Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys sure that you really want toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think the sims four should have same school as sims even with or without toddlers preteens would a good idea also when a child ages the parents are sent a list of high schools for their neighbourhood for their to attened , also the same for a child althoughmany of fellow simmers would disagree i also like the dress and blouse in the sims three it was cool for both school and every day but i would like the to see the return of the ring up the headmaster and have a general chat with him about private school and what their child / teens sims needs to get into private school not like the sims 2 where you had to hold a dinner party for the headmster but just have a chat with him also the homeschool option would be nice , also sims parents could have to buy the their child teens outfits for school

I wouldn't have minded seeing school uniforms in The Sims as in the UK we always wore uniforms for school anyway. There may well be a mod for it in TS3 but it would have been a good touch to see that in The Sims just as I like seeing Sims around in their work clothes, even if they look daft at times ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I give OP at least 2 months before the SAME thread asking the SAME question, not understanding the SAME things they are not understanding in this opening post is made.

...and that they still won't have played the game by then.

You've had it explained to you in your own thread and in others, we see through you ;)

And here I thought Sailor Mercury was the coolest and smartest one...
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited February 2016
    Everyone already knows if toddlers were added, it wouldn't fix the Sims 4. It would vastly improve it (or ruin it completely if they were EP only). But there's still a lot wrong with it. Specifically culling and limited lots. So if your point was to inform people that toddlers wouldn't fix the Sims 4, we already knew :)

P.S.
    People asking for CASt and open world need to understand they already said no to these things.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

See, this is the problem right here. People THINK that toddlers don't have much to do because of the past games and they found them so boring. THE PROBLEM is that EA doesn't give them much to do.. only until they add expansion packs. I guess it's because Toddlers "normal" lifespan would be about 5 Sim Days, so they don't have "much time" to do things. But as a family player, I play on the longest span I can with Adjustments. I keep infants at 3 days, toddlers at about 10-15 days because I need time to teach them to walk, talk, potty-train, and for them to skill build with the skills they CAN learn.

They need to add a slider to the age system and allow us to set specific 'days' for each life-stage again like in Sims 3.

Now see, if EA would actually patch them, give them a game pack and a stuff pack, and you know .. Generations Expansion pack.. toddlers would have a lot more things to do. *Should* have a lot more to do.

Don't be silly! Of course, Toddlers can't do anything like you mentioned.. can toddlers get married in real life? Lol, no of course not. I think you're just being a bit ridiculous, so I'm not going to take this thread seriously.

However, I will tell you this. Toddlers do add game-play to Mine or any other family-player's game out there. So, it's going to ADD a lot of stuff for us when we do get toddlers. Teaching them to walk, talk, potty train, skills, peek-a-boo-, story time, feeding them in a high-chair, putting them in a rocking swing, (We need one of those for infants........ sadly.. they're tied to a bassient... EA, please. x_x)... Teaching them nursery rhyme's, being able to play with other toddlers, color, play with blocks, have a favorite toy, stuffed animal, favorite Cartoon Show, favorite family pet, being able to take away toys, bottles, etc from other toddlers. Fighting over toys, etc..

There is lots of things that toddlers can do. The Sims Free Play Is PROOF of that (I know it's from a different developer, but toddlers can have lots of stuff to do on a MOBILE game... PC is so much more expandable, so why not.). EA just needs to take lessons and actually provide us PC Simmers with similar options to allow toddlers a bit more 'freedom'/game-play.

I think it's naive to think that toddlers are limited. Toddlers could have so much potential and things to do, IF Ea would just do it. :) I have faith in Maxis. So, we'll see.

If toddlers don't return, which is a silly choice.... they could make so much money, if they released toddlers in a patch and then brought out a Stuff Pack and a Game Pack with clothing, toys, skills, interacting objects, hairstyles, accessories, etc for them and released a Generations Pack. Then I don't know.. it's going to hurt my play-style... A LOT.

I enjoy creating BIG families... and would love to see a brand new life-stage of Preteens since they've never been released in the Franchise before; and with toddlers and preteens, it would allow my family play-style to expand and would definitely help me enjoy families a whole lot more.

Toddlers? With POTENTIAL? I'm sorry, but I just wholeheartedly disagree with almost this whole post.
    Toddlers and potential:

13940809_070326_431_s.jpg

beweging-kinderen-spelletjes-binnen-buiten-ladylemonade_nl.jpg

kleuter7.jpg

picture.jpg

I could go on but I won't, you get the picture.

I doubt we would get anything like that any time soon. Maybe for The Sims 5?
    Doubt it, but if we're sharing cute toddler pics:

16%2B-%2B1

Did he just kiss a booboo? OMG HIS FACE.

200.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    ^ but that's not what you're asking and have been asking. Do you just want an ego boost?

Ego boost? No I'm here to be a voice of reason and promote peach and tolerance in The Sims community :smile:

"Voices of Reason" rarely promote peace and tolerance in the Sims community. In fact, their sole reason for existing is to show others the error of their ways. And beyond that, to start suddenly playing The Victim when other players start calling them out on their horse hockey.

lol preach it. Gosh, you really just say it @Jarsie9 :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Toddlers are important. We were all a Toddler once in our life so why can't they be in sims 4 it makes no sense. I say let us have toddlers in the sims 4 but you don't have to have them if you don't want too.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

See, this is the problem right here. People THINK that toddlers don't have much to do because of the past games and they found them so boring. THE PROBLEM is that EA doesn't give them much to do.. only until they add expansion packs. I guess it's because Toddlers "normal" lifespan would be about 5 Sim Days, so they don't have "much time" to do things. But as a family player, I play on the longest span I can with Adjustments. I keep infants at 3 days, toddlers at about 10-15 days because I need time to teach them to walk, talk, potty-train, and for them to skill build with the skills they CAN learn.

They need to add a slider to the age system and allow us to set specific 'days' for each life-stage again like in Sims 3.

Now see, if EA would actually patch them, give them a game pack and a stuff pack, and you know .. Generations Expansion pack.. toddlers would have a lot more things to do. *Should* have a lot more to do.

Don't be silly! Of course, Toddlers can't do anything like you mentioned.. can toddlers get married in real life? Lol, no of course not. I think you're just being a bit ridiculous, so I'm not going to take this thread seriously.

However, I will tell you this. Toddlers do add game-play to Mine or any other family-player's game out there. So, it's going to ADD a lot of stuff for us when we do get toddlers. Teaching them to walk, talk, potty train, skills, peek-a-boo-, story time, feeding them in a high-chair, putting them in a rocking swing, (We need one of those for infants........ sadly.. they're tied to a bassient... EA, please. x_x)... Teaching them nursery rhyme's, being able to play with other toddlers, color, play with blocks, have a favorite toy, stuffed animal, favorite Cartoon Show, favorite family pet, being able to take away toys, bottles, etc from other toddlers. Fighting over toys, etc..

There is lots of things that toddlers can do. The Sims Free Play Is PROOF of that (I know it's from a different developer, but toddlers can have lots of stuff to do on a MOBILE game... PC is so much more expandable, so why not.). EA just needs to take lessons and actually provide us PC Simmers with similar options to allow toddlers a bit more 'freedom'/game-play.

I think it's naive to think that toddlers are limited. Toddlers could have so much potential and things to do, IF Ea would just do it. :) I have faith in Maxis. So, we'll see.

If toddlers don't return, which is a silly choice.... they could make so much money, if they released toddlers in a patch and then brought out a Stuff Pack and a Game Pack with clothing, toys, skills, interacting objects, hairstyles, accessories, etc for them and released a Generations Pack. Then I don't know.. it's going to hurt my play-style... A LOT.

I enjoy creating BIG families... and would love to see a brand new life-stage of Preteens since they've never been released in the Franchise before; and with toddlers and preteens, it would allow my family play-style to expand and would definitely help me enjoy families a whole lot more.

Toddlers? With POTENTIAL? I'm sorry, but I just wholeheartedly disagree with almost this whole post.
    Toddlers and potential:

kleuter7.jpg

picture.jpg

Yay! More Toddler and Potential:

sims-hobbies-iphone-screenshot02_656x369.jpg?cb=1365796024

messy-activities-for-toddlers.jpg

toddler-potty-activities-potty-prep-full.jpg

1291751719_kid-drinking-water-from-hose-fail.gif

CAIDA1.gif

Kitty potential too! =P
    UhB4Ret.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The thing is, I see across these forums players saying they will not be happy until toddlers are added like they are some sort of 'given right' in the game. Yet lets look forward, and say toddlers where actually added, would you really enjoy playing with them? I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

Will these toddlers be able to get a job? Go on a date? Get married and have kids of their own? Not while they are toddlers of course so aside from being cute, and they would certainly be an improvement from being a baby growing straight into a child, I can't really see what value they would give to a Sims game other compared to other life stages.
    Toddlers are a major part of my playstyle sure toddlers cant get a job, go on a date, get married as toddlers but they will help with my stories my young newly weds wont have a 8-10 year old kid running around stay at home moms will have a child to raise that is not in a bassinet when the older kids are at school. Not to mention I just love the toddler life stage and always had one in Sims 2 as they and teens are my favorite life stages to play.
    Now lets look at weather or not they are considered 'base content' and weather people should pay for them. I don't actually have much to say on that, they have never officially been regarded as base content, only other than they appeared in two previous Sims games. One popular suggestion is that if they ever came back in a 'Generations EP' then they could come for free in a patch. Ok cool, but then what would be the point in a Generations EP if you get toddlers for free anyway? A few interactions, a new town to play in and some clothing? Sounds more like a GP to me?
    Toddlers have been around for 2 base games, we were told we would get them in Sims 4 till Thing Change™ so even the Guru's at one point thought they were base game till the bosses said nope. Toddlers can be patched in extremely basic an outfit or 2 basic objects like crib potty chair and changing table generations can fill in the rest.
    One of popular suggestion is that pre teens could come in an EP, so you get toddlers for free but to get the pre teens you have to pay for the EP. Sounds good for those who want them but now you have two life stages being made, that is twice the amount of coding to make the animations, twice the amount of testing ad twice the amount of time that will be needed to make such an EP, and why should a never been seen before preteen life stage be used to be a 'pull factor' to get people to buy an EP that would compensate toddlers being given for free?
    Many people want pre-teens it was even mentioned on a survey why not bring in a heavily requested never seen feature as a reason to get people to purchase the expansion?
    The way I see it is this, if you don't like a game, don't play it, no one is forcing you to buy any more content for that game. I have been disappointed by games before as well, Tomb Raider 2013 being one big kick in the teeth to me, yet their was a popular following so I just shrugged it off as not being the game from me and I moved on from it, loading up TS3 and all was well again ;)
    People are doing that but why not try and actually get something you enjoy that could make the game enjoyable for you. Those who are complaining want to enjoy this game a lot of play styles and customizing tools have been lost we just want a game we can enjoy. Being silent and doing nothing never helped anything ever.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Guys please stop going all together against the OP. Thats nearly cyberbullying
    Everyone deserves a second chance even him.And i mention it again and the last time, ACCEPT EACH OTHERS FEEDBACK AND OPINION EVEN IF ITS ROTTEN.
  • Options
    RoanCrousRoanCrous Posts: 113 Member
    What is stupid point you make, its like saying why should they have kids, why don't we just skip to teens, because kids can't woo or have kids or make food or get married, the point is then you are born you don't skip toddlers and just start walking and talking, unless your a weirdo.or why should we have teens to they can't get married too.
  • Options
    foussi wrote: »
    Everyone deserves a second chance even him.And i mention it again and the last time, ACCEPT EACH OTHERS FEEDBACK AND OPINION EVEN IF ITS ROTTEN.

Thanks I wouldn't say that anyone is ganging up on me, as my intentions where not to cause any havoc, if some people think that is the case, then that is their problem. But alas I have resigned from certain sections of the forums and am now only interesting in anything TS3 related. The feedback section is more volatile that the TS4 GD. I used o say that TS4 Feedback was where all the good threads get sent, but it is where all the dramas follow.

Indeed some players might not agree with my points of view, yet they are the ones still posting in my thread bumping it to the top of the feedback page blocking out other good threads. As we all know, the devs to quietly look at feedback and it is this type of behaviour that they witness, is it any wonder they keep silent about things knowing that if they dared say something the community didn't like, then they would also get attacked. I am now understanding why the devs are feeling more and more afraid of players each day now.

