Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAMILY GAMEPACK AND SPORTS STUFF PACK / QUARTERLY TEASER

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    How did people see enough in the gamepack bit of the video to say "generations"??? All I could see was a few sims like we already have, and a set of shelves and other things we already have. I saw a different shape running machine in the stuff pack bit. Why can I never spot anything in these videos that everyone else seems able to see?

The pack icon for the game pack looked like a family.

!! Do you know I was so focussed on looking at the actual video action that I didn't spare a glance for the icons! I shall go take another look.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited April 2017
    Even though it only shown me a 5 to 10 second clip of this game pack. I am kind of put off by this. I was kind of hoping for something like generational expansion pack. As from what I see in that clip looks like a free version of the sims 2 freetime. But I shouldn't judge the game too early as it might be better than what it looks like on clip. I am hoping it will be great and hopefully they fix the bugs everyone has been complaining about.

Is it just me that noticed that this quarter teaser has smaller content compared to others? as they seem to only advertised just two things?

EDITED: The stuff pack..... looks like a disappointment as we kind of covered that with spa day game pack.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Mmm I'm a bit confused. The GP does look like it could be family OR school. There are quite a bit of things pointing towards school stuff, like books, desks and stuff like that. But then there are family members interacting and playing with toddlers, as well as a family-like icon. If the GP is about school, there would probably be a book or backpack in the icon, but there isn't. It is probably a family pack, with extra gameplay for school like extra-curricular activities and such. Really really hope it has prom and lots of gameplay for teenagers, as well as some nice things for elders. There aren't any elders in the teaser though, so not holding my breath.
    All in all, I'm quite anxious to hear more about this pack!! I will be over the moon if the GP is indeed Generations and adds that wonderful and much-needed family play :smiley:

I'm not interested in fitness, however. I'm waiting to hear more about it though! If it adds some nice things like sports, I might get it :)
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Even though it only shown me a 5 to 10 second clip of this game pack. I am kind of put off by this. I was kind of hoping for something like generational expansion pack. As from what I see in that clip looks like a free version of the sims 2 freetime. But I shouldn't judge the game too early as it might be better than what it looks like on clip. I am hoping it will be great and hopefully they fix the bugs everyone has been complaining about.

Is it just me that noticed that this quarter teaser has smaller content compared to others? as they seem to only advertised just two things?

EDITED: The stuff pack..... looks like a disappointment as we kind of covered that with spa day game pack.

For it being smaller. That could actually mean that the next EP announcement is close. Either that are we might not get a pack for a month.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I don't like that people are already calling it the "Generations GP" don't jump to conclusions too fast.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Not THAT impressed tbh.
    I think they're very lazy when it comes down to actually releasing stuff that's worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I like SP's, some are absolutely gorgeous.. but no.. I just feel like with The Sims 4 in general, stuff seems more skinny/less detailed than with TS2 or TS3.
    I think it lost a little of it's spark.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe an ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed. It may not even be pets. We saw toddler stuff in programming for 2 years before we got them.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

I quoted you in another thread, it was stated that a year development time is good. Development time does not equal release time.

Exactly - I think that is why after Grant said what he said about the year and why Romeo (I think it was Romeo - LOL) added - "or more" - is why they said that. I know I sort of moaned about it to myself.

Not long after that live play I noticed one of the other devs on twitter said in reply to a few complaining when eps come out or about only one a year - and not like the other sims games of 2 a year - replied they always stated Sims 4 would not come out like former sims games - that they never once said there would be a time reference or expectation set for the development of this game. I think people just chose not to pay attention to the various times this info has been brought up since Sims 4 came out even. Just like in the beginning even I believe it was Rachel who indicated Sims 4 would not end like previous games and that they would produce for this game as long as it was feasible to do so. So I fully expect 5 years will come and go and Sims 4 will still be being made from what they said even back then.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Oh wow, I'm soo excited! Need. Moar. Info
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Fitness: I hope they bring back the workout TV and radio stations so our fat kids can exercise lol.

Family: looks to me like a mix of school, kid/teen/toddler and family gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if they added the education career track that's been missing.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Game Pack team must be on crack cause wow they're about to seriously overtake the EP team in pack count, and just released two popular concepts back to back.

Game Pack team confirmed best girl.

Not surprised.

When SimGuruRachel talked about Game Packs she often alluded to them semi replacing Expansions, rather than working along side. Just the language she used.

I remember she said Expansions would contain gameplay beyond the scope of a specific Game Pack, which kinda alludes to me they are heading towards Game Packs unless it has to be an Expansion. She said other things two made me raise an eyebrow. But then we only had one GP in 2016, so I guess then I didn't think much of it.

So imagine 2 - 3 Game Packs is the goal, with one Expansion.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm seeing a Hobbies Game Pack. They focused on Hobbies.

I think Generations would focus on other things.

The gamepack icon would like to disagree :P
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm seeing a Hobbies Game Pack. They focused on Hobbies.

I think Generations would focus on other things.

Nah if they focused on Hobbies my ego would've leveled up and I'd be openly bragging, because that'd mean I went 2 for 2 with the GP team using my ideas. :# Pretty sure it's still the same level as before, so this seems to be a family pack.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    What does everyone think the gameplay items will be?

