Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAMILY GAMEPACK AND SPORTS STUFF PACK / QUARTERLY TEASER

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,449 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What does everyone think the gameplay items will be?

I bet the SP comes out this month, and the SP in June!

I hope the GP comes out in May because I don't want to wait for the April patch until the 30th.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Only one EP this year and the avalanche of stuff packs continue. Disappointed.

I'm mildly intrigued about the GP though. But my game is too buggy to play, so I think I'll avoid it until/ if the bugs get fixed. That being said, I hope it's about family interactions and not hobbies how some people in here are guessing. Did not see any new interactions in the teaser though :(
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Extra, the logo of the GP is a family, so if it was about school they would have choose another logo. :wink:

Potentially.

I just think "Family" can mean more than "Generations".
    You can have Family activities, Hobbies for each Life Stage.

I just don't see it being a Family Pack. It's probably a more specific pack, that involves Families :)

This families?

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe an ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed. It may not even be pets. We saw toddler stuff in programming for 2 years before we got them.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Extra, the logo of the GP is a family, so if it was about school they would have choose another logo. :wink:

Potentially.

I just think "Family" can mean more than "Generations".
    You can have Family activities, Hobbies for each Life Stage.

I just don't see it being a Family Pack. It's probably a more specific pack, that involves Families :)

This families?

When I look at that I'm thinking Grove Street Families GTA lol
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Family pack looks interesting.
    Too early too comment on the other one as it shows very little so I will reserve judgement till I know more.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like both! I hope the family GP gives teens proper teenager things to do and proper teen-parent interaction amongst other things.
    I am a bit surprised that the Pets EP is not coming though. That might mean just one EP this year?

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe the ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed.

On the plus side a new GP well before I thought we might get one. GPs are the best - so I think this is a plus plus.

Just to add they still have the thread open for people giving ideas on pets - so it is obvious it is still far from game ready if they are still looking for ideas.

I had no idea that they made such a statement. If that's the case then fair enough. I just thought that since they are not working on toddlers anymore they might have more people involved with EPs and maybe could pull out 2 this year.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2017
    So thats only 2 packs it seems like. Are we not getting anything during April? I am just wondering. The packs look great. I can't wait to see them. Also is it just me or does that teen look a little different from how teens look now?
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Only one EP this year and the avalanche of stuff packs continue. Disappointed.

I'm mildly intrigued about the GP though. But my game is too buggy to play, so I think I'll avoid it until/ if the bugs get fixed. That being said, I hope it's about family interactions and not hobbies how some people in here are guessing. Did not see any new interactions in the teaser though :(

i know right and i have a feeling its because they wont add any....
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »
    So thats only 2 packs it seems like. Are we not getting anything during April? I am just wondering. The packs look great. I can't wait to see them. Also is it just me or does that teen look a little different from how teens look now?

so you are excited for maybe teens being able to sit at desks how does this pack look great exactly they did not show anything! other then teens sitting in desks maybe.
  • Options
    Family pack looks interesting.
    Too early too comment on the other one as it shows very little so I will reserve judgement till I know more.

ironically i found it to be the opposite the other pack shows just enough to tell what it will be about where as the family pack one shows teens sitting in a desk maybe?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Why are you surprised - since CL they said 1 ep a year - so I would not be surprised. I do not believe the head of eps team would make such a statement during live play and only be teasing. Grant is not the teasing type if you ask me. So I would have frankly been surprised had they said a ep was around the corner, I do believe the ep will come late October to late November - in time for the Christmas shopping rush personally, as long as it doesn't get delayed.

I had no idea that they made such a statement. If that's the case then fair enough. I just thought that since they are not working on toddlers anymore they might have more people involved with EPs and maybe could pull out 2 this year.

The team that made toddlers do not work on other teams - even Graham said that. They work on free stuff only so unlike previous games each team seems to stay within what they do.

I do think we will see more how Maxis works nowadays in this coming simmer/Maxis thing to build the sp . I hope so anyway - but it sounds like we will be shown the way they do things this go around. I think that is a good thing - in the long run.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

well apparently they made the satement they have 1 team working on full eps right now and it takes one team a year to actually make them
  • Options
    brendhan21 wrote: »

so you are excited for maybe teens being able to sit at desks how does this pack look great exactly they did not show anything! other then teens sitting in desks maybe.

