Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys sure that you really want toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

See, this is the problem right here. People THINK that toddlers don't have much to do because of the past games and they found them so boring. THE PROBLEM is that EA doesn't give them much to do.. only until they add expansion packs. I guess it's because Toddlers "normal" lifespan would be about 5 Sim Days, so they don't have "much time" to do things. But as a family player, I play on the longest span I can with Adjustments. I keep infants at 3 days, toddlers at about 10-15 days because I need time to teach them to walk, talk, potty-train, and for them to skill build with the skills they CAN learn.

They need to add a slider to the age system and allow us to set specific 'days' for each life-stage again like in Sims 3.

Now see, if EA would actually patch them, give them a game pack and a stuff pack, and you know .. Generations Expansion pack.. toddlers would have a lot more things to do. *Should* have a lot more to do.

Don't be silly! Of course, Toddlers can't do anything like you mentioned.. can toddlers get married in real life? Lol, no of course not. I think you're just being a bit ridiculous, so I'm not going to take this thread seriously.

However, I will tell you this. Toddlers do add game-play to Mine or any other family-player's game out there. So, it's going to ADD a lot of stuff for us when we do get toddlers. Teaching them to walk, talk, potty train, skills, peek-a-boo-, story time, feeding them in a high-chair, putting them in a rocking swing, (We need one of those for infants........ sadly.. they're tied to a bassient... EA, please. x_x)... Teaching them nursery rhyme's, being able to play with other toddlers, color, play with blocks, have a favorite toy, stuffed animal, favorite Cartoon Show, favorite family pet, being able to take away toys, bottles, etc from other toddlers. Fighting over toys, etc..

There is lots of things that toddlers can do. The Sims Free Play Is PROOF of that (I know it's from a different developer, but toddlers can have lots of stuff to do on a MOBILE game... PC is so much more expandable, so why not.). EA just needs to take lessons and actually provide us PC Simmers with similar options to allow toddlers a bit more 'freedom'/game-play.

I think it's naive to think that toddlers are limited. Toddlers could have so much potential and things to do, IF Ea would just do it. :) I have faith in Maxis. So, we'll see.

If toddlers don't return, which is a silly choice.... they could make so much money, if they released toddlers in a patch and then brought out a Stuff Pack and a Game Pack with clothing, toys, skills, interacting objects, hairstyles, accessories, etc for them and released a Generations Pack. Then I don't know.. it's going to hurt my play-style... A LOT.

I enjoy creating BIG families... and would love to see a brand new life-stage of Preteens since they've never been released in the Franchise before; and with toddlers and preteens, it would allow my family play-style to expand and would definitely help me enjoy families a whole lot more.

Toddlers? With POTENTIAL? I'm sorry, but I just wholeheartedly disagree with almost this whole post.

And you can have that opinion. And I can have mine. Enjoy your evening. :)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    WA IMHO was an EP that I could use as an adventure or a vacation point and I had fun with it. In Sims 4 yeah you got Retreat but it is dry as toast and very little fun. I got so bored with it I cancelled my Sims vacation and sent them home. Sims 4 has some hits and it has some misses but it will never give me the level of fun that was had with Sims 1 thru 3. Can Sims 4 improve, I say yes but it needs more features that add to the game and not items. SIms 4 has bugs just like the previous editions. Sure it can run but that is not enough and emotions is not doing it for me.
    I found Outdoor Retreat boring as well. I used it once and got bored before my household's first day of vacation was over.

I personally like the quests in WA, but there's still plenty to do in the pack without those quests. Tomb exploration, martial arts and challenges (if you go to Shang Simla), the markets. Not to mention those vacations worlds themselves are breathtakingly beautiful.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    I give OP at least 2 months before the SAME thread asking the SAME question, not understanding the SAME things they are not understanding in this opening post is made.

...and that they still won't have played the game by then.

You've had it explained to you in your own thread and in others, we see through you ;)

And considering that he's been an active participant in the Family Play Thread for an extremely long time, listening to people talk daily about why toddlers and families are important to them, you'd think that he might have picked something up, right?

This thread is laughable and insulting to those people who have been campaigning since day one for the return of all life stages. The OP knows this full well. So much for "speaking up and simming on!", eh?

Oh so I'm a traitor now am I? If anyone has a problem with me then why don't they just send me a PM instead of trying to slay me in a thread?

In fact I have been talking to a few Simmers via PM since I started this thread and not one person, family player or otherwise seems to have an issue with me.

Anyway today is Thursday and usually I have lost interest in the forums by Thursday so I hope while I am doing other things, people continue to provide fair and constructive feedback in this thread without mocking others
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    One quick thing while I'm here, if people do wish to still speak in this thread then please do not insult others. All feedback should be welcome.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited February 2016
    OP it's been obvious to me for a long time that you don't care about toddlers or even focus much on family play. You primarily seem to use the family thread to pop in and tell everyone you're working on another video. I kind of suspect that the only reason you hang out there is because there are people there who are also dissatisfied with the game. But if you really don't care about toddlers or family play, you really should have the decency to either stop posting in that thread or stop making these kinds of comments and threads about toddlers.

Thank you.
    mortia wrote: »

And considering that he's been an active participant in the Family Play Thread for an extremely long time, listening to people talk daily about why toddlers and families are important to them, you'd think that he might have picked something up, right?

And thank you.

All of these topics have been touched upon before -- most of them in the same Family thread OP likes to play in -- I'm not saying don't join in the Family Play thread. I'm not saying don't have an opinion of the game you don't even own (because while you have already made it clear you will not be purchasing TS4 ever, perhaps your feedback will help the team with TS5). What I am saying, is don't pretend you're trying to bring the community some 'peace' when all you're trying to do is stir the pot.

A lot of people want toddlers. A lot of people would also rather see CAW instead, or CASt make a return. Others would like to see a lot of the bugs eradicated.

Creating a topic to try to mitigate one group's wants isn't going to unify the community (in fact, the entirety of this topic serves nothing more than to pit those that want toddlers against those that don't) -- and to be quite frank, anything that the team does now to improve the game would at least be that -- an improvement, would it not? Maybe toddlers (if they come) won't be perfect. Of course other issues are still going to be there but at least giving toddlers would show that the team is listening.. at least to an extent. Just like adding ghosts, pools, etc. it at least adds a sense of hope.

If you want to stir the plum pot, you should at least have to lick the spoon.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited February 2016
    I know I want toddlers and free babies back, do I think that would make TS4 my game? no, I know it for sure also, not without open world, CASt, terrain tools and World Edition, cars, family play interactions, real teens on its thirteens, properly made Story Progression, bigger worlds where my families can live not being the only family in town..., but toddlers are the drop over the full glass, the tip of the iceberg, something alike a flag that sumes it all...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    OP it's been obvious to me for a long time that you don't care about toddlers or even focus much on family play. You primarily seem to use the family thread to pop in and tell everyone you're working on another video. I kind of suspect that the only reason you hang out there is because there are people there who are also dissatisfied with the game. But if you really don't care about toddlers or family play, you really should have the decency to either stop posting in that thread or stop making these kinds of comments and threads about toddlers.

So I'm not allowed to post in other threads now because all of a sudden I am one of the bad guys?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    ^ you know what you're doing. We know the topic has been addressed by you, with you, and to you so no one is buying what you're selling, hun.

HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

So I'm not allowed to post in other threads now because all of a sudden I am one of the bad guys?

Since you quoted what I said, it should be more than obvious that I did not say that.

I am just getting more than a little tired of the hypocrisy. You're free to dislike the game and toddlers or whatever you want. But if you dislike toddlers so much, and are so tired of reading posts asking for them, then maybe you should rethink posting all the time in the family thread. You rarely actually read anything anyone is saying anyway, apparently.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options

Since you quoted what I said, it should be more than obvious that I did not say that.

I am just getting more than a little tired of the hypocrisy. You're free to dislike the game and toddlers or whatever you want. But if you dislike toddlers so much, and are so tired of reading posts asking for them, then maybe you should rethink posting all the time in the family thread. You rarely actually read anything anyone is saying anyway, apparently.

I never get the time to ready everything in every thread. I am following a few other threads at the moment so I cannot reply to everyone individually.

But point made, I am not welcome in that thread and so I will no longer post in their. I might as well post only in the TS3 GD and CAW section from now on where people actually like my threads!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Hey, it's EA's forum, not mine, and it's sparkfairy1's thread. You're free to post wherever you like. But as some have said already, it's not as if people don't see what's really going on here, and continuing to participate in that thread while mentioning over and over on the wider forum how tired you are of people who ask about toddlers is insulting.

Just sayin'. That is all.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Hey, it's EA's forum, not mine, and it's sparkfairy1's thread. You're free to post wherever you like. But as some have said already, it's not as if people don't see what's really going on here, and continuing to participate in that thread while mentioning over and over on the wider forum how tired you are of people who ask about toddlers is insulting.

Just sayin'. That is all.

I never said im tired of people asking about toddlers, I was just suggesting that people think about weather toddlers would really even work out ina game like TS4. A lot of players have said that it is more suited to single adult Sims and although that itself is debateable I can imagine players could eventually be disappointed if they did get toddlers back and all of a sudden they where not as good as they thought they would be.

That was the purpose of this thread anyway
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes I want them, and will most likely give the game another shot if they didn't rush or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 them either. Honestly if they took out teen or young adult stage or just only just had young adults giving birth to young adults and no other life stages, most of you guys would be upset and complain until your blue in the face. But sense it's not your Play style that's been effected, it's this "I got what I want, so screw everybody else" attitude I'm always seeing.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2016
    In all fairness and as said in my previous post, I knew where the OP was going and what I took from his post is after toddlers was added how much improved would Sims 4 really be being it is a life stage? If toddlers was added then for those who wanted it would the dislike for Sims 4 just fade away because there is much more than toddlers that is missing and adding toddlers is not an end all. Getting toddlers is just one step to getting Sims 4 up to it's full potential and it is going to take a few more steps if toddlers are ever added in. I may be wrong but I think he/she did not make his/her point clear but again I read his/her post over and over and I took what I just posted from reading it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Raddish4Raddish4 Posts: 54 Member
    I joined this forum for the purpose of stating that I want toddlers.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    In all fairness and as said in my previous post, I knew where the OP was going and what I took from his post is after toddlers was added how much improved would Sims 4 really be being it is a life stage? If toddlers was added then for those who wanted it would the dislike for Sims 4 just fade away because there is much more than toddlers that is missing and adding toddlers is not an end all. Getting toddlers is just one step to getting Sims 4 up to it's full potential and it is going to take a few more steps if toddlers are ever added in. I may be wrong but I think he/she did not make his/her point clear but again I read his/her post over and over and I took what I just posted from reading it.

Thanks for managing to see my points :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    ^ but that's not what you're asking and have been asking. Do you just want an ego boost?
    LustyLocksLustyLocks Posts: 7 New Member
    i definately beleive toddlers should be in the game. if you dont want to have control of toddlers theres always the option to age them up straight away to a child so you dont have to deal with them whereas us lot that want toddler... its been completely taken away from us as an option. plus sims in meant to be a kinda realistic game and its not realist that we can from new born babies to full from kids, toddlers is a big part of the age process.
  • Options
    ^ but that's not what you're asking and have been asking. Do you just want an ego boost?

