The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Trailer is OUT &Blog Post

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    $9.99 for a slip and slide, a bird feeder and mooooore tables and chairs, like we didn't have enough. Oh my, the excitement

You just can't please some people.

AmyDames wrote: »
    The CAS looks good but it is definitely an add on to perfect patio, the water slide looks good and the other things that actually use new meshes. I'll keep my mouth shut on my overall impression though as not to dampen anyone's excitement

It's got nothing to do with perfect patio, they don't even look alike. Patios and Backyards are not the same thing either. Perfect Patio is my least favorite stuff pack, i rarely use it but I'm excited for this one.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Thank goodness I've sworn not to buy else anything until we see a hint of another EP. I was hoping for some backyard playground stuff. Oh well, it will appeal to some and not to others. For those who like it, enjoy and please respect those whose opinions differ from yours, we have a right to like or not like whatever we want.

I don't know what playground stuff you were expecting but most people don't have playgrounds in their backyardsm if you were expecting things like swings Grahams stated multiple times not to expect them in a stuff pack.

Sorry that you expected Playground stuff, but it's Backyard stuff
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I'm curious how the slides will work - I'm liking the variety of animations we saw for sims using it, but I'm curious how it'll come together - is it all one giant mesh, or is it a slip-n-slide mesh with some attachments to form the superstructure we see in the various slides?

Also briefly saw the kid with highlights in his hair - which is a CAS thing I've wanted for a while. Not yet sold on the bird feeder - I'll wait and see on it. I do like the larger round table with more spots for chairs - it's not a huge thing but seating options for groups larger than 4 are pretty limited and this one is different than other solutions - it's a less formal arrangement (note you could use fires from OR to set up circular informal arrangements of more sims, but that's rather different and doesn't have a table at all).

Overall most of my families have large yards as I detest big houses - everything compact and in its place for me! So I can use more outdoor stuff, so hopefully I'll like the decorations too, but I haven't had time to look at them too carefully over lunch.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yay, glad I'm not the only one!

I love the new furniture, and while I can see how it would work well with the stuff from Movie stuff, I think it looks more versatile because I'm not really a fan of Bohemian stuff so everyone's a winner! I love the hair and clothes, that girl with the shoulder length hair is awesome! She looks like a real teen. And the gameplay objects look so awesome and detailed, and I love how we're getting extra stuff like the pitcher, windchime and windmill. They really included stuff for all of the lifestages we have in this pack.

I can't wait until next Tuesday!! It's my Birthday on Monday so this is an awesome late B.day present. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    From the blog post: "...relaxed hairstyles are available in natural and ombre colours."

OMG! New ombré hair colour palette!!!

• Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I think it looks fantastic, it totally fits my playstyle.
    When I first heard about Backyard Stuff, I was hoping it would be something like this... I'm lucky. :smiley:
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The blog post:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/backyard-stuff-news

Updating the thread as well.

That is so cool! You can select the sound you want your wind chimes to make! I love the sound of wooden bamboo ones. ( I have them irl)
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I am personally torn, I don't know if I like it or not.... I mean it looks great, but it's only one more activity I guess and the bird gameplay looks fine but it's not like we are going to be able to have birds like in TS2/TS3 or anything. I love some of the hairs on the trailer especially the one on the video's image thingy (I forgot the actual name) but...it just doesn't look like much. Again I don't know how I feel about it.

Agreed, I like the slide and bird feeder but to be honest I probably wouldn't use most of the build mode stuff. Not sure I'd spend 10 bucks on it. I skipped romantic garden for the same reason, all i was interested in was the wishing well.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Okay, I've seen the trailer. They have failed to impress me, and now its new nickname is Perfect Patio 2.0, because that's really what it is. Just replace hot tubs with slip and slide and bird feeder, and there you go! Same thing!
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow, this looks so good! The stuff pack "seasons" have been getting better and better! Movie Hangout and Romantic Garden were noticeably better than the previous ones, and now Kids Room and this are even better. I hope every stuff pack now is like this or better, It's real quality stuff and for only $10. I'm really impressed. I wonder what will be the free stuff coming in the patch...
  • Options
    MissusGerbitMissusGerbit Posts: 124 Member
    I saw split level foundation where the pool was. Do you think split level foundation will finally be patched in?

