are so like your father, Adam. He used to tell me he wanted nothing more in life than to be with Nissa and raise their children and study. He loved learning. Had he lived he would have abdicated to Finnian. Finnian has been raised to become the King and he genuinely wants to be King. He accepted my decision to offer you your birthright with grace and obedience. It is possible we need to consider how we determine the heir to the throne. We definitely have enough generations in the family to make a quorum needed to amend the rule of succession. That is a decision for the future. Finnian is much more suited to be the King then Kailon was. I think it is time we talk with him, Naida and Nickolas who agreed to remain your advisor, and then we will get together with the Ministers."
    49734151586_63cccf5531_o.jpg
    49734477972_2ecec2c063_o.jpg

The King leads Adam to the throne room where the others are waiting. He requests Adam to explain to Finnian and the Queen what they discussed. Finnian listens in astonishment to what Adam has to say. He is surprised Adam does not want to be the King. Who wouldn't want to be King? As Adam explains his reasons, he begins to understand and realizes his nephew is his own man. He breathes a sigh of relief as he was not thrilled with the King's decision to offer Adam his birthright. He has so many plans for the Kingdom when his time comes. He appreciates why the King did it, but he was honest with himself being upset and depressed about the decision.
    Queen Naida watches Finnian as he hears the news. She knew he was saddened with the King's decision, but she was satisfied that he maintained his composure and accepted his father's decision. She sees the relief on his face and is happy for her son.
    Finnian nods at Adam and looks over at his father. "Kailon told me he planned to abdicate the throne to me. He thought I was much more suited to being the heir than he was." Finnian smiles at Adam. "You look so much like my brother that it is like having him back. I've missed him. Despite our differences, we were very close. He would be proud of you. I am proud of you and very happy you found us."
    49764834987_7eedb80359_o.jpg

The Ministers are announced and introduced to Adam. The King relates the news that Adam is declining his rights to become the heir to the throne. The Ministers are shocked by the announcement. "But, but, he can't do that," shouts Minister Warren.
    "What an awful precedent this would set," cries Minister Sanchia.
    Waving his hands in the air Minister Simon fixes his gaze on Adam. "This is going to require mountains of paper and months of time to work through the legalities."
    Minister Daryl, the voice of reason in the group orders the others to be silent. "Obviously he can abdicate. There are precedents in the archives. It is not like he was reared to be the heir, and I think he has made a prudent decision. Prince Finnian, you are still willing to be heir in his place?"
    Prince Finnian nods. "Absolutely."
    The King looks at each minister in turn. "I require the paperwork to be completed in one hour. Understood? Any questions? No? Good! Use the archive room to prepare the papers, and we will sign the papers in the ceremonial room."
    49764834797_6b4e3ea52d_o.jpg

The Ministers work swiftly preparing the paperwork. Minister Daryl was able to put his hands on a copy of the papers from the last time a royal member rejected becoming King. They quickly copied the legal jargon onto fresh scrolls and call the group to the ceremonial room for the signing in the allotted time.

The King delivered a little speech before signing the papers. "I acknowledge Adam Moonwalker as the legitimate and sole son of Prince Kailon, the firstborn son of the house of Moyrn, and Princess Nissa, beloved eldest daughter of the house of Willowisp and wife of Kailon, joined by the Fates. Prince Adam has chosen not to become heir to the throne as was his birthright. He is a member of this Royal house forevermore and we are blessed to have him and his family. He will be known as Prince Adam of Roswyn while in this Realm. He may use the title or not when in the human world. His wife will be known as Princess Alice of Roswyn, and their daughter will be known as Princess Kailena of Roswyn. He signs the papers with a flourish and then Adam and Finnian add their signatures. It is completed. Both Adam and Finnian breathe a sigh of relief and with matching grins, they hug one another both very happy with the decisions made today.
    49764510786_4955077613_o.jpg
    49763977418_86646be907_o.jpg

The King calls Finnian and Adam over to him. "Well, now that all that business is out of the way lets go find the rest of the family. They have been exploring the town. They should be at the park by now. It is time to relax and have some fun."
    49764510551_1607eeb069_o.jpg