Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    > @drake_mccarty said:

> I think their priorities are way off. Those two features alone caused a massive amount of backlash against the company, and there is so much more missing. Where is basketball?! Or cars?! Similarly, they confirmed them around the same time and we dont have them either. IMO the community primarily singled out these two gameplay elements and Maxis can't even take the time to work on that. Instead we get grow fruit challenges so we can unlock new planters.

I quite afraid that something isn't working out with toddlers that's why there is no news for 2 years :s .
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Yeah they need to since it's asked about so much

It seems more kid-friendly to me and I guess it's because of how the sims act sometimes. It's very focused on partying and hanging out with friends so I agree on it being focused on young adults.

See, I don't generally have my Sims party or hang out with friends and I've got plenty to do in the game. They tend to work, learn to paint or woodwork, practice music, fall in love, find hidden lots, etc. I think I've had a sim go to a club once with his friend and maybe had a sim or two go to a bar a couple of times. Some of my Sims are more outgoing, of course, so they like to socialize more but hanging out with friends or family isn't specifically a young adults thing and it doesn't always have to happen at a club or bar. I actually have yet to throw any parties, believe it or not, though I have played quite a few date nights.

It just seems like it's focused on hanging out and being more social with Get Together installed that's why I mainly said that. I haven't thrown any parties in the game either but my sims get invited to them often. I get bored easily with the game so idk what else to do most of the time
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Yeah they need to since it's asked about so much

It seems more kid-friendly to me and I guess it's because of how the sims act sometimes. It's very focused on partying and hanging out with friends so I agree on it being focused on young adults.

See, I don't generally have my Sims party or hang out with friends and I've got plenty to do in the game. They tend to work, learn to paint or woodwork, practice music, fall in love, find hidden lots, etc. I think I've had a sim go to a club once with his friend and maybe had a sim or two go to a bar a couple of times. Some of my Sims are more outgoing, of course, so they like to socialize more but hanging out with friends or family isn't specifically a young adults thing and it doesn't always have to happen at a club or bar. I actually have yet to throw any parties, believe it or not, though I have played quite a few date nights.

It just seems like it's focused on hanging out and being more social with Get Together installed that's why I mainly said that. I haven't thrown any parties in the game either but my sims get invited to them often. I get bored easily with the game so idk what else to do most of the time

Oh, I don't use the club system for being social. :D I use it mostly to make unplayed Sims do things while my played Sims are living their lives. I'm still building an apartment building and planning on making clubs for the apartment dwellers so the unplayed hh in the building will still somewhat function normally while I focus on the hh I want to play.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I wish they would confirm rather they're going to add toddlers or not tbh so you guys would know something but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't added.

At this point i just want confirmation so the endless speculation can come to an end and so we knew what this game is becoming.

Everything seems to be targeted to a semi online game focused on young adults

See that's just it. When they were asked about things that they knew were never coming to the game, like open world, they said so. They said "open world is never coming." So would the same logic not apply to toddlers? If they are not working on them, and never plan to, then they would have said so.
    Some argue that they aren't saying anything in fear of alienating a huge section of their fan base. But I don't think so. I think they are working on them. A ton of people loved open world, and they shot that down. So I think the same would be with toddlers.
    Anyways, it's all speculation. But I remain optimistic. The signs are there.
    1. The stickied thread.
    2. CEO picture (had to be a render)
    3. They're talking more about toddlers openly with players on the forums
    4. Latest content seems to be taking a long time to be released (I'm not saying it's toddlers next - I'm just saying whatever they are working on is taking them a while)
    5. Voice actress was called in and has finished recording.

All of that says they are coming. And I just can't wait! :blush:
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I wish they would confirm rather they're going to add toddlers or not tbh so you guys would know something but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't added.

At this point i just want confirmation so the endless speculation can come to an end and so we knew what this game is becoming.

See that's just it. When they were asked about things that they knew were never coming to the game, like open world, they said so. They said "open world is never coming." So would the same logic not apply to toddlers? If they are not working on them, and never plan to, then they would have said so.
    Some argue that they aren't saying anything in fear of alienating a huge section of their fan base. But I don't think so. I think they are working on them. A ton of people loved open world, and they shot that down. So I think the same would be with toddlers.
    1. The stickied thread.
    4. Latest content seems to be taking a long time to be released (I'm not saying it's toddlers next - I'm just saying whatever they are working on is taking them a while)

1. I'm curious about the stickied thread too.
    2. Wasn't that intended as a gift to someone on the team? I don't think it was really meant to be a hint for us.
    3. To me they're just dangling the carrot again. It's been a while since they last talked about it and they've probably got another GP or EP to announce soon, got to get people chatting about the game again (or maybe I'm just too cynical)
    4. I'm not sure. Romantic Garden Stuff came out a few weeks ago and we've only had two GPs so far which might not be enough to really plan out an estimated release schedule for those yet. We're nearing a point where something new could potentially be announced but I don't find the silence unusual personally.
    5. This one is interesting.