@PrincessVee I think I understand what you mean. It's the part around 0:40 right? The way I see it it's a regular pool and a house on a slightly higher foundation. What causes it to look like a split level foundation is the fact they also surounded the pool with tiles directly onto the lot (so not on the house foundation, thus being lower and causing a split level look).
    signature.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »
    For everyone who hates on this pack. I want to remind you that his is the first stuff pack with three!! gameplay objects. The water slides, the bird feeder and the drink pitcher. 4 if you count the wind chime which has also new animations.

Yeah...I guess it does have all that gameplay. I'm still not sure I'll get this one though...I don't even play TS4 anymore but it does look somewhat ok.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I love the CAS and Buy items. :love:
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Let this be a lesson to not judge a pack before it's release like so many summers here have. Referring to the people who stated as fact this was perfect patio 2.0 from just knowing the title.

It is Perfect Patio 2.0.

But honestly the last thing I was expecting was the bird feeder.

I guess Pool Party Stuff is still ought to happen lol

I agree it is. The three of them should have been one garden fun pack for patio yard and pool. Now we simmers who don't really have interest in them have to wait even longer for things we want.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Lots of fun in that trailer! I was "meh" when I read it was a water slide -- mainly maybe because I don't enjoy them IRL? -- and it does look big for a lot of backyards, but on the other hand, they do seem to use the whole length for the animation, and I liked the animation (and the whomph sound!!), and it would fit well with what I've done with the Oasis Springs park (love all the ones side by side in the trailer!), and the bird feeder is so cute, so I guess that's another $10 from me!

Oh, and also lemonade!

*heads to the fridge for a cold drink*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    They even put animation to the jug when sims are sipping from it. I don't think there is one with the ice cream and the popcorn maker..

You can see the popcorn maker fill up as the corn pops, if that's what you're talking about.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    The more I'm looking at it the more excited I'm getting. While the waterslide and bird feeder are cute I noticed the little candle on the coffee table, the pretty potted plants and I want that table! I really want that table haha.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    It does look really good. Definitely adding this SP to the packs I'll eventually buy for TS4.
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Backyard stuff without a sandbox, tic-tac-toe board, tree house or swings.
    So glad I stopped spending money on this game.

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! It really looks good! Was not expecting the slip and slide and it looks great. Perfect for summer. Really looking forward to the bird feeder as well. Okay, counting the days!
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Stuff packs REALLY improved in 2016 :o . Till now no stuff pack from 2016 I dislike....I am looking at you Cool Kitchen
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I love this I am so excited
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    $9.99 for a slip and slide, a bird feeder and mooooore tables and chairs, like we didn't have enough. Oh my, the excitement

The CAS looks good but it is definitely an add on to perfect patio, the water slide looks good and the other things that actually use new meshes. I'll keep my mouth shut on my overall impression though as not to dampen anyone's excitement

It's got nothing to do with perfect patio, they don't even look alike. Patios and Backyards are not the same thing either. Perfect Patio is my least favorite stuff pack, i rarely use it but I'm excited for this one.
    Are you serious? Thank goodness I've sworn not to buy else anything until we see a hint of another EP. I was hoping for some backyard playground stuff. Oh well, it will appeal to some and not to others. For those who like it, enjoy and please respect those whose opinions differ from yours, we have a right to like or not like whatever we want.

I don't know what playground stuff you were expecting but most people don't have playgrounds in their backyardsm if you were expecting things like swings Grahams stated multiple times not to expect them in a stuff pack.

Do you work for EA or something Jeez we are aloud our opinions without being told we are unpleasant or wrong!!!

Lol yup.

Yes they do, wth. And when did Graham ever said that? Lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Backyard stuff without a sandbox, tic-tac-toe board, tree house or swings.
    So glad I stopped spending money on this game.

This stuff would have some replayability. Whereas with the water slide you are either going to have a massive backyard or it will get used a couple of times and then likely not used again.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison