Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander Crest Legacy // Update October 26

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I'm just giving you all heads up! This was the last chapter I had laying ready to post. Not sure yet, but this story might go on hiatus until less busier times. I hope for your understanding <3

Yes, why not? It's not hard to understand that :) We all are more or less busy and we need the inspiration to write. All will be ok ;) Thanks for the newest chapter. I am glad that all is going well again, happy to see Ashley and Jade together as friends again :)
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I'm just giving you all heads up! This was the last chapter I had laying ready to post. Not sure yet, but this story might go on hiatus until less busier times. I hope for your understanding <3

We understand and will wait patiently :blush:
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Thanks for this chapter and for the warning! I will be waiting too :)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member

Yes, why not? It's not hard to understand that :) We all are more or less busy and we need the inspiration to write. All will be ok ;) Thanks for the newest chapter. I am glad that all is going well again, happy to see Ashley and Jade together as friends again :)

We understand and will wait patiently :blush:
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Thanks for this chapter and for the warning! I will be waiting too :)

Thanks guys <3
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I just re-read everything! I am so in love with this story. Ashley is so beautiful :love:

I am really glad that Ashley and Jade made amends. I really liked her before her little secret with Jaoquin :wink: Let's just hope that is friendly talk going on the basement and not something else.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Welcome! You have stumbled upon my new challenge, the Highlander Crest challenge. Where one Sim will have to live for ten generations straight. I have changed certain rules to fit my play style, but if you'd like to read the original rules click here.
    If you'd like to read more of me, here's the link to my BuildNewcrest Legacy!

Also! In this story I will use an amazing mansion, created by the super sweet and talented @sashraf. My request was accepted by the D.N.A. request team and within a little more than a month this beauty was created.

29_2_16_15_40_45.png

I hope you enjoy reading!

Table of contents:
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 9
    Chapter 10
    Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16
    Chapter 17
    Chapter 18

I LOVE it when there is a table of contents ... I get too lost when I try just to nav it thru the thread :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Kamio wrote: »
    I just re-read everything! I am so in love with this story. Ashley is so beautiful :love:

I am really glad that Ashley and Jade made amends. I really liked her before her little secret with Jaoquin :wink: Let's just hope that is friendly talk going on the basement and not something else.

@Kamio Thank you so much! That means a lot to me <3

Joaquin and Jade's bar actually shocked me, when I moved him in I saw they had a romantic relationship. So I had to add that in the story :lol:
    Joaquin used the "Ask to be just friends" action, so they're fine ;)
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I LOVE it when there is a table of contents ... I get too lost when I try just to nav it thru the thread :)

@lisabee2 Lol! Glad it'll help you! :)
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Reread! It all makes sense :) I love it :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Reread! It all makes sense :) I love it :)

Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    Chapter 6

4_4_16_16_39_28.png

As I reached the Von Houten estate, I could already hear the dj-boot up front. Neat, there actually was a party. Upon approaching the back of the house, the first thing that caught my attention was a girl dressed in a neon-yellow top. She had been in the Blue Velvet as well and was now giving Windenburg all she got dropping really, really low.

4_4_16_16_38_52.png

I approached her and joined her in her dancing. Soon enough she noticed me and waved. "Hi! My name's Jade!" She introduced herself with a heavy Portuguese accent. I gave her a friendly smile. "Ashley." Was my response, at which she giggles. "I believe my friend told me about you, you were in the Blue Velvet, no?"

4_4_16_16_42_38.png

Still shuffling awkwardly I plum my head at her. "Your friend?" I ask embarrassed, were there gossips going around about me. "Marcus." She clarifies. "He told us you were very.. Passionate! He made me a little curious." The last few words were represented with a wink, but the compliment slipped by unnoticed. "He told us?" I ask offended. Jade shakes her head. "Ashley, it's nothing to be embarrassed about." She tried to comfort me. "I'm really open minded, don't worry."

4_4_16_16_43_40.png

The friendly smile she carried on her face, slightly comforted me. "I already thought it wasn't your regular cup of tea." The fact that she used to expression wrong amused me. "It's not like I never had a one-night-stand before." I defended myself, at which she shook her head laughing. "I believe you, don't worry. But you dislike people talking about it." She hit the nail on the head. "Well, yes. Aren't those like unwritten rules?" I asked, making her laugh once again. "Everyone has their own unwritten rules, don't eat yourself up to much over what Marcus said. He's not that important anyway. Throw your head back, and relax."

