Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wish they would confirm rather they're going to add toddlers or not tbh so you guys would know something but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't added.

If it s no they won't confirm that because they'd probably lose a lot of customers however I ll be there no matter what as I intend on buying every pack for TS4 regardless.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited March 2016
    I wish they would confirm rather they're going to add toddlers or not tbh so you guys would know something but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't added.

At this point i just want confirmation so the endless speculation can come to an end and so we knew what this game is becoming.

Everything seems to be targeted to a semi online game focused on young adults
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AFerrari0908AFerrari0908 Posts: 65 Member
    To be honest I don't know why everybody is so keen on toddlers to try and make it a complete game.
    I thought a lot of people weren't happy with the amount of things to do in the game. Wouldn't different venues and worlds add a lot more to the game than a life stage that can't really do anything?

I get it makes the family and growing up seem more complete, and I agree on that, but I don't really think it will make the game much better.
    Gallery: AFerrari0908
    Youtube: ButtonBudds
  • Options
    To be honest I don't know why everybody is so keen on toddlers to try and make it a complete game.
    I thought a lot of people weren't happy with the amount of things to do in the game. Wouldn't different venues and worlds add a lot more to the game than a life stage that can't really do anything?

I get it makes the family and growing up seem more complete, and I agree on that, but I don't really think it will make the game much better.

It will make the core of the game complete. Expansion packs are suppose to expand gameplay and not make up for the lack of basic things in the game.

I agree with you that it won't really expand the sims world, but it does complete the game for those who pick a family style game play
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

It all depends on the player.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don't even care anymore...I'm playing TS2 and I'm happy. TS4 is currently a mess I don't even want to touch. Until they finally decide to do something that is in my perspective..."valuable" and entertaining or fix the past EP's and base game, I don't care.

I want to play TS2 again but am afraid of securom.

What is a securom?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Well toddlers won't fix everything, but it'll help a lot of players enjoy the game more.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I don't even care anymore...I'm playing TS2 and I'm happy. TS4 is currently a mess I don't even want to touch. Until they finally decide to do something that is in my perspective..."valuable" and entertaining or fix the past EP's and base game, I don't care.

What is a securom?

A disgusting creature that I will be deleting tomorrow so I can finally play TS2 without any problems. :confounded:
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2016

It'll make the game better for some people. There are players who are happy with most aspects of the game, but feel as though they cannot have families and don't even bother to try. So, that ruins the fun. It's all about individual play style. So, it matters more to some than others. I'm not exactly a family player, but my play style has been squelched in S4 so I stick to S3. People who didn't play like me barely even miss you the things that I do, though. So, it's about perspective.

I'm not convinced that they're working on toddlers either. It was nice to see the thread pinned. But there could be lots of reasons for that. Like trying to give forumers a more positive way to sound off, for instance. I think it's great to have hope. But, I also think it's best to assume nothing until they actually reveal it.

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think they are working on toddlers. I don't think that pic with the toddler was a total fake.

Some simmers already knew the toddler picture was just a miniature child. The clothes are available in CAS.

Hope I'm wrong though

*sound of glass breaking*

I didn't know that. Now my last spark of hope has been extinguished.

I never really got excited when that thread got stickied. If they are just now wanting to know our ideas for toddlers, than that doesn't give me much hope that toddlers are far along in development. I mean, they could have the basics done and looking for ideas for a Generations EP but there's no way to confirm it. And finding out they just edited children clothes on a fake toddler has sunk my already sinking ship.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    I think they are working on toddlers. I don't think that pic with the toddler was a total fake.

Some simmers already knew the toddler picture was just a miniature child. The clothes are available in CAS.

Hope I'm wrong though

I never really got excited when that thread got stickied. If they are just now wanting to know our ideas for toddlers, than that doesn't give me much hope that toddlers are far along in development. I mean, they could have the basics done and looking for ideas for a Generations EP but there's no way to confirm it. And finding out they just edited children clothes on a fake toddler has sunk my already sinking ship.

What is this picture?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Hope I'm wrong though

Sorry :(

Exactly how i feel
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Hope I'm wrong though

What is this picture?

The family portrait they made for the CEO. I cant post it here cause im on my ipad and idk how. You can google it :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Hope I'm wrong though

What is this picture?

The family portrait they made for the CEO. I cant post it here cause im on my ipad and idk how. You can google it :)

Oh that. Sorry no need, I thought it was something "new" :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

Hope I'm wrong though

What is this picture?

It was a gift for someone that works there. It is a render of her actual family. Pretty cute.

Capture.png
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

If it s no they won't confirm that because they'd probably lose a lot of customers however I ll be there no matter what as I intend on buying every pack for TS4 regardless.

Yeah that's true and I didn't think virtual toddlers would have that effect on people anyways I haven't bought anything lately for sims 4 (I have Get to Work, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, and Spa Day)

At this point i just want confirmation so the endless speculation can come to an end and so we knew what this game is becoming.

Everything seems to be targeted to a semi online game focused on young adults

Yeah they need to since it's asked about so much

It seems more kid-friendly to me and I guess it's because of how the sims act sometimes. It's very focused on partying and hanging out with friends so I agree on it being focused on young adults.

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

Hope I'm wrong though

What is this picture?

It was a gift for someone that works there. It is a render of her actual family. Pretty cute.

