Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAMILY GAMEPACK AND SPORTS STUFF PACK / QUARTERLY TEASER

Comments

• Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    @2HubbiesNLove Thank you! Then it would make sense for them to reveal more info maybe within the next week or two (:
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Also look at this picture, what can we see that was NOT there before? Did Sims sit down with food and cup of coffee at once before? I never saw that so far in my game and why the Tragic Clown picture???

29ffafb82c1a4bb59331435ccca4a8da.jpeg

I think the balloons on the clown is new.
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    I'm sorry, but what am I looking at. This teaser tells me nothing.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'm glad its not pets. I think I must be one of the very few who don't want it..
    I want more adventures and lots. I'd like to see more holiday places like Granite Falls with more collections..
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    The teaser images are vexingly vague for explaining anything about what the GP could possibly be about. The only thing it seems to represent without question is a family.

It looks like they're meant to represent some kind of before/after sequence though.

The SP part starts by showing Bob Pancakes eating a huge stack of Pancakes (and presumably getting fat from eating them) then shows them on a treadmill / in workout clothing.

So if we reason that the GP part of the teaser is using the same structure, it starts out showing a family: Child and Toddler are upset, Dad is almost falling asleep. Teen is idle in the background. Backpack on the ground, adult easel, adult bookshelf; these aren't doing it.

Then we see books and papers strewn about. Child-looking drawings hung on a wall. Some sort of child's activity table. And some sort of Teen's styled desk for doing homework on. Mom talking to Child happily. Dad playing with Toddler.

They're happier now, but why? Because the children have more to do? Perhaps the theme is expanding on gameplay objects for kids. I want to believe Generations, but it seems odd that they don't appear to have shown anything remotely representing the passing of time, or the experience of having a family. The concept seems to be giving kids more to do that isn't weirdly adult, which I suppose could represent things like active school or daycare.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited April 2017
    This teaser doesn't tease me so much as just confuse me. ...They weren't doing anything differently than they always do... And the images pass so quickly you can't even really tell if there is new 'stuff' in them. But the sims just looked normal too. I'm obviously missing something here.

Ok. looking a second time I can see how @jackjack_k thinks 80's fitness stuff and agree with them it sorta looks like that but other than the kid hair and the mom's pants for the game pack I see no difference? Is the table that the teen is sitting at new? I can't tell, there's so much stuff that I don't use furniture wise it could be a regular old table.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't understand what either pack looks to be about, seems very vague to me.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Teasers are normally vague because sometimes they aren't finished with the packs yet.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited April 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    The teaser images are vexingly vague for explaining anything about what the GP could possibly be about. The only thing it seems to represent without question is a family.

It looks like they're meant to represent some kind of before/after sequence though.

The SP part starts by showing Bob Pancakes eating a huge stack of Pancakes (and presumably getting fat from eating them) then shows them on a treadmill / in workout clothing.

So if we reason that the GP part of the teaser is using the same structure, it starts out showing a family: Child and Toddler are upset, Dad is almost falling asleep. Teen is idle in the background. Backpack on the ground, adult easel, adult bookshelf; these aren't doing it.

Then we see books and papers strewn about. Child-looking drawings hung on a wall. Some sort of child's activity table. And some sort of Teen's styled desk for doing homework on. Mom talking to Child happily. Dad playing with Toddler.

They're happier now, but why? Because the children have more to do? Perhaps the theme is expanding on gameplay objects for kids. I want to believe Generations, but it seems odd that they don't appear to have shown anything remotely representing the passing of time, or the experience of having a family. The concept seems to be giving kids more to do that isn't weirdly adult, which I suppose could represent things like active school or daycare.

That's an insightful analysis, but you forgot the logo. That's what pushes it towards family/generations direction in my opinion. Another thing why I think that it focuses on the whole family is because the adults seem as important in the teaser and if the pack was for kids then the adults wouldn't have to be there.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Hm, I'm trying to remember how long after our last teaser did they start releasing more info on vampires?

The released vampires info a week after the teaser. :smile:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    In the very first picture of the teaser pause when you see the teen standing near the bookcase - their whole frame appears smaller compared to the parents - where in you compare in game and the teens are pretty much the same size as their parents unless you make them unbelievably skinny. Still it may just be a trick of the eyes and how they placed the Sims at the rack so much further away. Just to me the teens frame overall looks smaller. It could be just wishful thinking too on my part. LOL.

Here you go ;) Not sure though I see a difference on the teen. Maybe, but showing them all together definitely make me believe it will be a family themed GP! Which would be great, We got a whole life stage of Vampires as GP so imagine what we could get with family GP!

7747928d683a4c4f8a09b3845bd7ff09.jpeg

They look like the same teenagers to me in my opinion but we will have to wait and see.

I kind of think if they had changed the body frame of the teenagers they would put the teen at the same level as the rest of the family, but the teen is in the back so you can't really tell... so I think they have not tweaked the teen frame. Unless, of course, they have :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Hm, I'm trying to remember how long after our last teaser did they start releasing more info on vampires?

The released vampires info a week after the teaser. :smile:

... about two weeks before the pack released, which has been standard. Pretty sure that "before the pack releases" is the guiding time, so really we can't expect much more at this point than "sometime before June 20" (end of Spring).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

That's an insightful analysis, but you forgot the logo. That's what pushes it towards family/generations direction in my opinion. Another thing why I think that it focuses on the whole family is because the adults seem as important in the teaser and if the pack was for kids then the adults wouldn't have to be there.
    I see your point about the logo. I'm just really not understanding the teaser clip if it's supposed to represent generations.

I guess one could argue that the drawings being hung, the change from sad to happy, the teen being idle then doing schoolwork, could be intended as a representation of the passing of time for a family. It just seems like a strangely vague choice for doing it, if so.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member

I see your point about the logo. I'm just really not understanding the teaser clip if it's supposed to represent generations.

I guess one could argue that the drawings being hung, the change from sad to happy, the teen being idle then doing schoolwork, could be intended as a representation of the passing of time for a family. It just seems like a strangely vague choice for doing it, if so.

I think it's more about family than generations because if it was generations it would include probably all life stages this game is probably just a family gamepack but who knows.
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I heard a bark...
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I heard a bark...

If you're talking about that little noise you hear when it shows the Pancakes, that's Eliza's voice complaining.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited April 2017

I admit the whole generations pack idea is a bit vague for me. They've only done it once and I didn't play TS3. I'm hoping there would be some elements from it in this pack, but it could well be more about family activities. There are no elders in the teaser like @Briana2425 mentioned, so that's something to consider. Personally I think there has to be more than just family fun, game packs have been pretty in depth and I don't think that few new game play objects and interactions will cut it. Wasn't there some memory stuff in the generations pack as well?
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    The only thing I see is nostalgia in Eliza & Bob Pancakes and the sad clown picture. The treadmill and the running shoe icon may be an activity/aspiration that's related to running. The family icon might be Generations. Who knows, it's anyone's guess.
  • Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    The game of thinking parents power on their son where each family does the same thing and here is what makes me can not find the difference between big and small only in the form :'(
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I think it's more about family than generations because if it was generations it would include probably all life stages this game is probably just a family gamepack but who knows.
    Fair point.
    I admit the whole generations pack idea is a bit vague for me. They've only done it once and I didn't play TS3. I'm hoping there would be some elements from it in this pack, but it could well be more about family activities. There are no elders in the teaser like @Briana2425 mentioned, so that's something to consider. Personally I think there has to be more than just family fun, game packs have been pretty in depth and I don't think that few new game play objects and interactions will cut it. Wasn't there some memory stuff in the generations pack as well?
    I know what you mean. The concept seems vaguely shallow for a whole GP. But maybe that's intentional and there's a lot they haven't ironed yet?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited April 2017
    The thing that makes me most curious about the family GP, is that Family is not a very specific subject like Vampires, Restaurants, Spas and Camping... We can barely guess what will actually be included in this GP since this subject is so general... Basically anything that two or more family members can do together can be qualified for this pack... :|
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    For a teaser to be kind of vague I think something bigger might be coming all with this pack that has to do with family that's probably why their not really showing to much but than it came be my curious mind thinking to deep.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    FINALLY a generations Game Pack. Generations was the smallest EP for TS3, so they can totally fit it in a GP this time around. It IS about families. It has a family in the icon, and all life stages were shown in the teaser, doing family life interactions. It's NOT a daycare or school GP, because these things separate the family. This is a "family together, not separated" pack.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well I finally found a pack I will not be getting, the sports one, how Boring that would be for Me, since I am so not into Sports, I am more into movies ect, :(

P.S. What is with the Exercise stuff, we already got Gyms and such, what the heck are they thinking, they just keep copying stuff that is already in the dang game, all I am going to say is Pet's better show up this year , cause I want My werewolves Back, Pfft.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Well I finally found a pack I will not be getting, the sports one, how Boring that would be for Me, since I am so not into Sports, I am more into movies ect, :(

P.S. What is with the Exercise stuff, we already got Gyms and such, what the heck are they thinking, they just keep copying stuff that is already in the dang game, all I am going to say is Pet's better show up this year , cause I want My werewolves Back, Pfft.

I love the idea of a fitness SP. More gym equipment would not hurt. So far we only have a treadmill, punching bag, and workout machine. These things are for plummies. We need more "real" workout equipment such as free weights and squat racks.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.