Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAMILY GAMEPACK AND SPORTS STUFF PACK / QUARTERLY TEASER

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Emily04 wrote: »
    i hope they don't add preteens in this pack, i think it's a good lifestage everyone should experience without having to get the pack. you know? :)

They cannot add a life stage of already existing sims to a pack they have to be added in the base game - and why toddlers were added to the base game - other wise you end up with a life stage your sims cannot have or issues like the YA stage had in Sims 2 they could never be in their home worlds and had to stay at Uni all the time. The life stage did not exist outside of the Uni world. In packs they can add new life states - like Vamps or pets or witches or any life state of a sim not already in the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe an ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed. It may not even be pets. We saw toddler stuff in programming for 2 years before we got them.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

I quoted you in another thread, it was stated that a year development time is good. Development time does not equal release time.

Exactly - I think that is why after Grant said what he said about the year and why Romeo (I think it was Romeo - LOL) added - "or more" - is why they said that. I know I sort of moaned about it to myself.

Not long after that live play I noticed one of the other devs on twitter said in reply to a few complaining when eps come out or about only one a year - and not like the other sims games of 2 a year - replied they always stated Sims 4 would not come out like former sims games - that they never once said there would be a time reference or expectation set for the development of this game. I think people just chose not to pay attention to the various times this info has been brought up since Sims 4 came out even. Just like in the beginning even I believe it was Rachel who indicated Sims 4 would not end like previous games and that they would produce for this game as long as it was feasible to do so. So I fully expect 5 years will come and go and Sims 4 will still be being made from what they said even back then.

I mean, people are complaining about the lack of expansions, but with them all being half baked, i'd rather get more game packs since they always get it right.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Also look at this picture, what can we see that was NOT there before? Did Sims sit down with food and cup of coffee at once before? I never saw that so far in my game and why the Tragic Clown picture???

29ffafb82c1a4bb59331435ccca4a8da.jpeg

They can do that with testing cheats as far as sims reactions to show something. But everything there is normal - the clown picture is the focus - stating these two sims are unhappy with their life - they want a make over of sort - which introduce the same sims with a new outlook and a redo which we get in the stuff pack and instead of sitting around, getting healthier at the same time. Notice the make over - new hair style- healthier living instead of eating/reading all the time - now exercising - getting fit. New exciting direction - I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    i hope they don't add preteens in this pack, i think it's a good lifestage everyone should experience without having to get the pack. you know? :)

They cannot add a life stage of already existing sims to a pack they have to be added in the base game - and why toddlers were added to the base game - other wise you end up with a life stage your sims cannot have or issues like the YA stage had in Sims 2 they could never be in their home worlds and had to stay at Uni all the time. The life stage did not exist outside of the Uni world. In packs they can add now life states - like Vamps or pets or witches or any life state of a sim not already in the game.

I'm hoping now that toddlers are done and out the "Free stuff" team will do preteens! That's a dream anyways haha
  • Options
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe an ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed. It may not even be pets. We saw toddler stuff in programming for 2 years before we got them.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

I quoted you in another thread, it was stated that a year development time is good. Development time does not equal release time.

Exactly - I think that is why after Grant said what he said about the year and why Romeo (I think it was Romeo - LOL) added - "or more" - is why they said that. I know I sort of moaned about it to myself.

Not long after that live play I noticed one of the other devs on twitter said in reply to a few complaining when eps come out or about only one a year - and not like the other sims games of 2 a year - replied they always stated Sims 4 would not come out like former sims games - that they never once said there would be a time reference or expectation set for the development of this game. I think people just chose not to pay attention to the various times this info has been brought up since Sims 4 came out even. Just like in the beginning even I believe it was Rachel who indicated Sims 4 would not end like previous games and that they would produce for this game as long as it was feasible to do so. So I fully expect 5 years will come and go and Sims 4 will still be being made from what they said even back then.

I mean, people are complaining about the lack of expansions, but with them all being half baked, i'd rather get more game packs since they always get it right.

Yes - I am getting to prefer the gps myself. They go very indepth ironically.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

They cannot add a life stage of already existing sims to a pack they have to be added in the base game - and why toddlers were added to the base game - other wise you end up with a life stage your sims cannot have or issues like the YA stage had in Sims 2 they could never be in their home worlds and had to stay at Uni all the time. The life stage did not exist outside of the Uni world. In packs they can add now life states - like Vamps or pets or witches or any life state of a sim not already in the game.

I'm hoping now that toddlers are done and out the "Free stuff" team will do preteens! That's a dream anyways haha

Yep - that would work. They would be awesome if they are done as well as the toddlers for sure. That team is great.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Also look at this picture, what can we see that was NOT there before? Did Sims sit down with food and cup of coffee at once before? I never saw that so far in my game and why the Tragic Clown picture???

it's how these teasers are always structured. A "before" shot showing sad/bored looking sims and base game items, then an "after" shot showing the same sims dressed in new cas stuff/with a couple new objects/items looking excited/lively.
  • Options
    RoseBud05RoseBud05 Posts: 14 New Member
    They are giving me what I want. I am so excited!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited April 2017
    Game Pack team must be on crack cause wow they're about to seriously overtake the EP team in pack count, and just released two popular concepts back to back.