Capture.png

I don't care if she's just a shrunk down child...she's adorable and I want her in my game. And who said she just doesn't have a matching outfit with her big sis? ;)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    I still think Toddlers were always supposed to be in the base game when it launched back in September. Everybody with even the remotest interest in Toddlers knows what happened when they were originally confirmed to be in the game only to have that statement corrected further down the line and I think at this point a lot of people would agree that it is clear TS4 was not ready for it's release date ("things change" became kind of a thing and not just because of Toddlers) but was pushed out anyway with a "patch later" mentality. I believe due to time constraints Toddlers ended up getting pulled and shelved during development which would explain why players were mislead; that is assuming it was not just yet another poor decision from EA's PR / Marketing team.

Since then I do get the impression they have not been a priority so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are still in the early-early stages if work on them has even resumed at all. Solely based off the press events and whatnot I just get the impression Rachel doesn't really have much of an interest in restoring what was lost and the general embargo on anything Toddler-related from the developers seems to support this. If they were working on Toddlers wouldn't they want to tell people about it? It has to be one of the most asked for things on these forums yet it's something that never gets talked about; I believe the devs are not allowed to talk about what is happening with Toddlers beyond dropping the occasional vaguest of the vague comments just to keep that carrot dangling (got to keep Corporate Commander happy after all).

The whole Toddler issue has been one colossal plum-up from EA from day one. Intentional or not EA mislead fans and never issued so much as an apology (if I remember correctly they even tried to pass it off as fans "misunderstanding" a very blatant and easy to understand statement) and that is a wrong that still needs to be put right regardless of anyone's personal stance on Toddlers as content. I don't often think a company owes anyone anything, especially in a subject I'm actually not that heavily invested in but in this instance EA owes it to every single fan out there who they lied to to sort this mess out instead of leaving people in limbo, even if that means coming clean and outright telling players that there is zero intention to bring them back. The lie might have been accidental, it might not have even been a lie when it happened but to say "all life states will be in the game" and then change it to "toddlers are not in the game" without so much as an acknowledgement or apology is unforgivable.
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    I saw so many mood swings on this forum :D. One thread in excited about an idea about toddlers, in another thread people mourning about no toddlers in the game yet and possible "we will never get toddlers".
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member

What is a securom?

It's a form of DRM (it's supposed to prevent piracy).
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »

What is a securom?

It's a form of DRM (it's supposed to prevent piracy).

Thanks. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I still think Toddlers were always supposed to be in the base game when it launched back in September. Everybody with even the remotest interest in Toddlers knows what happened when they were originally confirmed to be in the game only to have that statement corrected further down the line and I think at this point a lot of people would agree that it is clear TS4 was not ready for it's release date ("things change" became kind of a thing and not just because of Toddlers) but was pushed out anyway with a "patch later" mentality. I believe due to time constraints Toddlers ended up getting pulled and shelved during development which would explain why players were mislead; that is assuming it was not just yet another poor decision from EA's PR / Marketing team.

Since then I do get the impression they have not been a priority so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are still in the early-early stages if work on them has even resumed at all. Solely based off the press events and whatnot I just get the impression Rachel doesn't really have much of an interest in restoring what was lost and the general embargo on anything Toddler-related from the developers seems to support this. If they were working on Toddlers wouldn't they want to tell people about it? It has to be one of the most asked for things on these forums yet it's something that never gets talked about; I believe the devs are not allowed to talk about what is happening with Toddlers beyond dropping the occasional vaguest of the vague comments just to keep that carrot dangling (got to keep Corporate Commander happy after all).

The whole Toddler issue has been one colossal plum-up from EA from day one. Intentional or not EA mislead fans and never issued so much as an apology (if I remember correctly they even tried to pass it off as fans "misunderstanding" a very blatant and easy to understand statement) and that is a wrong that still needs to be put right regardless of anyone's personal stance on Toddlers as content. I don't often think a company owes anyone anything, especially in a subject I'm actually not that heavily invested in but in this instance EA owes it to every single fan out there who they lied to to sort this mess out instead of leaving people in limbo, even if that means coming clean and outright telling players that there is zero intention to bring them back. The lie might have been accidental, it might not have even been a lie when it happened but to say "all life states will be in the game" and then change it to "toddlers are not in the game" without so much as an acknowledgement or apology is unforgivable.

Clearly . Not just because of toddlers but all the basic missing things like NPCs and transportation of all kinds
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    > @Orchid13 said:

> Clearly . Not just because of toddlers but all the basic missing things like NPCs and transportation of all kinds
    I am missing school buses like we had them in the Sims 2. I am not missing the game but missing some features that were super cute and real like that school bus.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Omg @Darkslayer amazing!!

I completely agree with everything. I similarly do not think they are putting any effort towards toddlers. They seem to forget that the omission of toddlers and pools sparked that huge petition months before the game even came out, and we're nearly two years since then with nothing.

I think their priorities are way off. Those two features alone caused a massive amount of backlash against the company, and there is so much more missing. Where is basketball?! Or cars?! Similarly, they confirmed them around the same time and we dont have them either. IMO the community primarily singled out these two gameplay elements and Maxis can't even take the time to work on that. Instead we get grow fruit challenges so we can unlock new planters.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Yeah they need to since it's asked about so much

It seems more kid-friendly to me and I guess it's because of how the sims act sometimes. It's very focused on partying and hanging out with friends so I agree on it being focused on young adults.

See, I don't generally have my Sims party or hang out with friends and I've got plenty to do in the game. They tend to work, learn to paint or woodwork, practice music, fall in love, find hidden lots, etc. I think I've had a sim go to a club once with his friend and maybe had a sim or two go to a bar a couple of times. Some of my Sims are more outgoing, of course, so they like to socialize more but hanging out with friends or family isn't specifically a young adults thing and it doesn't always have to happen at a club or bar. I actually have yet to throw any parties, believe it or not, though I have played quite a few date nights.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper