The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EASING INTO SPRING EXCHANGE ~~~~ GIFTING NOW OPEN!!!! :) ~

Comments

• Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    @Sjappie - I wish I could tell you that you could watch the races *through* Nascar's website. But sadly.... they took their Race Buddy thing down. There were races for some of last year that _I_ could watch; right on my computer! Didn't have to pay for anything. Just log in to my account, and watch the race. That's quite a shame that you don't get anything over there by you. Boooooooo

So, me being nosy.... you said that live in the Netherlands? Is that like ONE continent, or, is your area split up? Sorry.... I'm really terrible in geography. :p And what about time zone? How much "ahead" are you from, say, the east Coast of the United States? I'll give you a for instance:

Where _I_ live, the time (right now) is 1:52pm on Monday afternoon. Where some of my friends live (on the east coast), *their time* is 2:52pm.

Like I said..... I'm nosy. I like to know things about my friends.

:lol: Geography is actually one of the things I'm good at! Netherlands is a country in Europe. Where the windmills and tulips and wooden shoes are! (among other things :lol: ) North of Belgium, east of the UK, west of Germany. ;)

Why, THANK YOU, Bookie!! *slaps forehead* I should have guessed about the windmills, tulips and wooden shoes. lol :D Now I have a pretty good idea of WHERE she lives.

Glad to help! The cultural things do make it easier to remember where places are to an extent, I think. ;) Not to mention, they're just neat to learn about! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Sjappie - I wish I could tell you that you could watch the races *through* Nascar's website. But sadly.... they took their Race Buddy thing down. There were races for some of last year that _I_ could watch; right on my computer! Didn't have to pay for anything. Just log in to my account, and watch the race. That's quite a shame that you don't get anything over there by you. Boooooooo

So, me being nosy.... you said that live in the Netherlands? Is that like ONE continent, or, is your area split up? Sorry.... I'm really terrible in geography. :p And what about time zone? How much "ahead" are you from, say, the east Coast of the United States? I'll give you a for instance:

Where _I_ live, the time (right now) is 1:52pm on Monday afternoon. Where some of my friends live (on the east coast), *their time* is 2:52pm.

Like I said..... I'm nosy. I like to know things about my friends.

Well, I've been to NY and it was six hours back in time ;) a funny thing that is! We're well known for having a good-looking population. If you watch GoT there's two Dutch actors in it; Carice van Houten and Michiel Huisman. Also most of us are tall, but everything around us is small hah! When I visited NY I was taller than my peers, but I was impressed by everything being huge around me!

We don't have any mountains. From bottom to top of our country is 300 something kilometers. We have two big rivers who tend to overflow every once in a while so our country is actuaĺly the best in waterworks! Also some say that's why we're tall, to keep our head above water :)

We have a democratic monarchy. Our king doesn't have any actual powers, but he has to sign all laws the government comes up with and he's great for keeping friendships with foreign countries. Fun fact, tomorrow we celebrate kingsday. On national days the 'oranje legioen' comes to live. We act like big nationalistic party animals lol! We all dress in orange.

Other than that Heineken is from here and other than the slavetrade our history rocks! We once ruled over big parts of the world including NY state :)

Sooo that's a bit about us Dutchies ^^ and a lot of people confuse us with Germans, while there is a big difference! One more fun fact, our internet speed is in the top 10 of the earth. Wish that would be more obvious lol! Nah I have nothing to complain. Our country scores well on many factors, most Dutchies just like to whine about things anyway with a dark humour :')

Yep, the history aspects are pretty fascinating. Especially the parts about things like the Dutch East India Company and the connections to the British Empire and the House of Orange-Nassau, not to mention the nifty stuff with the colonies in the Caribbean, and New Amsterdam (which is currently known as New York City ;)) Or at least, that's the kind of stuff *I* find most fascinating! :lol:
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Sjappie - Can you say.... WOW!!! Thank you for the little history lesson there. And you *had to* mention beer. LMAO!!! Seriously, tho. I had no idea that Heineken was from there. So, you're about 6 hours ahead of me - time-wise. That's good to know! (winks at @tanu cos *she* knows why)

And @Bookie - you're right! Learning other people's cultural this and that IS fascinating!