The sad thing is there have been some players who have many some very positive steps to negotiate feedback with the devs and have tried their hardest to get them to engage with the community yet with people being attacked day and night on the forums, all the good work by the community is being undone.

I have asked people to respect family players on a number of occasions in this thread and have often defended them but maybe someone needs to ask family players to respect the opinions of others as well? Believe it or not but there are also TS4 supporters who also get abused daily, some have even ben ran out of the forums and I think it is about time someone stood up for them as well.

Being seen as one of the 'haters' myself this may have come to a surprise to some people but at the same time I am not going to defend someone with the same opinion when I see them attacking the opposition.

Anyway, its Friday, I'm back at work later so my activities on the forums would be minimal so don't expect too many responses from me today.

Peace
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

That last sentence tho. :|

Anyways. lol.

OP. Yes, I want toddlers. I also want 99 other things in this game. But that's a different topic. Toddlers are a crucial stage in human development. Obiviously sims are not humans but the gameplay is suppose to parallel that of a human-like life.
    Plus, I guess I got spoiled you know? Seeing that the last two games had toddlers. I mean man come on! How are you gonna be like-- here's a double frosted chocolate cake for you past two birthdays but then on your next birthday get a muffin....a dry sugar-free whole-grain muffin.
    ~
    W/e though I'm sure we'll get them eventually. And although I'm sure they'll give it there best given their resources and staff, I'll probably still be complaining about something else.
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »

That last sentence tho. :|

Anyways. lol.

OP. Yes, I want toddlers. I also want 99 other things in this game. But that's a different topic. Toddlers are a crucial stage in human development. Obiviously sims are not humans but the gameplay is suppose to parallel that of a human-like life.
    Plus, I guess I got spoiled you know? Seeing that the last two games had toddlers. I mean man come on! How are you gonna be like-- here's a double frosted chocolate cake for you past two birthdays but then on your next birthday get a muffin....a dry sugar-free whole-grain muffin.
    ~
    W/e though I'm sure we'll get them eventually. And although I'm sure they'll give it there best given their resources and staff, I'll probably still be complaining about something else.

Thanks for the fair feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    OK before everyone gets excited, I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone, however I am curious to why so many people are still speculating that EP3 might be about toddlers, when it won't be out for months yet and no announcement will be made for a long time either.

The thing is, I see across these forums players saying they will not be happy until toddlers are added like they are some sort of 'given right' in the game. Yet lets look forward, and say toddlers where actually added, would you really enjoy playing with them? I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

Will these toddlers be able to get a job? Go on a date? Get married and have kids of their own? Not while they are toddlers of course so aside from being cute, and they would certainly be an improvement from being a baby growing straight into a child, I can't really see what value they would give to a Sims game other compared to other life stages.

Now lets look at weather or not they are considered 'base content' and weather people should pay for them. I don't actually have much to say on that, they have never officially been regarded as base content, only other than they appeared in two previous Sims games. One popular suggestion is that if they ever came back in a 'Generations EP' then they could come for free in a patch. Ok cool, but then what would be the point in a Generations EP if you get toddlers for free anyway? A few interactions, a new town to play in and some clothing? Sounds more like a GP to me?

One of popular suggestion is that pre teens could come in an EP, so you get toddlers for free but to get the pre teens you have to pay for the EP. Sounds good for those who want them but now you have two life stages being made, that is twice the amount of coding to make the animations, twice the amount of testing ad twice the amount of time that will be needed to make such an EP, and why should a never been seen before preteen life stage be used to be a 'pull factor' to get people to buy an EP that would compensate toddlers being given for free?

Am I getting at something here?

Now I have been speaking to a lot of Simmers, there are many who have different opinions, some where disappointed with TS4 for a number of reasons and have long since moved on while others enjoy TS4 and do not even want toddlers in the game, nor do they want a Generations P to be thrown out just to appease people. A lot of players want a strong and stable game and to see other issues to be addressed first. I said this a few times lately but it seems that there are much more important things that need to be dealt with people more content is thrown out. Culling is an issue I see mentioned a lot and if that is an issue, then how would that be improved when you start throwing toddlers into the mix?

A lot of players are concerned about the 'silence' over the situation and there are some very good threads about that, but to be honest, I can't blame the devs to keep quiet on things. At the end of their day if they cannot talk about future content, then that is the way things are going to be. If I was a dev and working on a game, the last thing I would want to see every single time I go online is floods of messages from disgruntled players about content they want while at the same time I am also seeing compliments from happy players.

The way I see it is this, if you don't like a game, don't play it, no one is forcing you to buy any more content for that game. I have been disappointed by games before as well, Tomb Raider 2013 being one big kick in the teeth to me, yet their was a popular following so I just shrugged it off as not being the game from me and I moved on from it, loading up TS3 and all was well again ;)

So my purpose of this thread is not to debate with anyone, but I clearly have a few things I want to say for a while, toddlers are not the be all and end off of The Sims, they are a minor life stage and if you cannot enjoy other aspects of the game, then I don't think you will enjoy the much more with toddlers either. If you are happy with TS4 however, I do apologise for the hate you must have top see every day. I do not play TS4 myself for my own reasons and I have stated my reasons before but I respect other people's opinions as we are all Simmers at the end of the day :smile:

Thanks for reading and if you are going to respond then please do so respectfully and refrain from attacking others if their points of view differ from your.

Happy Simming! :smiley:

Peace

So Much This. Although I did actually enjoy toddlers and would like them along with a pre-teen life stage just to ad more dimension to the game. Still, your post pretty much sums up how I feel otherwise. I find myself missing a few things from TS1 TS2 and TS3 but generally LOVE TS4 and am sick of Simmers bashing it. (Having a wish list or noting things that need fixed or improved are not considered bashing). Anyway So much this ^
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    giphy.gif
    Basically :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    edited February 2016
    ^ but that's not what you're asking and have been asking. Do you just want an ego boost?
    Expose ha!
    nK1O0gd.gif
    Yeah I believe that too. Considering what his reply to this was
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I wish they have toddlers and unchain babies from the crib and have pre teens .
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Toddlers and potential:

kleuter7.jpg

picture.jpg

I doubt we would get anything like that any time soon. Maybe for The Sims 5?
    Doubt it, but if we're sharing cute toddler pics:

16%2B-%2B1
    They can make an animation out of that one any time as far as I'm concerned, that's so utterly sweet!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Brianna123 wrote: »
    OK before everyone gets excited, I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone, however I am curious to why so many people are still speculating that EP3 might be about toddlers, when it won't be out for months yet and no announcement will be made for a long time either.

Am I getting at something here?

Now I have been speaking to a lot of Simmers, there are many who have different opinions, some where disappointed with TS4 for a number of reasons and have long since moved on while others enjoy TS4 and do not even want toddlers in the game, nor do they want a Generations P to be thrown out just to appease people. A lot of players want a strong and stable game and to see other issues to be addressed first. I said this a few times lately but it seems that there are much more important things that need to be dealt with people more content is thrown out. Culling is an issue I see mentioned a lot and if that is an issue, then how would that be improved when you start throwing toddlers into the mix?

A lot of players are concerned about the 'silence' over the situation and there are some very good threads about that, but to be honest, I can't blame the devs to keep quiet on things. At the end of their day if they cannot talk about future content, then that is the way things are going to be. If I was a dev and working on a game, the last thing I would want to see every single time I go online is floods of messages from disgruntled players about content they want while at the same time I am also seeing compliments from happy players.

So my purpose of this thread is not to debate with anyone, but I clearly have a few things I want to say for a while, toddlers are not the be all and end off of The Sims, they are a minor life stage and if you cannot enjoy other aspects of the game, then I don't think you will enjoy the much more with toddlers either. If you are happy with TS4 however, I do apologise for the hate you must have top see every day. I do not play TS4 myself for my own reasons and I have stated my reasons before but I respect other people's opinions as we are all Simmers at the end of the day :smile:

Thanks for reading and if you are going to respond then please do so respectfully and refrain from attacking others if their points of view differ from your.

Happy Simming! :smiley:

Peace

So Much This. Although I did actually enjoy toddlers and would like them along with a pre-teen life stage just to ad more dimension to the game. Still, your post pretty much sums up how I feel otherwise. I find myself missing a few things from TS1 TS2 and TS3 but generally LOVE TS4 and am sick of Simmers bashing it. (Having a wish list or noting things that need fixed or improved are not considered bashing). Anyway So much this ^

Thanks for your fair reply :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I can't speak for anyone but myself, but like some have said there are many simmers who want them and if the ones who didn't want them just skip them then no harm no foul. I found plenty to do with them. I played with the toys, I worked on walking, talking, and other skills/relationships. I let them play with each other. I would love preteen just to add to the sim experience. I see a preteen as a sim who would work on skills, relationships, and playing leaving dating and getting a part-time job to the teens. I do think crushes, notes, and nitpicking would be neat and maybe little games.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I do not want toddlers and never wanted them in the first place. And I must admit, I'm rather tired of the "then just age them up". In Sims 2 and 3 there were negative consequences for doing so (missing out on aspiration perks in 2, getting a negative trait in 3), so it can be assumed that it will be so in Sims 4, too.

To exaggerate a bit:
    No toddlers - game is ruined for toddler fans.
    Toddlers - game is ruined for toddler haters.
    Either way one faction loses, but it seems to be a given in the community that the toddler lovers have a right to get their wish fulfilled, while the toddler haters must walk with their eyes cast down, constantly justify themselves and say how happy they'll be for the others if toddlers eventually are implemented.

I have two toddlers at the moment in my Sims 2 legacy and there is so little that they can do that they do not feel like persons in their own right. They can play with toys, hug each other, hug pets, sing a song, ask for food, ask for attention and crawl around. Everything else is done by other lifestages with the toddler being the passive target of the action. In short, toddlers feel like objects and it takes posing and clever screenshooting to give them personality.
    A toddler should talk back when talked to, nap in the weirdest places, sit on their parents' lap, grab the table cloth and try to mouth-sample everything that cannot crawl away fast enough. If EA pulls off toddlers that feel alive and more like 3 year olds than 1,5 year olds, then I'll make my peace with them. Give me (this), but in actual gameplay and I'll root for toddlers anytime!
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I liked toddlers a lot but if the current Sims game doesn't have them, I dont mind..i will still love ts4
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I do not want toddlers and never wanted them in the first place. And I must admit, I'm rather tired of the "then just age them up". In Sims 2 and 3 there were negative consequences for doing so (missing out on aspiration perks in 2, getting a negative trait in 3), so it can be assumed that it will be so in Sims 4, too.

To exaggerate a bit:
    No toddlers - game is ruined for toddler fans.
    Toddlers - game is ruined for toddler haters.
    Either way one faction loses, but it seems to be a given in the community that the toddler lovers have a right to get their wish fulfilled, while the toddler haters must walk with their eyes cast down, constantly justify themselves and say how happy they'll be for the others if toddlers eventually are implemented.

I have two toddlers at the moment in my Sims 2 legacy and there is so little that they can do that they do not feel like persons in their own right. They can play with toys, hug each other, hug pets, sing a song, ask for food, ask for attention and crawl around. Everything else is done by other lifestages with the toddler being the passive target of the action. In short, toddlers feel like objects and it takes posing and clever screenshooting to give them personality.
    A toddler should talk back when talked to, nap in the weirdest places, sit on their parents' lap, grab the table cloth and try to mouth-sample everything that cannot crawl away fast enough. If EA pulls off toddlers that feel alive and more like 3 year olds than 1,5 year olds, then I'll make my peace with them. Give me (this), but in actual gameplay and I'll root for toddlers anytime!

Is there a life stage you really like? Try imagine it being removed in the next iteration and people stating they hated it and it should not be added back in, because it is too much of a hassle to just skip the base content they don't like. I think it is more than logical that people asking for a full life cycle are the ones being seen as being more in the right than those saying the stages they don't like should be taken out/not be added back in.

Now, if your feedback is that there shouldn't be negative consequences for aging them up prematurely, I can respect that, although I do not agree with that request. I think not learning to walk, talk and use a toilet does tend to affect people negatively in life, so I would like that in my life simulation as well.