Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAMILY GAMEPACK AND SPORTS STUFF PACK / QUARTERLY TEASER

Comments

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm very excited for the Fitness SP. I've always asked for more gym equipment, so I hope we get stuff like exercise bike, pull-up bar, weightlifting, etc. and maybe also a separate showerhead like the one from TS2 University and TS3 Store.

By the way, I wasn't expecting another GP so soon, I thought Pets would be coming next after Bowling, but I hope bunkbeds, strollers, playground equipment (swings, slides, sandbox, merry-go-round, etc), treehouses return.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hopefully our sims finally get swings, kiddy pools for toddlers, and maybe be able to toss balls again and play hop scotch and jump rope. New toys for family play. My other sims games my family likes playing together - flying kites and things like that - working garden together even. Some of those ideas would be nice. Like teach the kids to skate or ride bikes. So many ideas - I hope we get some of them. Bunk beds and tree houses. Toddler play kitchen and swings for tots too. Floaties for the pool. Teach toddler to fish with toddler fishing stuff. Tea parties. Finger paints for tots.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2017
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    LadyJester wrote: »
    So thats only 2 packs it seems like. Are we not getting anything during April? I am just wondering. The packs look great. I can't wait to see them. Also is it just me or does that teen look a little different from how teens look now?

so you are excited for maybe teens being able to sit at desks how does this pack look great exactly they did not show anything! other then teens sitting in desks maybe.

The teen to me looks different than how they usually look. That could mean they got a total make over. Yes I am excited. So far the game packs for this game has been amazing and if it is about family play then I am sure it will make a lot of people happy. I am also excited for the SP it looks like we are getting some new workout outfits. Which i really need in my game. Sorry you're disappointed they arent sharing every single thing in 30 seconds but we will know more about them when time comes.
    So thats only 2 packs it seems like. Are we not getting anything during April? I am just wondering. The packs look great. I can't wait to see them. Also is it just me or does that teen look a little different from how teens look now?

so you are excited for maybe teens being able to sit at desks how does this pack look great exactly they did not show anything! other then teens sitting in desks maybe.

The teen to me looks different than how they usually look. That could mean they got a total make over. Yes I am excited. So far the game packs for this game has been amazing and if it is about family play then I am sure it will make a lot of people happy. I am also excited for the SP it looks like we are getting some new workout outfits. Which i really need in my game. Sorry you're disappointed they arent sharing every single thing in 30 seconds but we will know more about them when time comes.

well i thought the tolder intreaction with the ad was different so yeah and i cant say i notice the difference in what the teen looks like so please explain to me what you see with the teen i would really like to see. for me game packs have ranged from okay to meh. to even slightly overrated. some of them even feel a bit like a slight waste so yeah to me game packs have never been the most ideal thing. i think its awesome how its about family play i just wish they showed us something other then a teen in the background sitting at a desk who looks different in someway(like i said i cant see it but if you explain it to me maybe that may change things) and i am not sure how to be excited if they are not showing off anything other then showing the familes interacting in ways they already could before. at least every other game pack trailer showed us something different this one they may as well have had the icon flash on the screen as it would have been just as effective if not even more.

This isn't a trailer for the packs!!!! This is a *teaser* ALL teasers have looked like this. When they get ready to release the pack they give us a week notice. They show us about 1 or 2 true trailers for the pack and then on fridays they live stream packs. The live streams usually last an hour to show off everything that they can and they give out copies to some youtubers that are allowed to post reviews the day before they get released. This teaser isn't the only thing that they are showing for the packs. They show us all kinds of things. This is just something that's letting us know whats coming next and what to be looking for. They show us plenty when the packs are almost ready to be released. The Teens to me look a little smaller than they do to the adults. Thats what I see anyways.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I hope this game pack make the teens stay out a little more! :/ Like giving them their own interaction, pimples on face, or different trait for them. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I like Fitness Bob :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Hopefully our sims finally get swings, kiddy pools for toddlers, and maybe be able to toss balls again and play hop scotch and jump rope. New toys for family play. My other sims games my family likes playing together - flying kites and things like that - working garden together even. Some of those ideas would be nice. Like teach the kids to skate or ride bikes. So many ideas - I hope we get some of them. Bunk beds and tree houses. Toddler play kitchen and swings for tots too. Floaties for the pool. Teach toddler to fish with toddler fishing stuff. Tea parties. Finger paints for tots.

I agree with everything here. Also new clothes for the toddlers. I think I saw that one toddler wearing something new? Also you forgot trampolines :p !
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Uh I hate how short and vague these quarterly teasers are. I really want to know what will be in them and just get a vague idea for them.

That said I am happy to see another GP and so soon. I personally would of thought if anything we wouldn't get another till summer or early fall. Really interested in seeing what this "family" pack has to offer.

The SP looks okay. I'm not really sure if we really need more athletic attire but if it adds a new type of gym equipment it could be worth it. I just don't know what type of gym equipment they could add.

The teasers are just to give an idea of what's coming up for this quarter. We'll get more details as the pack nears completion. I'm thinking probably May for the GP and late June (similar to when Bowling Stuff was released) for the SP.

I like having more athletic attire, and my gyms could probably use a makeover. More decor options and maybe a new piece of equipment (exercise bike maybe?) would come in handy. I'm interested in what the family pack entails; more activities to do as a family, or for each individual age? Maybe we get play options back for children that don't require "stuff" like Tag. Maybe teens get more to distinguish them from young adults. Maybe grandparents have a greater spot in their family's life, and not just sit around waiting for Grimmy to show up. And anything that brings more CASsets for toddlers is welcome. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    After how many time they give us more information after teaser?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited April 2017
    After how many time they give us more information after teaser?

Not until the pack is close to coming out. Typically 2-3 weeks before a Game Pack release, 1 week before a Stuff Pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Only one EP this year and the avalanche of stuff packs continue. Disappointed.

I'm mildly intrigued about the GP though. But my game is too buggy to play, so I think I'll avoid it until/ if the bugs get fixed. That being said, I hope it's about family interactions and not hobbies how some people in here are guessing. Did not see any new interactions in the teaser though :(

But we're getting a new GP only about 4 months after the last one, and it looks like with a theme that's been greatly requested. Considering how successful the GPs have been, I find that very encouraging.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like Fitness Bob :)

OMG. I didn't get that that was Bob and Eliza there. Whoosh over da head.
    I'm really hoping for a new fitness type aspiration. That bodybuilder one is sooo lonely.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

I mentioned that also as the teen in the background looks much smaller framed. I hope that is a fact and not just their placement in the teaser.

It could also be that maybe they're just dressed like a teen and maybe we think they look different. A part of me is just kinda hoping that they actually did give the teens make overs.

If they're dressed like a teen, maybe that means we'll get an age filter patched in for clothing, similar to the gender filter where Adult/Elder townies won't dress like teens but players can remove the filters when they dress their Sims in CAS. So it could be a teaser for free content as well as the pack itself. They're likely limited to what they can do for teens without having to make major changes to clothing CASsets.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yeaaah I was right about us getting a second GP :D:D:D but I didn't think it'd be a family themed one so if this is true, and it seems like it is, this is gonna be one hell of a year for TS4 :D
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    But we're getting a new GP only about 4 months after the last one, and it looks like with a theme that's been greatly requested. Considering how successful the GPs have been, I find that very encouraging.

Hency why I'm mildly intrigued. Doesn't change the fact that I would like more EPs, less SPs and most importantly my game being less broken >_<
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it doesn't reveal much but I'm happy about the themes.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017

well i thought the tolder intreaction with the ad was different so yeah and i cant say i notice the difference in what the teen looks like so please explain to me what you see with the teen i would really like to see. for me game packs have ranged from okay to meh. to even slightly overrated. some of them even feel a bit like a slight waste so yeah to me game packs have never been the most ideal thing. i think its awesome how its about family play i just wish they showed us something other then a teen in the background sitting at a desk who looks different in someway(like i said i cant see it but if you explain it to me maybe that may change things) and i am not sure how to be excited if they are not showing off anything other then showing the familes interacting in ways they already could before. at least every other game pack trailer showed us something different this one they may as well have had the icon flash on the screen as it would have been just as effective if not even more.

In the very first picture of the teaser pause when you see the teen standing near the bookcase - their whole frame appears smaller compared to the parents - where in you compare in game and the teens are pretty much the same size as their parents unless you make them unbelievably skinny. Still it may just be a trick of the eyes and how they placed the Sims at the rack so much further away. Just to me the teens frame overall looks smaller. It could be just wishful thinking too on my part. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 422 Member

Family GP: day of release purchase!
    Fitness SP: need more info

No mention of Seasons: :(
    No mention of Pets: :) ...sorry I hate Pets and University.
  • Options
    The teen looks like she's doing something at the desk and it's not the usual homework book -- maybe teens will be able to keep a diary? And maybe nosy little siblings can peek in it? (My sisters moved out before I got to the bratty nosy stage, and my brother never kept a diary, but that would have been me.) And the mom's hairstyle looks similar to the one for toddlers (curly bushy style) which I know has been requested. I also love the paint spattered jeans for adults/teens -- will be great for my artist Sims.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    Can someone do a snapshot of the family so we can Analyze it better my phone is bad so I cant do it
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Game Pack team must be on crack cause wow they're about to seriously overtake the EP team in pack count, and just released two popular concepts back to back.

Game Pack team confirmed best girl.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    How did people see enough in the gamepack bit of the video to say "generations"??? All I could see was a few sims like we already have, and a set of shelves and other things we already have. I saw a different shape running machine in the stuff pack bit. Why can I never spot anything in these videos that everyone else seems able to see?
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I want more info!

If it is a family pack and a sports/fitness sp, I will definitely get both.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    How did people see enough in the gamepack bit of the video to say "generations"??? All I could see was a few sims like we already have, and a set of shelves and other things we already have. I saw a different shape running machine in the stuff pack bit. Why can I never spot anything in these videos that everyone else seems able to see?

The pack icon for the game pack looked like a family.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Only one EP this year and the avalanche of stuff packs continue. Disappointed.

I'm mildly intrigued about the GP though. But my game is too buggy to play, so I think I'll avoid it until/ if the bugs get fixed. That being said, I hope it's about family interactions and not hobbies how some people in here are guessing. Did not see any new interactions in the teaser though :(

We are gonna end up with a million SPs lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe an ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed. It may not even be pets. We saw toddler stuff in programming for 2 years before we got them.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

I quoted you in another thread, it was stated that a year development time is good. Development time does not equal release time.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png