So....... getting back to why we're REALLY here -- lol -- I have perused SEVERAL plans, and I think I found a few that I like for my buddy!! Plus, on my way to work every day (and on the way back home), I have spotted "some" that IF the bus would/could drive by kind of slow, I could snap pics. LOL (like *that* would ever happen!)

Any way, my muse has started to get her thinking cap on!! woo hooooooo B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yep, the history aspects are pretty fascinating. Especially the parts about things like the Dutch East India Company and the connections to the British Empire and the House of Orange-Nassau, not to mention the nifty stuff with the colonies in the Caribbean, and New Amsterdam (which is currently known as New York City ;)) Or at least, that's the kind of stuff *I* find most fascinating! :lol:

I find it fascinating that if people have never been to New York City they think our whole state is literally 'the city'. Lol I live about 4 hours North of the city in a small town that has one traffic light. We are in the mountains with only 6 houses on our entire street and more wild animals than people. The Hudson River does flow through town but it's wild and free up here. Addy has been here she can tell you that it is far from a city here. :)

It always makes me wonder how 'off' my perceptions of places is as well. I love learning about cultures and traditions and such.

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'll be working on gifts this weekend - I'm super excited to get started!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    tanubanue wrote: »

I find it fascinating that if people have never been to New York City they think our whole state is literally 'the city'. Lol I live about 4 hours North of the city in a small town that has one traffic light. We are in the mountains with only 6 houses on our entire street and more wild animals than people. The Hudson River does flow through town but it's wild and free up here. Addy has been here she can tell you that it is far from a city here. :)

It always makes me wonder how 'off' my perceptions of places is as well. I love learning about cultures and traditions and such.

Ohh! It must be so beautiful around there. I loved the surroundings when we sailed up the Hudson River, we were there in autumn and it took me in. Don't know how else to describe it ;) it was so much fun to be in Albany as well. Most people going to the US from here don't visit places like that and I was so honoured to have that experience! It even got me some great friends from Scenectady and Renselaer :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    I lived in Schenectady for about 18 years lol Autumn is gorgeous here for sure. I'm very lucky to live where I do :) I was in Albany yesterday too lol Small world huh? I now live an hour North of Albany up in the mountains.

Heres a bunny that lives with his mate across the road from us. He was so kind to pose last night lol

DSCF2276_zpsbrni0lw8.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I lived in Schenectady for about 18 years lol Autumn is gorgeous here for sure. I'm very lucky to live where I do :) I was in Albany yesterday too lol Small world huh? I now live an hour North of Albany up in the mountains.

Heres a bunny that lives with his mate across the road from us. He was so kind to pose last night lol

DSCF2276_zpsbrni0lw8.jpg

new york has moutains. tv and movies make it sound like its all city.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I have to update my letter for my buddy - as I got some more stuff earlier today. However, sleep is winning. So, I'll have to do the updating tomorrow when I get home from work.

p.s. That bunny is just TOO cute, @tanu. Last week, when I was walking down my driveway (on my way to work), we had three in our yard!! There's either a "nest" nearby, or they just love congregating by us. lol
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options

DSCF2276_zpsbrni0lw8.jpg

Awh that bunny is very cute! When I was over there we saw so many 'wild' squirrels, I loved that. So much cute wildlife once you leave the big Apple :)

Hah, sure is a small world! I have a shirt from I think it is middle school, from Schenectady :) I still wear it a lot. We only sailed up the Hudson river and once we got to Albany we took the train back to NYC. I wish there would've been an opportunity to experience schoollife as well! Schools must be very different from here! I would've loved to have seen so much more but we only had two and a half weeks. One day I will come back though ^^
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options

I've heard upstate New York is really pretty, but I've never gotten around to visiting it, I'm afraid. But yes, it's definitely hard to really judge the distances unless you've been to places! (though, it's probably a much shorter trip to the city for you northern types than for us southern types to travel the same distance...y'all have the trains! :lol: )
  • Options

I've heard upstate New York is really pretty, but I've never gotten around to visiting it, I'm afraid. But yes, it's definitely hard to really judge the distances unless you've been to places! (though, it's probably a much shorter trip to the city for you northern types than for us southern types to travel the same distance...y'all have the trains! :lol: )

I have to go about 45 minutes to be able to get a train lol Where I am there's no public transportation unless a friendly mouse walks by lol
  • Options
    Oh! cute bunny! We had a little baby bunny running around our backyard last year. Haven't seen any this year, but I haven't exactly been out hunting for them, either. And my backyard is a big flat expanse of the empty lot behind us and to the sides, lol. But the bluebirds seem to love it! Took this about 2 weeks ago. ;)

Bluebirds%202016_zps7ecehyow.jpg
  • Options
    my mom went to new york. a while back but didn't take me .thats whyi didn't think there were mountains. if i had the money i would live in new york but i would need enough to spend winter in california. i hate snow.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Question guys....

