Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander Crest Legacy // Update October 26

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee Oh I wasn't guilt tripping you I was just excited it was back that's all. You do what's best for your creative mind!

Don't worry! Comments like that flatter me as well as making me feel guilty! Glad you love the story and thanks for reading! <3
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Yes, I'm caught up too and happy you are back. But if your heart is not in it anymore, don't push yourself. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, how I missed this story! :) It was so good to read it again <3 Well, I think it was very awkward conversation... :/
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm caught up too and happy you are back. But if your heart is not in it anymore, don't push yourself. ;)

@Maladi777 It's definitely still in my heart! The Graces (and real life) just are more. Maybe I'll put on hold until I have more time on my hands :)
    Oh, how I missed this story! :) It was so good to read it again <3 Well, I think it was very awkward conversation... :/

@roseinblack69 Thank you so much!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Poor Ashley. :(

@anaitapeva Poor Ashley indeed!

• Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Omg, it is so so hard to lose a friend especially over a guy but...this was a conversation that needed to be shared I believe. Ugh so hard - but thanks so much for the update I missed this story.
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Omg, it is so so hard to lose a friend especially over a guy but...this was a conversation that needed to be shared I believe. Ugh so hard - but thanks so much for the update I missed this story.

It definitely had to happen! Also you are very welcome! Thanks for reading <3
  • Options
    Chapter 16

2_6_16_13_20_10.png

The last couple days had been awfully quiet. Joaquin and I were exploring our feelings for each other as couple. We were pretty fast in that. He slept in my bed, moved more of his stuff here and decided to move in here permanently within a short period of time. My stomach was his big point of attention and he continuously rubbed and caressed it. It soothed me for the life the child would have.

2_6_16_14_33_35.png

Jameson would make us both breakfast before he left for his minimum waged entertainment career. Together we would start the day eating whatever he prepared that morning. The flirting never stopped.
    And I adored it, I adored him. I adored being with someone I truly loved.

6_6_16_16_41_41.png

He encouraged me to develop myself, to be the mother I wanted to be for this child. Because of that I picked up several hobbies. Reading, chess... I even searched for a job in between, nothing had really grabbed my attention yet but Joaquin reassured me every day it did would come.

We often accompanied each other in the study. He practicing his guitar play as I read another novel from one of my favourite authors.

6_6_16_16_42_43.png

He would tuck me in on the couch after a long day of 'development' as he called it, sometimes stroking my hair until I was fast asleep. It were these moments that I cherished so much. Which made me feel truly at home at this foreign mansion that forced itself in my life.

In my development I didn't fail to research more about the weird situation I was so rudely thrown in.

And someday I would tell Joaquin about it, spouses were allowed to know after all.

2_6_16_14_36_24.png

Yet now he was my boyfriend, and not eligible to know.

And I used that time to my advantage, discovering every nook and cranny the house had to offer.
    I don't think I ever heard him complain, though.

2_6_16_13_21_38.png

I was really thankful for him, he inspired me to be the mother I had envisioned for this child.

More and more often I found myself sitting on the couch in the master-nursery, yes this ridiculous mansion had a master-nursery. The pink colour scheme sometimes made me regret my choice to not be told the gender, but I knew that with my budget it wouldn't be a problem to turn it into a boy-eligible room.
    I would love the child nevertheless.
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    How do you tell someone you're going to die without me? Not just a couple of years I'm talking a century or two. Glad I don't have to have THAT conversation. To bad for Ashley though.
  • Options
    Yeah, Ashley and Joaquin will be a great couple, he's that person she needed <3
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
  • Options
    How do you tell someone you're going to die without me? Not just a couple of years I'm talking a century or two. Glad I don't have to have THAT conversation. To bad for Ashley though.

You have eye for details! Glad you caught the less-happier detail in this happy chapter! Ashley sure will have to come up with a good story!
    Yeah, Ashley and Joaquin will be a great couple, he's that person she needed <3

They are just too cute together <3
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    They are a very cute couple ;)

Aren't they! <3
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    Finally I caught up again. I am happy that things with Joaquin are running this good :)

Glad you caught up! They sure are adorable together <3
  • Options
    Oh my! Those two are so adorable together, I love Joaquins tenderness towards her <3
  • Options
    Oh my! Those two are so adorable together, I love Joaquins tenderness towards her <3

@VIRTUALEE Everyone is flipping adorable with Joaquin at their side :lol:
  • Options
    Chapter 17

6_6_16_16_57_50.png

I was puffing on the side of my bed, waiting for Joaquin to show up, meanwhile my contractions worsened. They had started only ten minutes ago and I was panicking already. It scared me that I knew the pain would get worse, the only soothing thought being that Joaquin was on his way from work. And that work was no longer than a fifteen minute drive.
    The second person I called was my midwife, she also was on her way. Yet Joaquin being here was more of a priority to me. I could always give birth in the hospital, but I needed Joaquin to feel safe.

6_6_16_16_58_27.png

"Joaquin!" I finally felt as if I could breathe again when he entered the room, before taking seat next to me. His hands laid on my shoulders as he pulled me closer. "I left the door open." He said, referring to the entrance for the woman who would help me give birth. "How are you feeling?" He then asked, as he rubbed my arm. "Better, I missed you." I said, as tears formed in my eyes from the following contractions. "Aahh.." Escaped my mouth, making Joaquin lift an eyebrow. "You aren't fooling me, Ashley. Now speak up." The boldness in which he spoke made him the Joaquin I knew so well.

6_6_16_16_58_53.png

Slowly I straightened my back. "I am serious, Joaquin. I need you here now." He gave me a sweet smile before his gaze turned to the hallway. Noises came from downstairs followed by a female voice calling out for me. "That's the midwife!" Joaquin said as he jumped from the bed. "I'll be right back." Were his words after he gave me a kiss. He disappeared from the room in an instant, only to come back with the woman who would deliver my child with me. "How many inches are we?" She asked.

6_6_16_17_10_35.png

I stared at the little girl in the crib, and her big brown eyes stared right back. She was perfect. Ten little toes and ten little fingers. An adorably cute nose and tiny soft lips. She had a little bit of hair on her tiny head, but it was barely visible. And if I laid my finger in her hand she grabbed it. She was perfect. And she was healthy. And most of all she was here.
    In nine months, a little les, I hadn't forgotten Eric's threats. And now that she was here these were no longer relevant. She had survived them, I had survived them. We had together.

6_6_16_17_10_07.png

I lifted her from her crib, and she nattered a little. Yet she didn't look displeased. As I pressed her tiny body against my chest I was overcome with a feeling of love and warmth. The tiny girl in my arms had stimulated me to change my life for the better. To take what was given to me rather than question it, even if that would be hard and challenging.

6_6_16_17_11_53.png

And it was. If anything in that letter was true, what it ought to be up until now, just like the mansion and fortune I got. Then I would outlive the precious baby in my arms. And it saddened me.
    Quickly I pushed those feelings aside, forcing all my attention back to the little girl in my arms. I wouldn't worry about that now, I would be there for her. Like she deserved.

6_6_16_17_15_30.png

"Joaquin!" I had heard him sneak up on me, but the gasp he let out convinced me he didn't know. "Geez, Ashley. Do you have a sixed sense or what?" I giggled at his remark. "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." I responded, putting the baby back in her crib. "How is she?" He asked, peeking over my shoulder. "Perfect. She's perfect." Was all I could respond. "Joaquin?" I then said, making him lay his hand on my shoulder. "Could you watch her for a bit?" Joaquin jokingly pushed me aside. "My precious!" He quoted.

6_6_16_17_17_58.png

"Of course I'll watch her." He then added, lifting her from the crib. "Is everything alright? You need to do a number two?" I laughed. "No, I need to call Jade." At this he grew silent. "I thought you were mad at her?" "And I think I was irrational. I didn't listen to her." Joaquin nodded. "I'm glad you won't hold grudges." He praised me, before lifting our baby up to eye height. "Me too."
  • Options
    Congrats to Ashley on a baby girl <3 I am glad seeing her happy and I hope she'll make it up with Jade, too ;) And... maybe they'll have one more baby soon? ;)
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    I see she's finally getting it how sucky this arrangement actually is. But all in all she has a daughter to take care of for the rest of the child's life from beginning to end not many parents can say that.
  • Options
    Congrats to Ashley on a baby girl <3 I am glad seeing her happy and I hope she'll make it up with Jade, too ;) And... maybe they'll have one more baby soon? ;)

She's such a cutie, I love their baby <3
    She's definitely cheering up as well, pregnancy hormones and all that jazz ;)
    I see she's finally getting it how sucky this arrangement actually is. But all in all she has a daughter to take care of for the rest of the child's life from beginning to end not many parents can say that.

Yes, she already wasn't all to happy with it, but now more disadvantages come to the surface.
    And she will love the baby all way through it <3
  • Options
    Beautiful girl - but...whats her name :) I cant wait to meet her little personality <3 Joaquin was a blessing wasnt he?
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I must have missed this update... I love this one.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Beautiful girl - but...whats her name :) I cant wait to meet her little personality <3 Joaquin was a blessing wasnt he?

Her name is still a secret :lol:
    @VIRTUALEE And Joaquin was the best that could ever happen to Ashley ;)
    I must have missed this update... I love this one.

@Spottydog714 Thank you <3
  • Options
    Chapter 18

6_6_16_17_36_27.png

I saw Jade entering my property from the kitchen window. Her pained expression made me feel even worse about my behaviour. As she reached the stairs I straightened my dress and walked to the door. We arrived at the same time.

The silence was painful, but I didn't know what to say. In my head this conversation had been so much easier.

6_6_16_17_39_56.png

For a minute I saw panic flickering in her eyes. "The baby..." She said, looking at my flat stomach. All that was left were some pounds. "Is healthy and sleeping." I reassured her. The concern she showed warmed my heart. Even when acting like a plum she still cared for me. "And I'd like you to meet her." At this she threw her arms around me, clenching to my body. "Are we okay?" She asked, almost pleading. "We are, but we still need to talk." I retorted. "But without pregnancy hormones and all."

6_6_16_17_41_14.png

I ushered Jade to enter the nursery first, following close behind. "It's really pretty." She complimented, and I didn't have the heart to tell her it came with the house.

As the crib caught her eyes, Jade became more quiet then I ever experienced. "Is that her?" She asked, as if I'd store a strange baby in my home. "She's beautiful!" Was the next sentence. "Normally al babies are so red and look like little gorilla's, but she doesn't." I took the statement as a compliment, before accompanying her at the crib.

6_6_16_17_41_58.png

"Jade, I want you to meet Flavie Mercurio." I said, once again presenting the crib to her. Jade got even more silent then before.

"You named her Flavie?" She asked, at which I smiled. "I know your original request was Flavia, but I..." Jade bend over the crib. "I can't believe you actually gave her my second name." She said, stroking the baby's cheek.

6_6_16_17_48_33.png

"I just really liked the name." I said, giving her a goofy smile. "You big sentimental plum!" She laughed, before covering her mouth. "I can say that, right? She doesn't pick it up yet, right?" I laughed. "No, Flavie's a newborn. But you should be careful because it won't be long until she does." Jade nodded giddily. "I'm going to make her first words auntie Jade." She laughed.

6_6_16_17_49_43.png

As Jade and I left the room to sit on a bench outside it, she turned to me. "Please let's address the... Elephant?" She started, unsure if she used the right words. "..in the room. The elephant in the room, yes." I filled her in laughing.

"I'm sorry." I added. "No, I am sorry. I shouldn't... You know." She said, eyeing the nursery. "It was wrong to try and pair you off with a boy I... You are worth more than my leftovers, you know." I laughed at her stuttering. "Really? I was unreasonable Jade! You were right, I was not interested in him then and shouldn't have acted like that."

6_6_16_17_50_19.png

Jade laughed. "We were both stupid." She said, at which I agreed. "Women!"
    Just then Joaquin came up the stairs. "It's good to see you not trying to kill each other anymore." He stated as he came closer to kiss my cheek. "Ashley, is it okay if I borrow Jade for a moment?" The question made my shoulders stiffen, even if Joaquin and I talked about it. Jade also gave me a confused gaze. "Well, sure." I said, squeezing his upper arm.

6_6_16_17_51_18.png

Jade gave me a kiss on my cheek as goodbye before standing up. "We'll call." She said, at which I responded with simple. "Yes." I then watched her go downstairs with Joaquin.

At the bottom of the stairs I heard them talk, but I didn't need to listen in to know what they were talking about. Joaquin told me he wanted to speak to Jade to make sure there were no feelings, no hard ones as well as no romantic ones. And I was confident and trusted them both enough to know that was they were talking about.
  • Options
    I'm just giving you all heads up! This was the last chapter I had laying ready to post. Not sure yet, but this story might go on hiatus until less busier times. I hope for your understanding <3