The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Trailer is OUT &Blog Post

Comments

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I really like that we have actual yard stuff to do. I was expecting something like Patio pack and I didn't want another one. I mean, the tables/chairs don't really do it for me, I got so many of them x;x but the slip & slide itself is so fun, the entire family can play and have a fun evening bbq and the kids can play. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    It's Perfect Patio 2. 'Nuff said.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I think that looks incredible! Great content for just a stuff pack! They can have my money! :)

I still hope we get a juicy patch first, though. I need bug fixes!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    I looks kinda fun, but Oh My God the bird feeder is horrible looking. I'm not sure I'd want to put that in my sims garden tbh. Like, what the heck maxis.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,054 Member
    @Dannydanbo We CAN hear them.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Also something cool from the blog post - you can adjust the length of the wind chimes and it'll affect the pitch the chime makes, and there's apparently three materials that make different sounds. It's not an intractable item, but it's a very nice attention to detail that I'm much looking forward to playing around with.

I'm liking the sound of that :grin:

Stuff like this, I like. Things that I can play around with rather than *click* - yup, ok
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    His explanation of why swings don't fit into a Stuff Pack is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14988679#Comment_14988679

Thanks, but I'm not 100% sure I understood what he said about swings. Why do swings have to include multitasking? o.O But anyways...
    Yeah...talking and swinging generally doesn't work well lol
    They could add something instead like TS3 had. Haven't played with swings in a while but I think there was an interaction to just hang out on them and talk.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    YungGigi wrote: »
    $9.99 for a slip and slide, a bird feeder and mooooore tables and chairs, like we didn't have enough. Oh my, the excitement

You just can't please some people.

The CAS looks good but it is definitely an add on to perfect patio, the water slide looks good and the other things that actually use new meshes. I'll keep my mouth shut on my overall impression though as not to dampen anyone's excitement

It's got nothing to do with perfect patio, they don't even look alike. Patios and Backyards are not the same thing either. Perfect Patio is my least favorite stuff pack, i rarely use it but I'm excited for this one.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Thank goodness I've sworn not to buy else anything until we see a hint of another EP. I was hoping for some backyard playground stuff. Oh well, it will appeal to some and not to others. For those who like it, enjoy and please respect those whose opinions differ from yours, we have a right to like or not like whatever we want.

I don't know what playground stuff you were expecting but most people don't have playgrounds in their backyardsm if you were expecting things like swings Grahams stated multiple times not to expect them in a stuff pack.

Sorry that you expected Playground stuff, but it's Backyard stuff

Do you work for EA or something Jeez we are aloud our opinions without being told we are unpleasant or wrong!!!

This is a public forum. And no I don't work for EA, I'm just someone who understands that Patios and Backyards are two different things.

I wasn't rude to you in anyway way, but you decided to be rude back. Apparently if someone has an opinion nobodys allowed to reply to it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    $9.99 for a slip and slide, a bird feeder and mooooore tables and chairs, like we didn't have enough. Oh my, the excitement

The CAS looks good but it is definitely an add on to perfect patio, the water slide looks good and the other things that actually use new meshes. I'll keep my mouth shut on my overall impression though as not to dampen anyone's excitement

It's got nothing to do with perfect patio, they don't even look alike. Patios and Backyards are not the same thing either. Perfect Patio is my least favorite stuff pack, i rarely use it but I'm excited for this one.
    Are you serious? Thank goodness I've sworn not to buy else anything until we see a hint of another EP. I was hoping for some backyard playground stuff. Oh well, it will appeal to some and not to others. For those who like it, enjoy and please respect those whose opinions differ from yours, we have a right to like or not like whatever we want.

I don't know what playground stuff you were expecting but most people don't have playgrounds in their backyardsm if you were expecting things like swings Grahams stated multiple times not to expect them in a stuff pack.

Do you work for EA or something Jeez we are aloud our opinions without being told we are unpleasant or wrong!!!

Lol yup.

Yes they do, wth. And when did Graham ever said that? Lol

His explanation of why swings don't fit into a Stuff Pack is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14988679#Comment_14988679

Thanks, but I'm not 100% sure I understood what he said about swings. Why do swings have to include multitasking? o.O But anyways...

Because it would be really cool if Sims could talk while on a swing !
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sims are going to be so bruised after running through the slip&slide... I can't wait.