Is ANYONE having trouble getting their origin client to update? Cos there *is* one, but **my** client doesn't fully do it. It only goes "so far" and then closes. EVERY TIME. And when I double click on the origin icon, the log in part says that origin online is currently offline. Or something like that.

(I'm actually supposed to be in bed. lol but I wanted to get that updated.)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    I'm Jon Snow if it's about origin! I know nothing and I'm sure it'll be the dead of me one day @MsPrissy88

@friendsfan36 well I love snow but your plan does sound good! My man and I always talk about doing a road trip from NY to California one day. I'm afraid though that will be so expensive, it'll never happen
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm Jon Snow if it's about origin! I know nothing and I'm sure it'll be the dead of me one day @MsPrissy88

HUH?!?? I don't understand.

PEOPLE -- IF you are able to open your origin clients, get it to update -- ALL THE WAY (without it closing on you) -- AND get to your games, then you *wouldn't* understand. HOWEVER.... IF your origin client - when you double click on its desktop icon -- says that Origin login is currently unavailable -- you won't be able to not only get to your games, you won't be able to do pretty much anything else.

So, I'll ask again...... is ANY one having any problems with their origin client???

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Now that you say, yesterday I clicked the store tab and I got a white screen because it couldn't connect. Is that of any help @MsPrissy88 ?

The joke was a reference to GoT ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Wow, gotta love all the upstate NY talk. :) I live there, too. Not quite as far north and a bit more west than Tanu, so I'm not in the mountains, but there are giant hills everywhere. I may be a bit biased, but it is a beautiful place. The region I'm in is known for its waterfalls and gorges. The town I live in (about ten square miles) has several and the highest waterfall in the eastern part of the US is about a 20 minute drive away.

I also have to second the observation that when you say you're from New York, most people do assume the city. NYC takes up only a small portion of New York's area and a lot of the remaining area is fairly rural. I grew up in a town just a bit bigger than the one Tanu describes. It had two stoplights, two gas stations and a public school as it's main points of interest.
  • Options

HUH?!?? I don't understand.

PEOPLE -- IF you are able to open your origin clients, get it to update -- ALL THE WAY (without it closing on you) -- AND get to your games, then you *wouldn't* understand. HOWEVER.... IF your origin client - when you double click on its desktop icon -- says that Origin login is currently unavailable -- you won't be able to not only get to your games, you won't be able to do pretty much anything else.

So, I'll ask again...... is ANY one having any problems with their origin client???

I had this issue a bit ago and I got rid of Origin and reinstalled it. It updated it for me and everything was fine. Have you tried that yet?
  • Options
    Such cute baby birds Bookie :) We have a ton around here and there seem to be some we haven't seen around again too. For awhile we had a pair of bald Eagles roosting in the tall pine at the end of our dead end street. The male was gone two years ago and the female didn't come back last year so I think something happened to him :( Anyway more of the smaller birds are starting to come back around as the closest Eagle nest I know of is down by the river.

We also now have a pair of flying squirrels which I haven't seen before here. We do have a lot of 'normal' squirrels and chipmunks. My husband has one chipmunk that will take peanuts from his hand :)

The deer have a fawn this year :) They are about half way out our road and we see them in our yard all the time. I'll try to get a picture of them. Besides the beauty of the river, lakes, and streams here the wildlife is another thing I love about living here.

@KaytayRoall We are indeed lucky! I went to a college not far from Syracuse but we always went into Chittenango and studied by the falls there. I went back a few years ago and they've changed it a lot and you can't sit along the falls like we used to anymore. It's still gorgeous though. I also love a waterfall not far from Whiteface Mountain that's fun to climb in the summer because it's in tiers. I'll try to find out the name.