I bet the SP comes out this month, and the SP in June!

Gamepack = Spring l Stuffpack = Summer

NAH

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Hmm I am wondering what the significance was of showing the pancakes, Bob sitting at the table and eating? And Eliza sitting on a couch, reading and looking to him. hmmmm anybody any ideas to they they showed this?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

Spa day was yoga. Different totally.

They never show actual content in a teaser or much info - it is just a hint of what is to come - but generally the stuff you see is stuff we already have in the game in a teaser - you just have to look for the often subtle hints as this is to just give you an idea of the overall focus of the coming packs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I don't like that people are already calling it the "Generations GP" don't jump to conclusions too fast.

There are bigger problems in the world :|

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe an ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed. It may not even be pets. We saw toddler stuff in programming for 2 years before we got them.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

I quoted you in another thread, it was stated that a year development time is good. Development time does not equal release time.

Exactly - I think that is why after Grant said what he said about the year and why Romeo (I think it was Romeo - LOL) added - "or more" - is why they said that. I know I sort of moaned about it to myself.

Not long after that live play I noticed one of the other devs on twitter said in reply to a few complaining when eps come out or about only one a year - and not like the other sims games of 2 a year - replied they always stated Sims 4 would not come out like former sims games - that they never once said there would be a time reference or expectation set for the development of this game. I think people just chose not to pay attention to the various times this info has been brought up since Sims 4 came out even. Just like in the beginning even I believe it was Rachel who indicated Sims 4 would not end like previous games and that they would produce for this game as long as it was feasible to do so. So I fully expect 5 years will come and go and Sims 4 will still be being made from what they said even back then.

I think people assumed Game Packs would be as well as EP's, but I think they are instead of always getting EPs.

And I'm not mad about that at all. A lot of the time, The Sims 3 EPs felt like a conflict of ideas just to make it the size of an EP, even though the actual Packs concept isn't big enough alone.

(Late Night trying to tack on Celebrities despite Showtime being in the works, Supernatural going back and adding more to Life States that already came in EPs, Into The Future being super specific like a Game Pack but had a lot of everyday fluff to fill it, Generations having a Game Packs worth of gameplay, but had everyday items to fill it up).

I'd rather them have a theme, and deliver it with the intended size, then have a theme finished, but filling it with tacked on ideas to make it EP worthy.

2 Gamepacks being $40 with no filler is better than 1 EP for $40 that's been stretched to impress and has things you forget about.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Hmm I am wondering what the significance was of showing the pancakes, Bob sitting at the table and eating? And Eliza sitting on a couch, reading and looking to him. hmmmm anybody any ideas to they they showed this?

Just a before-and-after. (The after is after the "Stuff Pack Summer" info.) They've been doing those lately for teasers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Family GP: day of release purchase!
    Fitness SP: need more info

No mention of Seasons: :(
    No mention of Pets: :) ...sorry I hate Pets and University.

Same. Almsot. I will be getting everything, no matter what. Eventually.
    I wasn't even expecting anything on seasons but I'm kinda glad it's not pets lol eventhough I'd get it. Eventually.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    In the very first picture of the teaser pause when you see the teen standing near the bookcase - their whole frame appears smaller compared to the parents - where in you compare in game and the teens are pretty much the same size as their parents unless you make them unbelievably skinny. Still it may just be a trick of the eyes and how they placed the Sims at the rack so much further away. Just to me the teens frame overall looks smaller. It could be just wishful thinking too on my part. LOL.

Here you go ;) Not sure though I see a difference on the teen. Maybe, but showing them all together definitely make me believe it will be a family themed GP! Which would be great, We got a whole life stage of Vampires as GP so imagine what we could get with family GP!

7747928d683a4c4f8a09b3845bd7ff09.jpeg

• Options
    Emily04Emily04 Posts: 22 New Member
    i hope they don't add preteens in this pack, i think it's a good lifestage everyone should experience without having to get the pack. you know? :)
  • Options
    Also look at this picture, what can we see that was NOT there before? Did Sims sit down with food and cup of coffee at once before? I never saw that so far in my game and why the Tragic Clown picture???

29ffafb82c1a4bb59331435ccca4a8da.jpeg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Also look at this picture, what can we see that was NOT there before? Did Sims sit down with food and cup of coffee at once before? I never saw that so far in my game and why the Tragic Clown picture???

29ffafb82c1a4bb59331435ccca4a8da.jpeg

That's all in the game already. I assume they are sad (tragically so) in the "before" picture because they don't have their fab new fitness stuff yet :)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Tanja1986
    Because Bob is a sad clown? .. then he isn't when he gets fit... and maybe Eliza stops nagging at him... and they live happily ever after :). I didn't even know it was Bob and Eliza till it was pointed out lol.
    If you have your sim get a drink they can also grab food and have them both at once... it's been there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    That's all in the game already. I assume they are sad (tragically so) in the "before" picture because they don't have their fab new fitness stuff yet :)

Could be, but this footage was shown in the Gameplay Pack features, why should they show something that points towards the Stuff Pack later on?