Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Trailer is OUT &Blog Post

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Looks lame to me. Both new gameplay objects would be perfect for seasons and pets. The bird feeder is not even that cool if the birds are going to look like the ducks and squirrels we already have.

I'll buy it cause its cheap, and I love new CAS items in general. However, I'm waiting for something bigger.

I hope nobodys expecting too fancy birds. I feel like people will get upset they're not hyper realistic and forget it's a stuff pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Maybe pets and seasons will be added in increments. A little rain storm then butterflies and birds, a little snow later on and a mountain retreat, a beach and beach balls along with typhoons.
    I'd rather just pay the $40 for a seasons EP lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    i will buy it for sure me went it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LukeThePlumbobLukeThePlumbob Posts: 203 Member
    Looking forward to it but I'm worried it might be too similar to perfect patio...

https://youtu.be/cXjHCAP3dEY
    website-banner-april-2015.jpg

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I do hope an EP comes out this fall maybe something like generations with another new world. It would be nice if they did generations to add more education and job opportunities.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    They even put animation to the jug when sims are sipping from it. I don't think there is one with the ice cream and the popcorn maker..

You can see the popcorn maker fill up as the corn pops, if that's what you're talking about.

I mean when they put the corn in the popcorn maker.

There's an animation of kernels falling into the popcorn the maker and dairy and stuff in the icecream machine.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I honestly didn't see this coming! lol This explains a lot more than that "GIF" did! :smile: I'm actually pretty excited for this stuff pack! It's actually worth spending my money on! I really didn't expect this! xD
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Oh joy! Another huge object that doesn't fit on my sims' tiny houses. Lol Would prefer a sprinkler or something BUT I actually quite like the slide. The animations seem great and it looked like fun. I'm not sure how often I will use it on my sims' houses (if/when I get the pack), but I can definitely see it being useful on a water park type of venue.

Still. I feel like this should be on a seasons EP but well...

Maybe giving us some summer stuff now, when it fits with the always-sunny, never-cold base game, will mean we get more winter activity in a Seasons EP :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    giphy.gif
    Another pack I'm not buying so means nothing
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I looks kinda fun, but Oh My God the bird feeder is horrible looking. I'm not sure I'd want to put that in my sims garden tbh. Like, what the heck maxis.

I thought I was the only one. Lol
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Looks lame to me. Both new gameplay objects would be perfect for seasons and pets. The bird feeder is not even that cool if the birds are going to look like the ducks and squirrels we already have.

I'll buy it cause its cheap, and I love new CAS items in general. However, I'm waiting for something bigger.

I hope nobodys expecting too fancy birds. I feel like people will get upset they're not hyper realistic and forget it's a stuff pack.

It's not about being realistic, it's about not looking like they have 2D Pikatchu tails and square faces, literally.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,542 Member
    Not getting it for quite awhile but...
    Like.gif
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,015 Member
    I've been wanting a round table that seats 6 forever. <3 For me that is definitely worth the cost of admission! The rest is all a bonus.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sims in Sims 3 use their slip and slide all the time. In fact it gets way more use than their pool if they have both. LOL. So they are very popular with the Simmies.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    If this is the big excitement we are supposed to be excited about. No thanks I pass. I'll save my money and maybe get my sims 2 apartment life replaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Those who are excited enjoy!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I have to admit, I'm really impressed. From the teaser I did not expect anything even close to this.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2016
    I Was hoping for pool objects tho... I highly doubt sims will be able to slip and slide into the pool...

but the birds at the bird feeder look better than the sprite birds that appear to fly around the neighborhood.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I looks kinda fun, but Oh My God the bird feeder is horrible looking. I'm not sure I'd want to put that in my sims garden tbh. Like, what the heck maxis.

Nope - I'd love if you could put the actual feeder on a wall or something, but the thing it hangs on is seriously ugly.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I can't wait to find out more about this:
    Mix up refreshing recipes like lemonade, iced tea, and more, then pour over ice and enjoy.

Recipes = we'll get to use our real produce!?! I hope!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Can you imagine when sims come to visit? - Invite In, guest sims walk straight through the house into the backyard, spends next 24 hours on the water slide until they pee themselves and then go home embarrassed.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I'm willing to bet that after this SP comes out they'll be a whole bunch more water parks that show up in the gallery.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Also, I'm really surprised about the date of the pack! I was expecting it to come in August, not so soon after the Kids pack. Hopefully this mean we won't be getting more stuff packs in the months to come because it's getting a bit ridiculous now...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Nope - I'd love if you could put the actual feeder on a wall or something, but the thing it hangs on is seriously ugly.

I actually don't think the object design is ugly, I only find it to look a tad huge.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Not too shabby for a stuff pack. One of the better ones by the looks of it.

I agree. I wonder if someone put that in a park and hid the other stuff underground if Sims will autonomously use it. Or if it's not coded to attract them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's not about being realistic, it's about not looking like they have 2D Pikatchu tails and square faces, literally.

Again though, it's a stuff pack so that's what we're probably gonna get. Not saying I like it but you can't expect too much detail for a stuff pack. Outdoor retreat could've done better but I forgive it as most of the time the animals aren't zoomed or up close.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png