@friendsfan367 I don't always like the snow either but I do love some snow. I could never live where there wasn't a change of seasons. It's just too beautiful. It's worth it to have to put a coat on to breath the fresh air and see it on the trees after a snow fall.

~~~~
    In sims news I started a new game where I'm going to attempt to play some of the jobs/careers I haven't yet. I also still haven't done all the quests and tombs in WA so going to try to do that again too. I love that there is still so much I haven't done in this game yet! :)

I'm using a town from Sims Reality that was unpopulated so I did that and added a few lots yesterday. Appointments this afternoon but I'm hoping for some play time tomorrow :)

I'm loving all the Pms I've gotten for the exchange you guys are so excited it makes me so happy!!! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Tanu - Yes. Since Friday. That's **all** I've been doing. Rip it out, try again. Rip it out.... get 🐸🐸🐸🐸.sed off!

I'm going to try something my techy friend suggested this morning. If *that* don't work, I will then have the ever "fun task" of putting my stuuuupid computer *BACK* to factory. And we **all** know how long *that* can take.

Why is it *every time* I want to join something like this, something ALWAYS goes wrong?!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Such cute baby birds Bookie :) We have a ton around here and there seem to be some we haven't seen around again too. For awhile we had a pair of bald Eagles roosting in the tall pine at the end of our dead end street. The male was gone two years ago and the female didn't come back last year so I think something happened to him :( Anyway more of the smaller birds are starting to come back around as the closest Eagle nest I know of is down by the river.

We also now have a pair of flying squirrels which I haven't seen before here. We do have a lot of 'normal' squirrels and chipmunks. My husband has one chipmunk that will take peanuts from his hand :)

The deer have a fawn this year :) They are about half way out our road and we see them in our yard all the time. I'll try to get a picture of them. Besides the beauty of the river, lakes, and streams here the wildlife is another thing I love about living here.

@KaytayRoall We are indeed lucky! I went to a college not far from Syracuse but we always went into Chittenango and studied by the falls there. I went back a few years ago and they've changed it a lot and you can't sit along the falls like we used to anymore. It's still gorgeous though. I also love a waterfall not far from Whiteface Mountain that's fun to climb in the summer because it's in tiers. I'll try to find out the name.

@friendsfan367 I don't always like the snow either but I do love some snow. I could never live where there wasn't a change of seasons. It's just too beautiful. It's worth it to have to put a coat on to breath the fresh air and see it on the trees after a snow fall.

~~~~
    In sims news I started a new game where I'm going to attempt to play some of the jobs/careers I haven't yet. I also still haven't done all the quests and tombs in WA so going to try to do that again too. I love that there is still so much I haven't done in this game yet! :)

I'm using a town from Sims Reality that was unpopulated so I did that and added a few lots yesterday. Appointments this afternoon but I'm hoping for some play time tomorrow :)

I'm loving all the Pms I've gotten for the exchange you guys are so excited it makes me so happy!!! :)

im in california. its finally cold. the last 2 winters were hot because my area doesn't get rain.
  • Options
    @Tanu - Yes. Since Friday. That's **all** I've been doing. Rip it out, try again. Rip it out.... get 🐸🐸🐸🐸.sed off!

I'm going to try something my techy friend suggested this morning. If *that* don't work, I will then have the ever "fun task" of putting my stuuuupid computer *BACK* to factory. And we **all** know how long *that* can take.

Why is it *every time* I want to join something like this, something ALWAYS goes wrong?!

I know it's frustrating I just went through a very similar thing and had to end up spending money I don't have for a new computer. Hopefully you will be able to get it sorted even if it means factory settings.

As far as the exchange relax I got you B)
  • Options

I know it's frustrating I just went through a very similar thing and had to end up spending money I don't have for a new computer. Hopefully you will be able to get it sorted even if it means factory settings.

As far as the exchange relax I got you B)

Everything about my computer is practically new!! *pulls hair* That's what I don't get! I just ended up buying a malware program that's "supposed to" scan for malware and cra.ap like that. I even downloaded *another* program that was "supposed to" FIX all the crud that was broken! I don't think it did that.

Any way...... I have no choice, *but* to withdraw. Can you please ask whoever had me, if they would like to do something for *my* buddy?? Thanks

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube