May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EASING INTO SPRING EXCHANGE ~~~~ GIFTING NOW OPEN!!!! :) ~

Comments

• Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    tanubanue wrote: »
    @Tanu - Yes. Since Friday. That's **all** I've been doing. Rip it out, try again. Rip it out.... get 🐸🐸🐸🐸.sed off!

I'm going to try something my techy friend suggested this morning. If *that* don't work, I will then have the ever "fun task" of putting my stuuuupid computer *BACK* to factory. And we **all** know how long *that* can take.

Why is it *every time* I want to join something like this, something ALWAYS goes wrong?!

I know it's frustrating I just went through a very similar thing and had to end up spending money I don't have for a new computer. Hopefully you will be able to get it sorted even if it means factory settings.

As far as the exchange relax I got you B)

Everything about my computer is practically new!! *pulls hair* That's what I don't get! I just ended up buying a malware program that's "supposed to" scan for malware and cra.ap like that. I even downloaded *another* program that was "supposed to" FIX all the crud that was broken! I don't think it did that.

Any way...... I have no choice, *but* to withdraw. Can you please ask whoever had me, if they would like to do something for *my* buddy?? Thanks

I'm so sorry that you have to withdraw :( and I sincerely hope that you get the issue fixed soon. Hugs!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Tanu - Yes. Since Friday. That's **all** I've been doing. Rip it out, try again. Rip it out.... get 🐸🐸🐸🐸.sed off!

I'm going to try something my techy friend suggested this morning. If *that* don't work, I will then have the ever "fun task" of putting my stuuuupid computer *BACK* to factory. And we **all** know how long *that* can take.

Why is it *every time* I want to join something like this, something ALWAYS goes wrong?!

I know it's frustrating I just went through a very similar thing and had to end up spending money I don't have for a new computer. Hopefully you will be able to get it sorted even if it means factory settings.

Everything about my computer is practically new!! *pulls hair* That's what I don't get! I just ended up buying a malware program that's "supposed to" scan for malware and cra.ap like that. I even downloaded *another* program that was "supposed to" FIX all the crud that was broken! I don't think it did that.

Any way...... I have no choice, *but* to withdraw. Can you please ask whoever had me, if they would like to do something for *my* buddy?? Thanks

I'm so sorry that you have to withdraw :( and I sincerely hope that you get the issue fixed soon. Hugs!

Wait - BEFORE you do anything..... let me *try* something. Right now, because I don't have origin installed - let alone get it to update - I want to see if I were to totally "unplug" my internet, would I be able to get my sims 3 disk to work. IF that does, then I'll still create something for my buddy, I just wouldn't be able to upload it to the exchange. (understand?)

I'll be back in a few hours to let you know either way.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i feel bad for prissy. i still rember having to send you a frantic email because i once had issues. hopefully she gets them fixed soon.

ive been lurking for a few days because even though i get post notices somehow i didn't know about this in time.
  • Options
    @Tanu -
    Wait - BEFORE you do anything..... let me *try* something. Right now, because I don't have origin installed - let alone get it to update - I want to see if I were to totally "unplug" my internet, would I be able to get my sims 3 disk to work. IF that does, then I'll still create something for my buddy, I just wouldn't be able to upload it to the exchange. (understand?)

I'll be back in a few hours to let you know either way.

I'm not sure if that will work or not. I installed my discs and still use Origin but there may be a way around it. Let me know by this time tomorrow in case I need to change things around. I hope it works. We can figure out a way around the uploading part.
  • Options

i feel bad for prissy. i still rember having to send you a frantic email because i once had issues. hopefully she gets them fixed soon.

ive been lurking for a few days because even though i get post notices somehow i didn't know about this in time.

I do too. I hope it works out for her and I know it can be really frustrating. I don't know how you missed them this time either :( But I'm happy you're lurking.
  • Options

I do too. I hope it works out for her and I know it can be really frustrating. I don't know how you missed them this time either :( But I'm happy you're lurking.

i don't always get notfied of posts. espcially if its alot. sometimes theres up to 60.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Thanks for sharing all these interesting geographical facts :) I find it really interesting!

I must admit, whenever I think of New York I do tend to only think of the city because I don't know much about it at all; I sort of have pictures like Seinfeld in my head :)

Also, loved the animal pics <3

Interesting to hear different people's opinions on snow; I'd love to visit a snowy place because I've never experienced snow before. We don't tend to get much of it in Australia :wink:
  • Options
    @Tanu - Looks like you're gonna have to take me out. Can you please do what I asked in the beginning??
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @Tanu - Looks like you're gonna have to take me out. Can you please do what I asked in the beginning??

Ok :( I'm so sorry.
  • Options

sorry prissy.ive been there myself.
  • Options
    And now @Tanu, you're just really gonna hate me! I am online with my techy friend -- who is (virtually) inside my computer -- and HE managed to *fix* my origin!! It's going to take me a few days to get everything reinstalled.... yeah, I had spent the last few hours UN-installing ts3 cos I didn't think I would ever be able to play again. *face palms* So how 'bout we -- you and I -- just go *back* to the way it was?? But, I will **still** keep you updated, just in case.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    And now @Tanu, you're just really gonna hate me! I am online with my techy friend -- who is (virtually) inside my computer -- and HE managed to *fix* my origin!! It's going to take me a few days to get everything reinstalled.... yeah, I had spent the last few hours UN-installing ts3 cos I didn't think I would ever be able to play again. *face palms* So how 'bout we -- you and I -- just go *back* to the way it was?? But, I will **still** keep you updated, just in case.

glad you might have fixed it.
  • Options
    Thanks Ali. This has been very trying for me. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have my friend to lean on - constantly. Oh sure, I've learned a *few* things from him, but.... It is nice when I can "call on him" to drop whatever he's doing to help me.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I do hope you get everything to work for you @MsPrissy88. I think that you should be able to install from your disc without Origin if your game is pre-2012. Then, you'd patch up using the super patch that was prior to the latest patch that tied everything to Origin. If, however, your disc is 2012 or later, I am pretty sure you need Origin and its updates.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I'm just soo glad I don't need Origin to start up my Sims game! I really hope it all works out now for you @MsPrissy88. If you need help you can always ask me though, I've finished three gifts already, so I guess I'm up for a challenge lol!

@XxHannelorexX well let that be a place I would love to visit! I know it's a common saying that everything around you tries to kill you when you're in Australia, but I would go for it anyway lol! It must be such a gorgeous country! I would love to learn more about it. All I know is barbeque, awesome accent, winter when it's supposed to be summer o:), crocodiles, scary spiders, kangaroos and surfing, lol. Also Simon Baker is from Australia, and I love his acting. Other than that, I don't know much about it. We didn't get much Australia in geography or history, sadly.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I do hope you get everything to work for you @MsPrissy88. I think that you should be able to install from your disc without Origin if your game is pre-2012. Then, you'd patch up using the super patch that was prior to the latest patch that tied everything to Origin. If, however, your disc is 2012 or later, I am pretty sure you need Origin and its updates.

MOST of my TS3 games were pre-2012. I *think* - but, don't quote me - that Showtime came out in 2012. So, all the EPs/SPs that came out after Showtime would obviously be the "after 2012" discs. The only problem with having to use origin now to log in -- regardless oh how long we've all owned our discs - is the way **they** (e a) "upgraded" the launcher. Because people were complaining that their launcher wasn't working (I believe) was the reason why EA made that patch to "force" us to choose what we wanted to play with in our games.

If you remember, lonnnnnnng before the ridiculous patch was ever though of, we could install and uninstall our games without having to be online! 'Course, if you wanted to be patched up to the current patch -- which, back then was the 1.67 patch -- you would have had to be online to *get* that patch. Otherwise, we were able to play game either off or online. With just our discs!

And before my techy friend was able to get my origin fixed -- if you saw my post above -- I had tried to see if I could play my game without being hooked up to the internet, or having origin installed. It didn't work. The way that EA "patched" the launcher to origin is now something we ALL have to live with. Unless you (generally speaking) never did that final patch.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    I'm just soo glad I don't need Origin to start up my Sims game! I really hope it all works out now for you @MsPrissy88. If you need help you can always ask me though, I've finished three gifts already, so I guess I'm up for a challenge lol!

Like I was just saying to @Ciane above ^^ .... the only way you wouldn't need origin to play your sims 3 game, would be if you never patched up to that final patch. But that would have been rather difficult! Cos you see, when they *made* that final patch, if you had opened your origin client any time during that time, you would have patched to the way most of us have to play our sims 3 games. In other words, you **would have to** log in to origin and then select your sims 3 game to play. (does that make sense?)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited April 2016

So glad you were able to find someone to help you troubleshoot! There have been times I was ready to throw my computer out the window...but thank goodness I have the hubby, who is more technically inclined than I am. ;)

And you *can* technically play without being online or logged in, but I think there's a couple of ifs involved. Like, *if* you have digital copies, you have to be logged into origin. And *if* you have discs, you probably would have to update the game the first time you install, but after that should be able to play without internet. But either way, EA's stupid system is just horrible.
  • Options

So glad you were able to find someone to help you troubleshoot! There have been times I was ready to throw my computer out the window...but thank goodness I have the hubby, who is more technically inclined than I am. ;)

And you *can* technically play without being online or logged in, but I think there's a couple of ifs involved. Like, *if* you have digital copies, you have to be logged into origin. And *if* you have discs, you probably would have to update the game the first time you install, but after that should be able to play without internet. But either way, EA's stupid system is just horrible.

Well, the "technically" part is what I tried before I had gone and uninstalled everything. duhhh But, once I have everything installed again, I am going to try that again! Cos, the only reason why people play online is to share their in-game memories. Outside of *2* stuff packs - which were bought through origin - ALL of my sims 3 packs are on discs. Which is why I don't get it that we "have to" log in just to play our game. That to me is just plain stuuuupid. That's the reason why most of us had bought discs in the first place, right?

But yeah.... I told my friend - when he finished downloading and reinstalling origin back onto my system - that I was REALLY lucky to have him as my friend!! And that I loved him a whole lot. Trust me, I'm with ya on the "throwing my computer out the window" bit. I've wanted to do that sooooo many times!! lol I threatened to do that when I had my laptop, my first desktop, and now with this one (my brand new one).

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member

@XxHannelorexX well let that be a place I would love to visit! I know it's a common saying that everything around you tries to kill you when you're in Australia, but I would go for it anyway lol! It must be such a gorgeous country! I would love to learn more about it. All I know is barbeque, awesome accent, winter when it's supposed to be summer o:), crocodiles, scary spiders, kangaroos and surfing, lol. Also Simon Baker is from Australia, and I love his acting. Other than that, I don't know much about it. We didn't get much Australia in geography or history, sadly.

Hehe, I'm happy to say nothing here has tried to kill me in the 19 years I've lived here. A few of my family members have been bitten by spiders though.

Actually, speaking of spiders, because I grew up knowing that many of the ones around me were actually dangerous, I just assumed that all spiders in the world had poison/venom XD I remember reading a school story when I was younger, I think it was set in the UK, and everyone teased one character for being scared of spiders and the teacher scolded her for freaking out saying "don't be silly; a spider can't hurt you" and I was horrified LOL! Took me some time to realise not all spiders are dangerous like redbacks, whitetails and funnelwebs XD

I much prefer the kangaroos and koalas to the spiders :lol: My brother in law used to live in a place surrounded by lots of trees, and one time his family called us down to look at a koala that was sleeping in the tree. First time I've seen a koala outside of a zoo! :) Wish I'd taken a picture
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Well I have to use origin for some of my other games, in fact I've opened Sims 3 via origin before, I think it's fun to see how many hours I spent in game, lol. I just had to click 'play without installing latest patch.' I read what de update would be about and decided right away I didn't want it. I love using all my packs so I didn't need that feature. And now I can still get to my launcher without origin.

Is it impossible to go back to 1.67?
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Well I have to use origin for some of my other games, in fact I've opened Sims 3 via origin before, I think it's fun to see how many hours I spent in game, lol. I just had to click 'play without installing latest patch.' I read what de update would be about and decided right away I didn't want it. I love using all my packs so I didn't need that feature. And now I can still get to my launcher without origin.

Is it impossible to go back to 1.67?

Yeah. I think so anyway. But it would mean a lot of pain-staking uninstalling everything, and then reinstalling (without origin open, mind you) to get the individual patches. Which is what _I_ might have to do. See, my friends told me to install something once he got *my* origin working again. And since I also had to leave my computer on throughout the night (cos it was updating), I'm thinking that my base game was updating to that last patch (which made the launcher "work" for most people - mine was already working), And that was something _I_ never wanted. However..... **when** e a "gave us" that last patch, it was only activated -- say it with me -- when you opened your origin client. :s That was/is the frustrating part.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    edited April 2016
    On the Origin/patch level thing, I've been paying attention to what's possible and what's not, in the event I'm forced to reinstall or patch to 1.69. There is a 1.67 cumulative patch still available, so if anyone were to go the reinstall from disc route, there is no need to do individual patches. Also, it's only which version of the *base* game you own that determines whether you need to play it through Origin - the other discs don't matter as to when they were made (wondering if you have to reinstall anything more than the base game and repatch - something I need to find out). It *does* matter that everything is on disc, however. If any of your expansions or packs are download and you reinstall, you will be forced to 1.69 (which is what will happen to me if I don't rebuy some things on disc).

You can also set Origin *not* to automatically update the Sims 3. I think that's probably how I have mine set already; however, I'm afraid to turn it on to find out. :o I'm also concerned some Origin update somewhere along the line could stealthily reset that option. Since I'm not playing anything else through Origin, my solution for now has been to simply uninstall the other games I own that use Origin (just in case someone in my family or I would open one) and not go near it. We have good internet, and while I really do like digital downloads for other games, I'm wishing I had bought all of Sims 3 on disc to avoid Origin. So far so good, though, as I'm still on 1.67.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Suzses explained that really well. I did NOT update to that 1.69 patch, so I avoided all the problems. When others had problems and wanted to revert to the old system, they were able to ... as long as they had the pre-2012 base game and patched using the 1.67 super patch.

The problem, as Suzses stated, is with accessing your games through Origin. If you don't reinstall your digital downloads, you can play your Sims games (disc versions) without logging in to Origin.

I quit updating Origin a long time ago and I am still able to log in to the forums and my page.

Regarding my progress on my gifting plans... I am still in the thinking mode. (I'm trying hard to complete my Apoc challenge right now, but I had done some internet searching and saved a few ideas.)
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Hope everyone is having fun working on their gifts, I know I am. Already have lots of ideas written down and one of them started in game. :)

@tanubanue That bunny picture is very cute.
    Siggy_4.jpg