4_4_16_16_42_03.png

And I did, softly my head arched back. Taking deep breaths. I wasn't really a dancer, but Jade encouraged me to try some moves. I actually had fun tonight, and I didn't even start it with a litre of alcoholic drinks flowing through my veins. Jade was a fun person to hang out with, she kissed my cheeks, took a lot of selfies, wrote her number on my hand. But most of all she danced with me. And I danced with her.

4_4_16_16_45_24.png

As the night was coming to an end, Jade excused herself to go to the bathroom. A year ago I would've followed her and gossiped about dateable boys while she was in the stall. But now I retreated myself to the platform that had a view on the maze. It was really big and misty now that it was night. I placed my hand on the railing as I bend over to search for the correct path to follow.

4_4_16_16_47_00.png

"That maze.. Is quite impressive, isn't it?" I nearly fell over the balustrade as a deep male voice erupted from behind me. With a quick spin I learned it belonged to Eric, my neighbour. He was one of the last persons I expected to see here. "It is.." I responded, a little uncomfortable. He circled around me until he reached the side of the easel. "Walking in it, it's really an unique experience." He added, after which he raised his hand. "You lived around here, right? Ever went in?"

4_4_16_16_47_23.png

"No." I answered, shaking my head. "Never." Eric stared over the maze as he responded. "Such a shame, it is truly an amazing experience." Before I know it, his eyes crossed mine. "Shall we go in?" He asked, even thought it didn't really sound like a question. The man whom I have had such a friendly conversation with, was now discomforting me. "I'll pass." I said, straightening my shoulders. Just then I hear a husky voice with a heavy accent call out my name. "Ashley!" Jade waved from the bar. Gesturing at the second drink she holds. "I got to go." I excused myself to Eric, before making way to Jade.

4_4_16_16_50_08.png

LOL I have never seen him as creepy before but UGH!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Chapter 9

25_4_16_16_18_01.png

"Eric?" I titled my head as I saw the tall man stand on the other side of the park. I had never thought I'd run into him when I left to explorer Willow Creek this morning. I just entered at the edge of the park when I noticed him, he seemed like he was about to make his leave. Was he here with his family? The thought made me cringe.

"Ashley!" He finally responded as he hurried over to me, right after checking his surroundings.

25_4_16_16_19_06.png

As he finally stood in front of me, I embraced him in an impulse. For a second he returned the gesture, before pushing me away and making a quick 360 of his surroundings again. "What's wrong?" I ask, as he seemed to distance himself from me. After... THAT night, we hadn't seen each other. And I still hadn't figured out what I thought of the whole situation either. "We're in public." Eric hissed trough his teeth, waking me up from my thought-train. "What?" I asked confused, not entirely sure what to do with this information.

25_4_16_16_16_53.png

Slowly he came closer. "Public, Ashley. I'm a married man, remember?" The last few words came out pretty loud, and I couldn't ignore the fact that people were staring at me. It hurt, yet I wasn't sure whether it hurt my feelings or my pride. "Eric..." I started, but my brain was numb. I didn't know what to say at his remark.

25_4_16_16_13_56.png

"I need you to go home, Ashley." He then said, his face still pretty close to mine. "Excuse me?" I said, slightly annoyed. "This is a public park, you can't send me away." His hand quickly brushed mine, something one wouldn't notice unless they were intensely staring. "I'll meet you there." He whispered as his expression softened. And with that I turned away form him and walked home. My body moved separately from my mind, which told me to stay and tell him the truth.

25_4_16_16_23_56.png

Upon arriving home, Eric was already waiting in my door opening. He definitely knew a route faster than mine, judging on the way he was playing with his phone as I came closer. My flip-flop made a 'clack' sound on the stairs that made him lift his head. "In." He ushered as he turned around and opened my door. How the plum did he open my door? My hand went to my belt, where I had tucked my key this morning. Gone, I realised at the moment that Eric threw the key on the tiny table in the hallway. I couldn't see his face, but I was sure he was smirking.

29_4_16_20_47_13.png

The entire way to the living room, Eric walked in front of me. Not once looking back. In front of the couch he stopped and turned around. "Eric, what does this all me-?" I couldn't finish my sentence as he pressed his lips on mine, dropping us gently on the couch. Eagerly I accepted the gesture, answering his kiss. Only stopping to catch my breath. I don't know how he did it, but the man had cast a spell on me.

29_4_16_20_49_12.png

"Ashley." He said in a breath pause, softly pulling away a little further. The games he played with me made my heart race. I had never been the type that wanted what she couldn't have, but with every reject Eric threw at me I was eager for his words. "We can do this, you know." He whispered. "Do what?" I teased, I still wasn't sure what to think of him. But the adrenaline rush I got from being with him, being with a married man, was addicting. His marriage was unhappy, Alice was probably sleeping around too, right? "No one has to know." He whispered again.

29_4_16_20_48_18.png

On a whim he pushed his lips on mine once again. I didn't need to love Eric to be with him. I've been with a lot of guys who I didn't love. I would be with Eric for the kick I got out of it. For forgetting the mess I was in, he would die and I would still live after all. It wouldn't be that big of a part in my life. Besides, he seemed to know more about the house. It couldn't hurt keeping him around for information.

29_4_16_20_50_42.png

"How about, we take his upstairs?" I asked playfully, giving his hand a soft squeeze. Oh how eagerly he accepted.

wow rough landing coming I think
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Chapter 10

My life became a routine.

29_4_16_20_54_08.png

Eris stops by every moment he's able to. Little did I know he has a lot of those, this fling is more of a commitment I thought it would be.
    He comes to my house, we talk, mess around, go to bed. Usually I wake up alone.
    But Alice is visiting an old friend somewhere far away.
    Olivia came with her.
    Eric stayed at home. My home.

29_4_16_20_58_31.png

He had departed down stairs only minutes before I threw my legs over the edge of the bed. During his stay, he had woken up to make breakfast on several occasions. During that time I'd hop in the shower. Before that I had taken a quick glance in the mirror at myself, when would I tell him?
    I never liked showering, it gives you too much time to think.
    As the water softly burned my skin, I pondered. This evening Alice would come home, it would be now or never. I had gotten quite attached to Eric, it probably wasn't love though. And that made everything so much harder.

29_4_16_21_00_42.png

"Good morning." I wasn't surprised to see Eric still in his nightwear, we hadn't left the house and that gave him the opportunity to stay comfortable. "Morning" He greeted back, before turning around. "How did you sleep." I plum my head. "So-so." I said, it wasn't a lie. I pondered too much. "You ponder too much." Eric knew that too.

29_4_16_20_59_43.png

"What is it that you ponder about so much, Ashley? You haven't been quite the same the last few days." My bottom lip started quivering. Deep breaths, Ashley. I told myself. "Eric." I said in a more serious tone. "How bad... Is your relationship with Alice, exactly?" The way he lift up his head ran shivers down my spine. He definitely had a talent for giving of bad vibes. "I don't love her, Ashley. But I love Olivia, so I stay with her." He said in a monotone voice. "You can't let a kid grow up without a father."

29_4_16_21_01_01.png

"In all occasions?" I asked, at which he removed his hands from the food. "What kind of question is that?" I shook my head. "I'm pregnant, Eric." As I spoke the words a single tear rolled down my cheek. "There is going to be a baby." His eyes turned wide in surprise, but without saying a single word he turned back to the bowl. It took me a minute to realise he wasn't going to answer me. "It's yours."

29_4_16_21_01_44.png

The words made him snap. "Of course it's mine, whose else would it be." He spit. "I can't deal with it, I can't deal with you." He added. "Excuse me? As far as I remember it's not my fault." I said, narrowing my eyes. "You didn't want to use.." But he didn't let me finish my sentence. "I'm not leaving Alice for this, if that's what you're suggesting."

29_4_16_21_02_26.png

"Are you serious?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Like, for real? You literally just said.." He shouted right through my sentence. "I KNOW what I said! But this child is NOT coming." His following sentence made my heart stop. "What?" Eric was filled with rage. "You are getting it out, Ashley." I shook my head. "No." I whispered. "The only thing I'm getting out is, YOU!" My finger pointed to the door. "Go away. Go Fplum Alice!"

29_4_16_21_02_47.png

"Sit down." He ordered me, but the only movement I made was crossing my arms. "Why would I?" Slowly Eric made himself broad. "Sit down, or I'll make sure that baby won't come myself!" I shook my head as I made my way to the bar. I listened to every footstep I heard behind me . "If you do anything to me, I'll expose our affaire." I whispered, just loud enough for him to hear.

29_4_16_21_06_47.png

"Enlighten me why I wouldn't kick you out right now?" I ask as soon as we're both seated. "This baby can't come, Ashley." He hissed. "I can't leave Alice, Olivia needs both her parents." I shook my head. "Unlike you, I don't think a child needs both his parents. I have none and I'm doing fine." My throat burned as I spoke the words. "And believe me as I say this child is better off with no father than with you."

29_4_16_21_16_10.png

"And now I'm going to tell you one more time to leave." I spoke, making him stand up. "You are making a big mistake, Ashley." He whispered, making me arch an eyebrow. "Is that a threat? Because I can do that too." I hissed. "Go away, stay away. Don't ever come near me or my house again. Because if you do, I'll tell the entire world about us. Starting with Olivia." He gave me a quick nod. "Then we have a mutual understanding. Don't ever seek contact with me ever again." He hissed through his teeth, but I only smirked. "Oh, but Eric. You'll need my bank-account for the child support." He didn't answer, simply left the room.

29_4_16_21_07_38.png

I sat in silence as I heard him go upstairs, to change. Within five minutes he was gone. My hand went to my mouth as I started sobbing. What did I expect? Him to be happy? Leave his family? Marry me? That wasn't what I wanted, I didn't love Eric. Never had. And now I was stuck with the mess.

:(
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Chapter 14

2-6-16_14-11-41.png

It was late, and I was dead tired. Yet I couldn't resist to make a left at the stairs, away from the master bedroom and towards the spare ones. It had been a month since Joaquin moved in and he was the best roomie a girl could ask for. Friendly, funny, handsome. And he cooked! Some days I would sneak into his room, and sometimes the feelings we harboured for each other influenced our behaviour. I hope it would today as well, I could use a cuddle.

2-6-16_14-12-37.png

After a quick knock, Joaquin called me in. My face hid behind my hair as I entered. "Hello, Ashley. Are you here for the rent?" He teased, at which I giggled like a little schoolgirl. "No, I came to hear that everything was alright." I gushed, at which he laughed. "Not to check?" He asked, at which I shook my head. "No, to hear. I know everything is alright. No one adores this house as much as you!" At this Joaquin laughed. "True, true." He said as I sat beside him.

2-6-16_14-13-55.png

"So what's the real reason you came visit me?" Joaquin blurted out, awakening me from my daydreaming at the sight of his light green eyes. "Just to be with you." He arched an eyebrow. Lately I had been more forwards with my feelings towards him, yet he seemed cautious. Jade must have been right about him liking me from the start, almost as if he felt led on. "You wanted to be with me? I can't imagine!"

2-6-16_14-15-22.png

Yet the last few days I felt like I found my old self back, like the pregnancy hormones laid off a bit. "Well, maybe if you knew how cute you are you would." I purred, making him silent once again. He mumbled some incomplete sentences before I shoved closer. "I like you, Joaquin." I whispered in his ear, making him stiffen. And just for a fraction of a second I was ready for a rejection.

2-6-16_14-22-24.png

But then his lips caught mine, he seemed hungry for my affection. As we caught our breath his eyes shined. "Jade was right." I giggled, yet his naughty eyes turned more serious. "Jade was right about what?" He asked as he distanced himself. "What? About you liking me!" I said, confused by his actions. "She basically told me the first time you met." At this his expression softened. "So you kissed me for me, and not to make fun of me?" His voice sounded insecure, confusing me. "No, of course not! Jade encouraged me to make a move!"

2-6-16_14-13-04.png

"I never thought she would." Joaquin said. "Ashley, Jade made a move on me the day I met her." For a second I didn't understand what he said. "What?" I asked. "She told me you had a crush on... And we were drunk. After we left Jade and I." As he saw my expression hardening it was clear he rethought his words. "It was a one-time thing." He promised. "I can't believe Jade never told me!" Softly he squeezed my hand. "What matters is that I like you, Ashley." As he said so my expression softened. Jade could be dealt with later.

2-6-16_14-20-01.png

Right now was about Joaquin and me. "You're not mad at me are you?" He asked, as he softly pulled me closer. "No, not at you. You didn't know." I said, losing myself in his arms. "But I'll have to talk with Jade about this." Softly he kissed my cheek. "I understand." He supported me. These were the times he showed me the side that liked me for me. Where he became the Joaquin that wanted to impress me with flattery. And it made me a different Ashley.

2-6-16_14-18-28.png

He made me less selfish, less plum, less arrogant. He made me the person I wish I always could be.

Awesome
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I just read the whole thing! I kinda don't want Joaquin and Ashley to be together. I kinda ship her with Jade! :D
  • Options
    I just read the whole thing! I kinda don't want Joaquin and Ashley to be together. I kinda ship her with Jade! :D

@TheGeekGamez Awesome! Thank you so very very much for reading&commenting, I really appreciate it <3
    I love the idea of Ashley and Jade, they sure have a 'bromance' going on :lol: