Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander Crest Legacy // Update October 26

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It's great to have such friend like Jade, I'd like to have such friend myself <3 I hope Ashley will change her mind and will decide to stay with Joaquin.
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I hope Ashley really think about Jade's advices :)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I loved being a fly on that gym wall for the girl talk :D. It felt just like howni would talk to my girlfriends.

Thank you so much, I really love writing their friendship :blush:
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    OMG, Joaquin is a very very lucky guy <3 (and so is the baby)!!

Yes he is! <3
    It's great to have such friend like Jade, I'd like to have such friend myself <3 I hope Ashley will change her mind and will decide to stay with Joaquin.

You'll probably find them some time unexpected. am sure of it! Meanwhile you can enjoy theirs :lol:
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I hope Ashley really think about Jade's advices :)

Yes she should definitely do so!

• Options
    Chapter 13

2-6-16_13-28-51.png

The flames briefly licked my face before I jumped back. "Holy plum!" I cursed, as I watched my stove slowly erupt in flames. Just a second ago I was making myself some eggs, what the plum did I do to make the stove catch fire? After the first shock was gone and the danger sank in I became rational again. "Fire extinguisher." I mumbled, I knew I saw it somewhere but this house was huge. They should've placed one in every room.

2-6-16_13-30-10.png

I found it, I don't know when I did or where I did, but I found it. The wood from the counter also caught fire and was crumbling to pieces when I finally managed to put the fire out. I slowly put the extinguisher on the ground, getting closer one step at the time. I was irrationally afraid that the fire would spontaneously start again. That was a thing right, due high temperature?

2-6-16_13-35-16.png

As I had deemed myself safe in the hallway, I pulled my phone out. "Joaquin?" I felt my bottom lip quivering as he finally answered me. "There was a fire and I...." One tear fell down my cheek. "I really can't be alone right now." I whispered. "Calm down, Ashley. First things first." Joaquin hushed me, clearly hiding the panic in his voice. "Is the fire out now?" I softly nodded. "Yes." I confirmed, a breath of relieve followed from the other side of the horn. "I'll be on my way, Ashley. Stay put." I nodded once again before ending the call. The thought of Joaquin being on his way calmed me.

2-6-16_13-43-28.png

"Do you feel better now?" Joaquin asked. We had been talking a little about what happened and called the insurance company together. "Yes, I think I do." I answered, slightly smiling. "Thanks for showing up." His laugh made my stomach turn, or maybe it was the baby. However the thought of him leaving me alone later this day scared me. "Joaquin, I really don't want to be alone anymore." I whined, at which he softly rubbed my back. "You just killed a fire on your own!" He exclaimed. "You have nothing to be afraid of." I took a deep breath, the compliment comforted me. It was true, I extinguished the fire all by myself. Pregnant and all!

2-6-16_13-41-49.png

Yet I wanted him to stay, maybe even for my own selfish reasons. "I don't suppose you'll be willing to move in with me?" It was out before I was done choosing words. Joaquin softly leaned his arm on his leg. He was clearly pondering, no unclearness in my request for him to question. "Gosh, Ashley." He finally brought out. "I'm alone, Joaquin. I live alone in a huge mansion. Plenty of spare room." I stated, after which I unconsciously brought my hand towards my belly. "Ash." He pleaded. "Just for now?" I asked, softly arching my back. "Just in case."

2-6-16_13-42-30.png

Joaquin gave in, I saw it written on his face before he spoke the words. "If that makes you feel better, I'll do it." He said, making me smile. "I really, really appreciate it." The words came straight out of my heart. As he saw the enthusiasm on my face, he lit up as well. "Darn, you really tricked me into that one!" He said, at which I laughed. "No tricking! I just really love having you here." Joaquin gave me an honest smile, which made any kind of guilt I had for making him stay fade away. "You can even choose what room you want!"

2-6-16_13-49-59.png

I promised to make him something nice, preferably a salad which didn't involve the stove, as sign of my gratitude. After a quick hug I stood up to make my way to the kitchen, humming to myself. Joaquin told me he'd join me in a few minutes, but the words barely came through to me. I was so joyful that he would accompany me, somewhere between my life being changed into a soapy and this exact moment I realised that he was the person I didn't want to live without.
  • Options
    Great chapter! <3 I'm glad for Ashley, she made a right decision :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Great chapter! <3 I'm glad for Ashley, she made a right decision :)

Thank you! I think she did too :)
    Well done Ashley! ;)

Yes, well done indeed :blush:
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    I read the first chapter and then I waited for more, but the moment I started to read more stories, a load updates came out of nowhere! Now I feel bad about leaving this story for a bit. :'(
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    I read the first chapter and then I waited for more, but the moment I started to read more stories, a load updates came out of nowhere! Now I feel bad about leaving this story for a bit. :'(

Glad you caught up! You shouldn't feel bad, though. You can read whenever you want to, that's where the story is for :)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Awe Sweet J is moving on in!! <3 I bet you the only room he wants is the one Ashley sleeps in ;)
  • Options
    Awe Sweet J is moving on in!! <3 I bet you the only room he wants is the one Ashley sleeps in ;)

Of course I would move him in, look at his adorable face! :lol:
  • Options
    Chapter 14

2-6-16_14-11-41.png

It was late, and I was dead tired. Yet I couldn't resist to make a left at the stairs, away from the master bedroom and towards the spare ones. It had been a month since Joaquin moved in and he was the best roomie a girl could ask for. Friendly, funny, handsome. And he cooked! Some days I would sneak into his room, and sometimes the feelings we harboured for each other influenced our behaviour. I hope it would today as well, I could use a cuddle.

2-6-16_14-12-37.png

After a quick knock, Joaquin called me in. My face hid behind my hair as I entered. "Hello, Ashley. Are you here for the rent?" He teased, at which I giggled like a little schoolgirl. "No, I came to hear that everything was alright." I gushed, at which he laughed. "Not to check?" He asked, at which I shook my head. "No, to hear. I know everything is alright. No one adores this house as much as you!" At this Joaquin laughed. "True, true." He said as I sat beside him.

2-6-16_14-13-55.png

"So what's the real reason you came visit me?" Joaquin blurted out, awakening me from my daydreaming at the sight of his light green eyes. "Just to be with you." He arched an eyebrow. Lately I had been more forwards with my feelings towards him, yet he seemed cautious. Jade must have been right about him liking me from the start, almost as if he felt led on. "You wanted to be with me? I can't imagine!"

2-6-16_14-15-22.png

Yet the last few days I felt like I found my old self back, like the pregnancy hormones laid off a bit. "Well, maybe if you knew how cute you are you would." I purred, making him silent once again. He mumbled some incomplete sentences before I shoved closer. "I like you, Joaquin." I whispered in his ear, making him stiffen. And just for a fraction of a second I was ready for a rejection.

2-6-16_14-22-24.png

But then his lips caught mine, he seemed hungry for my affection. As we caught our breath his eyes shined. "Jade was right." I giggled, yet his naughty eyes turned more serious. "Jade was right about what?" He asked as he distanced himself. "What? About you liking me!" I said, confused by his actions. "She basically told me the first time you met." At this his expression softened. "So you kissed me for me, and not to make fun of me?" His voice sounded insecure, confusing me. "No, of course not! Jade encouraged me to make a move!"

2-6-16_14-13-04.png

"I never thought she would." Joaquin said. "Ashley, Jade made a move on me the day I met her." For a second I didn't understand what he said. "What?" I asked. "She told me you had a crush on... And we were drunk. After we left Jade and I." As he saw my expression hardening it was clear he rethought his words. "It was a one-time thing." He promised. "I can't believe Jade never told me!" Softly he squeezed my hand. "What matters is that I like you, Ashley." As he said so my expression softened. Jade could be dealt with later.

2-6-16_14-20-01.png

Right now was about Joaquin and me. "You're not mad at me are you?" He asked, as he softly pulled me closer. "No, not at you. You didn't know." I said, losing myself in his arms. "But I'll have to talk with Jade about this." Softly he kissed my cheek. "I understand." He supported me. These were the times he showed me the side that liked me for me. Where he became the Joaquin that wanted to impress me with flattery. And it made me a different Ashley.

2-6-16_14-18-28.png

He made me less selfish, less cocky, less arrogant. He made me the person I wish I always could be.
  • Options
    Oh, it was a surprise for me, I mean Jade :/ So I was wrong she wasn't sincere with Ashley as I thought before... But in fact it's not important, it's most important that Ashley and Joaquin are together now ;)
  • Options
    Oh, it was a surprise for me, I mean Jade :/ So I was wrong she wasn't sincere with Ashley as I thought before... But in fact it's not important, it's most important that Ashley and Joaquin are together now ;)

When I moved Joaquin in, I noticed they had a pink bar! I was totally stunned! I guess she had us all fooled. We will hear her side in the future, though ;)
  • Options

When I moved Joaquin in, I noticed they had a pink bar! I was totally stunned! I guess she had us all fooled. We will hear her side in the future, though ;)

Jade is wife of my scientist Onyx and she has romantic interest even with 2 men behind his back :D
  • Options
    Wow :o But it's not really a surprise, we all know Jade from other saves...lol ;)
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Aww...
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    This was such a sweet chapter. I loved it!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options

Jade is wife of my scientist Onyx and she has romantic interest even with 2 men behind his back :D

LOL! :lol:
    Wow :o But it's not really a surprise, we all know Jade from other saves...lol ;)

I was surprised, though! They had a pink bar and I had no idea :lol:
    Aww...

<3
    swcheppes wrote: »
    This was such a sweet chapter. I loved it!

Thank you so much! <3
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh J you are such a darling one!! A cook and a cuddler, and a clown??!! That's a triple threat no wonder he is swoon worthy <3
  • Options
    Oh J you are such a darling one!! A cook and a cuddler, and a clown??!! That's a triple threat no wonder he is swoon worthy <3

J, the perfect sim! :love::lol:
  • Options
    Chapter 15

2-6-16_13-38-19.png

I watched Jade as she entered my ground, her facial expression was already serious. By my phone call she must have understood this wouldn't be our usual girly-girl meet-up. As she entered the front door I threw my thumb over my shoulder. "I'm eating at the kitchen table." She nodded and went ahead in front of me. As I sat down and continued eating the freshly grilled hotdog her eyes burned on my neck. "Talk to me, Ashley."

2-6-16_13-52-44.png

"I wish you had done so to me." I threw back, at which she stiffened. "What do you mean?" I laughed once. "Ha! You could have just told me you digged my boyfriend from the beginning." Joaquin and I started dating a few days ago, but I couldn't continue this puppet-play with Jade. I needed to hear what happened from her. "Your boy... Joaquin?" She asked. "Yes, Joaquin. He's into you Ashley, you should date him!" I mimicked her voice as she grew more and silent. "Why would you tell me he likes me if you want him for yourself!"

2-6-16_13-53-19.png

"I thought you wasn't interested in him, Ashley! You were bragging about another man!" She said, and it wasn't the answer I had hoped for. "So it's okay to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 the man I just introduced you too!" She shook her head. "We were drunk, it was only that one time." I 🐸🐸🐸🐸 my head. "Yet after that you couldn't stop talking about how much he likes ME. Am I only good enough for your leftovers, Jade?" She sucked her bottom lip in before speaking again. "Of course not, but you weren't interested in him at that moment. Should I ask your permission for every man I sleep with?"

2-6-16_13-54-32.png

"You didn't even tell me Jade, I just had to figure it out all by myself. And if you aren't going to apologize, you better leave." I didn't expect her to actually stand up and leave. "I have nothing to apologize for, Ashley." She said with a pained face, before walking away. "I hope the two of you will be happy together." With that she left.

2-6-16_13-54-58.png

I couldn't stop the tears from coming, they were dominating my face before I even noticed. "Plum." I whispered as I realised what I might've just lost. Conflicted I rubbed away the waterworks, leaving mascara stains on my wrist and face. I wanted her to apologize, but I didn't want to lose her over it. Yet there seemed to only be one option.
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    I missed this it's been so long
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    I missed this it's been so long

Super sorry! My legacy has been my main priority for a while! But I will continue this! :)
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    @Sterretjeee Oh I wasn't guilt tripping you I was just excited it was back that's all. You do what's best for your creative mind!