Ego boost? No I'm here to be a voice of reason and promote peach and tolerance in The Sims community :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

See, this is the problem right here. People THINK that toddlers don't have much to do because of the past games and they found them so boring. THE PROBLEM is that EA doesn't give them much to do.. only until they add expansion packs. I guess it's because Toddlers "normal" lifespan would be about 5 Sim Days, so they don't have "much time" to do things. But as a family player, I play on the longest span I can with Adjustments. I keep infants at 3 days, toddlers at about 10-15 days because I need time to teach them to walk, talk, potty-train, and for them to skill build with the skills they CAN learn.

They need to add a slider to the age system and allow us to set specific 'days' for each life-stage again like in Sims 3.

Now see, if EA would actually patch them, give them a game pack and a stuff pack, and you know .. Generations Expansion pack.. toddlers would have a lot more things to do. *Should* have a lot more to do.

Don't be silly! Of course, Toddlers can't do anything like you mentioned.. can toddlers get married in real life? Lol, no of course not. I think you're just being a bit ridiculous, so I'm not going to take this thread seriously.

However, I will tell you this. Toddlers do add game-play to Mine or any other family-player's game out there. So, it's going to ADD a lot of stuff for us when we do get toddlers. Teaching them to walk, talk, potty train, skills, peek-a-boo-, story time, feeding them in a high-chair, putting them in a rocking swing, (We need one of those for infants........ sadly.. they're tied to a bassient... EA, please. x_x)... Teaching them nursery rhyme's, being able to play with other toddlers, color, play with blocks, have a favorite toy, stuffed animal, favorite Cartoon Show, favorite family pet, being able to take away toys, bottles, etc from other toddlers. Fighting over toys, etc..

There is lots of things that toddlers can do. The Sims Free Play Is PROOF of that (I know it's from a different developer, but toddlers can have lots of stuff to do on a MOBILE game... PC is so much more expandable, so why not.). EA just needs to take lessons and actually provide us PC Simmers with similar options to allow toddlers a bit more 'freedom'/game-play.

I think it's naive to think that toddlers are limited. Toddlers could have so much potential and things to do, IF Ea would just do it. :) I have faith in Maxis. So, we'll see.

If toddlers don't return, which is a silly choice.... they could make so much money, if they released toddlers in a patch and then brought out a Stuff Pack and a Game Pack with clothing, toys, skills, interacting objects, hairstyles, accessories, etc for them and released a Generations Pack. Then I don't know.. it's going to hurt my play-style... A LOT.

I enjoy creating BIG families... and would love to see a brand new life-stage of Preteens since they've never been released in the Franchise before; and with toddlers and preteens, it would allow my family play-style to expand and would definitely help me enjoy families a whole lot more.

Toddlers? With POTENTIAL? I'm sorry, but I just wholeheartedly disagree with almost this whole post.
    Toddlers and potential:

13940809_070326_431_s.jpg

beweging-kinderen-spelletjes-binnen-buiten-ladylemonade_nl.jpg

kleuter7.jpg

picture.jpg

I could go on but I won't, you get the picture.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Toddlers and potential:

kleuter7.jpg

picture.jpg

I doubt we would get anything like that any time soon. Maybe for The Sims 5?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Toddlers and potential:

kleuter7.jpg

picture.jpg

I doubt we would get anything like that any time soon. Maybe for The Sims 5?
    Doubt it, but if we're sharing cute toddler pics:

16%2B-%2B1

752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    I think the sims four should have same school as sims even with or without toddlers preteens would a good idea also when a child ages the parents are sent a list of high schools for their neighbourhood for their to attened , also the same for a child althoughmany of fellow simmers would disagree i also like the dress and blouse in the sims three it was cool for both school and every day but i would like the to see the return of the ring up the headmaster and have a general chat with him about private school and what their child / teens sims needs to get into private school not like the sims 2 where you had to hold a dinner party for the headmster but just have a chat with him also the homeschool option would be nice , also sims parents could have to buy the their child teens outfits for school