The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Trailer is OUT &Blog Post

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I saw split level foundation where the pool was. Do you think split level foundation will finally be patched in?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    That is a cute SP. I am glad the birds are finially showing up. I have always wanted a small set of them, even as a object, to set in front of the bird baths and bird houses.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I really like the way a lot of the furniture matches the Movie SP really well! Plus, having a slip-and-slide is going to be great for my poorer sims who don't have pools. :D But still super hyped for all that CAS content, mostly.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Lots of new plants, yay! I like the bird feeder, house, all of it, really. And the slide is cool, if there is room on my lot for it.... I especially like everyone can do it and not just kids.
  • Options
    lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    This looks awesome
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Now this is what stuff packs should be. I own every single pack TS4 has released, but Kids Room is by far my favorite stuff pack and now this... I have a feeling Backyard will become my second favorite of the packs. Hey, I'd be perfectly fine and 100% in support for as many stuff packs they want to release if stuff packs began to actually have a lot of use. And we know their working on animal animations... At least we're going to have other life in the game, even if we can't own birds at the moment. Oh, and I absolutely adore the lawn ornaments. Thank goodness that these stuff packs are falling on paydays.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I was also disappointed about the initial release, but seeing the trailer, it looks a lot of fun! I love the waterslide!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2016
    I was way more excited by it then I was expecting to be! I honestly think this is the most excited I've been for an SP!

I really hope that Sim's will use the slide autonomously because I really want to set up a few on a public pool/park lot to be able to watch random townies attempt to use it <3
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    They even put animation to the jug when sims are sipping from it. I don't think there is one with the ice cream and the popcorn maker..
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I saw split level foundation where the pool was. Do you think split level foundation will finally be patched in?

There was no split level foundation/platform in the trailer.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Lots of new plants, yay! I like the bird feeder, house, all of it, really. And the slide is cool, if there is room on my lot for it.... I especially like everyone can do it and not just kids.

Actually, I was relieved that the children could use it. I like the touch with the soap bubbles. I thought I might take a pass on this, but now I want that bird feeder.

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    It'd be pretty cool if we can 'collect' birds. Each bird we discover goes into the collection screen. If not, it still looks cool either way.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    They even put animation to the jug when sims are sipping from it. I don't think there is one with the ice cream and the popcorn maker..

The food/drink fountain has something similar when you fill it in.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Thank goodness I've sworn not to buy else anything until we see a hint of another EP. I was hoping for some backyard playground stuff. Oh well, it will appeal to some and not to others. For those who like it, enjoy and please respect those whose opinions differ from yours, we have a right to like or not like whatever we want.

Aye, the water slide looks cool and all, but I'd rather have seen a standard swing and/or slide - something that my sim kids would use a lot. A swing would also have longevity if sims could sit and talk on it or kids could hang out on it.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    I like the idea of wind chime and bird house. The rest just feels like more party stuff to me, lol.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh heck just empty my wallet now. I got the biggest grin watching this trailer.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There was no split level foundation/platform in the trailer.

I think she was talking about the extension of the patio/foundation. I could totally see where the misconception came from though.
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    Totally agree, I think it looks awesome and I'll be getting this one for sure!
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Well I guess Sims 4 does have some hope to it.
  • Options
    Let this be a lesson to not judge a pack before it's release like so many summers here have. Referring to the people who stated as fact this was perfect patio 2.0 from just knowing the title.

It is Perfect Patio 2.0.

But honestly the last thing I was expecting was the bird feeder.

I guess Pool Party Stuff is still ought to happen lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    For everyone who hates on this pack. I want to remind you that his is the first stuff pack with three!! gameplay objects. The water slides, the bird feeder and the drink pitcher. 4 if you count the wind chime which has also new animations.
  • Options
    The blog post:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/backyard-stuff-news

Updating the thread as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    OMG! Slip and slides, wind chimes, and bird feeders oh my! :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png