Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome all new Sims 3 players!

Comments

• Options
    IndiaHawker1IndiaHawker1 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi! Not a new player but recently started playing again after years - I've missed Sims! So I kind of feel like a new player. What has changed, if anything, in Sims 3 in the last handful of years? :)
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I'm not a new player, but had to take a sebatical from playing for awhile as my laptop(s) decided to no longer run the game. Mind you, they weren't design to run TS3 or TS4 so finally, after all these years, hubby got me a gaming laptop as an early bday present which means I can now play my favorite games and enjoy them as they were meant to be enjoyed!

However, I totally forgot how long it takes to install all of the TS3 EP's & SP's that I have!!!! :o:D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hi! Not a new player but recently started playing again after years - I've missed Sims! So I kind of feel like a new player. What has changed, if anything, in Sims 3 in the last handful of years? :)
    Since August 2014: just patch 1.69 ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @IndiaHawker1 The Sims 3 is complete.
    Last Store Set: Last Venue of Amore August 7, 2014
    Last Expansion Pack: Into the Future October 22, 2013
    Last Stuff Pack: Movie Stuff September 10, 2013
    Last Patch: 1.69 November 12th, 2015
    @bee1977 yay I am happy for you :) I remember you looking forward to the console version of Sims 4 after your last computer gave out.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @SimplyJen LOL you remember that? Haha that's awesome. I totally was looking forward to the console version, but hubby surprised me with a gaming laptop, so I think I'll take that instead :D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    Our last month for awhile with a 2500 simpoint prize! Get your entries in before December 1!!
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Since november 2015 you know the game is dead . :cry:
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Since november 2015 you know the game is dead . :cry:
    I think that "complete" and "no longer in development" sound a lot nicer than "dead." ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Dead would suggest no one plays or cares about this game anymore and that's just not true. ;) Most of us are still exploring everything this game has to offer even years later.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Dead would suggest no one plays or cares about this game anymore and that's just not true. ;) Most of us are still exploring everything this game has to offer even years later.

This.

I still play the game often myself and use the CAP tool a lot to add in some new patterns or pictures for my Sims to take pictures of with her camera or to try to paint on her easel... :) Plus the fact that we still have new TS3 players coming over to this side after they've tried TS4 because either they won't too happy about that game or they just wanted to try TS3 and find it more enjoyable to play.

But my guess would be the reason why they think that it's dead is because EA is no longer making anything new for TS3 but at least we still have CC creators making new CC items for the game. So really the game isn't dead in the sense that the person who said it was dead... ;)
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Definitely not dead. Have you seen this thread: WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR SIMS GAME TODAY?

Every time I go there to lurk and read everyone's posts, I'm several pages behind.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sims 3 is dead? Why didn't someone tell me ? My game didn't know it was meant to be a corpse, and is happy and thriving.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Definitely not dead. Have you seen this thread: WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR SIMS GAME TODAY?

Every time I go there to lurk and read everyone's posts, I'm several pages behind.

Sorry! I am probably responsible for 1000 of those pages! ;)

And the game is most assuredly not dead. I have barely touched the tip of the iceberg and still have several EPs waiting to be installed and explored.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @Mikezumi that's ok ;) lol! I just like to read through and pass out likes and awesomes.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    TS3 is alive and well unlike my old computer mouse which finally died off today and I got stuck buying a new one with my hairstylist money.I just made a CC blueprint in my game with the blueprint maker tool and this one is sharable.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »

:| ... I know @Odonata68 .
    If I have to go out of town on business, I come back 2k behind in posts.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited December 2017
    I just got caught up reading that thread today. I was like 5 pages behind.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I was twenty pages behind in comments...and I just managed to catch up. ~sigh~...I'll probably be another 6 pages behind tomorrow. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I think we've established that Sims 3 is far from dead! Alive and thriving.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Definitely not on life-support with this loyal fan-base. :D "He's not dead, Jim..." :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TygermistTygermist Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello. I'm new to Sims 3 and love it alot. I need some friends so I can send presents. Anyone know how I can find some who are active?
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    sims 3 is the best! have fun playing guys
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Tygermist wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new to Sims 3 and love it alot. I need some friends so I can send presents. Anyone know how I can find some who are active?
    Hi, welcome to the game and to the forums! Maybe you can find what your looking for in this corner.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TygermistTygermist Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="JoAnne65;c-16200003"][quote="@Tygermist;c-16198687"]Hello. I'm new to Sims 3 and love it alot. I need some friends so I can send presents. Anyone know how I can find some who are active?[/quote]
    Hi, welcome to the game and to the forums! Maybe you can find what your looking for...
    [/quote]

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Even though the ads are gone, the Sims 3 store section is still thriving! We have two new forum members participating this month.

COME JOIN THE GIFT OF CREATION FUN!

Aricarai also has a contest with huge prizes in the same section, and the daily deal thread is going strong...

FOLLOW THE DAILY DEALS TO OWN THE STORE FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SIMPOINTS!