I'll die if i see sims aching uncomfortable after withe a moodlet "who put that rock there."

I like the wind chimes. but why does every thing look 70s retro? Movie stuff, Dine out, Backyard I'm starting to see a trend, and I'm not sure I like it.

and why the musical note when the wind chimes chime... I say leave the musical notes out.

But Omg Death by Bird attack!!! do it!!! >:)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Backyard stuff without a sandbox, tic-tac-toe board, tree house or swings.
    So glad I stopped spending money on this game.

It's a stuff pack..
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Looks lame to me. Both new gameplay objects would be perfect for seasons and pets. The bird feeder is not even that cool if the birds are going to look like the ducks and squirrels we already have.

I'll buy it cause its cheap, and I love new CAS items in general. However, I'm waiting for something bigger.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I saw split level foundation where the pool was. Do you think split level foundation will finally be patched in?

It looks like the house and patio are on a foundation, and the pool is at ground level. I so wish we could do more with split levels though! Doesn't look like it's coming here though.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    That's a cute lil trailer and I like some of the items, the wind chimes are really lovely.
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    OMG!!! That water slide .... birdfeeder! ....wind chimes! ...omgomgomg. I can't waitttt :dizzy:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Looks lame to me. Both new gameplay objects would be perfect for seasons and pets. The bird feeder is not even that cool if the birds are going to look like the ducks and squirrels we already have.

I'll buy it cause its cheap, and I love new CAS items in general. However, I'm waiting for something bigger.

Maybe both of those EP will never happen and we'll get the objects that were generally for those EP's in GP's and SP's. :\

Tanning booths in the next SP with pool gameplay perhaps.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I saw split level foundation where the pool was. Do you think split level foundation will finally be patched in?

It looks like the house and patio are on a foundation, and the pool is at ground level. I so wish we could do more with split levels though! Doesn't look like it's coming here though.
    I wish we could do split levels and different wall heights. Build mode really needs some sort of update or new feature, it's been forever :c
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    This pack looks amazing! Finally, backyard stuff that isn't super glam like Perfect Patio or super floral like Romantic Garden. This feels like something I can use in my middle class sims' yards. I wish I still had a slip & slide IRL!

My one and only complaint is that it's coming out too soon! I was sort of hoping this pack wouldn't come out until August. After this, we won't get any more packs until at least October. Boooo.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Maybe both of those EP will never happen and we'll get the objects that were generally for those EP's in GP's and SP's. :\

Tanning booths next with pool gameplay perhaps.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm waiting until the end of the year to see how it pans out..

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Maybe pets and seasons will be added in increments. A little rain storm then butterflies and birds, a little snow later on and a mountain retreat, a beach and beach balls along with typhoons.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2016

This is a public forum. And no I don't work for EA, I'm just someone who understands that Patios and Backyards are two different things.

I wasn't rude to you in anyway way, but you decided to be rude back. Apparently if someone has an opinion nobodys allowed to reply to it.

Lol I was not rude to you. You were the one who targeted three opinions on the same post to argue them. Isn't it lovely when people assume you have below average intelligence and don't know the difference between a patio and backyard, my favie
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Boom! Lovin' it! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Sims are going to be so bruised after running through the slip&slide... I can't wait.

I'll die if i see sims aching uncomfortable after withe a moodlet "who put that rock there."

I like the wind chimes. but why does every thing look 70s retro? Movie stuff, Dine out, Backyard I'm starting to see a trend, and I'm not sure I like it.

and why the musical note when the wind chimes chime... I say leave the musical notes out.

But Omg Death by Bird attack!!! do it!!! >:)

Aye missed opportunity to darken the game a bit

6a00d8341e223753ef0192abfb10e2970d-pi

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Oh joy! Another huge object that doesn't fit on my sims' tiny houses. Lol Would prefer a sprinkler or something BUT I actually quite like the slide. The animations seem great and it looked like fun. I'm not sure how often I will use it on my sims' houses (if/when I get the pack), but I can definitely see it being useful on a water park type of venue.

Still. I feel like this should be on a seasons EP but well...
  • Options
    lxsrenicklxsrenick Posts: 83 Member
    I like the bird feeder and wind chimes but thats about it. I dont see my sims using a slip and slide all the time. But thats just me. Would've like a sandbox, swings, or tree house.