I don't know, I can see why people are getting their hopes up and I hope it does end up being proven true for the people who have been waiting for this content for over a year, but EA have played too many head games for me to put any kind of faith into them without something of substance (like an official announcement) to back it up first.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

They won't tell us probably for fear of losing even more fans who wanted them before release to the ones left still waiting for
    Them to be added.

They cut too many corners with newborns and teens and removed toddler's completely.

Me only really have
    child
    Young adult life stages really to.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I feel like my comments are dissapearing...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »

1. The stickied thread.

2. Wasn't that intended as a gift to someone on the team? I don't think it was really meant to be a hint for us.
    3. To me they're just dangling the carrot again. It's been a while since they last talked about it and they've probably got another GP or EP to announce soon, got to get people chatting about the game again (or maybe I'm just too cynical)
    4. I'm not sure. Romantic Garden Stuff came out a few weeks ago and we've only had two GPs so far which might not be enough to really plan out an estimated release schedule for those yet. We're nearing a point where something new could potentially be announced but I don't find the silence unusual personally.

I don't know, I can see why people are getting their hopes up and I hope it does end up being proven true for the people who have been waiting for this content for over a year, but EA have played too many head games for me to put any kind of faith into them without something of substance (like an official announcement) to back it up first.

The picture wasnt even meant to be seen by us. It wasn't a render
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

1. The stickied thread.

Yes it was. And @Orchid13 is right, it was never meant to be seen by us. But they at least had to have a model of a toddler to base that off of. Maybe they took it from S3?
  • Options
    VixellaaVixellaa Posts: 13 New Member
    I really hope they bring toddlers back.
  • Options

1. The stickied thread.

Yes it was. And @Orchid13 is right, it was never meant to be seen by us. But they at least had to have a model of a toddler to base that off of. Maybe they took it from S3?

True. But the clothes are from children's CAS. Its like they shrunk a child
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I really want them...like in the next two months LOL.
    xo0yscju
  • Options

1. The stickied thread.

Well maybe this is what they're working on now! Clothing and objects for toddlers!!

When they come Imma be all

200.gif
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I definitely think that they're working on Toddlers, but they're being cautious about the info they leak right now because they're in the very early phases of development right now--just seeing if and how they can get them to work in-game and improve their fun factor as playable sims like they were able to do with Children. At this point, the way I see it, they might scrap their plans to add the lifestage if it's either too buggy to manage or they can't make significant enough improvements to merit the addition. So, the devs want the community to know that they hear everyone...but they also don't want to start writing checks they can't cash again, so they're being super-careful. It's a tightrope act right now, so we can't get our hopes up too high at this point. No baby showers until we get video and screenshots.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    > @Orchid13 said:
    > KatyJay88 wrote: »
    >
    > Darkslayer wrote: »
    >
    > KatyJay88 wrote: »
    >
    > Orchid13 wrote: »
    >
    > Mizz_Creative48 wrote: »
    >
    > I wish they would confirm rather they're going to add toddlers or not tbh so you guys would know something but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't added.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > At this point i just want confirmation so the endless speculation can come to an end and so we knew what this game is becoming.
    >
    > Everything seems to be targeted to a semi online game focused on young adults
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > See that's just it. When they were asked about things that they knew were never coming to the game, like open world, they said so. They said "open world is never coming." So would the same logic not apply to toddlers? If they are not working on them, and never plan to, then they would have said so.
    > Some argue that they aren't saying anything in fear of alienating a huge section of their fan base. But I don't think so. I think they are working on them. A ton of people loved open world, and they shot that down. So I think the same would be with toddlers.
    > Anyways, it's all speculation. But I remain optimistic. The signs are there.
    > 1. The stickied thread.
    > 2. CEO picture (had to be a render)
    > 3. They're talking more about toddlers openly with players on the forums
    > 4. Latest content seems to be taking a long time to be released (I'm not saying it's toddlers next - I'm just saying whatever they are working on is taking them a while)
    > 5. Voice actress was called in and has finished recording.
    >
    > All of that says they are coming. And I just can't wait! :blush:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. I'm curious about the stickied thread too.
    > 2. Wasn't that intended as a gift to someone on the team? I don't think it was really meant to be a hint for us.
    > 3. To me they're just dangling the carrot again. It's been a while since they last talked about it and they've probably got another GP or EP to announce soon, got to get people chatting about the game again (or maybe I'm just too cynical)
    > 4. I'm not sure. Romantic Garden Stuff came out a few weeks ago and we've only had two GPs so far which might not be enough to really plan out an estimated release schedule for those yet. We're nearing a point where something new could potentially be announced but I don't find the silence unusual personally.
    > 5. This one is interesting.
    >
    > I don't know, I can see why people are getting their hopes up and I hope it does end up being proven true for the people who have been waiting for this content for over a year, but EA have played too many head games for me to put any kind of faith into them without something of substance (like an official announcement) to back it up first.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes it was. And @Orchid13 is right, it was never meant to be seen by us. But they at least had to have a model of a toddler to base that off of. Maybe they took it from S3?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > True. But the clothes are from children's CAS. Its like they shrunk a child

Actually, if you look closer at the male sims hand you can see that it is short overalls, we do not have those for children, just long pants overalls.. But yes the hat is shrunken from children. I just wanted to point out that the outfit the toddler is wearing is completely new, not from children :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Darkslayer well said! If only someone at EA with any sway would read and act instead of acting like they don't know why people are upset with them and making up excuses to paint their customers as unreasonable. You know-actually showing player first rather than it being lip service.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

1. The stickied thread.

I noticed that two of the pieces on the toddler were from OR, the hat, and from CK or GTW, since I'm pretty sure that the hair the toddler's wearing is a modified version of the long adult male hairstyle that Dekay has on his avatar, or the female hairstyle with the pointed ends at the bottom. And if you can look at the guy's hands between the fingers, the overalls were also modified from the base game children's CAS full body outfit, where they cut made the overalls into shorts rather than just ripping it from CAS directly without any modifications. With regards to the ideas thread, I feel like they would have the toddlers done to TS3's point of base game toddlers, but want to get more ideas from the fan base to see which things the entire community would want. And SimGuruDrake is very adamant in getting people who don't want toddlers out of that thread.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »
    Yep. I don't think you will ever see toddlers. This "Sims" game was designed to be played on tablets. Specifically aimed at a young audience. Work, party, get up, work, party, get up, work, party, get up, work, party...Ya get my drift? No family game play. No story progression. Story progression (and that includes toddlers) would require an attention span longer than 2 minutes. Work, party, get up, work, party, get up...oops I forgot: work, GET TOGETHER, text, get up...Pure fluff. The single most shallow (Lord forgive me) "Sims" game ever. I feel nauseous.

2yudf0w.png

This photo, what animation is the Sim on the right doing, because I have never seen that once in my gameplay, and I want to know what triggers it, besides obviously being sad.

I believe it's the "conforting" interaction or "cheering up".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

1. The stickied thread.

100% agree with this ^^ :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    no...babies are not in buydebug in Sims3

Babies in TS3 were actual sims with their own UI thingy etc.

Though in TS2 I believe they were considered objects, not entirely sure, and were still far better than the things in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

1. The stickied thread.

Remember that time they announced GT and after about 4 months they released the EP....? Why would this time be any different and mean they are working on something "big"? GT sure took it's time as well and look at how that turned out....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am kind of hoping that they won't put toddlers in the game (I know, I know..everyone wants it...) at least not as a patch, but more as an EP or something. I always found toddlers boring and just wanted kids to be teenagers already, so I can work with them. :#
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    If they don't give us toddlers back, they should flesh out the children more. Like more Cas stuff, more stuff to do. I like al ages, but I always found it lacking that toddlers and children had only a couple of hair styles and little to do compared to other ages.
    I also think EA would make a mistake if they didn't give their customers toddlers back. A lot of people will leave the sims 4 and the sales will drop.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Kaantje wrote: »
    If they don't give us toddlers back, they should flesh out the children more. Like more Cas stuff, more stuff to do. I like al ages, but I always found it lacking that toddlers and children had only a couple of hair styles and little to do compared to other ages.
    I also think EA would make a mistake if they didn't give their customers toddlers back. A lot of people will leave the sims 4 and the sales will drop.

I hope so, it would be nice to have toddlers back, but that is if EA decides to bring them back to us, we've all been loyal to them, I sure hope they bring back the toddlers.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Kaantje wrote: »

Personally, for me, there is no compromise. Toddlers can go perfectly fine together with them fleshing out children more. (and teens and the other ages too).