The teen to me looks different than how they usually look. That could mean they got a total make over. Yes I am excited. So far the game packs for this game has been amazing and if it is about family play then I am sure it will make a lot of people happy. I am also excited for the SP it looks like we are getting some new workout outfits. Which i really need in my game. Sorry you're disappointed they arent sharing every single thing in 30 seconds but we will know more about them when time comes.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited April 2017
    I am very happy with the themes I see. I hope that the family one is heavily based on interactions and family mechanics that flesh out each stage to make them more unique. As for the fitness stuff pack, I am hoping they are working on at least one unique workout machine we've never seen in the sims series. I have a feeling Pets is coming late summer or later in the year. It would be a pleasant surprise if they released an expansion late summer and Christmas season!
  • Options

I mentioned that also as the teen in the background looks much smaller framed. I hope that is a fact and not just their placement in the teaser.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

I mentioned that also as the teen in the background looks much smaller framed. I hope that is a fact and not just their placement in the teaser.

It could also be that maybe they're just dressed like a teen and maybe we think they look different. A part of me is just kinda hoping that they actually did give the teens make overs.
  • Options

i have no idea! that is bugging me cuz it looks like its the placment of the teaser but there is no way to tell :(
  • Options

It could also be that maybe they're just dressed like a teen and maybe we think they look different. A part of me is just kinda hoping that they actually did give the teens make overs.

I so agree. I have so much trouble telling game teens from YA's especially when I have single Ya's looking for potential dates.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

i have no idea! that is bugging me cuz it looks like its the placment of the teaser but there is no way to tell :(

I know - it's a teaser alright. LOL. It could be either but so hope they had a redo and a bit smaller frame would be ideal to me - even if it was just a bit.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    These teasers don't really show much, but I'm very excited about the Game pack. I really hope it's somewhat similar to Generations!
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I never would have thought that we get a gamepack so soon.

I was expecting maybe summer (July or August), but if they had pulled devs from the GP team to work on toddlers, maybe this means we'll get GPs a little more frequently now that toddlers have been released. The family pack may have also been on the drawing board for a while but needed to wait for the toddler release to finish up the last touches.

The fitness pack looks awesome as well -- my gyms will probably get a bit of a makeover.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

The teen to me looks different than how they usually look. That could mean they got a total make over. Yes I am excited. So far the game packs for this game has been amazing and if it is about family play then I am sure it will make a lot of people happy. I am also excited for the SP it looks like we are getting some new workout outfits. Which i really need in my game. Sorry you're disappointed they arent sharing every single thing in 30 seconds but we will know more about them when time comes.

well i thought the tolder intreaction with the ad was different so yeah and i cant say i notice the difference in what the teen looks like so please explain to me what you see with the teen i would really like to see. for me game packs have ranged from okay to meh. to even slightly overrated. some of them even feel a bit like a slight waste so yeah to me game packs have never been the most ideal thing. i think its awesome how its about family play i just wish they showed us something other then a teen in the background sitting at a desk who looks different in someway(like i said i cant see it but if you explain it to me maybe that may change things) and i am not sure how to be excited if they are not showing off anything other then showing the familes interacting in ways they already could before. at least every other game pack trailer showed us something different this one they may as well have had the icon flash on the screen as it would have been just as effective if not even more.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    2017 is going to be an awesome year for TS4. The hype train is back and my excitement for new content has rebirthed. I also love the fact that we're getting game pack #5 so close to when Vampires released in January. The last time we had a game pack released close to another was Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day being 5 months between one another. This go around, if it's released this month or beginning of next month... it would be 3 to 4 months between the releases. And we've been asking for more family game play for the past 2 years. Finally we're getting more family play. Maybe even pre-teens? Won't jump the gun just yet. But pre-teens would be another highlight for this pack.

Fitness also looks promising... new ways to get fit. Wouldn't it be awesome if they added the Body Sculptor as a premium game play object? I also hope for new reward traits like Fast Metabolism and Bottomless Stomach. And maybe even new fitness activities like Spin Class, Tai Chi and Aerobics Class. So many things they could do with Fitness in a stuff pack... and it could easily be done. Look at all the things they added with Kids Room that made the stuff pack worth the $10 USD.