Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAMILY GAMEPACK AND SPORTS STUFF PACK / QUARTERLY TEASER

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Extra, the logo of the GP is a family, so if it was about school they would have choose another logo. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    And not to forget to mention, TSFreeplay came out with a Daycare updated. I know they don't typically work together, but I find it funny that they released that yesterday and now we get this teaser. If it is a school pack, I'm sure we'll get a daycare of sorts to go with the toddlers. Just an observation I made.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I am SO excited! I have needed a family GP in forever, and I've actually always wanted new sports equipment, too!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited April 2017
    What does everyone think the gameplay items will be?

I bet the GP comes out this month, and the SP in June!
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    this looks amazing for the family pack i hope that they have more beds in this gamepack maybe a kid size racecar bed or bunkbeds or loft bed but i can not wait

and the clothing options on thework out one looks good i like the shirt eliza was wearing
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Hmm two packs that i'll definitely get...something has changed in TS4 studio i think and I'm not complaining :smiley:
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Extra, the logo of the GP is a family, so if it was about school they would have choose another logo. :wink:

Potentially.

I just think "Family" can mean more than "Generations".
    You can have Family activities, Hobbies for each Life Stage.

I just don't see it being a Family Pack. It's probably a more specific pack, that involves Families :)
  • Options
    Hmm two packs that i'll definitely get...something has changed in TS4 studio i think and I'm not complaining :smiley:

It's been the best year of Sims since 2012 for me so far and we aren't even all the way through it. :joy:
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited April 2017
    I actually really like both themes this quarter, the Family/Generations one because it's desperately needed, and the Sports/Fitness one cause I have A LOT of athletic sims that need more stuff to do... So the main themes of the pack are A+ for me, we'll see what they'll actually include in the future... :p
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Uh I hate how short and vague these quarterly teasers are. I really want to know what will be in them and just get a vague idea for them.

That said I am happy to see another GP and so soon. I personally would of thought if anything we wouldn't get another till summer or early fall. Really interested in seeing what this "family" pack has to offer.

The SP looks okay. I'm not really sure if we really need more athletic attire but if it adds a new type of gym equipment it could be worth it. I just don't know what type of gym equipment they could add.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm seeing a Hobbies Game Pack. They focused on Hobbies.

I think Generations would focus on other things.

That would actually be even better, since it would seem to be hobbies for all lifestages, which I for one, would definitely like to have.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I don't know if this top is new but ughhh I find it so cute!!!
    Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_18.52.00.png
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    wavves wrote: »
    i think the game pack may be some sort of generations pack!!!

but i'm v sad pets aren't in this quarter

I reckon we'll get Pets near the end of the year. It's already a best seller and a Christmas release time = $$$
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    What does everyone think the gameplay items will be?

I bet the SP comes out this month, and the SP in June!

The SP won't be out this month, the teaser said Spring for the GP and summer for the SP, so the GP will be here first

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

It seems pretty generations/family oriented to me. Even the icon shows a family..

I was hoping they add in family stuff in an EP. That way that can expand on it a bit more. I'm excited for it but the trailer came across as if it was promoting school from how I saw it. But that's just me. Plus if you look at the clip, there are backpacks, books, paper, etc. on the floor. A teen is writing something at her desk.

I actually like the expansion packs. But even then, I have to say I have so far liked the gamepacks more than the eps. The specific focus tends to help bring out the best in whatever theme they're going with. Even the spa one, which was not exactly a theme I had any interest in, had awesome build/buy objects that I keep using over and over. Same for the vacation one. And I loved the gameplay in the vampires GP. If they can bring that same level of gameplay to a generation or hobby pack, then it would definitely be worth the money.
  • Options
    @RubeeSims wrote: »

I reckon we'll get Pets near the end of the year. It's already a best seller and a Christmas release time = $$$

Pets is always Sep/October. The start of Christmas shopping period, but also just after gaming events.

I wasn't expecting it this quarter, they would be silly to do it without that advantage.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm honestly super excited for both!! I'm a fitness nut myself, so the SP will be right up my alley. And the GP makes me really happy because that's been a requested topic (family play) so it's very nice to see that <3
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    These look pretty exciting! Can't wait until we learn more about them!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

It seems pretty generations/family oriented to me. Even the icon shows a family..

yeah plus the way they dad was playing with the tolder was cute but like i said it showed nothing about what they plan to do with teens or elders and i hope they do not pull a generations and or city life and say we added so many cute features with tolders just the tolder inderactions alone are worth the game pack and so thats all we foucsed on and wanted to focus on stories and we knew that the only stories people wanted was with tolders.
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    @RubeeSims wrote: »

Pets is always Sep/October. The start of Christmas shopping period, but also just after gaming events.

I wasn't expecting it this quarter, they would be silly to do it without that advantage.

Yeah I just looked up the first three games Pets EP release dates and two of them were October and one November. I definitely think Sims 4 Pets will be October/November.
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    The family one looks promising. I'm not sure about the fitness one though. Is it just recolors of gym equipment we already have, are we getting that and a new one, or will it lean more towards sports because (tennis!) please? I just really hope it's more about sports than gym equipment.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Family GP - yes. Is it just me or does that teen (in the background of the first section near that bookcase looking item) look a bit more teen like then they did? They look smaller framed anyway. If so - that's a BIG yay from me.

Oh yes we definitely need more gym clothes. I think we do anyway. So I like both these ideas - but especially happy to have a gp - I wished we had one coming and really doubted we would - so that alone makes me very happy. The GPs so far have been amazing - so I look forward to a gp more than an ep it seems. LOL.

Yes can't wait to hear and see more.

Thank you Guru's for the teaser. Looks like a good pair coming, to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Omg Omg Omg
    dWRJBfz.gif