Game Pack team confirmed best girl.

Well, the GPs do tend to be more exciting while the EPs tend to be really disappointing (in MY opinion of course) so I don't really mind that happening... :)
    kokoro80 wrote: »

it's how these teasers are always structured. A "before" shot showing sad/bored looking sims and base game items, then an "after" shot showing the same sims dressed in new cas stuff/with a couple new objects/items looking excited/lively.

It's almost as if they are aware that the base game is quite lacking... :no_mouth:
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited April 2017
    EDIT: No need to double post... Sorry...
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    shygirl wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    What does everyone think the gameplay items will be?

I bet the SP comes out this month, and the SP in June!

The SP won't be out this month, the teaser said Spring for the GP and summer for the SP, so the GP will be here first

Sorry, I meant to write:
    I bet the GP comes out this month, and the SP in June!
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited April 2017
    You know this makes me wonder if some of the suggested objects for toddlers will be included in this pack. Also makes you wonder how long they've been working on it. Especially since it's being released so soon after the vampire pack.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    You know this makes me wonder if some of the suggested objects for toddlers will be included in this pack. Also makes you wonder how long they've been working on it. Especially since it's being released so soon after the vampire pack.

I was thinking the saaaame exact thing, back after toddlers were released and one of the gurus on twitter was asking which items we'd like for them. I bet it was for this GP ;D
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,616 Member
    In the very first picture of the teaser pause when you see the teen standing near the bookcase - their whole frame appears smaller compared to the parents - where in you compare in game and the teens are pretty much the same size as their parents unless you make them unbelievably skinny. Still it may just be a trick of the eyes and how they placed the Sims at the rack so much further away. Just to me the teens frame overall looks smaller. It could be just wishful thinking too on my part. LOL.

Here you go ;) Not sure though I see a difference on the teen. Maybe, but showing them all together definitely make me believe it will be a family themed GP! Which would be great, We got a whole life stage of Vampires as GP so imagine what we could get with family GP!

7747928d683a4c4f8a09b3845bd7ff09.jpeg

They look like the same teenagers to me in my opinion but we will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'm so pumped for the game pack! :smiley: I'm curious about the stuff pack, but I'm not pulling out my wallet yet.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

I was thinking the saaaame exact thing, back after toddlers were released and one of the gurus on twitter was asking which items we'd like for them. I bet it was for this GP ;D

Right? It was like maybe what? A day or two after toddlers were released that the gurus asked what they wanted for future toddler content. I hadn't even gotten used to the content they released with the patch let alone thinking about what more they could add. But of course I put my two cents in lol. Here's to hoping we get playhouses
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    I'm a little 'meh' about these 2 packs. Fleshed out family play would be fun but I'm not overly excited about fitness stuff, especially after the exciting titles on offer for the community initiative. We'll see. :)
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    LadyJester wrote: »
    So thats only 2 packs it seems like. Are we not getting anything during April? I am just wondering. The packs look great. I can't wait to see them. Also is it just me or does that teen look a little different from how teens look now?

so you are excited for maybe teens being able to sit at desks how does this pack look great exactly they did not show anything! other then teens sitting in desks maybe.

The teen to me looks different than how they usually look. That could mean they got a total make over. Yes I am excited. So far the game packs for this game has been amazing and if it is about family play then I am sure it will make a lot of people happy. I am also excited for the SP it looks like we are getting some new workout outfits. Which i really need in my game. Sorry you're disappointed they arent sharing every single thing in 30 seconds but we will know more about them when time comes.

You don't have to explain yourself. Don't feed these folks on the forum. You're pleased. Enough said
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,616 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

Right? It was like maybe what? A day or two after toddlers were released that the gurus asked what they wanted for future toddler content. I hadn't even gotten used to the content they released with the patch let alone thinking about what more they could add. But of course I put my two cents in lol. Here's to hoping we get playhouses

You both are on to something I didn't think of that until now yes that can be a huge possibility.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Family pack looks interesting.
    Too early too comment on the other one as it shows very little so I will reserve judgement till I know more.

ironically i found it to be the opposite the other pack shows just enough to tell what it will be about where as the family pack one shows teens sitting in a desk maybe?

I agree there isn't much to go on for the family one either, but I think family play is still desperately needed and I'm interested in what they will have done for this.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I thought the Vampire GP was very well done. So I hope that is indicative that they've started putting a great deal more effort into everything they make. People on these forums in particular have wanted a Family GP for a long time so I hope they do it justice. :)
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    What is considered spring for them? I looked it up and the first official day of Summer is June 20th, so does that mean the GP could come in May? Maybe we will get more info on the GP next week, and then 3 more weeks after that to release?
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    @Aeriexo11- My guess is that the GP could be released April 25th, the last week of April, or May 2nd ... while the Fitness SP released June 20th (since most packs are released on a Tuesday), which is the first day of Summer. And then Quarter 3 Teaser released the first week of July. But again, who knows... some of the time we're right and most times we're dead wrong.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Hm, I'm trying to remember how long after our last teaser did they start releasing more info on vampires?
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They told us after New Years that they were very excited for things they have planned for 2017. Toddlers, vampires, who knows what's next.