Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EASING INTO SPRING EXCHANGE ~~~~ GIFTING NOW OPEN!!!! :) ~

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    ~~~~OK ALL NAMES ARE NOW OUT PHEW! LOL~~~~~

NAME CHECK IN ~

Ciane
    Cmbaker
    Kaytay
    Kgaff
    MsPrissy
    Shannen
    Suzes
    XxHannelorexX
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    HiRes.jpg

1. Get Buddy name. Check!
    2. Read Buddy's letter. Check!
    3. Start researching ideas. Check!

This is going to be fun!!!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Oh look, I have a new message! *races over to check* yep, got my buddy name! Now I need to go reread their letter and see what kind of inspiration I get! :smiley:
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2016
    NAME CHECK IN ~

Addy
    Bookie
    CD
    Ciane
    Cmbaker
    Kaytay
    Kgaff
    Martje
    MsPrissy
    Shannen
    Suzes
    XxHannelorexX

Not checked in yet ~

Aricarai
    Mari
    Sj
    Sky
    Post edited by tanubanue on
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    I have my letter and starting my plans now. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Checking in! I've reread my buddy's letter. This is going to be fun! B)

I'm off to work in 30 minutes and can't wait to be back home tonight so I can start planning my gifts. Have a wonderful day everyone! :blush:
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Sooooo why does internet and hardware always have to crash on the most exciting moments? Lol. I got my buddies name @tanubanue :)

@Martje89 well, we are kind of planning to go to Spain (Lloret de Mar) and Prague this summer so we are trying to save up a lot. Other than that we planned a weekend to an awesome theme park (Efteling) and we'll go to Slagharen for a day soon. Also we bought a new couch so I think we have to skip any other expensive trips for now :# I'm being way too spoiled at the moment lol! But I will go to cirque the soleil, not sure when, but I will!

@DolphineQ I want so many cats!!!! I love cats. But my man only wants more cats if it's kittens from the one cat we have. And she hates other cats so that won't happen probably :( really great work you do!

@MsPrissy88 and @tanubanue I wish they broadcast NasCar in the Netherlands. I kind of love what I know from it, but that's not too much sadly. I've watched Cars though lol!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @tanubanue I got my buddy's name, thank you!

This is so exciting! I'm gonna start planning my gifts. Good luck everyone & have fun B)

My name is Marit, by the way :p
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Sjappie - I wish I could tell you that you could watch the races *through* Nascar's website. But sadly.... they took their Race Buddy thing down. There were races for some of last year that _I_ could watch; right on my computer! Didn't have to pay for anything. Just log in to my account, and watch the race. That's quite a shame that you don't get anything over there by you. Boooooooo

So, me being nosy.... you said that live in the Netherlands? Is that like ONE continent, or, is your area split up? Sorry.... I'm really terrible in geography. :p And what about time zone? How much "ahead" are you from, say, the east Coast of the United States? I'll give you a for instance:

Where _I_ live, the time (right now) is 1:52pm on Monday afternoon. Where some of my friends live (on the east coast), *their time* is 2:52pm.

Like I said..... I'm nosy. I like to know things about my friends.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    NAME CHECK IN ~

Addy
    Bookie
    CD
    Ciane
    Cmbaker
    Kaytay
    Kgaff
    Marit (sorry :o )
    Martje
    MsPrissy
    Shannen
    Sj
    Suzes
    XxHannelorexX

Not checked in yet ~

Aricarai
    Sky
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    @Sjappie - I wish I could tell you that you could watch the races *through* Nascar's website. But sadly.... they took their Race Buddy thing down. There were races for some of last year that _I_ could watch; right on my computer! Didn't have to pay for anything. Just log in to my account, and watch the race. That's quite a shame that you don't get anything over there by you. Boooooooo

So, me being nosy.... you said that live in the Netherlands? Is that like ONE continent, or, is your area split up? Sorry.... I'm really terrible in geography. :p And what about time zone? How much "ahead" are you from, say, the east Coast of the United States? I'll give you a for instance:

Where _I_ live, the time (right now) is 1:52pm on Monday afternoon. Where some of my friends live (on the east coast), *their time* is 2:52pm.

:lol: Geography is actually one of the things I'm good at! Netherlands is a country in Europe. Where the windmills and tulips and wooden shoes are! (among other things :lol: ) North of Belgium, east of the UK, west of Germany. ;)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Name received and I'm super stoked! Thinking cap is on, creative juices flowing - *waves to buddy and everyone else*
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    @Bookworm742 That's great! From what I've seen and heard, O must be an incredible show indeed! The water element really appeals to me. Amaluna had a bowl with water and an artist performing contortion and all sorts of neat tricks. It was really cool. Maybe one day in the future I will travel to the US and have the chance to see O. The closest I've been to it right now is by watching an episode of Crisis Control on Discovery which featured O lol :wink: I agree with you on the traveling around part of all the shows. It's a shame some of them are so far away to visit. Even though I live in Europe, I have the same problem :smile: Oh well.. I hope you have fun at Ovo!!

@cmbaker16 Oh that sounds like a lovely time! :blush: I've seen many shows on tv as well, which is great because some of them are just so far away and the tickets can be pretty expensive, depending on the seat you choose. P.S. I'm glad you found a way to play your game and I hope your aunt recovers well and quickly! :smile:

@DolphineQ That's a lot of cats to take care of. I can imagine it's very busy, but they are really lucky to have someone like you loving them and taking care of them <3

@SjappielovePaul Oh you have some really great things to look forward then! :blush: I completely understand about having to skip certain things. Prague is a gorgeous city btw (I've been there two times) and the Efteling is always fun! It's been a long time since I've been there. Talking about it makes me want to go as well lol :wink:

@MsPrissy88 The Netherlands would be the little red dot on this map. It's really tiny, especially when you compare it to the US :smile:

You know what I just realized. The only two other Dutch people I know on the forums here are @SjappielovePaul and @MariTomKaulitz and they're both participating in this gift exchange. Fun! :blush:
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2016

:lol: Geography is actually one of the things I'm good at! Netherlands is a country in Europe. Where the windmills and tulips and wooden shoes are! (among other things :lol: ) North of Belgium, east of the UK, west of Germany. ;)

Why, THANK YOU, Bookie!! *slaps forehead* I should have guessed about the windmills, tulips and wooden shoes. lol :D Now I have a pretty good idea of WHERE she lives.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    NAME CHECK IN ~

Addy
    Aricarai
    Bookie
    CD
    Ciane
    Cmbaker
    Kaytay
    Kgaff
    Martje
    MsPrissy
    Shannen
    Sj
    Suzes
    XxHannelorexX

Not checked in yet ~

Sky
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    I'm super excited to get started this weekend :D I have to power through a few more days of frantic work on some uni assignments (3 due in one week is a bit much O.O ) and then I'll have enough free time to sim, sim sim... :smiley:
  • Options
    I got started today and I'm already having soo much fun!! Glad I could join in again!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    So Sorry All ..... im_not_slow_im_fashionably_late_running_shirt-ree47fdfe4d314bbea832afb04157c3f1_i5pxf_1024.jpg

So I am checking in! I got my buddy, Read Buddies Letter! And Already Got All My Muses Working On Overtime!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited April 2016
    NAME CHECK IN ~

Addy
    Aricarai
    Bookie
    CD
    Ciane
    Cmbaker
    Kaytay
    Kgaff
    Martje
    MsPrissy
    Shannen
    Sj
    Suzes
    XxHannelorexX
    Sky

Yay everyone's now checked in remember next check-in is May 10th :)
  • Options

Well, I've been to NY and it was six hours back in time ;) a funny thing that is! We're well known for having a good-looking population. If you watch GoT there's two Dutch actors in it; Carice van Houten and Michiel Huisman. Also most of us are tall, but everything around us is small hah! When I visited NY I was taller than my peers, but I was impressed by everything being huge around me!

We don't have any mountains. From bottom to top of our country is 300 something kilometers. We have two big rivers who tend to overflow every once in a while so our country is actuaĺly the best in waterworks! Also some say that's why we're tall, to keep our head above water :)

We have a democratic monarchy. Our king doesn't have any actual powers, but he has to sign all laws the government comes up with and he's great for keeping friendships with foreign countries. Fun fact, tomorrow we celebrate kingsday. On national days the 'oranje legioen' comes to live. We act like big nationalistic party animals lol! We all dress in orange.

Other than that Heineken is from here and other than the slavetrade our history rocks! We once ruled over big parts of the world including NY state :)

Sooo that's a bit about us Dutchies ^^ and a lot of people confuse us with Germans, while there is a big difference! One more fun fact, our internet speed is in the top 10 of the earth. Wish that would be more obvious lol! Nah I have nothing to complain. Our country scores well on many factors, most Dutchies just like to whine about things anyway with a dark humour :')
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Martje89 wrote: »
    @Bookworm742 That's great! From what I've seen and heard, O must be an incredible show indeed! The water element really appeals to me. Amaluna had a bowl with water and an artist performing contortion and all sorts of neat tricks. It was really cool. Maybe one day in the future I will travel to the US and have the chance to see O. The closest I've been to it right now is by watching an episode of Crisis Control on Discovery which featured O lol :wink: I agree with you on the traveling around part of all the shows. It's a shame some of them are so far away to visit. Even though I live in Europe, I have the same problem :smile: Oh well.. I hope you have fun at Ovo!!

@cmbaker16 Oh that sounds like a lovely time! :blush: I've seen many shows on tv as well, which is great because some of them are just so far away and the tickets can be pretty expensive, depending on the seat you choose. P.S. I'm glad you found a way to play your game and I hope your aunt recovers well and quickly! :smile:

@DolphineQ That's a lot of cats to take care of. I can imagine it's very busy, but they are really lucky to have someone like you loving them and taking care of them <3

@SjappielovePaul Oh you have some really great things to look forward then! :blush: I completely understand about having to skip certain things. Prague is a gorgeous city btw (I've been there two times) and the Efteling is always fun! It's been a long time since I've been there. Talking about it makes me want to go as well lol :wink:

@MsPrissy88 The Netherlands would be the little red dot on this map. It's really tiny, especially when you compare it to the US :smile:

You know what I just realized. The only two other Dutch people I know on the forums here are @SjappielovePaul and @MariTomKaulitz and they're both participating in this gift exchange. Fun! :blush:

Sorry for taking a second post and being off topic, I just love to tell about my roots ;)

I believe @OriginalMara is also Dutch and @GITTE2001 is from Vlaanderen, forgive me if I'm mistaking. And I believe there might have been one more I'm forgetting lol.

Also we got Efteling on a sale. If I find the link I'll send it to you in pm ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Don't worry about being off topic. Part of the idea of the exchange is to share our selves and our cultures and get to know one another. :) As long as we don't forget the main reason we are here it's great! lol
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Don't worry about being off topic. Part of the idea of the exchange is to share our selves and our cultures and get to know one another. :) As long as we don't forget the main reason we are here it's great! lol

Great :) if I had been on my laptop I'd have combined the posts but on my cellphone that's quite hard.

Also I'm for sure not forgetting anything ^^ dear buddy you will be spoiled! My first two gifts are as good as done and the ideas keep flowing! It's so much fun creating for you :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited April 2016
    Haha it's totally fine @tanubanue! I get that my username can be confusing :tongue: (I really wish I could change it, but I'm not sure if that's possible). And while my name is pretty common in the Netherlands and other parts of Northern Europe, I believe it's not heard of often in other countries. So don't worry about it :)

I'm about to start working on my first gift (I wrote my ideas down first), yay!