Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

1323334353638...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Personally, I'm 99% sure toddlers will be in this game at some point. When? Maybe not for a while. But it's happening. I am definitely frustrated with lack of updates or announcements and I don't necessarily think it means anything except that they have to wait for some specific date to announce the next EP or GP or whatever. Hopefully we will hear about a GP or EP in April. I highly, highly doubt we will hear about toddlers being added in the next pack. BUT I do think they will be there eventually.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2016
    "KatyJay88 wrote:
    Yes it was. And @Orchid13 is right, it was never meant to be seen by us. But they at least had to have a model of a toddler to base that off of. Maybe they took it from S3?

Why would they need anything from which to base it? There are people who work on the game who are artists. Why would they not be able to create a painting that looked like TS4 sims?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I've just heard this argument before and don't understand it.

Good points, @Sigzy05. I think babies in TS4 are labeled "objects" all the time because they seem more like actual objects than sims; the babies in TS2 were the most 'life-like' of them all, but at least TS3 babies could be selected by the player and carried around by sims. TS4 babies are most like TS1 babies and there really is no excuse for them to be going that far back with the game's development.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    "KatyJay88 wrote:
    Yes it was. And @Orchid13 is right, it was never meant to be seen by us. But they at least had to have a model of a toddler to base that off of. Maybe they took it from S3?

Why would they need anything from which to base it? There are people who work on the game who are artists. Why would they not be able to create a painting that looked like TS4 sims?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I've just heard this argument before and don't understand it.

Good points, @Sigzy05. I think babies in TS4 are labeled "objects" all the time because they seem more like actual objects than sims; the babies in TS2 were the most 'life-like' of them all, but at least TS3 babies could be selected by the player and carried around by sims. TS4 babies are most like TS1 babies and there really is no excuse for them to be going that far back with the game's development.

I thought the babies were objects so that they could be tied to their bassinets. Basically, in TS4 sims have bassinets--this ensures that babies aren't slot popped into bookshelves or dishwashers or tables after feeding time is over. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was explained before :confused:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    People say why doesn't EA say something - well personally I do not think EA is fully aware of the situation - as I am quite sure the studios do what they more or less want to do as long as each studio shows a decent profit and the media doesn't go crazy in a bad way.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Writin_Reg I know several people that have written snail mail direct to Peter....if he gets his mail, he knows.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    "KatyJay88 wrote:

I thought the babies were objects so that they could be tied to their bassinets. Basically, in TS4 sims have bassinets--this ensures that babies aren't slot popped into bookshelves or dishwashers or tables after feeding time is over. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was explained before :confused:

The 'baby' is more the bassinet than the wiggly doll that the sims do the interactions with. When your sim interacts with said wiggly doll and builds a relationship with it, those ++'s emanate from the bassinet itself rather than the baby. That made me sad to realize that, it would have been nice if somehow the developers had at least made the relationship look like it was building with the baby rather than a piece of furniture. :(
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am kind of hoping that they won't put toddlers in the game (I know, I know..everyone wants it...) at least not as a patch, but more as an EP or something. I always found toddlers boring and just wanted kids to be teenagers already, so I can work with them. :#

I'm not a huge fan of toddlers either, but in this instance yes they do need to be patched in otherwise we'll end up with a scenario like we had with Young Adults in TS2 where the life state is never fleshed out beyond the expansion pack it came in. Considering how long people have been waiting and how important toddlers are to the players who want them doing it via an EP would be an insult because they would always be incomplete.

If you're not keen on the life state like I am then just age 'em up straight away; this isn't something actively forced on the player and it is easily skippable.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Kaantje wrote: »
    If they don't give us toddlers back, they should flesh out the children more. Like more Cas stuff, more stuff to do. I like al ages, but I always found it lacking that toddlers and children had only a couple of hair styles and little to do compared to other ages.
    I also think EA would make a mistake if they didn't give their customers toddlers back. A lot of people will leave the sims 4 and the sales will drop.

If toddlers never came (and I would be greatly disappointed, let me tell you, lol), this is a way to really make up for them.

Also, flesh out the teens some more, or maybe give us preteens or younger looking teens. I don't like how the teens look like adults (16-17years old).

I want the freshman high school teens or late middle school teens. Shorter teens. Basically, what we had in previous sims games.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    "KatyJay88 wrote:

The 'baby' is more the bassinet than the wiggly doll that the sims do the interactions with. When your sim interacts with said wiggly doll and builds a relationship with it, those ++'s emanate from the bassinet itself rather than the baby. That made me sad to realize that, it would have been nice if somehow the developers had at least made the relationship look like it was building with the baby rather than a piece of furniture. :(

Not only that they aren't even recognized as family! When a sim has the family aspiration and they are interacting with the baby a moodlet will come up saying that they are missing their family. Despite the fact that they are with their newborn. The baby really is just a bassinet. :/
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    geekchic96, I so Luv that picture you put from the Hotel Transylvania 2 movie, i got them both, I also made the chars for both movies in the gallery, so thanks for letting me see this awesome picture, :)